Could do better

Hey that's me 😅
She's not mad Jackie, just disappointed.

Trigger warning

Also, when are you gonna commit to an avatar? It's the viola all over again, isn't it? *Heavy sigh* You could've been so good...

😜
Edit to answer the question - I still suffer from a bit of perfectionism so I try my very best to not read my stories after I publish. But then someone will write a comment about something they read in my story, and so I must reread that part.
You pour yourself into something, how do you not want to hear the splash when you finally manifest it enough to actually touch earth? Asking for a moi.
9/10 that's when I find something I wished I wrote a different way.
9/10? Wait til true madness sets in. It requires at least the minutia of a 1/100 scale, weighted very much against you. 🤣

Last edited:
I've always discovered little mistakes, poorly written sentences, or not quite what I had in mind after the fact. I've fixed a few and rewritten wholesale stories, but mostly, leave them alone and move on to the next not-perfect story.

Does it make me a terrible narcissist to say that I like reading my old stories. I often have the opposite experience. Oh, this is better than I thought it was. Of course, especially my early work, is technically very immature and also basically just stroke stories. But even there I find some positive things, glimmer of ideas to come.

I do hate finding errors though.

Em
I just rediscovered an unfinished sf story I last worked on probably 15 years ago or thereabouts, and was like, this is great! Now I'm thinking about how I could turn it into smut and give it an ending.

I just rediscovered an unfinished sf story I last worked on probably 15 years ago or thereabouts, and was like, this is great! Now I'm thinking about how I could turn it into smut and give it an ending.
"See, what yer gonna want is our deluxe P-n-V upgrade package. We do a full chassis lube, multiple dipstick checks, all interior rub down, the works. And for you. I'll throw in our Sex Panther rearview air freshener, no extra charge."

CadillacMan2.jpg

I'm usually quite pleased with previous works. But then, I've only been writing for about 18 months, so that might change later.

Professionally, when I see one of my texts even years later, I'm mostly impressed with how good it is.

"See, what yer gonna want is our deluxe P-n-V upgrade package. We do a full chassis lube, multiple dipstick checks, all interior rub down, the works. And for you. I'll throw in our Sex Panther rearview air freshener, no extra charge."

View attachment 2292056

Sex Panther by Odeon. It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.

I feel like that on some stories. The too late, "Crap, I could have" or just done better in general.

But a lot of my stories I'm happy with and feel I did them justice

There's also a few I think I rocked the shit out of.

Does it make me a terrible narcissist to say that I like reading my old stories. I often have the opposite experience. Oh, this is better than I thought it was. Of course, especially my early work, is technically very immature and also basically just stroke stories. But even there I find some positive things, glimmer of ideas to come.

I do hate finding errors though.

Em
I reread my stories too and no— I’m not trying to get the views up. I’m usually pleasantly surprised at how they hold up.
I’ve only edited one story ‘cause it unexpectedly became the first in a fairly popular series… had to make it consistent.

I reread my stories too and no— I’m not trying to get the views up. I’m usually pleasantly surprised at how they hold up.
I’ve only edited one story ‘cause it unexpectedly became the first in a fairly popular series… had to make it consistent.
I just did that after a comment on a story from a year ago. Re-reading after putting the distance between lets you look at it as a reader rather than the author. I see new things. I often find myself thinking how well it managed to hang together given the chaos going on during the writing process. Like a swan, all serene above the water but paddling like hell underneath.

Back