Anyone from the UK?

Everytime I'm here there are comments about how this thread has gone downhill. I can only assume this is aimed at me. But the way things are worded it's never directed.

I'm out!
Bit touchy aren't you? :oops:

TBH the thread in general is suffering some kind of identity crisis as far as I can see ... we've gone way off the bins / biscuits / Harry Potter / custard topics that we all know and love.

Nobody is just having fun anymore 🤬

TBH the thread in general is suffering some kind of identity crisis as far as I can see ... we've gone way off the bins / biscuits / Harry Potter / custard topics that we all know and love.

A bit touchy.

When you interact with threads with other people and a small number of people comment how people are ruining threads, but don't have the guts to say who, why or how. Maybe you'd feel touchy too. It's happened in a number of threads now. I'm fed up with it. That's why I am no longer taking part.

A bit touchy.

When you interact with threads with other people and a small number of people comment how people are ruining threads, but don't have the guts to say who, why or how. Maybe you'd feel touchy too. It's happened in a number of threads now. I'm fed up with it. That's why I am no longer taking part.
You are never nothing but fascinating.
Sometimes you overshare

But, now.
You are overthinking and overreacting.

A bit touchy.

You are a great and fun contributor to this thread. I haven‘t noticed any comments in your direction and if I do, I will give the offenders a good clip round the ear.

ewis1.gif

It's not this thread but Lit generally. I've been around a while and when I first joined there were evenings I'd be crying with laughter. People move on, you make new friends. TBH I think the tetchy mood on Lit is a reflection of what is happening out there in the real world. As if stuff in the UK wasn't bad enough, we've got Ukraine, and all the BS with the upcoming US election. Everyone is feeling the pinch financially so that all feeds into the mood of posts.
But hey - we're Brits, famous for our sang froid, je ne sais quoi and black humour. The trick is not to assume the problem is YOU - it's just how shit is right now.
Flowers are busting out the ground and hedges have turned from grey to green. Snot all bad innit.

Last edited:
It's not this thread but Lit generally. I've been around a while and when I first joined there were evenings I'd be crying with laughter. People move on, you make new friends. TBH I think the tetchy mood on Lit is a reflection of what is happening out there in the real world. As if stuff in the UK wasn't bad enough, we've got Ukraine, and all the BS with the upcoming US election. Everyone is feeling the pinch financially so that all feeds into the mood of posts.
But hey - we're Brits, famous for our sang froid, je ne sais quoi and black humour. The trick is not to take assume the problem is YOU - it's just how shit is right now.
Flowers are busting out the ground and hedges have turned from grey to green. Snot all bad innit.

yup, even the AH is full of nastiness and snark - most everyone resents most everyone else there. Why be nice if you can kick someone eh?

meanwhile.

Monday is THE best bin day

Back