Effects on post partum depression and the lack of intimacy post baby on women committing affairs especially in work place.

sweetdreamssss

Really Experienced
I'm going to write a story based on a real life incident which shocked us .

Husband, 36, joined a startup post her pregnancy and working a lot .
Wife , 30, joined the workforce due to post covid job glut leaving her one year son with nanny .
He was taking too many late evening calls with clients so he was in a different room to sleep. She was alone managing the child . They hardly had sex or even talks outside daily affair due to kid and work pressure.

Recently husband found out that she was messaging a 22 yr old colleague who was her junior at work. That guy is equivalent of a hoodrat and would constantly flirt with every woman and had a reputation of bikes, gfs etc.

He was constantly messaging at how beautiful she looked , how his heart stops seeing her. The chats look so ridiculous but it somehow put her into the path of adultery without even realising.

According to her, it was mere chats and there wasn't even a sexual element in it .

According to husband, she went to a wedding 7 months ago with 3 men and another married woman which he didn't like but didn't object directly as she left her one yr old kid in her mom's house for 4 days.
Later he knew they also stayed at a resort for a day doing all water activities and dancing etc .this guy was one of the three men .

Husband accused wife of physical cheating but the wife refused to accept. She says nothing that sort happened. Now the 6 yr marriage is almost at breaking stage just because some immoral guy wanted to seduce a married woman and the woman just accepted her flirting because she was insecure about her body post delivery and her husband never saw her efforts to lose weight after gaining 25 pounds during delivery

Mine was a "what if" scenario if she did get seduced at that resort.

I want to know the people who got into emotional or physical affairs after your honeymoon period is over and specially the presence of a child ruining your time together and work pressure.

Please let me know because I don't want yet another "wimp husband loses his slut wife to a uncultured man because he has bigger dick" story.
I want to explore her feelings at that point where she unknowingly led herself into adultery.

Last edited:
The only times I've 'emotionally cheated', it has been with someone (other than my SO) who meant a lot to me. That is, it wasn't just lust (and nothing came of the so-called 'emotional cheating', for that matter). People cheat for a whole variety of reasons, but my own unfaithful thoughts have never been sexual in nature. They've always stemmed from a lack of emotional conviction in my relationship, or an overwhelming emotional connection with someone else.

You sound like you're on the right track in terms of treating the wife like a real character with emotions. Maybe your next step is to ask what sort of cheating she's engaging in? Is it filthy, rough sex? Or is it a romantic date with someone other than her husband? The type of cheating which she ends up engaging in is important, because you can work backwards from there to decide "why" she cheated.

The only times I've 'emotionally cheated', it has been with someone (other than my SO) who meant a lot to me. That is, it wasn't just lust (and nothing came of the so-called 'emotional cheating', for that matter). People cheat for a whole variety of reasons, but my own unfaithful thoughts have never been sexual in nature. They've always stemmed from a lack of emotional conviction in my relationship, or an overwhelming emotional connection with someone else.

You sound like you're on the right track in terms of treating the wife like a real character with emotions. Maybe your next step is to ask what sort of cheating she's engaging in? Is it filthy, rough sex? Or is it a romantic date with someone other than her husband? The type of cheating which she ends up engaging in is important, because you can work backwards from there to decide "why" she cheated.
The woman just indulged in chats where he expressed his crush on her, praised her beauty, would take photo of her when she came in a good dress and then edit and send it to her ..

Other than the fact they spent time at a resort with 3 others, there is nothing sexual about what they did ...

I feel like I need to respond to this with care, because the post is a real-life story, not fiction. PM me for my take on this

Last edited:
I feel like I need to respond to this with care, because the post is a real-life story, not fiction. PM me for my take on this
But who would know or care if it's true? Aside from the issue that Lit doesn't allow self-proclaimed "true stories".

It's not clear to me why this has been posted here in the AH. Seems more appropriate in Story Ideas.

I'm going to write a story based on a real life incident which shocked us .

Husband, 36, joined a startup post her pregnancy and working a lot .
Wife , 30, joined the workforce due to post covid job glut leaving her one year son with nanny .
He was taking too many late evening calls with clients so he was in a different room to sleep. She was alone managing the child . They hardly had sex or even talks outside daily affair due to kid and work pressure.

Recently husband found out that she was messaging a 22 yr old colleague who was her junior at work. That guy is equivalent of a hoodrat and would constantly flirt with every woman and had a reputation of bikes, gfs etc.

He was constantly messaging at how beautiful she looked , how his heart stops seeing her. The chats look so ridiculous but it somehow put her into the path of adultery without even realising.

According to her, it was mere chats and there wasn't even a sexual element in it .

According to husband, she went to a wedding 7 months ago with 3 men and another married woman which he didn't like but didn't object directly as she left her one yr old kid in her mom's house for 4 days.
Later he knew they also stayed at a resort for a day doing all water activities and dancing etc .this guy was one of the three men .

Husband accused wife of physical cheating but the wife refused to accept. She says nothing that sort happened. Now the 6 yr marriage is almost at breaking stage just because some immoral guy wanted to seduce a married woman and the woman just accepted her flirting because she was insecure about her body post delivery and her husband never saw her efforts to lose weight after gaining 25 pounds during delivery

Mine was a "what if" scenario if she did get seduced at that resort.

I want to know the people who got into emotional or physical affairs after your honeymoon period is over and specially the presence of a child ruining your time together and work pressure.

Please let me know because I don't want yet another "wimp husband loses his slut wife to a uncultured man because he has bigger dick" story.
I want to explore her feelings at that point where she unknowingly led herself into adultery.
Personally, I suggest you just tell the story the way you see it in your head.
Forget what anybody else thinks. All that achieves is dilluting your story.
In my opinion, steer clear of selling it as a real event. Let your mind soink into the scenario you've created.
Develop some luscious dialogue as the drama unfolds. There's plenty of stories on the web to garner inspiration.
Tell your story..,.,,. That's the important take away...
Don't let us guide you into telling our story.
Be brave, tackle it head on and enjoy the process, it could be fun.

Cagivagurl.

Personally, I suggest you just tell the story the way you see it in your head.
Forget what anybody else thinks. All that achieves is dilluting your story.
In my opinion, steer clear of selling it as a real event. Let your mind soink into the scenario you've created.
Develop some luscious dialogue as the drama unfolds. There's plenty of stories on the web to garner inspiration.
Tell your story..,.,,. That's the important take away...
Don't let us guide you into telling our story.
Be brave, tackle it head on and enjoy the process, it could be fun.

Cagivagurl.
My husband recently admitted that he was chatting a colleague he met during a training session for around 2 months, there were max 10 session and they were mostly friendly but when he got a sense that it might devolve into something else he stopped. He allowed me to see all the chats

I said he didn't do anything wrong, he was just human but it made me think a lot . Did i push him away as I joined a new company where I had to go 3 days to office and i keep working late evening too .. where did I miss out ?

And then I heard this story and I want to get more insights on why and how married couple get into the web of cheating just because they found another person who was ready to talk to them ..

Sounds like interesting plot for a story. I hope you'll write it better than the original post though. :p

This title sounds like it could be a sociology thesis after several rounds of “you need to narrow it down”.
Well lit india is constantly criticized for the " wimp rich husband has a slut wife who gets taken by an uncultured man " trope too much..

So I want to give a better story of how supposedly happy couples end up cheating

But who would know or care if it's true? Aside from the issue that Lit doesn't allow self-proclaimed "true stories".
To fully flesh out EBs point, you are not allowed to post-
"Works professed to be true about real people in the title, tags, and/or description. You can use “true” within the body of a story as part of your fictional storytelling. This policy is to protect authors as well as third parties."

To fully flesh out EBs point, you are not allowed to post-
"Works professed to be true about real people in the title, tags, and/or description. You can use “true” within the body of a story as part of your fictional storytelling. This policy is to protect authors as well as third parties."
Dint worry, names, place character are everything are changed that they can't say it's true because noone actually knows the truth..

You could tell the story based on what you do know. Partly because I think (based on no real data, just personal prejudice) that the mother cheating soon after childbirth is unusual. And partly because most of the answers you're likely to get are going to be from another cultural point of view. And partly because every marriage is different.

I don't think you need to hear from people who've been through a similar situation, for them to tell you what they thought and felt. I think you could use your imagination and come up with some thoughts and feelings for the characters in your story which make sense in your story.

You don't need for the characters' thoughts and feelings to be exactly the same as the real-life situation you know about, or to be the same as anyone else in real life, or to be "realistic" in the sense that you know of real people who really thought and felt the way your characters do in the story.

The story doesn't have to be a perfect copy of a real-life experience in order to be a good, compelling story with realistic, believable motivations and feelings. If you can make the story make sense by using your own imagination, then maybe that process will help you figure out the things you're wondering about in your own marriage.

'Mother feels unsupported and unappreciated by the father who is focused on his work; responds to man at her work who appears interested in her' is a common trope. We'll assume the child is a year or more old so she's physically recovered and is getting enough sleep to be able to think of some other things!

Going for 'a bit of rough' who is very unlike her husband would also be reasonably common in many countries' stories, especially if in general she likes the husband and recognises he's tired and all too. She could be tired and exhausted at work, cry, get comforted by the nice young man...

'Mother feels unsupported and unappreciated by the father who is focused on his work; responds to man at her work who appears interested in her' is a common trope. We'll assume the child is a year or more old so she's physically recovered and is getting enough sleep to be able to think of some other things!

Going for 'a bit of rough' who is very unlike her husband would also be reasonably common in many countries' stories, especially if in general she likes the husband and recognises he's tired and all too. She could be tired and exhausted at work, cry, get comforted by the nice young man...
common trope for stories or in real life? because the trope in lit especially India is that "my hubby is too weak and vanilla and i have an inner slut which got awakened by a rough guy"

common trope for stories or in real life? because the trope in lit especially India is that "my hubby is too weak and vanilla and i have an inner slut which got awakened by a rough guy"
Both, I think. Your version isn't one that is admitted to in public here, though who knows what a woman is actually thinking when she says "my husband only cares about his work and isn't interested in me any more."?

When we say "trope," we're talking about stories. But the reason tropes work in stories is because people relate them to things they already believe about real life.

Sometimes it does work the other way - a story element doesn't start out as a trope, but it becomes a trope after lots of people read it, believe it, and other authors then re-use it.

But people still mean "stories" when they're talking about tropes.

Back