Children of Krypton (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
In the days of ancient Egypt, Kryptonians first visited Earth, seeking a method to cure a genetic disorder that left many sterile. They fused human DNA with their own, and were able to overcome their condition and bear children once more. Returning to Krypton, they continued to advance genetic engineering, while each generation looked more human than the last. By the time the House of El rose to prominence, all Kryptonians looked exactly like humans, but through genetic modification they had turned themselves into living solar batteries with incredible powers.

The Kryptonians returned to Earth to see how it had developed around the end of the Middle Ages, but when they were leaving, they had to land on the surface of Mars to make emergency repairs. A group of Martians (who had lived in underground cities on Mars for countless generations) confronted the Kryptonians, but they soon became friends. Using special brainwave-reading scanners, they were able to understand each other, and two young students from the two groups took an immediate liking to each other -- Jor-El, a Kryptonian science major who came along on the mission for a school project, and J'onn J'onzz, a Martian military cadet who was getting some field training.

Over the coming centuries, the Kryptonians and Martians traveled back and forth, forming an alliance and setting up trade routes and colonies on other planets. They eventually met the Appokians, grey-skinned, red-eyed people from the planet Appok (my version of Apokolips), but they were very barbaric and tried to exterminate the Kryptonians and Martians so they could use their corpses to make cyborg slaves. They already had quite the army made from previous races they had destroyed.

In the wars that followed, many were killed, and almost every colony world of the Alliance was turned into a burning wasteland. The tides of the war turned even further when the Appokians discovered the Martians' biggest weakness -- fire. Very rapidly, the Martian population vanished, and even their home cities under the surface of Mars were destroyed. While there, the Appokians made note of nearby Earth, but decided to deal with the Kryptonians first.

Through countless hours of research and experimentation on some of the Kryptonians they had captured, the Appokians came up with Kryptonite, a green crystal substance that drained them of their energy and left them near the edge of death. Using this new weapon, the Kryptonians suffered the same fate as the Martians. As the Appokian fleet descended on Krypton, the last defense of the Alliance, Jor-El struggled to complete a project he had been working on for years -- a small capsule that contained a pocket dimension, meant to imprison the Appokians and their cyborgs. Existence inside the pocket world left the inhabitants feeling weightless and incorporeal, resulting in the appropriate name, "Phantom Zone."

As Kandor, the last great Kryptonian city, burned to the ground, Jor-El finally completed the Phantom Zone Capsule. Using it, they were able to imprison the entire invading force, but it was too late -- Krypton was a wasteland. They decided to take over Appok as their new world, sucking enemies into the Phantom Zone as they went, but in the end, the last of the Appokians chose death over imprisonment and set off a nuclear chain reaction, resulting in the destruction of their planet and killing most of the Alliance members in the area.

In the end, only one ship remained, manned by a single Martian survivor, J'onn J'onzz, and a handful of Kryptonians, including Science Officer Jor-El and Commanding Officer General Zod. With Earth being their only hope of survival, they set out for the blue planet. The Kryptonians already looked human, and J'onn had the ability of shapeshifting, so they were all able to fit in.

Earth had certainly changed since the last time they came. While Kryptonians and Martians lived for centuries, humans had reletively short lifespans, resulting in a very fast-moving culture and advancement. At the time they arrived, it was the late 1800s, and the group ended up posing as traveling cowboys in the American West.

During their exploits, they discovered there were more secrets to Earth than they had realized -- demons, vampires, werewolves, witches, wizards, etc. They formed their own team of hunters for a time, tracking down threats to humanity. In the end, however, General Zod became posessed by a demon, and turned down a dark path. His actions and influence led to both World Wars, as well as terrorist activities around the globe.

General Zod had either killed or recruited most of the Kryptonians, leaving only three to stand against him -- Jor-El, his wife Lara, and J'onn. But catching Zod was like trying to catch smoke with your barehands. Add into the equation the fact that Zod retreived Kryptonite from the old battlefields using a special body suit, and the situation seemed even more dangerous.

In the early 1990s, Jor-El finally managed to capture Zod and his followers and imprison them in the Phantom Zone. However, unbeknownst to them at the time, just before his fall, Zod released an invisible genetic virus into the air that would alter normal humans, giving them powers. But only about a hundred thousand people throughout the world even got infected, and it took years for any powers to show up. Many of the children of the infected, however, gained powers at very young ages.

For Jor-El, Lara, and J'onn, they decided it was time to find a small town and be happy, after so many centuries of fighting evil. They settled on Smallville, Kansas. Using various methods, they created fake identities that appeared completely legal -- Jor-El and Lara became Jonathan and Martha Kent, and built their own farm. J'onn became John Jones, and joined the Smallville Police Department.

The Kents decided it was time to have kids, and so they had three -- Clark, Kara, and Conner. By the time powers started surfacing in the infected, Clark was seven, Kara was five, and Conner was three. The infected came to be called metahumans, and when the Kent children discovered their own powers, they came to believe they were also metahumans, a belief Jonathan and Martha encouraged, since telling them they were aliens would be harder for them to deal with.

Jonathan, Martha, and Jones knew Zod had to be responsible, and questioning him proved this to be true (they kept the Phantom Zone Capsule, which was about the size of a coffee cup, in the basement, and it had a holographic screen that could project from the top that allowed them to communicate with the prisoners if needed).

Some metahumans became villains, while others became heroes. Jones and the Kents decided not to get involved, as the two sides would balance themselves out. Fast forward fifteen years, Clark is 22, Kara is 20, and Conner is 18. They all still live on the farm, and are constantly reminded by their parents and Jones to keep their powers secret. But soon their fates will force them to act as heroes and use their powers for good.

I will be playing as Jonathan, Jones, and Clark. I need people to play Martha, Kara, and Conner. You can also take other DC characters and cast them as either metahumans or normal people like Batman or Green Arrow. Or they can be demons, vampires, werewolves, witches, wizards, etc. You can play a hero, a villain, or someone inbetween.

Basically, the story starts when the Kents discover Jones has actually been fighting crime as a superhero, and that he has worked with various other heroes throughout the country. He convinces the family that it's time to step up again and fight evil (the kids are told their parents and Jones fought crime when they were younger, but still kept them in the dark about their true origins), and that he needs their help against a very powerful metahuman named Morgan Edge, who also happens to be a major crime boss in the Delaware Bay area, with a huge gang of other metahumans and demonic beings that operate in nearby cities, including Metropolis and Gotham, which are on opposite sides of the bay -- Metropolis is on the Delware side, Gotham is on the New Jersey side.

Jonathan and Martha decide they have earned the right to live peacefully after so many years of fighting, but they encourage their kids to go with Jones while they opt stay at the farm to ensure it is always a safe haven for the family to return to in times of need.

Clark, Kara, and Conner all pack their things and go to Metropolis with Jones, who gets a transfer to the local PD and becomes a detective, using the connections he gains to help in his crime fighting. So people don't put two and two together, he changes his superhero persona, allows his Martian features to show to a certain degree and becomes the Manhunter.

Jones recruits some of the other heroes he's worked with, including Carter Hall and Lex Luthor, who I will also play. My version of Lex starts off good, and is in fact a metahuman, but he has no physical abilities -- the virus effected his brain, turning it into an organic supercomputer. He used his genius to create a new generation of technology and launched Luthor Industries, making him a multi-billionaire by the age of 25. He also built a series of powered exosuits to secretly fight crime.

When Jones suggested they form a group, Lex completely remodeled his mansion to serve as the team's headquarters, code-named "the Hall," while the group itself is called "the Justice League." The members each get a room in the mansion to live and sleep, and the basement is used for vehicle storage, tunnels heading to various hidden entrances in the area, training rooms, etc. There is also a Control Room full of computer systems and monitors, with feeds from many different cameras and satellites, letting them see virtually everything in the Delware Bay area.

Oh, and I am toning down how powerful people are in this game. Clark, for instance, can't be anywhere in the world in just a few seconds. His top speed when running is about 300 mph, 900 when flying, but he can't keep that up forever, he needs to rest every now and then. I am removing all his vision powers, though other Kryptonians are welcome to have them. Each Kryptonian absorbs solar energy a little different. And instead of heat vision, Clark can generate the same heat from his hands by releasing stored solar energy. He is strong enough to lift a tank but no where near as strong as his movie or comic counterpart. At full strength, he is no stronger than, say, the Hulk. He usually only uses his strength, speed, and flight paired with martial arts he's been studying under Jones. He only resorts to his heat powers when absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
I rushed to do that first post and was tired. I did some edits and made it more feasible, lol. And here are my characters. As for the story, the Morgan Edge arc will go on for a while. Feel free to make villains to be part of his gang as well. Eventually they will discover Edge is part of an international crime organization known only as the Society, and go on a series of missions around the world to thwart them.

Eventually, when the entire team is visiting the Kent farm, Lex accidentally releases some of the prisoners from the Phantom Zone, including Zod. Upon realizing Lex is a genius, Zod kidnaps him and demands he assist the general in taking over Earth. Lex refuses, and Zod is so infuriated that he subjects Lex to horrible tortures for several days until the League rescues him. This sets in motion Lex's fall to the dark side as the hate ignited by his torture continues to grow.

Eventually the Appokians are released as well, led by my version of Darkseid, which I haven't fully developed yet. I will write more about him when the story gets to that point, but I will say he creates a hybrid monster made from both Appokian and Kryptonian DNA. This will be my version of Doomsday.

Anyway, here are my characters for now.

John Jones/Manhunter

(Human form)
imagesCA0TLV67.jpg

(Manhunter form)
Martian_Manhunter_001_by_RobDuenas.jpg

Powers:

Advanced strength, speed, and agility, enhanced senses, limited telepathy and telekinesis, shapeshifting, and flight.

Clark Kent/Superman

(Without suit)
clark-kent-smallville-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

(Imagine this suit, but with dark blue replacing the black areas, and a cape to go with the hood, being blue with a red stripe down the center, just like the hood. And of course, remove the bow and arrows.)
Speedy_Revamped_by_turin_the_forsaken.jpg

His powers were already stated above.

Carter Hall/Hawkman

(Human form)
michaelshanks.jpg

(Hawkman form)
Xmen33.jpg

Powers:

My version of Carter is a powerful wizard who specializes in transmutation. For his superhero persona, he alters his skin to make it blue and his hair grey, and grows a set of hawk wings. He has abilities in all the elements, but usually focuses on wind/air in combination with flight. If needed, he will grab whatever kind of metal he can find and transmutate it into heavy weapons such as maces or hammers, or to use as a shield.

Note: I'd love to have a female play Hawkgirl and Carter's apprentice/love interest or something :).

Lex Luthor/Cyberdrive

smallvillelex.jpg

I didn't post a picture for his suit because he has quite a variety.

Powers:

Depending on the exosuit used, Lex can have great strength and speed, energy-based abilities, flight, advanced weapons, explosives, and a variety of useful gadgets.

I'm interested, but concerned. Are you playing all those people or your ideas for other players to play them? Your plot is massive. I mean truly massive. I don't know where I can jump in and create my own ideas without feeling I messed up your time line.

Basically: I want to be a bad little girl with powers and some minions and wreck havoc and take over the world. I'm not sure if I can do that here in your plot because it is so big and I'm not 100% sure where I fit in. But please just tell me where I can come in and I'll be happy.

Also how many powers can I have?

Last edited:
I only scripted the overall story, but the smaller details were deliberately left vague. Like, take Morgan Edge's gang. I never said exactly how many there are or what exactly they do. So, if you're playing a villain, throw her in wherever. Solo, part of her own team, affiliated with Edge, whatever. The only part that is set is that Edge is a crime boss in the Delaware Bay area, that the characters don't know yet that he is part of the Society, and that he is eventually defeated. Whether it takes weeks or months for his defeat to happen depends entirely on how the game unfolds. And whatever his gang does during this time is all up for discussion. I encourage everyone to grab a villain too and generate some chaos :).

If you want your character to be a major villain, you could also have her be a fellow member of the Society who is there to keep and eye on Edge or whatever. I gave no numbers on the size of the Society or exactly who is in it, so that is all open as well.

All the truly detailed stuff was backstory. The actual game starts when they all arrive at the Hall.

EDIT: Oh, and exactly when the prisoners are released from the Phantom Zone is not set in stone either. The battle with Darkseid and Doomsday will probably be the last arc of the rp, if it even gets that far. I won't bring them into the story until we have explored all other story options and want to finish off with an epic ending.

So, with Darkseid and Doomsday reserved for the final arc, the only thing you have to worry about it Edge, the overall Society, and Zod. But like I said, not even Zod will be released for a while, so however we get there, however the Society is engaged and defeated, is completely dependant on how the story unfolds.

Last edited:
I was looking at this thread, at first I was thrown off by you re-creating the DC universe, then I considered how horrible the recent re-build of the DC universe is an figured, hey.. his looks better.

Questions:

Only DC characters? or can we take from other comic books series?

Can you give people an idea of power levels? Many old Super Hero RPG's had set ups like this.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer that question. And thanks for liking my world more, lol.

As for power levels, the only real limit is nothing over the top or god-like. Like, you can't be so strong you can lift a building or so fast you can run the speed of light. See how I toned down Clark? So, if you are, say, the Flash, you can probably run several hundred miles an hour at top speed, but you can't like break the fabric of time and space like in Flashpoint.

Just post whatever powers you want and I'll let you know if it's overpowered. As for characters, you can use any you want so long as they are redesigned to fit into this world.

General Zod was a criminal from the actual Superman series, he was sent to the Phantom zone prior to Kryptons destruction in the original series.

I have no idea who Zed is, other than being another words for the number 0.

so is Edge and Zod the same person? Or is like Edge the commander and Zod his 2nd in command?

so is Edge and Zod the same person? Or is like Edge the commander and Zod his 2nd in command?

No idea, Edge is new to me an this is really Jeff's thread/story.

But Zod is a canon character.

nods. thanks for the info. hopefully Jeff will clear that up for me. I hope you join Cheska. Hell I hope more villains join so I'm not the only baddie.

I guess politely requesting you don't over think your plot is far far too much to ask old friend? At least this time you may have driven off all the males so at least we'll have a good ratio for me to have two and you have none. :D

Yeah, I probably did overthink this, lol. I am thinking about turning this into a fanfiction if I can't get enough people involved. Or, if we go with just us four, that is two males and two females. Whatcha think?

Morgan Edge was normally a corrupt CEO, just like Lex Luthor, from what I remember. I changed him for the game.

You always do fanfiction though. The less hard facts you put in at the beginning the better off everybody is for a big RP.

Actually, the only fanfiction I actually did was my Ninja Turtles one, but that was only two chapters, lol.

Really? Cus you have wonderful and complex ideas that frankly are better suited to fan fiction than they are to Role Playing. Since I get the impression you watch a fair amount of cartoons I'll us two I hope you've watched at least some of.

Teen Titans. Teen Titans makes for a great RP. It's five super heros who live in a tower and battle crime. You could sub in Leonardo for Robin and Ben 10 for Beast Boy and still basically tell the exact same stories from beginning to end. Sure it focused from time to time on Slade or Trigon or the Doom Patrol but usually it was just them doing something.

Compare that to Young Justice. Young Justice is like something you'd write. It's long term to the point of I finally got a friend to sit down and watch an episode and they had no idea what was going on because the entire episode was fallout from the earlier episode with some action on the side simply so it wasn't just thirty minutes of you fucking traumatized me!

Perhaps if you want to play with something this complex you should play a more limited role and play all (or at least most) of the villians and the enviroment and play perhaps one hero, the leader, to keep us headed in the right general direction. I'm telling you part of the turn off for a lot of people is both reading through and absorbing the massive ideas.

They didn't sell Teen Titans as the protege of an eccentric millionaire who's parents were killed and grew up to become a vigilante teams with the daughter of satan on a mission to redeem her own birth, an alien princess with an evil twin sister, a boy with the ability to transform into any animal and was traumatized by having to grow up too fast fighting a brain in a jar and it's gorilla lover and a boy who was in a car accident and his father rebuilt him stronger, faster, better. They told you five kids, one of which was Robin and was the only one anybody knew going in, were going to team up and punch things.

Okay, how about we just do a story from scratch then? We can still use the likeness of existing heroes, but we come up with our own names and whatnot. To keep it simple, we can just say that the United States started tampering with genetic engineering during World War II, which eventually evolved into Project Hero. They produced a few superhumans over the decades, but each one went mad with power and had to be destroyed. Until 1969.

In the aforementioned year, Lieutenant John Marcovitz, an accomplished Navy SEAL, submitted to the project. He proved to be the perfect candidate, and took the code name, "Commander Red." This name was influenced his new red suit, which bore no insignia to keep people from connecting him to the military.

Throughout the early 70s, Red piloted missions all over the world, and Project Hero had perfected their process, giving him three super-powered teammates -- Blue, Green, and Yellow, as they were called at first. But things changed in 1976, when Project Hero accidentally released a genetic virus into the air, one that had a small chance to turn those who got infected into super humans with a wide variety of abilities from person to person.

By 1977, a small percentage of the world's population had gained some kind of super power, and they became known as Metahumans. Commander Red and his team focused on fighting Metahumans within the States that were abusing their powers, and people came to see them as superheroes. To inspire good in others with powers, Red altered his suit to appear more heroic and changed his name to "Red Warden". Blue became "Storm Surge", Green became "Druid," and Yellow became "Sunfire." They renamed their team "the Heroes' Guild," and opened up the Guild Hall in New York City.

Red Warden, Storm Surge, Druid, and Sunfire recruited many other young heroes to the Guild, and their superhero exploits were very popular during the late seventies and early eighties. But Sunfire was heading down a darker path, and after a huge fight with Red Warden in 1986, he left the team and became a villain, changing his name to "Supernova." He built his own supervillain team, called "Dark Angels," and they were a constant thorn in the Guild's side for most of the remainder of the decade.

In 1989, the Guild and Dark Angels ended up in an all-out super-powered war, which left much damage in New York City, and many Metahumans and normal people dead. After that the government formally disbanded the Guild and Project Hero was abandonded. They instead began using powered exosuits to keep the Metahumans in check, and the government agency known as "Division Zero" was born.

Our story would then pick up 30 years later, in 2019. Many Metahumans still act as superheroes, but Division Zero only lightly tolerates them. If anyone gives the agency any reason to hunt them down, that Metahuman vanishes forever. Our characters are Metahumans in and around the Vector City, Delaware area. My character is the son of a wealthly businessman and has a huge mansion that he offers as their headquarters. He has been fighting crime as Busterman, and has gathered information that a crime syndicate called Ligerdine is pulling some strings in the city. So he calls upon other heroes and Metahumans he knows or has heard of and formed a new team, simply known as, "the Alliance."

What do you think? Is that easier to follow?

Still overthought fanfiction. For an RP you want, especially at the beginning as few hard details as possible. We're creating a world together and playing together. Unless you want to take a much more structured approach but again in that case you need to pretty much play as the DM more so whichever charachter you play should be of less importance because you're everything else. You can't play Wolverine, but you can play Professor X, the man who has all the answers and the guy who assigns us to missions. Cus remember you're also MAgneto and Apocalypse in these settings.

First lets scrap pretty much all of the history part. If at some point in the actual story if there is a reason for us to find out about our past (perhaps there is some disease that is ravaging all of us and but leaving regulars alone) THEN you introduce all this Captain Red clutter. Until then can't we just be mutants?

How's this: In 1989, the metahumans ended up in an all-out super-powered war, which left much damage in New York City, and many Metahumans and normal people dead. After that the government formally disbanded the Guild and Project Hero was abandonded. They instead began using powered exosuits to keep the Metahumans in check, and the government agency known as "Division Zero" was born.

Our story would then pick up 30 years later, in 2019. Many Metahumans still act as superheroes, but Division Zero only lightly tolerates them. If anyone gives the agency any reason to hunt them down, that Metahuman vanishes forever. Our characters are Metahumans in and around the Vector City, Delaware area. My character is the son of a wealthly businessman and has a huge mansion that he offers as their headquarters. He has been fighting crime as Busterman, and has gathered information that a crime syndicate called Ligerdine is pulling some strings in the city. So he calls upon other heroes and Metahumans he knows or has heard of and formed a new team, simply known as, "the Alliance."

So there's Division Zero (humans fighting metas), The Alliance (metas fighting metas), and lone Metahumans? Is there still the Dark Angels or any antagonists?

I assume there are still Dark Angels and frankly in a world built like this I would expect the Alliance to be antagonistic for the most part. Unless those suits are bad ass, I mean Iron Man bad ass you'd probably prevent metahumans from forming groups cus in MOST story lines sentinels really on beat up on weak mutants in singles combat. A team of metas can pretty much bring down as many giant metal suits as you can realistically throw at them before they start using the fallen parts of your comrads as cover.

Back