Call out something you wish more writers ...

I got some advice from a dissatisfied reader that Antipodean writers like myself (that's an archaic term for Australians and New Zealanders, I admit I had to look up the term) waste too much time in their stories describing scenery, landmarks, fauna and flora in their countries, and that they should just get down to the sex.

I thought given there aren't that many stories set in this part of the world and not a large number of Aussie and Kiwi writers active on the site people from Europe, Asia and the Americas might be interested in these far away lands, but oh well.
Nothing makes a story hotter than throwing in a few bin chickens and a Hill's hoist.

Nothing makes a story hotter than throwing in a few bin chickens and a Hill's hoist.

I've had bin chickens in some of my stories, and referenced Hills Hoists being in the backyard in some of my stories set in the past, like characters buying fuel from Golden Fleece.

With the bin chickens in my story 'Body Swap With Sister's Boyfriend' which is set in Brisbane, the jock boyfriend and the nerd brother swap back and the body swap curse is passed on to a dog and an ibis right at the end. People notice an ibis acting strangely on the banks of the Brisbane River, while the dog fails to respond to its name and becomes obsessed with rifling through rubbish bins and consuming the bin juice within.

The IT fans weren't impressed about dogs swapping bodies with bin chickens, and said so.

Back