Fresh Stories driving me nuts

GoodBoy741

Really Experienced
Lately I've noticed something weird with the Fresh Stories box. When I submit a thread for my latest story, my story doesn't pop to the top of the box like it used to. Worse, it quickly sinks to the bottom of the list, then off it, even when nobody else has submitted any threads for any stories.

That's annoying.

It seems to always be on the front page whenever I look and has more views than any other story.

Fresh Stories Driving Me Nuts as Well

Fresh Stories drive me nuts, because I can never figure out what is fresh about the story.

Doesn't anyone know how to find a new entry within a story? I see today that Absolute Power was updated. That story has so many damn threads that its impossible to figure out what's new.

There must be some way to tell? Anyone????

New threads have a red circle on the story map although a vote also puts a story on the front page.

Advanced search>Show results as threads
will also show you the latest threads updated.

It seems to always be on the front page whenever I look and has more views than any other story.

That's because I'm specifically working to keep it there. It's a way to make sure that people notice a story and contribute to it.

Adding a new thread and voting for a story affect their freshness, but they're not the only factors. Sometimes a story pops to the front without either of those things happening. Like a lot of the other background mechanisms on Chyoo (like the order that threads are listed on the user page), the system isn't clear.

Fresh Stories drive me nuts, because I can never figure out what is fresh about the story.

Doesn't anyone know how to find a new entry within a story? I see today that Absolute Power was updated. That story has so many damn threads that its impossible to figure out what's new.

There must be some way to tell? Anyone????

Look in the CHYOO Tips and Tricks thread or go to the CHYOO Faq for the method to create a CSS for chyoo that makes new threads larger and bold. Makes it so much easier to see if a story was actually added to rather than voted on, you know?

Back