Beta reader/American needed for trans story

Kumquatqueen

Literotica Guru
Hello. I have a 15k word story, for the Trans category. It's intended to be a stand-alone story, but in my series I Say Ass, You Say Arse (tales of cross-Atlantic collaboration between scientists).

So I'd like one or more beta-readers to check any of the following:
a) does it work as a stand-alone, or are there bits where you're going "who the hell is xzx and why do I care?"
b) does the American guy's dialogue sound OK or are there Brit phrases which sound totally wrong coming from his mouth? Any phrases in the story that are totally incomprehensible to Americans would also be good to know of.
c) One of the main characters is a trans woman. I've nicked most of her details and views on being trans from various friends and acquaintances of mine over the years, but don't want to ask them for a favour that might be emotionally upsetting. Comments on any implausibility, outdated language (the story is round 2010-12 or a bit later) etc appreciated.

General comments on pacing appreciated, but I should be OK on grammar etc - though there's bound to be typos.

Many thanks.

While I don't care for Trans, I see no one responded for over a week now. So I'll at least offer my assistance with American speech and logical flow. Either provide published link or Google Drive share link please.

While I don't care for Trans, I see no one responded for over a week now. So I'll at least offer my assistance with American speech and logical flow. Either provide published link or Google Drive share link please.
That's very kind, but someone contacted me via a thread on the Author's Hangout and has provided input. Thank you for the offer.

Back