About to turn 40

Lmizzler

Goldilocks-JustRight
I'm within a month of turning 40 at this point. As a (nearly) 40 year old man, I'm worried. Are my days of sex beginning to dwindle?

I'm within a month of turning 40 at this point. As a (nearly) 40 year old man, I'm worried. Are my days of sex beginning to dwindle?

You're kind of vague. Do you mean the amount of sex you'll have once you turn 40? Or whether or not you'll perform as well as you did when you were 20? Personally, I think if you dwell on it too much, it may become a problem. Just enjoy having sex as long as you can get it up and find someplace to put it.

No. My one BF will be 41 in Jan. The other just turned 42. You'll be fine!

You're kind of vague. Do you mean the amount of sex you'll have once you turn 40? Or whether or not you'll perform as well as you did when you were 20? Personally, I think if you dwell on it too much, it may become a problem. Just enjoy having sex as long as you can get it up and find someplace to put it.

I suppose I didn't give much insight there. I do mean a little of both I suppose. More of the performance than the frequency. I suppose it's that classic mid-life crisis thing. Thankfully I'm not planning to go buy a Porsche this weekend-mostly cause I don't have the money.

I suppose if I need to start with pills I will but not hoping to go that route for years still.

No. My one BF will be 41 in Jan. The other just turned 42. You'll be fine!

Dear Jada, I am so glad for your ability of answerig the most complex questions ever on the basis of your exprience with two BFs.

I do not know what Imizzler would do without your valuable help.

Dude, I wouldn’t worry about that so much. I am over 60, trust me you have to roll with things. It’s sometime hard to do that.

Dear Jada, I am so glad for your ability of answerig the most complex questions ever on the basis of your exprience with two BFs.

Haha. some insight is better than no insight!

Why are you in this thread? Stalking me again? You didn't even attempt to answer him.

I suppose I didn't give much insight there. I do mean a little of both I suppose. More of the performance than the frequency. I suppose it's that classic mid-life crisis thing. Thankfully I'm not planning to go buy a Porsche this weekend-mostly cause I don't have the money.

I suppose if I need to start with pills I will but not hoping to go that route for years still.

That does help. Without getting too personal (and maybe this will), do you think or feel that you're not performing as well as opposed to 5 or 10 years ago?

Or is it just the psychological barrier of "I'm turning 40 so it's downhill all the way for me" thing?

I'm no psychologist, but I think you can talk your way into things to convince yourself that you can't perform as well as you have in the past. Please don't fall into that trap. Age ultimately is just a number. If your sex life is satisfactory to you right now, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Only if you think it will (unless you have some underlying health issue of course) - the mind is a great lowerer and raiser of desire and performance!

That does help. Without getting too personal (and maybe this will), do you think or feel that you're not performing as well as opposed to 5 or 10 years ago?

Or is it just the psychological barrier of "I'm turning 40 so it's downhill all the way for me" thing?

I'm no psychologist, but I think you can talk your way into things to convince yourself that you can't perform as well as you have in the past. Please don't fall into that trap. Age ultimately is just a number. If your sex life is satisfactory to you right now, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It really is just more of a psychological thing. But I have wondered what it is going to do physically.

I've had several good replies on here and in Private Message.
Ultimately it seems the consensus is that it's only an age. You can make it what you want. Don't let my mind trick me into anything.

Considering myself a finely aged bourbon from now on. More smooth and enjoyable with age!

Rightly Said Cat, Age is just a numerical Number. I have experienced the passion and warmth with older females which were largely missing with relatively younger ladies. Don’t think 💭 much about your biological number just wear your heart at sleeve.

I don't know what your situation is - married, partnered, single, whatever - but for me, I think I really discovered sex after 40! I had plenty of it early on, but, in reflection, it was mostly encounters, some meaningful relationships, no doubt, but the sex just seemed more unimagined. After 40 I started to appreciate and open myself up to different experiences. I found I also became more appreciative of the desires of my partners and became more of a giver than a taker (though not so black and white of a transition).

After 40 I went through a "dark" period and sought sex that became quite reckless, but despite that, I connected with some amazing women and couples over the years. I don't miss the random hook-ups at all, but do miss the more meaningful connections and explorations.

I think so much has to do with mindset and it is impossible to really generalize. Maturity, professional (and economic) security, emotional balance, and just general being healthy can really enhance your sexual life, if that is what you desire...

Just a few days away now and enjoyed some great sex this morning and hoping for more tonight. 40 may not be so bad after all!

If you're good at 39 years and 364 days, you should be fine at 40 years.

I would say on the contrary. You are on you prime and heading to some of the best years.

Good News

Today I turn 40 and haven't died yet! Haha!
Seizing the Day!

Back