Bitchy Noem

Cricket Noem and Billy "Goat" Noem are at peace and one with the Force now. Governor Noem has been a disturbance in the Jedi Force, which holds a tenuous tether on the Republican Party's definition of a fragile democracy. I feel she will turn further to the 'dark side.' [In case you were wondering, I've been watching the Star Wars weekend marathon.]

Last edited:
As much as I don't like Noem, I have to think that, to a large extent, this reflects the intellectual/emotional divide between city and farm (and thus urban states and rural ones). I'm definitely a city boy (mostly large foreign cities), but my family owns a working ranch, so I can see divides on issues like this one.

To city folks, dogs are pets (or personal protectors). To farm/ranch people most of them have working functions (Noem has almost pleadingly been referring the dog she shot as a working dog. City folks can't really fathom what she means by that). Their functions include herding/protecting livestock. Not killing/eating livestock. If they are let into the house, it's not because they are pets--it's because they are working family members.

The state where we have a ranch has laws about putting dogs down that have gotten a taste and a liking for killing/eating live chickens. If your dog does that to the neighbors' chickens (a scenario Noem has played here), the neighbor can (and probably will if you don't do it yourself) demand to have your dog put down and it will be done. The prevailing thinking is the dog now has a taste for killing/eating livestock and won't fit in the system anymore. If they can't be trained to help put food on the family's table, they aren't of any use either (and some will put them down for that--it's one of the reasons Noem gives for doing it).

On a farm, this is a real problem. The city folks answer is that the dog can be retrained or rehomed. This is often the farmer's/rancher's answer too short of the dog having killed livestock. But once they've gotten a taste of the neighbor's chickens . . .

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the law in most red states just because they are mostly farm/ranch territory.

It's likely that Noem thought this story would go no further than to establish that she faces the tough decisions and doesn't shirk from doing them herself. I can see where this would be understood that way in farm/ranch territory.

Certainly not acceptable in urban/suburban territory, so, yes, at the minimum she's not in touch with the majority.

I can see why she's still a bit confused over how badly the messaging went, though. And the kicker, since she's a Trumper Republican, might be that she didn't actually do it--only lied about doing it to exhibit herself as up to the tough jobs.
Smart take.

Just not quite getting it.

Gov. Kristi Noem: Biden Needs To "Be Held Accountable" For His Dog "Commander" Biting People

www.realclearpolitics.com.ico
RealClearPolitics|6 hours ago
CBS's Margaret Brennan asked South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem writing in her book that the president's dog, Commander, should be put down the way she writes that she shot one of her dogs, Cricket.

The Bidens were held accountable for their dog. It was sent back to Wilmington, DE. It probably should have been sent back earlier and more permanently than it was, though. I don't recall the possibility of putting it down having come up--for a very good reason Governor Noem should now understand. It's not a good breed for the Bidens to have, though, in the fishbowl they've lived in for nearly half a century. As not good for the German Shepherd as for the large number of people swirling around it.

Can’t even imagine what this woman would do if she had a granddaughter born out of wedlock. Probably disown her.
She would probably use her as a political football, get the gender wrong, and be forced to apologize for shaming herself and her family.

I see you’ve given up defending parents and grandparents who reject their offspring. Wise decision.
I would have to start to defend them to "given up" anything.

You poor shitfaced thing, You can't defend your monumental fuck up so you ascribe me a position I don't hold.

Sad. :(

I would have to start to defend them to "given up" anything.

You poor shitfaced thing, You can't defend your monumental fuck up so you ascribe me a position I don't hold.

Sad. :(
Fair point. You’ve approved of the Biden’s disgusting rejection of the child from day one.

As a pussy grabbing male chauvinist, I would recommend that she show those pearly whites and smile a bit more to appeal to us old republican farting goats.

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpeg
    IMG_1020.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Back