Blackwashing Cleopatra Didn't Work Out Too Well For Netflix

Everyone loves getting offended by everything. It’s a problem when people don’t believe what they stand for, but simply stand for what’s trending. I’m not a fan of the trans movement, as if they are somehow better than real women. I don’t care if you want to dress up, have surgery or wear my favorite lipstick, but stop trying to force other people to accept it. Also stop pretending you can wear a tampon.

Egyptian people are upset about this movie, I don’t have any issue with this. My issue is how we in America believe we own the rights to racism and we get to decide what is and what isn’t. You don’t fight racism by being racist…only in America, sigh. I support people not buying Bud because people voting with their wallets is real power.

It’s shortsighted to frame every argument as right vs left, but it keeps this forum going. We also get our soapbox moments. Like this one.

You can't fight racism without being a racist. It was something that was brilliantly demonstrated by Stephen Colbert who would always claim not to see color and thus didn't understand why this person was treated differently.

Yes people love being offended, no Americans don't hold the patent on racism. Didn't know that was something we thought but there are lots of things I don't know.

Voting with your wallet is a very, very limited thing. The only voting with my wallet I could do about Ron Desantis is not visit Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World. I live in CA we have all of those here and on par with them for the most part.

For people pissed about black Cleopatra who. . .where were these guys with Hamilton came out and was literally one of if not THE highest show for a few years? This is more then wanting to be pissed at Netflix. Are they gonna decide this is a big enough deal to skip Stranger Things 5? If they are THAT petty so be it..

I like Netflix. $10 a month for it, and $10 for the Disney bundle and there's more content then you could watch in a lifetime.

Highly recommend, Night Agent.

Netflix Series Which Incorrectly Featured Cleopatra as Black Woman Gets Worst Audience Score in TV History​

By: Jason Walsh
May 16, 2023

The Netflix series about Cleopatra, which changed the race of the title character from Greek/Macedonian to an African black woman, has suffered the worst audience score in TV history.

As The Daily Fetched reported last month, the government of Egypt has slammed Netflix for the portrayal, accusing them of falsely rating history for politics.

The secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, Mostafa Waziri, said the Netflix show wrongly Featuring Cleopatra was a black woman represents a “falsification of Egyptian history and a blatant historical fallacy.”

"The issue is the conceptualization of what purports to be a historical documentary saying that Cleopatra was a black “African queen,” as this season was supposed to be the first in a series covering different queens from the continent. But there is no terribly credible evidence that Cleopatra was black, and instead, she was of Macedonian Greek descent. The country of Egypt, in particular, has taken offense to the show altering their history this dramatically and portraying it as something they believe is non-factual in a series that is meant to be a documentary."

https://www.dailyfetched.com/netfli...oman-gets-worst-audience-score-in-tv-history/

We've all seen Hamilton, so this is not new. It's always ridiculous on its face (no pun intended).
Then the fact that Jesus has been shown a a blue-eyed white man throughout history must be especially upsetting to you, right?

I remember the uproar when they cast John Ritter as The Devil. Why a white guy, they hollered.

Everyone loves getting offended by everything. It’s a problem when people don’t believe what they stand for, but simply stand for what’s trending. I’m not a fan of the trans movement, as if they are somehow better than real women. I don’t care if you want to dress up, have surgery or wear my favorite lipstick, but stop trying to force other people to accept it. Also stop pretending you can wear a tampon.

Egyptian people are upset about this movie, I don’t have any issue with this. My issue is how we in America believe we own the rights to racism and we get to decide what is and what isn’t. You don’t fight racism by being racist…only in America, sigh. I support people not buying Bud because people voting with their wallets is real power.

It’s shortsighted to frame every argument as right vs left, but it keeps this forum going. We also get our soapbox moments. Like this one.

Everybody can wear a tampon, slap that sucker on your favorite elbow with a little duct tape and there ya go.

The problem with this movie is that someone thought they had the power to replace truth with lies and make the world like it because "otherwise racism." They found out, just like the folks who did this before them, that the world doesn't work that way.

I like Netflix. $10 a month for it, and $10 for the Disney bundle and there's more content then you could watch in a lifetime.

Highly recommend, Night Agent.
most definitely. netflix didn't fuck up and already green lit a second season.

Wow! You really went to all the trouble of looking up and posting a link to Cleopatra's family tree to prove me wrong in the short time since I posted that post? Man your tighty-whiteys are really twisted in a bunch.
Not at all, in concern for your diminished education I decided to take a minute and upgrade your level of understanding of the subject, which wasn't Jesus Christ but Cleopatra VII, who wasn't black or Syrian. She was a Ptolemy, a descendant of Alexander's half-brother, General Ptolemy. They were Greek-Macedonians who ruled Egypt for 275 years.

Not at all, in concern for your diminished education I decided to take a minute and upgrade your level of understanding of the subject, which wasn't Jesus Christ but Cleopatra VII, who wasn't black or Syrian. She was a Ptolemy, a descendant of Alexander's half-brother, General Ptolemy. They were Greek-Macedonians who ruled Egypt for 275 years.

It's like they don't know anything until someone gives them a linky. And then that's all they know.

Meanwhile most people retain the knowledge they got in school and use that to augment the other things they learn in life rather than discarding it because now that they're "adults" they don't need that stuff noe moe.

Then the fact that Jesus has been shown a a blue-eyed white man throughout history must be especially upsetting to you, right?
No, because Jesus isn't the subject of this thread. if you want to go there start a thread about it.

It's like they don't know anything until someone gives them a linky. And then that's all they know.

Meanwhile most people retain the knowledge they got in school and use that to augment the other things they learn in life rather than discarding it because now that they're "adults" they don't need that stuff noe moe.
To your point, I think I learned about Alexander The Great, Ptolemy, and Cleopatra being the last Pharaoh in Jr. Highschool.

Nay, but this dotage of our general's
O'erflows the measure: those his goodly eyes,
That o'er the files and musters of the war
Have glow'd like plated Mars, now bend, now turn,
The office and devotion of their view
Upon a tawny front

—— Antony and Cleopatra, Act I scece 1

you mean like water being carbon?

But what color were they?
Here's a Greek likeness of Ptolemy I Soto, Alexander's General, and Cleopatra VII he or she wasn't black:

rwP5vmo.jpg

PzkocFBm.jpg

Here's a Greek likeness of Ptolemy I Soto, Alexander's General, and Cleopatra VII he or she wasn't black:

rwP5vmo.jpg

PzkocFBm.jpg
You do understand that the color in an unpainted sculpture is just the color of the stone it's made from, right?

But the question was rhetorical....I don't fucking care what color they are.

You do understand that the color in an unpainted sculpture is just the color of the stone it's made from, right?

But the question was rhetorical....I don't fucking care what color they are.
The point was, their features Identify them as Greek Caucasians not Africans or Arabs.

You can't fight racism without being a racist. It was something that was brilliantly demonstrated by Stephen Colbert who would always claim not to see color and thus didn't understand why this person was treated differently.

Yes people love being offended, no Americans don't hold the patent on racism. Didn't know that was something we thought but there are lots of things I don't know.

Voting with your wallet is a very, very limited thing. The only voting with my wallet I could do about Ron Desantis is not visit Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World. I live in CA we have all of those here and on par with them for the most part.

For people pissed about black Cleopatra who. . .where were these guys with Hamilton came out and was literally one of if not THE highest show for a few years? This is more then wanting to be pissed at Netflix. Are they gonna decide this is a big enough deal to skip Stranger Things 5? If they are THAT petty so be it..
No way I would skip Stranger Things 5!

I don’t watch Stephan Colbert, I’d rather watch Dave Chappelle, he’s funny. I can understand the argument for not seeing color, I’ve made the same argument before. Now I think it’s not treating someone different because of their color, but racism will never stop. Even if we were all the same color, we’d find something else to hate about each other.

Americans think we have the solution.

California is broke, so I can see why you don’t vote with your wallet. Ask InBev if the wallet voting works, or Bed Bath & Beyond or any other business where people didn’t spend their money. Advertising has duped us all if getting customers to spend money doesn’t work.

California ran a surplus last year. We're no more broke than any other state aside from we're good for our bills.
Racism is something we can solve but not seeing color is just ignoring the problem.

California ran a surplus last year. We're no more broke than any other state aside from we're good for our bills.
Racism is something we can solve but not seeing color is just ignoring the problem.

Lol, we're so screwed and you're oblivious to the reality of how bad it's going to be.

As for paying our bills, Newsom just DEFAULTED on California repaying our Fed loans.

When did trans people say they were better than women?

Who believes they own the rights to racism?

And yet every thread in this forum is a r v l argument.

Odd.

Back