desantis bans degrees in CRT and DEI in florida's public colleges

This poorly-worded babble is exactly what a gaslighter would say.

You're bad at this, CarbonArpy. 🤣

When Harpy gets pressed their brain stutters / spazzes.

Simultaneously sad and funny.

Mostly funny.

🤣

🇺🇸

No one is forcing you to either defend racists or oppose them. If you don’t care you can always just walk away.

Where did I say I didn't care about defending someone?

You continue to just make up stuff for no reason I can see other than that you think pronouncements of this type will give you "the win" you're seeking.

As for force, this post of yours is just another attempt to force me to speak. It frames the issue as being that I must either defend or oppose racism rather than the fact that I can choose not to speak in either defense or opposition of ANYTHING, because freedom of speech also includes the choice not to speak.

Last edited:
So...you believe racism is justified. And a "right". Well....people like you make me afraid....they threaten me...so I have the right to protect myself...right? Your rules....not mine. Just getting clarification

You start with a lie, use lies to support that position, and then end with yet another lie. All so you can internally rationalize your hatred and then spew veiled threats of violence.

I don't believe racism is "justified" I understand that people harbor beliefs which are rooted in our biology which leads them to distrust others who aren't familiar or similar to themselves. I don't believe "racism is a right," I believe that people have the right to free speech even when the subject of that speech is something I disagree with.

I don't threaten anyone. I don't need to since I'm not a keyboard warrior.

As for you being "afraid," there are people who can help you with that. They're waiting for you to call them and hoping that you'll do it before it's too late.

And finally, you don't have the right to protect yourself in the way you imply. The right to self protection only arises when your "fears" are sufficient to incite the fears of a reasonable person. No reasonable person would believe that the shadows in your mind are sufficient to give rise to you needing to "protect" yourself because of some words posted on the internet.

Where did I say I didn't care about defending someone?

You continue to just make up stuff for no reason I can see other than that you think pronouncements of this type will give you "the win" you're seeking.

As for force, this post of yours is just another attempt to force me to speak. It frames the issue as being that I must either defend or oppose racism rather than the fact that I can choose not to speak in either defense or opposition of ANYTHING, because freedom of speech also includes the choice not to speak.
I get this right here!
Y’all dummies just don’t understand the greatness in the thinking expressed here right before you! All through American history we’ve interpreted the basis of our ideology on courage incorrectly.
MLK saying it’s our obligation to stand up to injustice? Wrong!
Neutrality helps the oppressor, Elie Wiesel? Being naturalized doesn’t mean you’re an actual American, Elie!
Anyone speaking against a tyrannical government? Mistaken!
Profiles in real courage is interpreted correctly here by HisArpy!

I (maybe, maybe not) Disapprove of What You Say (can we ever be certain if it’s objectionable?), But I Will Defend (Ooops, gotta go. A new ‘Succession’ just dropped) to the Death (that’s way too final) Your Right (so help me, if I damage this manicure!) to Say It (meh).​

“I can choose not to speak in either defense or opposition of ANYTHING, because freedom of speech also includes the choice not to speak.”

I honestly can’t love this enough! HisArpy, and I say this with zero snark or sarcasm, you’re missing your calling. Trump is in need (isn’t he always?) of another lawyer to help defend him who has a mindset just as yours. Call him. Drop your card at Bedminster. You go! Find your village!
Ok, that last comment was snark.
I apologize.

Looks like Texas is about to become the latest state to squash DEI nonsense at public colleges and universities. A new bill passed by the state legislature says an institution of higher education may not “compel” or “solicit” any student, employee or applicant to “endorse an ideology that promotes the differential treatment of an individual or group of individuals based on race, color, or ethnicity.” Nor may they require anyone to state their views on such issues as “antiracism, social justice, intersec-tionality, or related concepts.” The law places no restrictions on the ability of students, faculty or candidates to speak openly about their views on those topics.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollyb...-at-public-colleges-possibly-joining-florida/

not content to 'ban CRT' from your kids' schools (where it wasn't taught as a subject anyway) and continuing his war against anything DEI, the cunt's now signed into law prohibitions on public colleges that offer such educational degrees. He, right up there with trump, wants people to remain blissfully ignorant so they'll vote for him as he seeks a presidency sometime in the future. The ignorant are his base.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/d...&cvid=ede97d140ccc4322c7e26d597afdfb66&ei=213
How is that even legal? I can see maybe withholding government funds because derp, but how is it legal to dictate what universities can and can’t do?

How is that even legal? I can see maybe withholding government funds because derp, but how is it legal to dictate what universities can and can’t do?
Yes, shocking as it may sound, state legislatures and governors can set policies that apply to state colleges.

Worthless degrees leading to jobless futures. Sometimes people have to be saved from the folly of their whims.

Yes, shocking as it may sound, state legislatures and governors can set policies that apply to state colleges.
I suppose, though desantis is clearly full of shit since he is discriminating and suppressing free thought.

• DeSantis proposed many of the bills' provisions in February, claiming that such teachings "suppress free thought" and are "discriminatory."

Didn't that ship sail when the state founded the University(ies)?

If it's a public university, shouldn't the public decide what's taught?

Much ahoo about nothing.
So the public should decide and not the government? Which one is deesanta?

You shame the Founding Fathers.
And you make me question the existence of intelligent life.

As JS said, "Much ado over nothing."

I'm certain that there plenty of private institutions teaching that nonsense, and of course probably more that a few out of state public institutions. Government backed student loans are easy enough to come by and you just can't 'invest' enough in your future, right?

So the public should decide and not the government? Which one is deesanta?
I'm not resident in Florida, but I think he and the legislature were elected by those that are, to represent their interests.

And you make me question the existence of intelligent life.

As JS said, "Much ado over nothing."

I'm certain that there plenty of private institutions teaching that nonsense, and of course probably more that a few out of state public institutions. Government backed student loans are easy enough to come by and you just can't 'invest' enough in your future, right?
Johnny made his statement after your dumb statement.
If your belief in the existence of intelligent life hinges on your estimation of DA's intelligence, you realize what that implies for how you think of your own intelligence, yes?
I am the creator and the end user. I am omnipotent.

I'm not resident in Florida, but I think he and the legislature were elected by those that are, to represent their interests.
So the public has to go through the government to force the university to change curriculum.....got it 👍

It's really good that the right is big government now. 👍

So the public has to go through the government to force the university to change curriculum.....got it 👍

It's really good that the right is big government now. 👍
Yup, that's how it works. And that's not 'big government.' Those schools get a great deal of money from the state, the state has a say in how it's spent.

On this issue the whiners have my sympathy. They can find it in the dictionary between 'shit' and 'syphilis.'

Yup, that's how it works. And that's not 'big government.' Those schools get a great deal of money from the state, the state has a say in how it's spent.

On this issue the whiners have my sympathy. They can find it in the dictionary between 'shit' and 'syphilis.'
Of course it is. You're using government to emact your position on everyone.

You can change the curriculum at public schools without using the government. You attend school board meetings and present your position to the faculty.

I'm not whining, I'm simply pointing out that the right is now using government to force it's position on everyone else. It's good that you support that.

Back