A Man Clicked On A Social Media Ad and Something Amazing Happened.

jackburns

titles are for egos
The amazing thing is that someone is selling (and people are probably buying) a $300 countertop contraption for growing greens and it looks like it's made out of some PVC pipes and plastic troughs. I'm in the wrong line of work.

Ah yes, it’s been what, two years since we heard some news stories out of China about this virus thing that may cause a problem? Times flies fast when unvaccinated people are clogging the hospitals and I can’t get my rotator cuff surgery. Ever try to shovel snow when you can’t lift your arm up all the way? Damn me for procrastinating on the snow blower repair. At least I have an excuse not to go walking up my iced-up driveway.

While the red beans and rice simmer in the slow cooker, because what better way to fill one’s tummy than with a savory batch of red beans and rice, here I sit to compose. I should be browsing through the boxes of my record collection picking my new years’ set. But yeah, I’ll be celebrating an omicron new year this year. Speaking of which, isn’t that the planet that Khan in Star Trek was exiled to? What business does he have bringing a novel virus to our midst? Ooooh, bet that becomes conspiracy theory fodder for 2022.
Which can also be written as “2020-too”.

It’s Wednesday and I’m starting to get really bored with deciphering the social media ads that are generated for me. Heated sidewalk melters I can see, assuming the interwebs know all about my rotator cuff (hint: they probably do). Not that I’m going to dish out the $2000 I would need to cover my sidewalks and driveways. Certainly not when the product says it only lasts 3-4 years. Shoot, underwear lasts longer than that. At least the underwear that doesn’t come straight from Ali Baba does.

I’m not getting metal bird things with a large spike I can pound into a tree. Or the machine washable rugs; where I’m from we call such things “blankets”. Or a plug-in sized space heater that says it will head a room, even though it uses not even half the wattage a toaster uses. If it can’t crisp up my English muffins it ain’t keeping my ancient house warm.

Here’s the scoop. I would like quality conversation. You would like quality conversation. Doesn’t have to be about sex all the time, but my God, look at the URL of this website. And why else would an otherwise well-adjusted adult be posting here? Wait, you’re telling me well-adjusted adults don’t visit this site?

God dammit.

Time to copy and past from my post from long ago. You are smart. Emotionally you’re well put together. You’re open-minded in the truest sense of the word. Doesn’t matter if you are well-travelled or not. It would be nice if you read, I dunno, a good book now and then and maybe a magazine that isn’t found at supermarket checkouts. You can be from any part of the country too. Or maybe even overseas, but I warn you that I failed both Spanish and French in high school and college. And somehow still made the honor roll. Then again, Google Translate does spit out some interesting sentences.

What else. You can be married or not. I am, and frankly I love it. The chances we will ever meet are so close to zero that there is no concern that anyone’s domestic bliss will be threatened. It’s good if you have a minimum number of pets, specifically dogs/cats. Two is good; three is pushing it, anything more than that and you may be an animal hoarder. Or a farmer who needs work dogs or barn cats to control vermin. For that I guess I can grant a waiver. Even if you aren’t a farmer, you at least like the outdoors and understand that you don’t need an entire backpack full of food and a $300 walking stick to enjoy a nice hike.

Overall, you’re a respectable person, looked up to in the community except by that weird neighbor down the street who can’t figure out why you don’t at least wave every damn time they see you in the supermarket. The main thing is, like me, most people wouldn’t expect that you enjoy talking about adult subjects such as sex.

About me: average looking; safe to say it’s my brains that have gotten me to where I am today. Introverted. More of a homebody/hobbit than a globetrotter. Lover of great food, mid-century music, not mid-century furniture. I also love words; can you tell? My bookshelves are half-filled with books, a few of which I have yet to read, and half-filled with records, and all have been listened to at least once. Wait, that’s a lie. One shelf has a clock that needs winding. Thinks the typical American male dresses with way too many earth tones. A splash of color never hurt anyone. I have no real perversions: I’m not going to call you names, I’m not going to be your daddy (or son for that matter), I think pain during sex is flat-out odd (I don’t want to feel pain while getting a blow job, that’s for sure). I don’t have any fetishes. In fact, you can look through all the posts of very specific interests that people are looking to fill and I probably conform to none of them.

Oh well, this is going to fill my inbox to overflowing. I’ll have to log in once an hour just to delete things. Good thing I won't be busy outside shovelling snow.

Very funny!

If I was not a terrible correspondent, I would click ya.

The amazing thing is that someone is selling (and people are probably buying) a $300 countertop contraption for growing greens and it looks like it's made out of some PVC pipes and plastic troughs. I'm in the wrong line of work.

Ah yes, it’s been what, two years since we heard some news stories out of China about this virus thing that may cause a problem? Times flies fast when unvaccinated people are clogging the hospitals and I can’t get my rotator cuff surgery. Ever try to shovel snow when you can’t lift your arm up all the way? Damn me for procrastinating on the snow blower repair. At least I have an excuse not to go walking up my iced-up driveway.

While the red beans and rice simmer in the slow cooker, because what better way to fill one’s tummy than with a savory batch of red beans and rice, here I sit to compose. I should be browsing through the boxes of my record collection picking my new years’ set. But yeah, I’ll be celebrating an omicron new year this year. Speaking of which, isn’t that the planet that Khan in Star Trek was exiled to? What business does he have bringing a novel virus to our midst? Ooooh, bet that becomes conspiracy theory fodder for 2022.
Which can also be written as “2020-too”.

It’s Wednesday and I’m starting to get really bored with deciphering the social media ads that are generated for me. Heated sidewalk melters I can see, assuming the interwebs know all about my rotator cuff (hint: they probably do). Not that I’m going to dish out the $2000 I would need to cover my sidewalks and driveways. Certainly not when the product says it only lasts 3-4 years. Shoot, underwear lasts longer than that. At least the underwear that doesn’t come straight from Ali Baba does.

I’m not getting metal bird things with a large spike I can pound into a tree. Or the machine washable rugs; where I’m from we call such things “blankets”. Or a plug-in sized space heater that says it will head a room, even though it uses not even half the wattage a toaster uses. If it can’t crisp up my English muffins it ain’t keeping my ancient house warm.

Here’s the scoop. I would like quality conversation. You would like quality conversation. Doesn’t have to be about sex all the time, but my God, look at the URL of this website. And why else would an otherwise well-adjusted adult be posting here? Wait, you’re telling me well-adjusted adults don’t visit this site?

God dammit.

Time to copy and past from my post from long ago. You are smart. Emotionally you’re well put together. You’re open-minded in the truest sense of the word. Doesn’t matter if you are well-travelled or not. It would be nice if you read, I dunno, a good book now and then and maybe a magazine that isn’t found at supermarket checkouts. You can be from any part of the country too. Or maybe even overseas, but I warn you that I failed both Spanish and French in high school and college. And somehow still made the honor roll. Then again, Google Translate does spit out some interesting sentences.

What else. You can be married or not. I am, and frankly I love it. The chances we will ever meet are so close to zero that there is no concern that anyone’s domestic bliss will be threatened. It’s good if you have a minimum number of pets, specifically dogs/cats. Two is good; three is pushing it, anything more than that and you may be an animal hoarder. Or a farmer who needs work dogs or barn cats to control vermin. For that I guess I can grant a waiver. Even if you aren’t a farmer, you at least like the outdoors and understand that you don’t need an entire backpack full of food and a $300 walking stick to enjoy a nice hike.

Overall, you’re a respectable person, looked up to in the community except by that weird neighbor down the street who can’t figure out why you don’t at least wave every damn time they see you in the supermarket. The main thing is, like me, most people wouldn’t expect that you enjoy talking about adult subjects such as sex.

About me: average looking; safe to say it’s my brains that have gotten me to where I am today. Introverted. More of a homebody/hobbit than a globetrotter. Lover of great food, mid-century music, not mid-century furniture. I also love words; can you tell? My bookshelves are half-filled with books, a few of which I have yet to read, and half-filled with records, and all have been listened to at least once. Wait, that’s a lie. One shelf has a clock that needs winding. Thinks the typical American male dresses with way too many earth tones. A splash of color never hurt anyone. I have no real perversions: I’m not going to call you names, I’m not going to be your daddy (or son for that matter), I think pain during sex is flat-out odd (I don’t want to feel pain while getting a blow job, that’s for sure). I don’t have any fetishes. In fact, you can look through all the posts of very specific interests that people are looking to fill and I probably conform to none of them.

Oh well, this is going to fill my inbox to overflowing. I’ll have to log in once an hour just to delete things. Good thing I won't be busy outside shovelling snow.

If I was not a terrible correspondent, I would click ya.
No worries. As someone who also indulges in the occasional video game and Tom Waits listening experience, I will not judge. Besides, you're probably not terrible. Corresponding may not be your thing. Maybe I'll try this Fallen London thing...

I do much better corresponding in the game, semi in character, which is really just me in a fancy dress and mask...might be something to check out. 😁 it is free with no ads....
You are tempting....A Tom Waits fan?
Uh oh.....

No worries. As someone who also indulges in the occasional video game and Tom Waits listening experience, I will not judge. Besides, you're probably not terrible. Corresponding may not be your thing. Maybe I'll try this Fallen London thing...

You're a hoot.
Check out my profile. If there's anything that interests you, write me back.

I do much better corresponding in the game, semi in character, which is really just me in a fancy dress and mask...might be something to check out. 😁 it is free with no ads....
You are tempting....A Tom Waits fan?
Uh oh.....
So far i have missed the good fortune of bumping into you. I have seduced an artist's model, enhanced my pickpocketing skills, acquired a pet squid, and written some erotic fiction for profit. So there is that.

So far i have missed the good fortune of bumping into you. I have seduced an artist's model, enhanced my pickpocketing skills, acquired a pet squid, and written some erotic fiction for profit. So there is that.

Did you name the pet squid? Don’t leave out the important bits!!

Did you name the pet squid? Don’t leave out the important bits!!
I have not named the pet squid thing. I wonder if I can. I will check the next time I log in. Do you have any suggestions? (Not Squidward.)

You actually can name all your pets! I have about 50, even people pets.

Are you enjoying the dark world? Let me see if I can hunt you down, Jack. Otherwise, I will PM you for your user name.:)

QUOTE=jackburns;94630375]So far i have missed the good fortune of bumping into you. I have seduced an artist's model, enhanced my pickpocketing skills, acquired a pet squid, and written some erotic fiction for profit. So there is that.[/QUOTE]

“Squashbuckler” I like. “Squishbuckler” if I’m feeling more humorous when I figure out where to change the name. I’ll save “Dalgona” for the next creature I get a chance to name.

Am I liking it? I’m still getting my bearings, getting my skills shaped into those of the player I wish to be. And still figuring out the basic mechanics too. As for finding me, the user name is Tom Waits-influenced, if that helps at all. Not that Tom Waits writes a lot of songs in the dark gothic penny dreadful name, but some of his later work especially strikes a similar theme to me.

Dalgona will be my second choice should i find another weird creature in this game.

Panda girl

Come play. :)

QUOTE=pandaburr;94631868]I was going to suggest Dalgona. Squashbuckler is much better![/QUOTE]

Omg

So fun! I tried ,Poor Richard, Alice, Black Rider, Bad as Me, then I found you! I was about to try Don't Go Into That Barn and weirder....but I got ya, Eyeball kid!

QUOTE=jackburns;94633787]“Squashbuckler” I like. “Squishbuckler” if I’m feeling more humorous when I figure out where to change the name. I’ll save “Dalgona” for the next creature I get a chance to name.

Am I liking it? I’m still getting my bearings, getting my skills shaped into those of the player I wish to be. And still figuring out the basic mechanics too. As for finding me, the user name is Tom Waits-influenced, if that helps at all. Not that Tom Waits writes a lot of songs in the dark gothic penny dreadful name, but some of his later work especially strikes a similar theme to me.[/QUOTE]

You said, "Not that Tom Waits writes a lot of songs in the dark gothic penny dreadful name, but some of his later work especially strikes a similar theme to me."[/quote

Dude's brilliant life is a Penny Dreadful! As is mine, though far less poetic.

You said, "Doesn’t have to be about sex all the time, but my God, look at the URL of this website. And why else would an otherwise well-adjusted adult be posting here? Wait, you’re telling me well-adjusted adults don’t visit this site?"......*I am sick of Reddit!*
I won't lie. I might not be super well adjusted to life as we know it....but, honestly, some of us did not come on here for dirty talk. I thought I could talk to writers, then my computer broke, so I can not publish, and I admire the authors on this site too much to act like I am one when I am replying on a phone.
I'm gunna mentor you but good in FL.

So fun! I tried ,Poor Richard, Alice, Black Rider, Bad as Me, then I found you! I was about to try Don't Go Into That Barn and weirder....but I got ya, Eyeball kid!

QUOTE=jackburns;94633787]“Squashbuckler” I like. “Squishbuckler” if I’m feeling more humorous when I figure out where to change the name. I’ll save “Dalgona” for the next creature I get a chance to name.

Am I liking it? I’m still getting my bearings, getting my skills shaped into those of the player I wish to be. And still figuring out the basic mechanics too. As for finding me, the user name is Tom Waits-influenced, if that helps at all. Not that Tom Waits writes a lot of songs in the dark gothic penny dreadful name, but some of his later work especially strikes a similar theme to me.
[/QUOTE]
You did find me. Apparently we must be on the same "Setting" for me to accept your calling card. The online help is... calling it "lacking" would be generous. The Wiki is a whole new realm of uselessness. However, I am nothing if not resourceful.

Last edited:
You said, "Doesn’t have to be about sex all the time, but my God, look at the URL of this website. And why else would an otherwise well-adjusted adult be posting here? Wait, you’re telling me well-adjusted adults don’t visit this site?"......*I am sick of Reddit!*
I won't lie. I might not be super well adjusted to life as we know it....but, honestly, some of us did not come on here for dirty talk. I thought I could talk to writers, then my computer broke, so I can not publish, and I admire the authors on this site too much to act like I am one when I am replying on a phone.
I'm gunna mentor you but good in FL.

I guess count me in as one of those “not super well adjusted to life” adults that frequents here and is not looking for dirty talk…or at least not always. Somehow I end up fearing talking to anyone who sounds..umm… “too smart”? and then end up in a terrible loop of never getting what I want but can’t figure out why. Okay, maybe not NEVER but that’s the usual cycle. Anyway, who knows what the purpose of spilling all of that was but chalk it up to I’m socially awkward and can’t help it. All the shrugs.

Should we start a thread for not super well adjusted to life adults and what we can not handle? I'm guessing we would get a fair amount of replies. :)
Yes, like SOME dirty talk is good but it gets routine. Alot of people use the same words....think "baby batter"...ew.
You are looking for a soul mate, I think. That is why the qualities are so undefined. Me too, though I have really given up. I am a lone soul, and that is ok.
I actually am impressed by an extremely good dirty talker that can get under my skin, then talk to me about my favourite things....but he is very rare. The smartest guys are too reserved, usually...

I guess count me in as one of those “not super well adjusted to life” adults that frequents here and is not looking for dirty talk…or at least not always. Somehow I end up fearing talking to anyone who sounds..umm… “too smart”? and then end up in a terrible loop of never getting what I want but can’t figure out why. Okay, maybe not NEVER but that’s the usual cycle. Anyway, who knows what the purpose of spilling all of that was but chalk it up to I’m socially awkward and can’t help it. All the shrugs.

Jack,
You are resourceful, judging by your profile in the game!..and you have been playing about a week.
Next me and yous should talk records....I am such the audiophile that I can even talk wax cylinders, as I am a big fan of early century Victrola music.
See ya down there!
L
QUOTE=jackburns;94636469][/QUOTE]
You did find me. Apparently we must be on the same "Setting" for me to accept your calling card. The online help is... calling it "lacking" would be generous. The Wiki is a whole new realm of uselessness. However, I am nothing if not resourceful.[/QUOTE]

Back