AOC calls on Justice Thomas to resign

He's younger than a few others in govt positions.
There should be a mandatory retirement age of 70 for all of them. Except for the presidency, since that would require a constitutional amendment.

And again, you try to skip right past without ever addressing my question.
I realize there is no case coming before the court that involves Gini Thomas. I never claimed there was. And the hypothetical situation I outlined is well-defined, you just refuse to address it. Additionally, I think all spouses of Supreme courts Justices have opinions on a myriad of things. That said I challenge you to show me one other instance of a Supreme Court Justice's spouse expounding such unsubstantiated, extremest views that could bring harm to the country. Go on, you seem to think what she said was no big deal and that other spouses of justices have opinions like that, so show me....IF YOU CAN.

The hypothetical I presented requires a yes or no, but you are incapable of committing to an answer. I realize now you won't, because if you do you, will expose your extreme bias. You're going to keep talking in circles, ignoring what I asked by substituting something else.
So man up and answer the question I posed, or show me some proof that other spouses have voiced opinions of the same sort that JT did.

Comshaw
I have no idea if other spouses have said crazy things in private conversations. It doesn’t matter what she believes. It has no bearing at all on Justice Thomas’ approach to the law. I would not expect RGB to resign if her husband said crazy shit about the 2000 election.

You can whine all you want.

I have no idea if other spouses have said crazy things in private conversations. It doesn’t matter what she believes. It has no bearing at all on Justice Thomas’ approach to the law. I would not expect RGB to resign if her husband said crazy shit about the 2000 election.

You can whine all you want.
Finally, you commit. I will make sure I bookmark this for future discussions. However, my opinion is you are laying out your ass. As far as whining is concerned, I will leave you with a quote, "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means." Inigo Montoya

Comshaw

I think its insane to think the wife has no influence on her man. Besides more often than not the Supreme Court is really legislating from the bench whether they mean to as not.

Finally, you commit. I will make sure I bookmark this for future discussions. However, my opinion is you are laying out your ass. As far as whining is concerned, I will leave you with a quote, "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means." Inigo Montoya

Comshaw
AOC’s plea is amusing, but there will soon be far more serious matters pertaining to SCOTUS that will capture the nation’s attention. Probably AOC’s attention as well. Especially if this breaking story from Politico is true:

“The Supreme Court has voted to strike down the landmark Roe v. Wadedecision, according to an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito circulated inside the court and obtained by POLITICO.

“The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey – that largely maintained the right. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” Alito writes.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

I guess so. Somebody needs to tell AOC that in 2024, she'll still be too young to be presidential material.

Respectfully submitted, she can run. Her DOB is 10/13/1989, which would make her of age to take office on 1/20/2025. Per Article 2 of the Constitution:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Honestly I don't even know why we keep that natural born citizen which is difficult to pin down at times part. This isn't 1775, basically non of us are loyal at all to any foreign country. Prince Harry couldn't come in and do much.

I don't think AOC running is the best plan ever mind you. I think she has an unfortunate combination of being Latino Woman who isn't afraid to speak truth to power. She's to easy smear as she would open the borders to the world with little to no vetting. Would turn our daughters into abortion seeking whores. As if the procedure is fun. She'd be week on terrorist even though the last major attack was a while back and maybe we need to go back to being inclusive.

Back