A time to live and a place to die

I will read this thread now because people die all the time, and I don't think much about it.

Bert, about your friend : I am really glad. I have been wondering what happened. :rose:

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there is a difference for me, you know. Because in the other room I shall be able to see -Helen Keller.

sometimes when i sit here i can feel my life slowly slipping away. it's just barely on the rim of perception, but that has to be it. like sand from the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. where have i heard that before? is it chi? i'm not a big subscriber to all the hocus pocus ramblings of shamans and witch doctors, but damn, somebody has to figure it out, or not.

makes me consider sleeping in a big ziplock bag...like michael jackson. (he wasn't crazy, nope). how many mils of plastic are sufficient to contain a life force? come to find out, mike quit sleeping. my guess is he got a tap on the shoulder from one of those guys i don't subscribe to. hey, buddy, time's up. sparkly glove wearin' weirdo.

time to go zip up.

Yikes. I hope that I am not destined to be battered, and deep fried. I must be nearing legal size, by now. What kept throwing me back ?

glimpses

people rarely let you see them. if you watch, and pay attention, they will slip and little bits will reveal themselves. it may not be enough to fill in the complete picture, but you can start to get the idea of a person's makeup.

he's old.
he probably won't survive the fall.
and that's too bad.
the picture was a good one.

what makes a person cling to life so?

Totally depends on the individual.

The security of the known...

...to some.

But, obviously not to others...

...evidenced by them not wanting to live at all.

One may cling to the comfort of the known...

...while the other intentionally cuts the cord for the unknown.

But, honestly, on such a general question - as with all such general ponderings - it's impossible to reach any conclusiveness...

...so, I'm sticking with "the known" in this particular case.

Spasm

Gas and hardening of the arteries just below the waist band?

Last edited:
28 lbs of human modeling clay

just saw a pic of my grandson on fb. his whole life stands before him and he has no idea what possibilities exist or what awaits him. i'll get to see only such a small slice of it, and it makes me sad.

Back