Gun control ... actual question

One kill per round fired is the ultimate in economic efficiency in warfare.

I dunno, sending 1 round through a concrete block wall resulting in several dead insurgents all at once seems more economical to me.

Yes, they are. Damned shame you couldn't hack it, and had to get a permanent profile.

No shame here, I hacked it for almost 10 years in a few of the most prestigious and elite combat teams/units in the US Army.

And I think it's fair to say a full retirement is a few steps up from a permanent profile. :cool:

But we all know how much you hate US veterans and consider them welfare mooches, so hate on hater!! :D

Last edited:
One kill per round fired is the ultimate in economic efficiency in warfare.

I dunno, sending 1 round through a concrete block wall resulting in several dead insurgents all at once seems more economical to me.

FUCK EFFICIENCY FIRE FOR EFFECT!!!
tenor.gif

No shame here, I hacked it for almost 10 years in a few of the most prestigious and elite combat teams/units in the US Army.

And I think it's fair to say a full retirement is a few steps up from a permanent profile. :cool:

But we all know how much you hate US veterans and consider them welfare mooches, so hate on hater!! :D

Seems like I recall you saying you were going to try ranger school or something again but hurt your back so couldn’t. Might misremember...

Barrett's are mighty impressive. It goes to show you how little the anti-gun nuts know about ballistics when the first thing they want to ban is a black, 22 caliber rifle. Granted, 223 has a bit more velocity than a .22 rimfire, but if that sort of thing scares you, best not find out what a real gun can do.

A 4,000 fps varmint gun with a .177, bb-sized projectile is scarier than an AR15

Seems like I recall you saying you were going to try ranger school or something again but hurt your back so couldn’t. Might misremember...

I was going to do SFAS (special forces assessment and selection) and either get my triple canopy
s-l640.jpg

Or not and I would drop my warrant officer packet and go fly the choppaz.

But yea, I had a bad week at work and got hammered hard enough to get a retirement package instead.

Barrett's are mighty impressive. It goes to show you how little the anti-gun nuts know about ballistics when the first thing they want to ban is a black, 22 caliber rifle. Granted, 223 has a bit more velocity than a .22 rimfire, but if that sort of thing scares you, best not find out what a real gun can do.

A 4,000 fps varmint gun with a .177, bb-sized projectile is scarier than an AR15

50 BMG is 100% banned in California. No ammo, no rifles, no nada.

Barrett was so pissed he refuses to service the rifles that the police have. No parts, no help, no nada.

Everyone mostly converted their rifles to .510 DTC. Same ballistics, performance, and magazines as .50 BMG, but not banned.

I was going to do SFAS (special forces assessment and selection) and either get my triple canopy
s-l640.jpg

Or not and I would drop my warrant officer packet and go fly the choppaz.

But yea, I had a bad week at work and got hammered hard enough to get a retirement package instead.

Ah, thanks...

I can well imagine your shame.

. . .'cause guns n girls is GHEY!

I truly don't give a fuck how you identify sexually, but this whole 'oh, look at how big THIS gun is' thing is just sad. Honestly, how many of you are hard right now?

Gun sentiment

Out of the 74 countries for which data seems to be available, the US has the 11th highest rate of gun deaths (and the 10 higher countries are not exactly surprising). Of the 64 countries for which data is available, the US is the 12th highest for accidental gun deaths. (Source - yes, it's Wikipedia, but the way they make their tables able to be manipulated works pretty well. If anyone has a more reliable source for these data, I'd be interested to see it.)

Since the Vegas shooting, I've read a lot of stuff here and been thinking a lot about the issue of gun control. I personally don't have a problem with guns as a concept. However, we don't own a gun, and we don't live in a context in which gun ownership is common. We also have an incredibly low rate of gun death.

I've learnt a lot about the Second Amendment in the last few days, and read quite complex arguments about how gun ownership is a 'right' ... I'm not sill convinced that it's a human right, but I get that it's a right under the US constitution. And I have a better understanding (although far from complete) of the history of the US that's created the culture in which that seems to make sense.

So, in the light of all that, I'm thinking most people would still agree the stats in para one above are not great? Given that, what is proposed as the solution? If you don't think greater gun control is the answer, what is?

It would be great if any thoughts along any lines were supported by actual evidence.

*Feel free to hurl whatever insults you want in my general direction in response to anything that's said in this thread, but I won't respond to that. I'm actually genuinely interested in getting an understanding of the situation.
Mine have sentimental value. I hunted as a youth. Now hiking does the same thing. Assault rifles should be banned and you should have to undergo a background check to buy one. I feel sorry for the people who feel so insecure they have to carry one

Mine have sentimental value. I hunted as a youth. Now hiking does the same thing. Assault rifles should be banned and you should have to undergo a background check to buy one. I feel sorry for the people who feel so insecure they have to carry one

You not only weirdly bumped a long outdated thread, but you didn't even really answer the question. Saying something should be 'banned', and then saying you should be able to get it with a background check is kind of contradictory - in my book, if something is banned, it's banned ... not actually accessible if you fill out a form properly.

I honestly don't know why you're doing this odd thread stalking exercise. It's a bit ... creepy, maybe?

Back