American Sentences

Marriott: Philosophy

She walks naked around the room. She is beautiful. That defines sex.

What people hate about me is that I work and work and work and work even in sleep but I cannot help it: knots prove irresistible to resless fingers.

Last edited:
now I am going to shoot hope. I spoke and knew they targeted my heart.

The coach said, you're always pushing away before you get close enough.

American Camp, San Juan Island

Rabbit, foxes, goldfinch, eagle, leaping deer. I saw much life today.

I'm So Confused

They said I might see a bear or fox but instead I saw a rabbi.

Mountain Twilight

The sky deepens, pours dark on the ridgelines. Lightning bugs flicker on, off.

ff90f606ca6fea7fcaaf700a2f325afc.jpg

Argument

Now, roses are in bloom. And you want to talk to me about beauty?

Nashville is over that ridge. It draws everything, lightning, voices, blood

Davos

I'm thinking of you in a deck chair in the mountains, like Hans Castorp.

Looking out over the Alps as one convalesces isn't the worst thing in the world. And reading, while wrapped in a blanket seems cozy. The Magic Mountain is good, but long. Perhaps Tender Is the Night?

Chemical Elevation

I'm almost as high as the sky and nowhere near as vast boo hoo blue.

(Currently reading Preparation For The Next Life by Atticus Lish. It's very good.)

Last edited:
Isis

I try my tongue. The word escapes me, suspended in the marvelous darkness within her.

Last edited:
Beauty

The best idea is to snip the blossoms before they shed petals.

Roses. Beautiful, needy, high maintenance. Reminds you of. . .

Books are precious, which book could you bare part with?
A novel, a history, a book of erotic poems? ... The last.

See, the gift of a book is in some ways a form of seduction. It's like giving part of oneself (a more articulate part of oneself) to someone. And, as boy, especially as boy giving the gift of a book to a woman whom one admires. . . well, there's a lot of inherent baggage associated with that.

So while one might want to gift her a book of erotic poems, it better be a damn good artistic collection of them. One she can appreciate as more than just versified come-ons to get the giftee into bed with the gifter.

All of which is making that history book look better as something one could part with. Barbara Tuchman, anyone? :cool:

Tzara;89274625 [size=1 said:
See, the gift of a book is in some ways a form of seduction. It's like giving part of oneself (a more articulate part of oneself) to someone. And, as boy, especially as boy giving the gift of a book to a woman whom one admires. . . well, there's a lot of inherent baggage associated with that.

So while one might want to gift her a book of erotic poems, it better be a damn good artistic collection of them. One she can appreciate as more than just versified come-ons to get the giftee into bed with the gifter.

All of which is making that history book look better as something one could part with. Barbara Tuchman, anyone? :cool:
[/size]

The Zimmerman Telegram?

Back