Ask a MtF TG a question

jayne-burton-730139-unsplash.jpg

Lest we forget

As if having David Tennant back in Dr Who wasn't enough, they only gone and cast two trans actors! :heart:
I can hardly believe it, but if any show had the courage to do it, Dr Who was the one. I'm so excited and fuck, yes, I feel validated. Thank you, thank you. Dr Who came through 👍 😍🥳
So here's Yasmin, playing Donna's daughter
rose-instagramfacebook-c.jpg

and then next year in the series we get Pete McHale, playing alongside a new Dr Ncuti Gatwa
doctor-who-pete-machale-.jpg

f7a99efc4da904444d8b9020fe426e98.jpg

Best news all year!!

Trailer link

Last edited:
As if having David Tennant back in Dr Who, they only gone and cast two trans actors! :heart:
I can hardly believe it, but if any show had the courage to do it, Dr Who was the one. I'm so excited and fuck, yes, I feel validated. Thank you, thank you. Dr Who came through 👍 😍🥳
So here's Yasmin, playing Donna's daughter
rose-instagramfacebook-c.jpg

and then next year in the series we get Pete McHale, playing alongside a new Dr Ncuti Gatwa
doctor-who-pete-machale-.jpg

f7a99efc4da904444d8b9020fe426e98.jpg

Best news all year!!

Trailer link
I really want one of those awesome transgender TARDIS pins 🌈💜

I really want one of those awesome transgender TARDIS pins 🌈💜
*gasps*
There is such a thing - look! I know just the person for this :)
tardis_-_28de80_-_43d3ef0950a95f3715f55f159b012332e61c051c.jpg

I don't have a working trans radar and besides, I'm socially slow, so I thought Yasmin was a really cute chick brought in to tick the racial equality box for the BBC.

It gets better. The transphobe trolls are stamping their feet over 'pronoun wokeness' and declaring they'll never watch it again! That's fine because the rest of us are either dancing the room or entirely okay with it. Besides, a 50 yr old clip from Dr Who has emerged with a pronoun discussion over another alien of non-binary sex.

I find it hard to believe the red-neck twats expressing their outrage actually watch something like Dr Who. I thought they only watched GB News. Too funny.

There's a thread playing out elsewhere on Lit, given the bullshittery already posted, I am not going to join.

If I research for a post I'll always cite the source, because it lends it credibility and other people may want to read further. I noticed a post just now, lifted straight from a NHS medical page. No harm in that - it's generally unbiased info, but why miss out an important sentence and not cite your source? Let me explain - here's the quote from the NHS page...

"Gender dysphoria is a term that describes a sense of unease that a person may have because of a mismatch between their biological sex and their gender identity.

This sense of unease or dissatisfaction may be so intense it can lead to depression and anxiety and have a harmful impact on daily life.

What is gender identity? ..."

So why would you miss out a crucial line like the one I've changed to italics? The harmful impact on daily life is pretty much the core of dysphoria, but here the poster has airbrushed it away.

That particular thread is shameful. It's full of cliche and stereotypes so tired they would be laughable except it's being accepted as true. Why don't I challenge it? I've been around blogs and Lit long enough to know that imposing my views is pointless and only gives me sleepless nights.

That's why I started this thread years ago. If people want to pose questions here they can have an informed answer and I'm always happy to debate, but I'll always shut down BS. The problem is, people don't want answers that don't fit their preconceptions. That's an attitude problem I'm unlikely to change.

/rant

Last edited:
I'm pleased with my level of restraint!! :LOL: I've found in the past, it's sometimes better to let folks have their fun. I find vitriolic argument upsetting and it was full of that already.
I am very impressed! It's very hard to resist and sometimes I actually succeed. Mostly not 😢

Glad you are back I enjoy reading this post and i have found it informative to see what you are going through and how you educate all of us unknowing people, keep it up and don't let all the assholes out there get to you.

Glad you are back I enjoy reading this post and i have found it informative to see what you are going through and how you educate all of us unknowing people, keep it up and don't let all the assholes out there get to you.
I'm not proud of myself for my /rant ^^ which maybe reads like a tantrum, but I find some threads so exasperating. I find to join in as I've done before, very draining and ultimately, gets you nowhere. If people are genuinely keen to find out, that's great but too often it's recycled hot air.
Anyway - enough, enough.
And don't put yourself down - there's a big difference between being open minded and simply being provocative. Open minded people live longer... that is an uncited claim but I bet it's true. There's nothing sexier than someone in their sixties and seventies still asking questions and hungry for knowledge.

Last edited:
I'm not proud of myself for my /rant ^^ which maybe reads like a tantrum, but I find some threads so exasperating. I find to join in as I've done before, very draining and ultimately, gets you nowhere. If people are genuinely keen to find out, that is such a rush, but too often it's recycled hot air.
Anyway - enough, enough.
And don't put yourself down - there's a big difference between being open minded and simply being provocative. Open minded people live longer... that is an uncited claim but I bet it's true. There's nothing sexier than someone in their sixties and seventies still asking questions and hungry for knowledge.
Thanks glad hearing an old man like myself can be sexy just by taking in more knowledge, a btw to me there is nothing sexier than a person being open and baring themselves as you do.

I'm not proud of myself for my /rant ^^ which maybe reads like a tantrum, but I find some threads so exasperating. I find to join in as I've done before, very draining and ultimately, gets you nowhere. If people are genuinely keen to find out, that is such a rush, but too often it's recycled hot air.
Anyway - enough, enough.
Your rant is much less of a tantrum than anything that I was tempted to say after my first couple of thoughts were met with the “hot air” responses. I am so glad you have this thread and make space for folks to ask those questions when they genuinely want to know and engage. :)

I think we could find plenty of supporting evidence for your claim that open-minded people live longer. Lower levels of stress, usually more engaged virtually and IRL, probably more active (meaning, doing things they enjoy doing, not necessarily physically active). All of those things have a positive impact on health and wellbeing. While I’m too lazy to cite any specific sources, I’m happy to nerd out and find them if you really want to bolster your argument. :giggle: :LOL:

Your rant is much less of a tantrum than anything that I was tempted to say after my first couple of thoughts were met with the “hot air” responses. I am so glad you have this thread and make space for folks to ask those questions when they genuinely want to know and engage. :)

I think we could find plenty of supporting evidence for your claim that open-minded people live longer. Lower levels of stress, usually more engaged virtually and IRL, probably more active (meaning, doing things they enjoy doing, not necessarily physically active). All of those things have a positive impact on health and wellbeing. While I’m too lazy to cite any specific sources, I’m happy to nerd out and find them if you really want to bolster your argument. :giggle: :LOL:
The RL incident that brought it home was a lovely man, 72yrs, I was lucky enough to meet, but sadly only twice. The first time a group of us watched an excellent documentary film - he was sprawled on a vacant settee like a teenager. At the end he jumped and did starjumps while enthusing about the quality of the film editing ( that had passed me by ).
"What was your impression, Jane?" he asked me. I tried to make some intelligent observations.
"Oh that's interesting. Why did you think that?" he went on.
He was one of those rare people who leave you feeling uplifted and better about life after spending time with them. The tragedy was that he was struck down by peritonitis and blood poisoning, quite out of the blue soon after. I still feel cheated that I didn't have chance to know him better. 🥲

He was one of those rare people who leave you feeling uplifted and better about life after spending time with them. The tragedy was that he was struck down by peritonitis and blood poisoning, quite out of the blue soon after. I still feel cheated that I didn't have chance to know him better.
😢💜

Anyway - enough, enough.
Rant away my friend. This is YOUR thread where you enlighten the ignorant (me) rather than encouraging the ignorant to slide even deeper and become truly stupid. You will always have my thanks and respect for helping me learn.

There's valuable stuff in here, and I appreciate you opening yourself up. As someone who is real time going through what is either a major identity/orientation shift (likely) or a self-absorbed midlife crisis (possible, but it feels too bottled up), and has SO many questions but isn't confident to ask, being able to pop into a thread like this and gain insight is super helpful and keeps insecure fuckers like me from having to ask a potentially sensitive question in a potentially (but totally accidentally) insensitive way. There's a million roadmaps for this, but they're all different, and I feel like I was handed the wrong one. <3

There's valuable stuff in here, and I appreciate you opening yourself up. As someone who is real time going through what is either a major identity/orientation shift (likely) or a self-absorbed midlife crisis (possible, but it feels too bottled up), and has SO many questions but isn't confident to ask, being able to pop into a thread like this and gain insight is super helpful and keeps insecure fuckers like me from having to ask a potentially sensitive question in a potentially (but totally accidentally) insensitive way. There's a million roadmaps for this, but they're all different, and I feel like I was handed the wrong one. <3
First rule of the thread is 'There's no such thing as a stupid question' and the second 'We've all got to start somewhere and most of us started knowing zip' so ask away. Some questions may be answered already in the thread, but it has grown to an extent that it can be difficult to find specific topics, although there's a basic index at the start.

So long as you're respectful and accept that personal questions might not always be answered, then don't worry about mentioning body parts and what they do, and often the questions can be emotional ones.

Back