Editor

MagicBob

Virgin
In selecting a volunteer editor and sending an email, and checking the button to receive a copy of the email, no copy was received. I have tried several editors, and don't believe they are receiving my email request for an editor either. Any ideas?

I spent october and november in search of an editor. Checked the button and received a copy allright, but without any line shifts (= the text block of Death). I sent to a new editor each week, giving them time to answer. Didn't get any untill editor number six or seven. I chose from the chonological list, so the ones I wrote, had changed their profile within the last 4-5 months. Perhaps only one got my mail, perhaps willing editors are just hard to find. I'd gladly do the job if English was my first language, but I don't find danish to be a suitable language on this platform ...
I need an editor too ;-)

I'd gladly do the job if English was my first language
I bet that a lot of people think the same, but then they discover otherwise.

I'm a professional editor. Line editing, copyediting, proofreading. Business text, almost exclusively. Sounds pretty easy, right? Well, after 25 years of doing this, I can tell you that it takes me an hour to edit 1000 words. Doing this for 8 hours a day leaves me staring slack-jawed at the telly like a zombie.

If you find an editor, that's wonderful. Be grateful. Cherish them.

But if no-one's replying, just bear in mind that a lot of requests are like doing multiple days' intensive labour for free. Don't get angry: whoever isn't replying is probably completely burned out, and might not even realise why.

Start your own thread in here, and:
  • give a very brief summary of the story
  • state category / genre / kinks, e.g., if it's a story about lesbian twin sisters drinking each other's pee, that will warn away some editors and seduce others
  • mention the approximate length (word count)
  • explain what kind of editing you're actually wanting: grammar check? beta reading? story advice?
Maybe you'll catch the interest of a passing volunteer, or maybe not, but worth trying.

I spent october and november in search of an editor. Checked the button and received a copy allright, but without any line shifts (= the text block of Death). I sent to a new editor each week, giving them time to answer. Didn't get any untill editor number six or seven. I chose from the chonological list, so the ones I wrote, had changed their profile within the last 4-5 months. Perhaps only one got my mail, perhaps willing editors are just hard to find. I'd gladly do the job if English was my first language, but I don't find danish to be a suitable language on this platform ...
I need an editor too ;-)
Thank you, I appreciate the response...

I need an editor too ;-)
Thank you for responding...

I bet that a lot of people think the same, but then they discover otherwise.

I'm a professional editor. Line editing, copyediting, proofreading. Business text, almost exclusively. Sounds pretty easy, right? Well, after 25 years of doing this, I can tell you that it takes me an hour to edit 1000 words. Doing this for 8 hours a day leaves me staring slack-jawed at the telly like a zombie.

If you find an editor, that's wonderful. Be grateful. Cherish them.

But if no-one's replying, just bear in mind that a lot of requests are like doing multiple days' intensive labour for free. Don't get angry: whoever isn't replying is probably completely burned out, and might not even realise why.
Thank you for responding. It seems to me I should have at least received a copy of the email I sent... Either I am doing something wrong, or the program has a bug...

Start your own thread in here, and:
  • give a very brief summary of the story
  • state category / genre / kinks, e.g., if it's a story about lesbian twin sisters drinking each other's pee, that will warn away some editors and seduce others
  • mention the approximate length (word count)
  • explain what kind of editing you're actually wanting: grammar check? beta reading? story advice?
Maybe you'll catch the interest of a passing volunteer, or maybe not, but worth trying.
Thank you, I will give that a try.

I have sent many requests to the lit volunteer editors. I've got some replies, but very few.

Back