Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 162 ASC

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A Different Setting

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
tumblr_lsnhv8MunI1qdp7xeo1_500.png

Just... Just 'cause.

Sorry for no posting ..was sick and working and working while sick ..not a fun week...working on it now

from what I've gathered from brain-storming conversations(and the sketch he has lying around somewhere) Sakoto is supposed to look like..

this
faceless_by_Saniika.jpg
combined with this
Pale_Man_by_Tristan_Despero.jpg
but totally this
eea7d3deae04a1ca84068ef050aea6d7.jpg

The theory is that Koh only steals faces so.. she can talk (as she still has vocal cords and a tongue and an opening that constitutes as a mouth) and she can hear fine as she kept her ears...her perfect ears..

On a different note I'm liking the Korra... but am annoyed at the jab they put in the first episode for everyone who wants to find out what happened to Zuko's mom (like they didn't blithely put a sequel hook for it at the end of A:TLA). I also think those lightning rods are cheating. People who are so against benders shouldn't start getting all 'Syndrome' about it..makes them seem like whiny buggers who just want to be special too.

Dearest Carter,

I have been asked to explain to you all the many reasons why my fiance would like to tear you a new one.

You played his character in your second to last post. You also wrote very little when he felt he had spent a good bit of effort to describe exactly what the world was like for poor Sakoto.

This pissed him off. So to get back at you he put the rest of the Rockfist Gang and some Agni Kais in your character's path to see if you would handle it realistically. You did not.

As epic as the avatar world is, he doubts a Sue such as yours should be able to take down thirty fighters in a few minutes, much less in the style of say..Kill Bill or some other stylistic kung fu flick. He also objects to you mentioning that his character had just exited the tea shop when she had only entered it in his own post.

.....personally I think it's good that you at least remembered to add that one of his arms was out of commission...and his nonchalance over the faceless woman cracks me up.

---The Almighty Tallest UM

Okay Pain/Unseen, I have a lot of good and bad things to say about this one.

1. I actully think the cartoon rendering was hilarious, nice job, I applaud you.

2. Pain you did a wonderful job describing Sakoto's world

3. If I hadn't played Sakoto then the post would have been a sentence, maybe two. Where could I have gone with the whole I'm stuck on a bench while a skilled healer works on my arm?

4. Akihiro (as I said in my character description) isn't the talkitive type, I only made him ask Sakoto's name because I didn't know how to continue the character interaction. Even if he was talkitive I don't think he would have said something along the lines of "Oh hey you have no face."

5. About the whole "I'm a Sue" thing, there was no way out of the conflict alive unless I went Sue, it was your own fault. If you look at the logistics of the fight there was no way he took down 30 people by himself, so when I wrote it it was more like the 20 Rockfists. I also said that he was good at acrobatics and could have easily done the back flip and other acrobatic moves. As well I said he was beat to the ground and got hurt, he isn't invincible.

6. You said I didn't handle it realisticly, yet how come the Rockfist's come back for reveng and a few moments later are joined by a rival gang who wants to fight over turf? And how is it that this rival gang just suddenly wanted to beat the shit out of Akihiro like "We wanna fight over this par... oh hey let's just not attack our enemies and attack this man!" And what your saying is that completely out of nowhere 10 rival gang members just forget all the conflict between the two groups and go to attack a lone man, impossible, perposterous, insane and, crazy. No way in hell it would have happened like that. The Agni Kais would have fought the rockfists, Akihiro would have helped. Also the Agni Kais probably would have helped Akihiro ( the enemy of my enemy is my friend).

7. On the whole "Sakoto had just entered the tea shop" thing, the fight would have taken some time. So while the fight was going on, Sakoto was sipping her tea.

8. Pain can't speek for himself... why?

Pain/Unseen I'm sorry for any frustrations I may have caused. I'm not here to make enemies, but when you go and force me into a situation then attack me for doing what you crammed down my throat, It doesn't sit so well with me. You can't deny you forced it on me so please don't insult me and say you didn't. I respect you both but please don't attack me for what you forced me to do.

-In sincereity and hopefulness
-Carter

Last edited:
Aaaand here we go.

*takes a breath*
Your char doesn't HAVE to take on every enemy and win. You yourself said there needed to be heavier conflict than described. Pain gave you some. Instead of showing human weakness and perhaps gaining more interaction with the healer char, you chose to go basically godmode.

It's a give and take. Not just in the ic thread, but this one as well... And you seem set on arguing everything with everyone. That's not exactly boding well. This isn't an attempt to gang up on you... UM, Mr J, Ahren and I have written together for a long while.

As for the enemies getting along? Not realistic?
Mr J and Ahren may butt heads continuously, but they both agree on having a sour spot against your choices to argue everything.

You don't appear to have been on lit long. Group threads take a bit more compromising and openness than one on ones. Taking some of the remarks and actions so far... You're stepping on a lot of toes and are losing dance partners.

I know a few people wanted to join in on this thread, but are hesitant because of this.

Also.
Please notice when your browser redlines words.... It's driving me nuts.

He had me speak because his rant modes last forever. I spoke because when he's in rant mode it takes me forever to snap him out of it and get him to a place more emotionally receptive to me(i.e. I did it for couple politics)

Actually if your posts had concerned me I would have stopped you after the first one to voice my displeasure and moved on. You're not half as bad as BlueRoseKissed(she has felt the need numerous times to make her character do something completely unrelated to everyone's actions in an rp so ends up getting ignored more often than not). The purpose of the 'note' was to reflect his viewpoints.

also while your character may not have been so rude as to blurt out Sakoto's condition most people would have at least paused in what they were doing and mentally wonder as to what the fuck had happened there.

and on Lily's point, she's right. Spellcheck exists and, while we all have misspelled words every now and then, the handful of sentences you wrote on your first post interacting with Sakoto was chockful of them.

*stretches* Humm, I'm going to have to actually say words huh? Okay then, it's cool.

For one thing, I am not mad at Carter. Not really, there is a difference between a spitefully bad player, and one whom just needs to get into the knack of things. I think he falls into the latter, but remember that we all started there. And, every once in a while, we all fall back there occasionally too.

But, bringing that up, allow me to go over some things.

To the degree of the fight, and how I worded it..

Sometimes no win situations happen. They're there to represent an external struggle (man vs. man), which could lead to enlightenment (man vs. self). They happen all the time in D&D, they happen all the time in books, they happen at the beginning of movies. It's a cornerstone for a character to fall, and rise up again. Especially big damn heroes, like Akihiro.

They wasn't after him specifically, he was simply in the middle of their turf war. Collateral damage and innocent people being hurt happens when you get those kinds of fights. He could have run, could have fought and lost, could have chosen a side, or got brutally wounded and came bleeding into the tea shop. Options like this define a character to the world, and could even contribute to how sympathetic it is to the character, or even who will help him in the future.

I have no problem with you playing Batman, but you have to have your parents die first.

When you're rping with multiple people, it's less like telling a story and more like staging a play. You've your set pieces, background pieces, and setting. I set you the street and the conflict. I directed the action. Then I moved to another location to create cross interaction (UM's character works in the tea shop), setting up a means to have multiple character interaction.

This would have worked better if UM had finished her post after I finished mine, mind you. But it was done intentionally regardless. Sometimes players require their people to stay in an area, or do something, and moving them could be out of character or effect their next choice.

Making this kind of mistake is a good thing, it is something you learn from. It's something that happens, and you gain experience.

Another thing that really effects how you write would be if/then. If you settle your posts to allow for if/thens, you can function on broader concepts that could end up working with everyone better. Instead of having to move someone back into conflict, have your post written with an open invitation. For example;

"Akihiro punches one in the throat, and swings about to challenge the others as they come near. He sees that most are attacking each other not even paying him attention. He runs to push two fighters away from a child who is watching wide eyed from the street. This has gotten out of hand.

After an hour, they are either downed or fleeing, the Agni Kais having pushed the Rockfist back out of the area. He looks around, remembering seeing the healer go into the shop, if she comes out he'll go to her. Right now, he prepares to check his wounds.."

If she comes out, then he'll do something. If she doesn't then he could find something else next post, or even choose to move to another place. People tend to respond to these kind of open invitations, and done right it could set up multiple chances of having interaction.

Hell, you could have chosen to do something else, as in my last post I've given other locations and options. Head to the heart of the festival. Go see the arena. Talk to the merchants. Follow a gang to their hide out.

I'm running the rp, so I guess I'm calling the shots. I have an unlimited bag of NPCs to talk to and enjoy if you chose to follow and expand on this world, and I'm sure so does anyone else you come near. I'm trying to get into the other characters to create binding conflict they could get into, and it's hard to do that when I'm finding my blind set piece floating out of my control.

Last edited:
My earnest apologies (for my earlier response) and thanks for your (helpful criticism) to the two of you (Unseen/Pain), (bows in a hopefully respectful manner). Next time I will be better at assesing my position. Friends? (holds out hand)

Meanwhile on a completely off topic note: Mr. J your tag is hilairious and very true XD

Last edited:
Ok..say Amon won this revolution and took bending away from Republic City. Now you just have a bunch of pissed off normals who are still fully capable of stabbing you with a knife or putting poison in your tea.

I plan to post soon, but am waiting for a day off to make it, so's it doesn't have sad, tired tosser oozed over it.

Back