Comments not showing on story

Update: My comment I wrote yesterday just showed up 1 hour ago. But the second link still only shows the very first comment of the story.

And there is a difference between Newest First and Oldest First. Oldest shows 7 comments whereas Newest shows 8.

Same for favorites

It looks like a similar effect applies also to the count of how many times a story has been favorited vs the list of users that have favorited the story shown on the page of the story.
For example a today's story is listed on 'My authors activity' with a number of people who favorited it, but none showing below the story. In contrast, a week old story shows it has been favorited three times, but only two users in the story page's list who did so - probably one just very recently.

Comments Not Showing

I commented on a work of art at about 2:00 am this morning, and it still isn't showing. Not sure what's going on with the comments, ratings or favorites.

New update is a mess ...sorry to say...

After the latest updates between March and April I have completely lost confidence in the site... comments are not showing, counters seem very slow...I am not going to post anything until I recover trust in the site.

Scoring is not working...IMHO

There seem to be a number of issues with new postings. At first my story fell off of the "New Stories" listing. It's since been relisted after a few days. Now, my story score is not changing at all. It has remained at a 4.36 even though I continuously receive story and author favorites. The story has received over 60 hearts. How can the score be so low?

Also, initially, the comments didn't show up on the new version, but some were posted on the original site page. Now, I've received more private messages than I have story comments. I'm finding it difficult to believe that more people are sending pm's than posting comments.

Has anyone had similar issues? Have you heard any feedback or corrective actions that are being taken to investigate or resolve such issues?

There seem to be a number of issues with new postings. At first my story fell off of the "New Stories" listing. It's since been relisted after a few days. Now, my story score is not changing at all. It has remained at a 4.36 even though I continuously receive story and author favorites. The story has received over 60 hearts. How can the score be so low?

Also, initially, the comments didn't show up on the new version, but some were posted on the original site page. Now, I've received more private messages than I have story comments. I'm finding it difficult to believe that more people are sending pm's than posting comments.

Has anyone had similar issues? Have you heard any feedback or corrective actions that are being taken to investigate or resolve such issues?

Scores don't relate to heart and favs. A lot of readers consider 4 the highest vote unless the story is exceptional. Only then will they give a 5*. It's always annoyed me because they are downvoting the story without realizing it.

Another Issue

Has anyone identified an issue with their story not showing up when you use the "Search Story" option?

I've had a number of questions and issues with votes, comments, etc.. When I typed the title into the search option, my story doesn't show up at all in the listing. There appear to be a number of issues identified and unidentified. I hope they can resolve them very soon.

I agree. It doesn't make sense to post any new material at present.

We'd been seeing similar issues for nearly a month. We'd initially attributed it to spam entries, but seeing this thread makes it clear that comments aren't making it onto the stories.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon and the comments aren't lost.
-MM

I commented on an art submission, but it never showed up. So, I commented again, and it showed up -- then it disappeared. Obviously there's a problem with comments.

I commented on an art submission, but it never showed up. So, I commented again, and it showed up -- then it disappeared. Obviously there's a problem with comments.
It is possible the artist deleted your comment, but if it was appreciative that's unlikely. Comments about art work are rare.

It was a positive comment. I know they don't get many comments, so I like to tell an artist when I enjoy their work. I notice he also suggests that his scores and comments seem to be disappearing. I'm sure it has to do with the new roll out. But it's still frustrating that we don't know if we're seeing the correct scores, comments and favorites.

I wonder if a strange phenomenon on my story list on my control panel may be related to the issues described here.

I had the unfortunate luck to start submitting my first story in the middle of this software BETA mess.

At first the story's chapters were very well received with a good number of 5 stars over the first day they were up, and the stories remained at 4.5 or above for all chapters. One chapter even started with something like 13 5-star votes in a row.

Then suddenly, in one day, about 3-4 weeks ago, all the stories fell drastically to a lower 4.2 or so level, as if someone had swept through and voted a bunch of 1 star rankings. I thought that some troll had severely down-ranked me, but now I wonder if it was this software ranking and vote deletion issue.

The story chapters' rankings have slowly been creeping back up, but it seems like those early 5-star votes must have been deleted, because none of the story's chapters have risen up to "hot" again since the blanket wipe-out.

I though I would mention this, as the whole experience kind of demoralized me, as my reception had been so positive up until that one day.

I though I would mention this, as the whole experience kind of demoralized me, as my reception had been so positive up until that one day.
I know it's hard when your first story goes south, but I think every writer goes through the ups and downs of the scores until they learn not to care so much (which is a lie, we still care).

My advice, always, is to move through your first ten stories or chapters as fast as you can, because that's when you're getting the basic technical stuff right. Then you write another ten stories or so and discover your style. At that point, a year or two down the track, that's when you start writing for real.

Keep writing, grasshopper :).

I had a new story go up on Friday and comments were showing up an hour after they were posted. It may have been fixed as far as new stories go.

It's still happening for slightly older stories, though - the author portal says that my story from a few weeks ago (Lost Worlds Ch. 4) has two comments, but when I click through to the story itself the comments don't show up.

Definitely appears to be a new/old problem.

Attachments

• Oldest first.jpg
    Oldest first.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1
  • no comment new first.jpg
    no comment new first.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1
Some people have said that for them it depends on the order, but for me the comments don't show up regardless of whether I'm displaying the newest or oldest first.

The link to comments from the activities page doesn't show the new comments.
https://www.literotica.com/my/#/activity/all

However, if you click on the link to review/delete comments on your stories, you will see the new comments there. So they aren't lost, but they aren't appearing under the story link or summary of comments viewable to the general viewer.

Hopefully they will get it resolved.
-MM

So two new comments on "Homeless" were posted yesterday. When you organize by oldest first, the 54 comments show. When you organize by newest first, they disappear. and the comment count drops to 52.

So, now are the comments to stories broken altogether? Earlier today I tried posting a comment to a ten year-old story, and while I could type in the comment, nothing happened when I clicked on the 'Make New Comment' link below. Didn't their used to be a 'Preview' and a 'Post Comment' button? I'm beginning to forget how things used to be before this whole BETA fiasco destroyed authors' ratings and comments.

So, now are the comments to stories broken altogether? Earlier today I tried posting a comment to a ten year-old story, and while I could type in the comment, nothing happened when I clicked on the 'Make New Comment' link below. Didn't their used to be a 'Preview' and a 'Post Comment' button? I'm beginning to forget how things used to be before this whole BETA fiasco destroyed authors' ratings and comments.

That's because you don't press the new comment link to post. Under the comment box, your user name shows to the right. You press that or you can change it to anonymous to post. Click that instead! Warning: the author may have disabled anon user comments and you can only post with your user name.

The comment section was broken months ago when the site decided to take away the instant posting of comments in favour of a claimed moderation. Comments now take hours or even days to show. It's killed the conversations that used to take place in the comment section. My average per story comment numbers has dropped a lot these days.

Thank you!

That's because you don't press the new comment link to post. Under the comment box, your user name shows to the right. You press that or you can change it to anonymous to post. Click that instead! Warning: the author may have disabled anon user comments and you can only post with your user name.

The comment section was broken months ago when the site decided to take away the instant posting of comments in favour of a claimed moderation. Comments now take hours or even days to show. It's killed the conversations that used to take place in the comment section. My average per story comment numbers has dropped a lot these days.

Thanks for explaining that for me, Gordo12. Now, at least the site accepted my comment to be moderated. (Hopefully, it will eventually show up.) As far as UIs go, that dual-purpose button is kind of confusing. I don't recall it being quite that way before, but the way things keep shifting around, my own memory is taking a hit.

Thanks for explaining that for me, Gordo12. Now, at least the site accepted my comment to be moderated. (Hopefully, it will eventually show up.) As far as UIs go, that dual-purpose button is kind of confusing. I don't recall it being quite that way before, but the way things keep shifting around, my own memory is taking a hit.

Nothing wrong with your memory. The box used to be bigger, it did have a preview feature (taken away) and it posted instantly. You could have conversations. Now...nada!

Back