A Man Clicked On A Social Media Ad and Something Amazing Happened.

Should we start a thread for not super well adjusted to life adults and what we can not handle? I'm guessing we would get a fair amount of replies. :)
Yes, like SOME dirty talk is good but it gets routine. Alot of people use the same words....think "baby batter"...ew.
You are looking for a soul mate, I think. That is why the qualities are so undefined. Me too, though I have really given up. I am a lone soul, and that is ok.
I actually am impressed by an extremely good dirty talker that can get under my skin, then talk to me about my favourite things....but he is very rare. The smartest guys are too reserved, usually...
Or perhaps this thread can serve that purpose. A great many of us are reserved, socially awkward, not always sure how to break the ice. I've gotten more than a few decades under my belt and I am still in that boat. Thing is, being awkward is OK. It just takes longer to find peace, as it were.

And soul mates aren't real. When I reflect back on my life I can think of several people I have known that would have been great long-term intimate partners. It just so happens that my wife became, well, my wife. The others were right person, wrong time.

Oh, and undefined qualities can also be good. It gives more options. Wait, when did I become a libertine?

As for too smart, well, given the Dalgona name who is the most clever person in the room? Hint: it ain't me.

Last edited:
A bump and reply.....
Yup, I agree that soul mates are not real. Perhaps the human experience should be a bit lonely. It reminds us who to ultimately rely on. Of course, just chatting with like minds can ease our experience on earth a bit. Though, if someone says they met their soul mate and they feel this 20 years later, I am highly impressed. The 20 years later is my cue to be in awwwww.
Oh and Panda is/was the smartest in the room! She is the pride of China! ( Panda Bear reference. Dont know where she lives, really.)

QUOTE=jackburns;94639885]Or perhaps this thread can serve that purpose. A great many of us are reserved, socially awkward, not always sure how to break the ice. I've gotten more than a few decades under my belt and I am still in that boat. Thing is, being awkward is OK. It just takes longer to find peace, as it were.

And soul mates aren't real. When I reflect back on my life I can think of several people I have known that would have been great long-term intimate partners. It just so happens that my wife became, well, my wife. The others were right person, wrong time.

Oh, and undefined qualities can also be good. It gives more options. Wait, when did I become a libertine?

As for too smart, well, given the Dalgona name who is the most clever person in the room? Hint: it ain't me.[/QUOTE]

A bump and reply.....
Yup, I agree that soul mates are not real. Perhaps the human experience should be a bit lonely. It reminds us who to ultimately rely on. Of course, just chatting with like minds can ease our experience on earth a bit. Though, if someone says they met their soul mate and they feel this 20 years later, I am highly impressed. The 20 years later is my cue to be in awwwww.
Oh and Panda is/was the smartest in the room! She is the pride of China! ( Panda Bear reference. Dont know where she lives, really.)

QUOTE=jackburns;94639885]Or perhaps this thread can serve that purpose. A great many of us are reserved, socially awkward, not always sure how to break the ice. I've gotten more than a few decades under my belt and I am still in that boat. Thing is, being awkward is OK. It just takes longer to find peace, as it were.

As for too smart, well, given the Dalgona name who is the most clever person in the room? Hint: it ain't me.
[/QUOTE]
About 10 years ago I met a gentleman named Irving. At the time he was 86 years old and had been married for 60 years. I asked once what the key to such a long relationship was. "When we were first married I took her dancing every weekend. Now we make sure each other has taken their daily medications."

Jack,
You are resourceful, judging by your profile in the game!..and you have been playing about a week.
Next me and yous should talk records....I am such the audiophile that I can even talk wax cylinders, as I am a big fan of early century Victrola music.
See ya down there!
L
QUOTE=jackburns;94636469]
You did find me. Apparently we must be on the same "Setting" for me to accept your calling card. The online help is... calling it "lacking" would be generous. The Wiki is a whole new realm of uselessness. However, I am nothing if not resourceful.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with Reginas? https://reginamusicboxes.com/

We Bare Bear,
I do have people looking
out for vintage music boxes for me....But these are the best of the best. Growing up, my BFF had one in her fancy parlor and it played 12 songs. Once a week, at least, we practiced our ballet and tap skills to this classic music. Thanks for the link..I might just treat myself to one, as I did not know they were still made.
Know of any good 8 track manufacturers?
You did find me. Apparently we must be on the same "Setting" for me to accept your calling card. The online help is... calling it "lacking" would be generous. The Wiki is a whole new realm of uselessness. However, I am nothing if not resourceful.
[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with Reginas? https://reginamusicboxes.com/[/QUOTE]

We Bare Bear,
I do have people looking
out for vintage music boxes for me....But these are the best of the best. Growing up, my BFF had one in her fancy parlor and it played 12 songs. Once a week, at least, we practiced our ballet and tap skills to this classic music. Thanks for the link..I might just treat myself to one, as I did not know they were still made.
Know of any good 8 track manufacturers?

Are you familiar with Reginas? https://reginamusicboxes.com/[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
I don't know of anyone manufacturing 8-track machines. Maybe someone's doing a kickstarter, but stay away from those. I see cassette stuff come through and it's all really REALLY cheap components and units sourced from Alibaba. A used 8=track is somewhat easy to repair. Usually they just need new belts and maybe a playback head adjustment. Most of the 70s machines are pre-chip and replacement transistors and capacitors are realatively easy to come by. As I'm sure you know the cartridges are easy enough to refurbish as long as you don't have to take them apart.

Forums are all new and swtiched around. I'll take the opportunity to bump myself. Because if you can't enjoy bumping yourself, who else can you bump?

Back