Are there any pilots out there

I am currently working on a story, part of which involves some of my characters flying an airplane. I need to pick someone's brain a bit about some technical issues related to flying, in order to make my story at least marginally realistic. If you are a pilot, and you would be willing to lend some of your technical expertise and answer a few questions, please message me.

Not a pilot, but I watch a ton of technical aviation content on YouTube. I might be able to help some if you can't find the real thing.

KeithD used to claim to be an elite pilot. However, since this is not an aviation education site nor is he (to the best of my knowledge) an accredited instructor, he probably won't help.

Maybe this guy can help:

Or maybe I can help, depending on what kind of pilot you want.

KeithD used to claim to be an elite pilot. However, since this is not an aviation education site nor is he (to the best of my knowledge) an accredited instructor, he probably won't help.
I flew a Cessna 152 before going, briefly, into the sr71 (which pretty much flies itself) program. But that was fifty years ago. No, I don't remember much about flying (beyond business class) and practically nothing about flying beyond those two extremes.

I am currently working on a story, part of which involves some of my characters flying an airplane. I need to pick someone's brain a bit about some technical issues related to flying, in order to make my story at least marginally realistic. If you are a pilot, and you would be willing to lend some of your technical expertise and answer a few questions, please message me.
I'm not a pilot, but my dad was (General Aviation ie recreational) and my cousin is a crop-duster.

I flew a Cessna 152 before going, briefly, into the sr71 (which pretty much flies itself) program. But that was fifty years ago. No, I don't remember much about flying (beyond business class) and practically nothing about flying beyond those two extremes.
That's... quite the extreme. o_O

I hold a Private Certificate and have flown Cubs, Champs, Chiefs, T-craft, small Cessnas solo and as PiC as well as big Cessnas and Mooneys with my dad.

I thought this said "plots." I have it on good authority that those exist somewhere around here, but I wouldn't be able to help with that.

Wow. That is really awesome. The SR-71 has been my favorite plane for a long time, since I was a kid.

Yes, well, in terms of erotica, that life didn't begin until after that. I was vanilla until a bit after that phase. so it doesn't have much to do with my writing here.

Drop me a line. I may be able to help

Back