Clarification question on restricted content type: Bestiality

hetellsastory

Nawaka
I am seeking guidance about a story I'm working on. Full disclaimer: I have never published (yet) on Literotica. The story I'm working with is unusual for me in that it is arguably bestiality content; I don't play with that kind of headspace, but this particular story developed that way. Oddly enough, it didn't even start out with erotic content at all, but I generally follow a story where it goes.

The guidelines are generally pretty clear: "sexual activity between humans and real-life animals will not be published; human sex with fantasy characters, monsters, furries, anthro, etc. are allowed." This story, however, has sci-fi elements, and the protagonist is operating on an alien planet. The creature she is involved with is not a "real-life animal."

However... the creature is a quadruped, and is not intelligent in the way, I think, that "fantasy characters, monsters, furries, anthro, etc." are assumed to be, for purposes of this restriction. I could make an argument in both directions (on the one hand, that the story doesn't violate because it's not a real animal; on the other, that the creature is an "animal", albeit using an alien skin), but I'm seeking additional opinions. Thoughts?

Make your alien critter sentient at least, with some intelligence, in particular the ability to say (or indicate), "No". I think that's a determining factor.

That is, don't just write a cat or a dog or a cow, and the pretend it's alien because it's got a pink skin.

Another way to answer your question is to ask if you're kidding yourself; you know, protesting your innocence too much? Many people who come to the AH with these kind of questions wobble a bit if there's too much scrutiny.

I am seeking guidance about a story I'm working on. Full disclaimer: I have never published (yet) on Literotica. The story I'm working with is unusual for me in that it is arguably bestiality content; I don't play with that kind of headspace, but this particular story developed that way. Oddly enough, it didn't even start out with erotic content at all, but I generally follow a story where it goes.

The guidelines are generally pretty clear: "sexual activity between humans and real-life animals will not be published; human sex with fantasy characters, monsters, furries, anthro, etc. are allowed." This story, however, has sci-fi elements, and the protagonist is operating on an alien planet. The creature she is involved with is not a "real-life animal."

However... the creature is a quadruped, and is not intelligent in the way, I think, that "fantasy characters, monsters, furries, anthro, etc." are assumed to be, for purposes of this restriction. I could make an argument in both directions (on the one hand, that the story doesn't violate because it's not a real animal; on the other, that the creature is an "animal", albeit using an alien skin), but I'm seeking additional opinions. Thoughts?
If the fantasy creature is not sufficiently close to human-level intelligence to be able to give or deny consent, it will probably count as bestiality. Although I haven't seen it mentioned here on Lit, there's a thing called the Harkness test...
6jp4DVK.png

Another way to answer your question is to ask if you're kidding yourself; you know, protesting your innocence too much? Many people who come to the AH with these kind of questions wobble a bit if there's too much scrutiny.
Definitely not kidding myself. I had the thought that even if the story I'm working on was in a gray area, it would probably be wise to avoid publishing it, to avoid opening the door to hair-splitting over shades of gray.

If the fantasy creature is not sufficiently close to human-level intelligence to be able to give or deny consent, it will probably count as bestiality. Although I haven't seen it mentioned here on Lit, there's a thing called the Harkness test...
That's a good test. And I think your comment is useful too, about the "not sufficiently close". I wonder if that shouldn't be worked into the guideline itself.

And I'm going to have to use "Gronk!" somehow in the story, if I keep developing it.

Sufficient intelligence and a means to reliably communicate consent are a must.

The more it looks and behaves like a normal, natural animal, the less likely the story is to pass. A talking dog isn't going to fly even if it's smart enough to make Einstein look like an idiot by comparison.

Established fantasy creatures are far more likely to pass without issue than something you made up.

I'm suddenly reminded of this

fjmm3ghIUnzKT-GwK6iF0xhleaY5kshT5LbADNLXO6w.jpg
I'm currently knocking about ideas for a mermaid story and spent a rather head-scratching long time researching dolphin vaginas to see if they could be pressed into service in my tale. (/her tail)

And to all those people who claim human female anatomy is complicated, you don't know the half of it...

I'm currently knocking about ideas for a mermaid story and spent a rather head-scratching long time researching dolphin vaginas to see if they could be pressed into service in my tale. (/her tail)

And to all those people who claim human female anatomy is complicated, you don't know the half of it...
Echolocation for seeking the clitoris holds great promise, however.

I solved that problem several years ago:

Songs of Seduction - Water

You're over thinking the issue. You said The creature she is involved with is not a "real-life animal." That's it. The issue is settled, get back to writing.

I've only gotten close to this in one story. A young woman finds out that her parents are werewolves but they're both Yennorks, werewolves that cannot change form for one reason or another. Her mother was constantly human and her father (who was her mother's first cousin) was constantly wolf and... eww. That's what you get for overthinking werewolf relationships.

I've only gotten close to this in one story. A young woman finds out that her parents are werewolves but they're both Yennorks, werewolves that cannot change form for one reason or another. Her mother was constantly human and her father (who was her mother's first cousin) was constantly wolf and... eww. That's what you get for overthinking werewolf relationships.
That's a knotty problem. Can't imagine the solution comes without some ruff corner cases. We should paws and consider this.

I'll see myself out.

As I learned recently by asking a similar question, if you're asking, it's probably worth looking at the necessity of the particular scene in your story and possibly considering rewriting it so the question disappears. Not kink specific, but we all have an internal barometer on propriety. If something bothers you, well, there's reason.

I've had stories passed through with sex between humans and those with alien characteristics not significantly connected to recognized animals.

It mastiff taken quite some strength to persist with such a list of terrierable puns.
I've been known to shepherd a bad pun or two from the pun lab. Sure, some people mutt-er complaints, but I don't let them hound my conscience. I'm not here to cur-ee favor with people. I collie 'em like I see 'em.

I've been known to shepherd a bad pun or two from the pun lab. Sure, some people mutt-er complaints, but I don't let them hound my conscience. I'm not here to cur-ee favor with people. I collie 'em like I see 'em.

*frantically googles dog breeds*

I Canaan bear it that this thread is going to Chug along in this Cockapoo manner as we paw over bad japes in our usual way. Better we Puli ourselves together than let it Lurcher along in this horrible manner, causing such widespread punishment.

Back