February Sucks in LW

It's not about the story making sense or not. I'd venture there isn't a single story in the I/T category that makes sense by real-world standards. The difference comes from the reaction a story provokes. And, in the case of February Sucks, it causes readers to get so angry they feel the urge to "fix" the story.

I'd even think it's entirely possible that this is the number one reason for the various BTB stories in the LW category. People reading Cuckolding and Cheating stories, getting a hate-boner over them, and feeling the urge to tell people how a satisfying story should look like.
If you had added (In their opinion). Remember, nobody here speaks for the whole of the human race.
What is good for one person, not so much for the person standing beside them. I'm sure the story as it stood was satisfying for a lot of the readers who read it.
I am neither defending, promoting or condemning it. Merely that it a fictious well written story. Whether you enjoyed it or not.
The writing was of a high standard.
Cagivagurl

I can't imagine how insecure a man has to be, or how hateful towards women someone has to be to be so incensed by a make-believe husband who has a make-believe wife who cheats and decided to reconcile and continue his make-believe marriage that you have to write it the way it 'should be written.'

And beyond the cold male insecurity and irrational anger, I can't shake off the sheer hubris of people to think they, not the author, know better how the story should end.

I also think that many of these same people are from the school of if the husband cheated, then of course the wife should take him back because that's how it was for a long time and always should be. Reverse this story and have the husband cheat and wife takes him back and see if we have this "wahhhhhh, I don't like it, I need to fix this" situation.

I'll toss in how-as Blackrandi pointed out-many of these were written before the author gave permission and this is a crowd of all around winners.

These people have the story equivalent of TDS.

Sorry, but I feel like that's your usual bias talking. I know a shitload of people who get emotional over books or movies, regardless of its contents. I even had a girlfriend once who, after reading the sixth Harry Potter book, called me in actual tears over the old guy falling off the tower.

It has absolutely nothing to do with insecurities, hate, or self-fulfillment. It's about whether or not you're capable of empathizing with people telling you a story. This is why I would never tell you off for feeling disgusted at reading rape and abuse stories, despite them all being "make-believe".

Last edited:
If you had added (In their opinion). Remember, nobody here speaks for the whole of the human race.
What is good for one person, not so much for the person standing beside them. I'm sure the story as it stood was satisfying for a lot of the readers who read it.
I am neither defending, promoting or condemning it. Merely that it a fictious well written story. Whether you enjoyed it or not.
The writing was of a high standard.
Cagivagurl

Well, thank you for providing a killer argument that will literally shut down any and all arguments, because it boils down to never considering other people's opinions as they can never be representative for everyone.

Though, yeah, I have to agree: There were very few typos in the original February Sucks. I guess, on Lit, that's enough to make it "writing of a high standard".

Lost a sequel, LT56linebacker's "February Sucks - Jim's Had Enough" was pulled. Think it was the mention of Linda having sex with an underage girl.

Last edited:
There was yet another submission to expand the bloat of February Sucks garbage. I will admit though, that this story was actually riveting.

The best was this particular comment. I am both tickled and jealous. The ocd slays me.

EightyThousansEightyFive wrote:

"...Great writing with depth and drama, but lessened by being shackled to the Feb Sux OCD shit show"

I don't see this as being something worth getting upset about. The original was an engaging storyline about the horrific maltreatment of a spouse handed out in a shocking flash of duplicity, deception, infidelity and betrayal. The variations are a fascinating study of how many authors can approach a storyline. Whether that be to build, bend, fix or destroy the storyline. The unexpected and unexplainable momentum of February Sucks is wild to witness.

Last edited:
I don't see this as being something worth getting upset about. The original was an engaging storyline about the horrific maltreatment of a spouse handed out in a shocking flash of duplicity, deception, infidelity and betrayal. The variations are a fascinating study of how many authors can approach a storyline. Whether that be to build, bend, fix or destroy the storyline. The unexpected and unexplainable momentum of February Sucks is wild to witness.

It was at first. 3 years later and there are people who practically only rewrite this godforsaken theme.

I was never impressed with the first story. Yes, it evoked strong emotions and was controversial. I fully admit to calling horseshit when I read it originally. If an event like that happened in real life, it would be abberent imho. I'm not stating a married woman wouldn't cheat with a celebrity given the chance. Some would, some wouldn't. I do believe that without evidence of narcissistic behavior, a wife and mother willing to risk their normal life would attempt to cheat covertly. It's far more likely Linda would have taken Marc's number and met up privately. I realize that upsets the whole Marc loves married women bullshit but, that's largely lore created by further retelling. George never developed the wife or defined her character prior to the event. That is the major issue with the story. Everyone projects their image of Linda. I probably did too in my original comment.

Anyway, I absolutely believe the story, as told, was intentional. I have other suspicions as well but those will remain my own. I will admit to being on the fence concerning the veracity of the story presented as inspiration for February Sucks. Most of the time I believe it is entirely apocryphal.

I never dug that deep into it and naively enjoyed what was presented.

I just finished cockatoo's 93K word 4-part series and the additional 5th (Linda's Legacy)... pretty good writing. I've discovered some great authors out of this phenomena

I never dug that deep into it and naively enjoyed what was presented.

I just finished cockatoo's 93K word 4-part series and the additional 5th (Linda's Legacy)... pretty good writing. I've discovered some great authors out of this phenomena
The 4 part series was overwrought. Yesterday's submission was quite good. The ocd comment was quite apropos for the theme however. There is another one today, all be it by another writer. Honestly, it's pathetic

The 4 part series was overwrought. Yesterday's submission was quite good. The ocd comment was quite apropos for the theme however. There is another one today, all be it by another writer. Honestly, it's pathetic
Cockatoo's 4-part series read like visiting a relative that lives in the country and is starved for companionship... so too wordy at times and fires off on some unrelated tangents. I enjoyed it and was surprised at how engaging it was. That said, I didn't get as bored or rundown as I have with other authors, such as KT Morrison's Losing Her and Summer Swap series. (on Amazon)

Today's story was just a corrected version of one they originally posted a week ago. Not sure what changed with it.

Last edited:
So, if I got you right, this story is so lousy, and its sequels are so pathetic that you feel compelled to read it all?

:rolleyes:

So, if I got you right, this story is so lousy, and its sequels are so pathetic that you feel compelled to read it all?

:rolleyes:
One of the comments stated that the author was either a therapist or had been in therapy.
I wanted to see if it was true. I am not a marriage and family therapist but I did recognize some of the terminology from collaboration with a colleague. It's plausible. Shrugs

So this 'author' Cuckatoo is writing multi part sequels and extended stories based off the FS story?

I can't imagine having so little imagination that all I could write was something based on an actual writers' original ideas.

So this 'author' Cuckatoo is writing multi part sequels and extended stories based off the FS story?

I can't imagine having so little imagination that all I could write was something based on an actual writers' original ideas.
He’s written other stuff before on the site, five with a green E, so…

This place has long turned into a wasteland for scavengers. Everyone consumes others' material and then continuously regurgitates it.

Astonishing the amount of Bill Shakespeares in this thread commenting on how poorly written it was. On a sex story site. Not a Pulitzer collection website, mind you. A place where people go to read sex stories.

Astonishing the amount of Bill Shakespeares in this thread commenting on how poorly written it was. On a sex story site. Not a Pulitzer collection website, mind you. A place where people go to read sex stories.
Ad hominem. That's different.

Back