Baltimore bridge taken down by terrorists

Of course they will look at terrorism, but there has to be some mechanism by which the attack could take place and you've got nothing but overexcited twitter posts. Still, let's humor you for a bit, and think about how the ship could have hit the bridge because of a terrorist attack.

Bomb in the engine room is a possibility but there would be explosive residue all over the place and the investigators would have found it as they combed through the mess. Also not very precise as attacks go, as you wouldn't know which way the ship would turn afterwards. Could just has easily have turned away from the bridge.

Crew overpowered and forced to change course? No evidence of that, the crew is fine and nothing on the bridge voice recorder.

So what else have you got? Ah yes, a cyber attack. Sorry, A CYBER ATTACK!!!!!! This is nonsense because ships don't have controls that can change their course remotely. The people that do the driving need to see where they're going, which is why the controls are on the bridge rather than someone's laptop.

Terrorist idea goes downhill fast from there, and I have to say that the concept of "remote towing" a ship weighing thousands of tons with a radio signal is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. Jewish space lasers are sober and accepted technology compared to that.
I agree with your post but didn’t the creator of Netscape navigator (Jim Clark?) manage to control a sailing ship remotely.

Remote towing is straight from a bmovie.

I agree with your post but didn’t the creator of Netscape navigator (Jim Clark?) manage to control a sailing ship remotely.

Remote towing is straight from a bmovie.
I believe he did, and fully autonomous ships are being developed and trialed right now. It takes a lot of expensive technology to make this possible and it's not fitted on regular container ships. Even if someone did hack in to the ship's network, there's no connection between that and the controls.

That was literally the first seven words in my post.

Then why did you go all in on saying it wasn't and that the police shouldn't waste their time on it?

It seems as if you, like the rest of the usual suspects here, speak with a forked tongue.

Then why did you go all in on saying it wasn't and that the police shouldn't waste their time on it?

It seems as if you, like the rest of the usual suspects here, speak with a forked tongue.

I didn't say it wasn't, it's just one of several possibilities.

It could be all sorts of things

While terrorism may be possible

Terrorism is possible, so are lots of other things

Of course they will look at terrorism

In today's world of instant news access, even small incidents are investigated as plots and conspiracies against a nation.

The immediate spring-up of terrorists' plotting was a leap of one stream too wide to cross. Perhaps it was proffered by those not being the brightest light in the harbor as a more exciting prospect to gleefully rub their hands together with the anticipation of stirring up the waters.

We are left with the finality that this was some mechanical or electrical failure, lives were lost, commerce was disrupted, and billions of dollars will be needed to rectify the situation.

Of utmost importance was the tragedy that families lost lives; let's grieve as they do out of respect for life.

This incident highlights the awareness that re-engineering efforts must be more prominent in rebuilding our nation's infrastructures.

Joe Biden began that process in recent legislation and re-emphasized that in his State of the Union Address. Allow Biden four more years and a rebalanced Congress to carry out those plans. Let us resolve to close the Mar-a-Lago closet door with Donald Trump inside, looking over his waterstained memoirs and the chaos he strives to stir up like this type of conspiracy story effort.

In today's world of instant news access, even small incidents are investigated as plots and conspiracies against a nation.

The immediate spring-up of terrorists' plotting was a leap of one stream too wide to cross. Perhaps it was proffered by those not being the brightest light in the harbor as a more exciting prospect to gleefully rub their hands together with the anticipation of stirring up the waters.

We are left with the finality that this was some mechanical or electrical failure, lives were lost, commerce was disrupted, and billions of dollars will be needed to rectify the situation.

Of utmost importance was the tragedy that families lost lives; let's grieve as they do out of respect for life.

This incident highlights the awareness that re-engineering efforts must be more prominent in rebuilding our nation's infrastructures.

Joe Biden began that process in recent legislation and re-emphasized that in his State of the Union Address. Allow Biden four more years and a rebalanced Congress to carry out those plans. Let us resolve to close the Mar-a-Lago closet door with Donald Trump inside, looking over his waterstained memoirs and the chaos he strives to stir up like this type of conspiracy story effort.
Is the Trump administration still having Infrastructure weeks?

The ship turned at last minute into the bridge

Note the name of the ships captain
Is that supposed to be evidence?

And will this thread soon be quietly deleted when the dust settles and actuality emerges. Just as similar nonsense threads after the incident at the US Canada border were.

Back