Could there be, and should there be a "virtual" Eroticon?

BobbyBrandt

Virgin Wannabe
As I prepare to attend another writers conference (Atlanta Writers Conference, 11/3-11/4) I came to realize that more and more of these writer events are offering options for "virtual" participation.

This got me thinking about Literotica's sponsorship of past Eroticon events and pondering the feasibility of adding a virtual participation option to the next similar event.

Would you be interested in virtual participation in a writers conference dedicated to erotica?

How would this work?
At the writer conferences where I've seen virtual participation offered, you would register for sessions and events much like on-site participants, and the organizers provide a Zoom, Skype, MS Teams, or similar application that provides for the interaction. (You could check out the site for the Atlanta Writers Conference later this week for better examples of what is offered virtually)

Where reviews of pitches, queries, and manuscripts by agents or acquisition editors are concerned, virtual participants typically need to email these to the organizer in advance.

I haven't seen anything about Eroticon's plans for 2024 but maybe Laurel and Manu would see some benefit to promoting virtual participation if they have any intention of being a sponsor for the event again next year.

At the writer conferences where I've seen virtual participation offered, you would register for sessions and events much like on-site participants, and the organizers provide a Zoom, Skype, MS Teams, or similar application that provides for the interaction. (You could check out the site for the Atlanta Writers Conference later this week for better examples of what is offered virtually)

Where reviews of pitches, queries, and manuscripts by agents or acquisition editors are concerned, virtual participants typically need to email these to the organizer in advance.

I haven't seen anything about Eroticon's plans for 2024 but maybe Laurel and Manu would see some benefit to promoting virtual participation if they have any intention of being a sponsor for the event again next year.
I don't know if that will work here because people want to preserve their anonymity. I'm not going to participate in a Literotica Zoom session, for instance. I'm not sure I'd want to participate in an audio-only session, either.

I don't know if that will work here because people want to preserve their anonymity. I'm not going to participate in a Literotica Zoom session, for instance. I'm not sure I'd want to participate in an audio-only session, either.
Believe me, I can see anonymity being an issue for some. But, Eroticon draws people on-site for their event so I don't want to dismiss the likelihood that they could attract people virtually as well.

I'm picturing some kind of interactive space where authors could, you know, hang out.
Networking among other authors is always good at the on-site events and shouldn't be discounted for the value it can bring. However, getting face time with agents and editors who deal with the publishing of erotic stories would be the biggest benefit in my opinion. Throw in a few workshops and Q&A panel sessions and it could be a real boon for many here.

Back