Dom/Sub Contract Processing Cost

@AnnieLit I never called them a crook. The farthest I would go is to say that based on the few details we know, their business practices are ones that a crook would also use. With that in mind, the nonexistent business, and no apparent way for OP to protect himself, the question becomes not can he be certain this is a scam, but is there any reason for him to think it's not. I cannot come up with one, and that - to me - makes it an unwise investment.

I just had a wonderful interaction with a professional Dom that was considering accepting me as a Sub. However, the contract processing cost was $785.00 Does this sound reasonable and appropriate? Obviously, I have no experience in this area which is why I'm asking here.
lots of advice and points to consider from others that have mentioned here, so maybe just to chime in with some things you might want to do if you are indeed hellbent on engaging in service with that Domme. Just some thoughts:
You should receive a copy of the contract before you pay. That is a lot of money for a contract you dont even know the terms of
Review the contract fully and carefully (and theres a good chance that sort of contract may not even be legally enforceable)
Consider what services that money is paying for, the duration of the services, what recourse do you have if you are unhappy with the services or the services are not rendered
Any possibility of asking for references? Some people are happy to provide references when participating in Vetting

I just had a wonderful interaction with a professional Dom that was considering accepting me as a Sub. However, the contract processing cost was $785.00 Does this sound reasonable and appropriate? Obviously, I have no experience in this area which is why I'm asking here.
Obviously, such a contract is not legally binding in any way, shape or form what so ever. It has zero value in any court, you're only as bound by it as you decide to be. So that's fine.

So essentially, this is prostitution: You are paying a sex worker 785$ for something - potentially for nothing, if it's a scam. If you want what's being sold here, all you need to do is agree to pay the cost after services rendered.

And as far as I can see, that's all that needs to be said about it.

That's what professionals do - charge for their services. Will it be worth it? Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody but you can know what your expectations of this online service are and what exactly was promised. Is there a risk that you'll pay and never hear from this person again? Yes. Is it worth $785 to find that out? You are the only one who can answer this question.
This.

If this OP is serious, then at least one person thinks the offer is reasonable enough to discuss here, rather than just leave on the table.

What is the threat?

It must be the same type of extorsion that goes on at the shops I visit. They threaten that I can’t leave with stuff unless I pay for it.
Bloody blackmailers, I tell you!

We have drafted many contracts for our online subs, slaves and sissies to sign as a symbolic gesture showing their devotion to us, and of course all sides are completely aware that this could never be made legally binding in reality, and for this service we have never, ever charged a single penny.

However, the function of the document is to add greater authenticity to the Dom/sub dynamic of our relationship and to allow the feeling of ownership to be experienced, which we enhance by requesting the submissive signs the contract after printing it out on high quality paper, seals it with wax (those ITK will be able to imagine the ritual we require) then photographs the contract and sends us pictorial proof that they have followed our instructions.

These contracts are obviously binding in honour only, but are a wonderful addition to the intensity of a power exchange relationship.

And for those seeking to explore FinDom, may we suggest a donation to a local animal charity as compensation for the time and effort spent on drawing up their entirely bespoke contract?

I've personally never heard of a contract being enforceable by law. It does have its appeal for being dominated and can lay out what your limits may be. I've also never heard of a charge that high for a contract alone. I would ask what I am getting for that price. Know what you are looking for, what you are willing to pay, if the person is someone you trust, and if you even want to pay (Discreet, professional, no relationship...)

This one comes up extremely high on the "Sounds Like Bullshit" scale for me, and just a way to rip you off for money. I highly recommend you not only do not pay it, but block this person and delete then from from your contact list. I've never even heard of a Dominant, even a so-called "Professional" one, charging someone for "processing" their relationship contract. At most, they might charge for domination services rendered, but not for the processing of the contract to provide such services.

If you were paying a contractor to repair your roof, would you pay for them to process the contract to do the repair? IMO, this is either a devious and deceptive way of practicing FinDom (Financial Domination) or just a pure ripoff. Either way, stay away.

I think the first thing you really have to do is take a big step back from the fantasy of this and have, shall we say, an out-of-character discussion. Make sure you are on the same page for how this will move forward and future charges, just like you would any service provider. If, after that clear minded discussion you think the costs are worth it, then I don’t see a problem with this.
Just don’t discuss it when you are turned on.

Can you at least decide if that's a man or a woman? You first used Dom, then the person became a Domme.

But either way, if that's a professional that you are hiring, it means that yes, there will be fees. That's what professionals do - charge for their services. Will it be worth it? Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody but you can know what your expectations of this online service are and what exactly was promised. Is there a risk that you'll pay and never hear from this person again? Yes. Is it worth $785 to find that out? You are the only one who can answer this question.

How about that: you already had a "wonderful conversation", right? I am assuming it was free. If you were to be asked to pay for it, would you have paid $785 for the time the person spent talking to you? Quality sex work is expensive and intelligent sex work is even more so. You enjoyed that conversation, for the other side it was work. Usually people don't work for free.
100% on board with this

Think of it this way. A self-proclaimed Lit dom tells you how much he loves women and cares for them and says that for you to qualify for being his sub you need to pay him $785. 🙄

Any Dom would not only pay the contract cost, but also for you to hire a lawyer to review. $785 is cheap, if it was legit. Also these types of "contracts" actually terms and conditions, are not legally valid. Just a means to make you feel like you are contractually obligated.

Back