At first sight...

Reenigam

Really Experienced
... what the French call the "coup de foudre".

Attraction at the very first meeting must be a fairly common occurrence - but are there any suggestions for a storyline based on this happening to a huge extent, such that the two protagonists have to immediately indulge themselves - and I mean immediately, maybe in front of others, inhibitions swept aside?

Maybe someone has seen or penned something of this sort..?

The office party of years past comes to mind. A bit of booze and people who've been in close proximity for a while - sexual tension that's been repressed suddenly has an outlet.

Interesting idea. My wife and I certainly had that attraction at first sight, but she was seeing someone else at the time. She broke up with him a month later and we had our first date the next day. We were fucking like rabbits two days later.

But instantaneous - I gotta have you now! That's another matter. I have a group sex story called Strange Flowers that is about a family that has a solarium, an early type of sunroom, in their home. Growing in the solarium is a strange trumpet flower vine, that came from a remote region of the Amazon jungle. Once a year the blooms open and release a pheromone that drives women crazy with desire. So that morning, every year, there is an orgy in the home.

So for your idea, maybe that flower, or one like it, is accidentally planted in a public botanical garden. The garden could be open to the public that day or closed so that two garden employees on their first day, who are attracted to each other, encounter the pheromone alone. Or maybe it's in a lab where they are studying the plant.

In any case, in my mind, your scenario would require some sort of chemical stimulation. Otherwise, people are pretty well able to control their impulses.

An excellent idea generally but I was thinking it probably needed some external stimulus to make it credible. Rob's idea about the flower is great.

Otherwise you could have a party host/hostess engaging in some interesting, selective spiking of drinks - maybe a couple new to the neighbourhood is separated and plied with the potion - then lots are drawn among the other guests to determine who wins the husband and who the wife.

An excellent idea generally but I was thinking it probably needed some external stimulus to make it credible. Rob's idea about the flower is great.

Otherwise you could have a party host/hostess engaging in some interesting, selective spiking of drinks - maybe a couple new to the neighbourhood is separated and plied with the potion - then lots are drawn among the other guests to determine who wins the husband and who the wife.

That is a terrific thought and, with respect to the OP, one which runs my flag up the pole more than the original proposition. I can imagine that this is a regular "welcoming" act in the neighbourhood or, perhaps, a small élite group who invite chosen, unsuspecting couples on a regular basis to be used in that way.

PM sent.

I had a dream the other night that I can't get out of my head.

Guy goes to a property to inspect some part of it. Somewhere along the way, the daughter, or maybe granddaughter of the property owner appears. They sit and talk, almost like old friends that have known each other for years. Seamless, fluid, all of deep interest. Nothing intimate though. When the time to leave comes, for some reason they shake hands ... more of a business thing I guess. But something happens. Some sort of intense energy. They look at each other as he asks ... did you feel that? She replies that she did.

But neither understands why. Neither is looking. Out of almost some sort of fear, they part and never have contact again.

The idea about the trumpet vine is creative. Another possibility comes from a trope in dystopian science fiction. The government drugs its subjects to maintain control over them. In a few stories, the drug has the effect described in the OP.

The idea about the trumpet vine is creative. Another possibility comes from a trope in dystopian science fiction. The government drugs its subjects to maintain control over them. In a few stories, the drug has the effect described in the OP.
Especially in a situation where the population needs to be increased or breeding encouraged between a select group of people. For all sorts of reasons.

Perhaps a group of high-ranking people all meet for dinner one night and a blackmailer finds a way to drug the food. The inevitable orgy occurs and the maid is all too happy to snap some photos in return for the huge bribe she was offered.

The blackmailer now has those officials in his pocket for the rest of their lives.

This concept is crying out for one of the oldest tropes of all: the love potion, magic spell, or literal Cupid's arrow.

Yes, although by doing that you stray from the OP's concept which could have something in it.

Ok, it's defying credibility to imagine that an attraction might be SO strong that two people might wish to get down and dirty right in front of others - but barring that I think it's hardly news that, in real life, couples have had sex just after meeting for the first time, a matter of minutes at most.

The twist in mine is that the attraction was so strong and overpowering, it scared the crap out of them.

Are you sure it wasn't static electricity earthing itself?!!

Seriously, sounds like a powerful idea, if bordering on the surreal. A story could certainly come from that if the couple are drawn to contact each other again, wanting to understand why it happened.

No. They knew instantly that life and reality could never live up to that moment.

It's hard to explain and I don't understand why it's still in my head, almost haunting.

Agreed. Very powerful. The best stuff sometimes comes in dreams. But it's personal, extremely so. You've described it very well - but actually you are the one closest to to it and only you know the "atmosphere" that came with it.

In your place, I'd try to write it up while it's fairly fresh in the memory and see whether you can capture some of that feeling.

My current wife and I were like what is described.

Before we even spoke a word we both said the same thing about one another’s looks, “now this will work”. We both had dated some others outside our league, and yet some really big nuggets too.

Talking wise, the conversation never lagged or was awkward.

Fiscally we had similar situations so she was not looking for my money, and I did not need hers.

Later that night we had sex, and while it was not out in public or anything, it was defiantly needed by both of us. To this day it was THE best sex I have ever had. I have had kinkier sex granted, but in terms of pure gratification on many fronts, definitely the best sex. I was 47 at the time so by no means inexperienced either.

It’s a great “our relationship story” but I am not sure how to weave it into an erotic one.

Before we even spoke a word we both said the same thing about one another’s looks, “now this will work”. We both had dated some others outside our league, and yet some really big nuggets too.

Fiscally we had similar situations so she was not looking for my money, and I did not need hers.

Later that night we had sex, and while it was not out in public or anything, it was defiantly needed by both of us. To this day it was THE best sex I have ever had. I have had kinkier sex granted, but in terms of pure gratification on many fronts, definitely the best sex. I was 47 at the time so by no means inexperienced either.

It’s a great “our relationship story” but I am not sure how to weave it into an erotic one.

Interesting to see that someone here, for once, has had something in real life close to a proposed story idea. Not common, from what I've seen on here, but then there's an unfortunate superabundance of tentacled, space opera witch/elf/goblin crap around which is hardly your ideal starting point.

You could just describe the relationship briefly and then make the sex hot, post it in Romance… unless that’s too boring and you need drama of some kind?

Yes, in retrospect I suppose I should have expected people to suggested some kind of catalyst like the flowers or drugs mentioned.

I suppose we are indeed in the realm of beggaring belief to imagine that a reaction could be as powerful as I proposed. Since I'm all in favour of realism, I think it's necessary to return to the drawing board!

Back