Americans Favor Complete Eradication Of Hamas

Question for you Hamas/Palestine supporters:

The U.S. was attacked by terrorists in 2001, resulting in the deaths of thousands of people. Do you think that the U.S.'s response by attacking terrorist strongholds in Afghanistan created stronger anti-American sentiment around the world? And did you support those actions?

I am trying to be impartial and neutral here to the Israel/Palestine issue, but let's remember one thing: Hamas slaughtered innocent women and children. Not soldiers or military personnel on a battlefield. If you were around for and remember the feelings on September 8th (22 years ago now) why would you not sympathize with the Israelis response? Doesn't a country have a right to defend itself against (let's be clear here) pure unbridled evil?

So as the thread implies, I suspect that those Americans who do remember September 2001 (and probably a majority of them do) would likewise support the complete eradication of Hamas. Whether that is a feasable or even attainable goal, is the real question.

Lets start with the fact that there really is no fair comparison between the two events especially not unless you believe some of the whackier conspiracy theories. 9/11 at least from the POV of the average American was unprovoked. I don't think anybody even a child in Israel thinks this was unprovoked. They are probably taught something similar to what we teach our kids about "we didn't start this fight but we're going to end it" combined with "nobody knows how this started" which is a half lie.

That said fuck yeah we created new terrorists. They probably won't be as big a deal because we didn't hem them in for the entire lives and practice shooting fish in barrels. We definitely did. My opinion on 9/11 at the time is utterly irrelevant and that question would be better asked of people who were both older and not in Marine Recruit Training Center San Diego at the fucking time. My memories of 9/11 go back before 9/11 to my recruiter telling me when you start training they are gonna tell you a story about how we're going to war, its just to motivate you. Don't freak out.

Do you know what an 18 year old who woke up 9/10 sending out aol emails to friends and family and getting in a final game of Starcraft, spent the night in a motel and 9/11 people are telling you planes attacked the Twin Towers and the Pentagon? Why not tell me Godzilla got lost on the way to Tokyo. Its equally believable.

Either way the opinion of an 18 year old in the middle of a violent indoctrination program on global politics is completely null. That kid was stupid as shit. In hindsight we definitely fucked up and more or less "ignoring" Al Qaeda most likely nets us the same results with a lower bill.

So the argument here hinges on the fact that a bunch of people, people who generally thought their lives were safe, made an emotional response twenty plus years ago couldn't have learned.

Israelis live with, well not this shit but basically the occasional rocket is just that, the occasional rocket. The body counts are always very, very low and then they get to have fun "defending themselves". Not to put too fine a point on how people who feel safe react to slights there are Americans, and I don't mean punks on Lit or even pundits on Fox. I mean people with active or former elected officials that think attacking Mexico because we can't figure out how to get our kids Oxy legally so they are seeking alternative sources. Course like in Israel if you stop trying to justify this as "oh they are doing 'x'" and accept that race/creed IS the reason it makes a lot more sense.

While they are almost attempting to be subtle some of these same officials have said things similar to "Finish it" "make a parking lot" sort of things. Yes, I'm aware of the vile things HAMAS has said. How much of that they honestly believe, who the fuck knows. At the end of the day there is a world of difference even the most vile gangster talking shit about overtaking the government, and said government threatening to level an inner city. Fuck this equivalence nonsense we've rehearsed.

Oh no they went after civilians. Did we all skip history class cus bombing the ever loving shit out of civilians is how you win wars. You don't discriminate like that, often times you cannot. Either way there is no impartial this far in.

It took a little while for the fever to break depending on the person but these boards were around for 9/11. Even when I started being active there were lots and lots of truthers, lots of us who knew the Global War on Terror was immoral on a good day especially in Iraq.

In my thread there has been at least one comment made calling for the complete levelling of Gaza. Yes, there are people calling for it
SO WHAT? There are the same amount of Arabs calling for the destruction of Israel,,,or more

They have told civilians who want to leave to leave and they have provided a safe route out. there is a 24-hour deadline. The route terminates at the Egyptian border and will be closed on the deadline.
Safe route? The same safe route they bombed?
That one yeah?

You mean the route that Hamas bombed?
Hamas didn't bomb any border crossing.

That was your IDF combatants.

"Collective punishment" and all that.

You know, the sort of stuff we used to hang Nazis for.

Americans back ‘complete eradication’ of Hamas, 3 to 1​

Americans have a message for Israel’s plan to eradicate Hamas: Just do it.
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist
October 13, 2023 10:23 AM

Despite vocal pockets of opposition in liberal universities and the media, voters back Israel’s side in the war with Hamas in the Gaza Strip and blame Palestinians for the horrific crisis by about 5 to 1.

Rasmussen Reports tested the views of American voters on the conflict and found wide support for the Jewish state in its reaction to last weekend’s surprise assault by the terrorist group inside Israel.

In its latest survey shared with Secrets on Friday, voters backed Tel Aviv’s call for the “complete eradication of Hamas in Gaza” by a 3 to 1 margin, 66% to 19%. That included majorities of every group tested by Rasmussen.

By an even larger margin, likely voters tested by Rasmussen blamed the Palestinians for the war, 53% to 10%. Another 24% blame both sides. And that included all groups in the survey blaming the Palestinians.

More here: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ans-back-complete-eradication-of-hamas-3-to-1

The fact is Hamas does not respect the laws of war and as a terrorists force should not benefit from them either. We have to remember the people of Gaza voted for Hamas. Every member of Hamas and their supporters need to be killed and probably will be. The Gaza strip will become the biggest graveyard in Israel.
Says the people who can’t even find Palestine in a map.

Back