Blurhead's pencil art

Oh wow, those are some amazing drawings! I love the detail and the eyes jump out at the viewer. Beautiful!

Wow - have not been in my forum here for a while !
I made a special piece to celebrate Christmas 2022.
This is based on my color pencil artwork of model Veronika but I played around in Photoshop to turn her into a Christmas pinup, hope you like it and many thanks for looking.
merry christmas card.jpg

Veronika would be very, very pleased to know that she's spreading lots of holiday cheer! Merry Christmas!

Hi to everyone on the thread.

Here are a few of my pinup drawings, hope you like them and many thanks for
looking. Comments welcomed !

melissa_colour_version_by_blurhead-d6bsgfv.jpg

zip_girl_by_blurhead-d61t5kp.jpg

stacy_by_blurhead-d5kr4rc.jpg

pin_up_girl___cheree_by_blurhead-d55o93c.jpg

Pinup_girl___Erika_by_blurhead.jpg

Hi to everyone on the thread.

Here are a few of my pinup drawings, hope you like them and many thanks for
looking. Comments welcomed !
zip_girl_by_blurhead-d61t5kp.jpg
The T-shirt is the hottest for me! Def the most natural and realistic shape and I just want be there with her!
For critique, i’d say your shading is okay, but needs more depth from directional light to feel real. This is gorgeous studio light… but feels more flat, like a model shot in-studio, instead of girl next door.

The T-shirt is the hottest for me! Def the most natural and realistic shape and I just want be there with her!
For critique, i’d say your shading is okay, but needs more depth from directional light to feel real. This is gorgeous studio light… but feels more flat, like a model shot in-studio, instead of girl next door.
Many thanks, I appreciate the feedback regarding the lighting. I think it is also an effect of the style of rendering that I do (which takes so long) I really wish I could also "loosen up" a bit and make some more sketchy art, people have in past said that my drawings are very "tight".
By the way I have also been working on coloring some of my pencil drawings over the last couple of years, and the T-shirt girl was one of those, hopefully I will get around to posting them in the new year.

Many thanks, I appreciate the feedback regarding the lighting. I think it is also an effect of the style of rendering that I do (which takes so long) I really wish I could also "loosen up" a bit and make some more sketchy art, people have in past said that my drawings are very "tight".
By the way I have also been working on coloring some of my pencil drawings over the last couple of years, and the T-shirt girl was one of those, hopefully I will get around to posting them in the new year.
I was a portrait artist for many years, and still do a lot of personal photography with dramatic lighting. I’ll say again that your work is great, but if you wanted to develop more depth, instead of looking like flat, straight on studio light, I would practice some images with highly directional light. Like sitting next to a window. It will create a whole new level of intrigue, depth, closeness, and realism to your pics.

Wanted to mention publicly that I’m sorry for being critical. I only comment on great work. I don’t bother if it stinks. If you get lots of recommendations from people, you might see that as a compliment as people feel connected and passionate about your art! Amateurs don’t draw critics.

Wanted to mention publicly that I’m sorry for being critical. I only comment on great work. I don’t bother if it stinks. If you get lots of recommendations from people, you might see that as a compliment as people feel connected and passionate about your art! Amateurs don’t draw critics.
😱 ~~My mom always told me, if you cannot say anything nice, then do not say anything at all, then you do not have to say sorry later-on.

Hi to all on the forum, and I hope that everyone had a good Christmas and New Year break, hopefully this year will be kinder than the last horrible year!!.

Well its been a few years since my last post, I have had some v.nasty medical issues to battle through during that time - but I am hoping that this year I can get back to what I love to do, which is drawing beautiful ladies.

I hope that I will be able to add more during 2017, but in the meantime here's a few that have not been posted on here before.

Many thanks for looking.

sammy_by_blurhead-d7e9aad.jpg

vikki_02_by_blurhead-d71ppye.jpg

vikki_by_blurhead-d5msw0i.jpg

charlize_theron_contest_by_blurhead.jpg

powergirl_by_blurhead.jpg
I like them, great talent. Your style is crisp and recognizable. Please continue showing your ability. Art is subjective to the viewers perspective.
I Like It. Great examples to emulate.

Do you know who Armando Huerta is? Your work reminds me a lot of his, but in a great way. I wish I had more patience for pin-ups. I feel scattered between learning a million things.
But the liveliness of the characters - how well you portray women sensually. You've really nailed it down to a science. Your reds and pinks all convey the liveliness of the skin in a wonderful way. The smiles feel both exaggerated and authentic.
Sorry if this has already been said. I just wanted to admire your work for a moment.

Do you know who Armando Huerta is? Your work reminds me a lot of his, but in a great way. I wish I had more patience for pin-ups. I feel scattered between learning a million things.
But the liveliness of the characters - how well you portray women sensually. You've really nailed it down to a science. Your reds and pinks all convey the liveliness of the skin in a wonderful way. The smiles feel both exaggerated and authentic.
Sorry if this has already been said. I just wanted to admire your work for a moment.
I really appreciate you taking the time to comment, and yes I am aware of Armando, quite a tragic story in the end, he certainly had great talent I particularly love the way he was able to render hair.
Most of the stuff I have shown here was before I even knew of him, so cant really say that he influenced me particularly although I did appreciate his work.
I agree that a lot of patience is required to draw some of the stuff I have posted here, I have personally struggled to regain that patience over the last few years to make more art.

These are incredible. The hair especially is so well done. I always overdo it.
Many thanks, hair is one of the most difficult areas to get right, you really have to approach it in a totally different way and mind-set than the rest of the drawing, there has to be a "flow" to it whereas the other areas are mostly about line, shading and proportions.

Back