forensics link murdaugh to murders of wife and son

so after taking the stand in his own defense, lying his arse off over and over and attempting to play the jurors, he gets found guilty on all 4 counts: both murders and 2 possession of weapons charges. The jury took only 3 hours to reach its final conclusion.

one juror could have made those guilty verdicts unsustainable: she was removed from the jury after the judge found her to have spoken with at least 3 other people about the case, including her opinions on the evidence and how she'd find him not guilty and nothing would change her mind. It was a complaint from the public over her behaviour that prompted an investigation into her actions. So she can thank her own big mouth (dare i guess her own big republican, even maga, mouth?) for the reason murdaugh got convicted so quickly and thoroughly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...p&cvid=4bee82c7494943418ee1a14ebc1c2d20&ei=17

Only 99 more counts to be tried on. A roller coaster ride. I do hope they are done with preemptive TV coverage of it all, though.

Only 99 more counts to be tried on. A roller coaster ride. I do hope they are done with preemptive TV coverage of it all, though.
probably... it was the murder trial that got the most coverage

I want to see if they'll investigate the investigators that fluffed the case off early on.

no dog involved in death of housekeeper, and murdaugh asserted legal responsibility, suing himself and then pocketing a lot of the $4m+ awarded. such a scumbag

That lawsuit, filed in April 2022, has to do with claims that Murdaugh lied about certain details surrounding the death of his former housekeeper in 2018. Gloria Satterfield, 57, worked as the Murdaugh family housekeeper for over two decades. She allegedly died in what has been described as a “trip and fall accident” at the then-family hunting lodge, Moselle, on Feb. 26, 2018. After her passing, Murdaugh asserted legal responsibility and sued himself to obtain lucrative insurance proceeds for the dead woman’s family.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...1&cvid=cad371fb19f94b0a903047d6157dd1e9&ei=42

Updade: the sociopath is now taking shirtless selfies in prison, laughing like a maniac and proud as hell of his fame.

Update: the sociopath is now taking shirtless selfies in prison, laughing like a maniac and proud as hell of his fame.
but still incarcerated. also gets regular 'fan mail' from saddo women who 'love' him and no doubt from wannabe wife-killers who idolise him

and now he's got his sentence for the fraud

Alex Murdaugh sentenced to 27 years for fraud​

though he's currently serving life for the murder of his wife and son, a new trial is being sought by his lawyers for him.

The sentence for Murdaugh's financial crimes is a kind of insurance policy to prevent his release if his murder conviction is overturned. Under South Carolina law, Murdaugh will have to serve almost 23 years of the sentence, even if he is a model prisoner. He would be 76 before he could be released. Murdaugh had to give up his rights to appeal as part of the deal.

Just failed a lie detector test = violation of plea agreement.

:nana:

Back