A Bird and a Guardian (closed for Mayu)

Everything around her had been dark most of her life, until she met with Darcy and his wife, every thing just seemed so simple yet hard at the same time. She did not know what would happen, everything that had happened. And then thinking about what happened to her mother, it was something hard to think about. But things happened for a reason her mother use to say, but she never believed it. To many people have died to be because it was just that way, things just sucked sometimes.

Her father was a monster and her mothers tribe saw that, not all "white men" are the same. Darcy was different then her father. He was a monster in the eyes of the law, but he killed those who were not innocent. She kept taps on who all he had killed, and not one of them were innocent people. Almost like a serial killer who kills just all serial killers, she did not agree with death of the innocent, but she did agree with those he had killed. And should have seen this coming.

But then hearing what he said and when he slipped up saying what he had, she realized just how much she did mean to him. It was nice to be able to feel such things, it was nice to be able to understand people. But really its his kind of thing that she did not do very well with, right now she was with Darcy and knew that he would not want to destroy the vows he gave his wife. And realized she would never force him, Nat was like her mother. Always a mother figure to her.

She knew then perhaps they were never meant to be, but she would continue to help him just the same. She refused to allow anyone to hurt her family, because that would have been not a good thing. Everything around her just seemed to stop. And it was something that had to be done. Smiling as she felt his lips against her forehead, closing her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek. "It may have not been my fault, but still. You and Nat always encouraged my ability. Yet I couldn't use it when it mattered most"

She wrapped her arms around the man she loved, and smiled a little. She felt warmth from him, and even felt his version of love for a friend that he had. She loved him more then anything and knew something had to happen. When she pulled away a bit she nodded to him, and sighed. "So what is the next step in your hunt Darcy?" she said smiling at him, showing he wasn't alone and never would be. Looking back at the bird she smiled "you know something little friend?"

He shook his head slowly, amazed at her loyalty and devotion to them. "You couldn't have known, Ed." A bitter laugh escaped him. "Even with as long as you'd known me, you couldn't have possibly thought I'd be stupid enough to think that one brush with death would be enough to keep them off of my back." Darcy's thoughts went back to that night, and he knew he would've killed them if he had to. Or at least if he thought he did. But he misjudged it, though that threatening them to within an inch of their miserable little lives would work for letting him and Nadine live in peace.

He felt Eden's arms draw around him, and leaned into them involuntarily; going further and further into the pleasant abyss that threatened to take him. "So what is the next step in your hunt Darcy?" As he paused in thought to Eden's question, she turned to the bird. "You know something little friend?"

It took every inch of Darcy's willpower to not glare the bird out of the room. Just give us some space, damnit. And then his face froze, almost smirking at the notion that he was thinking of the crow as an independent being. Seemingly satisfied with his intrusion, the bird flapped off to parts unknown, and Darcy slowed his breathing.

"Now, we set them against each other.
" Darcy squeezed his eyes shut, his head spinning with the events of the last two days; the danger they'd been in, Mady's likely sacrifice... "Plant some evidence, spread some rumours as best we can...ambush a few gang members and make them think the police did it, and vice versa." His head flopped back. "Think we should plot more of that out in the morning, though."

Get up, go to bed. Say you're tired, say you're-

"For now, though...." He turned to look into her eyes. Her wide, innocent, wanting eyes. All Eden had given him was love and acceptance, in a world that had none left for him with Nadine's departure. Darcy all but visibly fought competing urges; the physical urge to explore her body and the mental urge to stay true to his dead wife.

But she wouldn't have expected this-

Darcy didn't know who leaned in first as he turned fully towards her, inches becoming centimeters, becoming nothing as his lips met hers. And then didn't leave them.

Eden looked at him and did not know what was going to happen next, everything that just seemed different. She did not know what was going to happen, she was worried that something would happen that was not planned. Which was why she went to the bird for information. Since she could read him just fine, she loved the little guy it was sweet. But Darcy she knew he found the bird annoying as hell. If only he knew what was going on, right now things were nice.

But then she looked at him and could not help but smile, hearing what Darcy wanted she nodded and sighed. She nodded a little bit and smiled a bit, right now everything just seemed so different. When he told her what he wanted she knew she could make it happen but it would be very hard, but she nodded to him. She would do what he wanted, she would go where he wanted. It was what friends did for each other, and he was important to her that much she knew.

But watching him something seemed a bit different, it looked like he was fighting in his head and it made her wonder a whole lot of things. She smiled a little and knew that everything would be okay in time. Right now she was not clear on what was going to happen, but she just watched him closely. Since it was just the two of them, it was really nice to take moments like this to relax. So she allowed everything to just come to her, watching as he seemed like he was struggling.

But then when he leaned in and she felt his lips on hers, her eyes showed surprise. She never thought it would go this far, she knew he loved his wife and always would. And she loved his wife as a mother, so that was why she did not push him any more. She would never do that. Grinning a bit she could not help but relax. Sighing a bit as everything just seemed different. Grinning a little everything just seemed different and nice. Her heart was beating quickly.

The relaxing and sigh that escaped Eden at their physical contact almost made Darcy feel guilty as he pulled back. It wasn't because he didn't enjoy the feel of her against him, or the taste of her lips; if anything the all too brief experience of their kiss made him want to deepen the sensations. To push harder against her, hug her closer, to see if she was as willing to do this as he was, to remove whatever artificial boundaries that had been set by people that didn't understand, by forces who didn't understand how lonely he was, how desperate he was for-

NO. Not yet.

Darcy blinked. That hadn't come from him, or at least he thought it hadn't, as his eyes turned back to Eden's smile. He tried to match it, but something inside of him...or outside of him...was preventing it.

His lips trembled. Darcy loved her, he knew he did, but as his eyes squeezed closed, he wondered how exactly to express it. She wasn't a friend, but not someone to be treated as merely a lover, a passing fancy to fill the time until...

With suddenness, he broke contact with her. "I...." He grabbed at his beer, taking a huge swig of it. "...need some air." He got up slowly, trying to smile at her as he did. "Don't wait up."

His movements were urgent, quick, and sudden, as he grabbed his jacket and went outside. Trying to find solitude in a world that refused it to him, the crow seemingly coming in from nowhere to his side.

Darcy turned to him with scorn. "You'd better know what you're doing. That woman is everything to me now." Time flowed freely until we went back inside, during the time of day when night blended in to morning.

OOC: If you want, Mayu, my next post will pick it up some time later. I have plans :)

Eden felt lost when he had kissed her, but when he broke it the silence very bitter. She did not know if she had done something, looking at him she could see something there on his face. And it made her sad honestly, looking down she heard what he said and heard him leave. She slowly looked forward as sadness racked her body as she felt so lost and alone here. Right now everything just seemed to hit her hard. Life was so complicated it wasn't even funny, and right now she just wanted to cry.

She had not really cried for much because she bottled it all up, she hadn't cried since her mother died until the two of them had been killed. She walked over to a closet and opened it up, she took out a box and then a photo album. She had kept this safe from her father for years, she sat down on the couch and began to look through all of the pictures. She had about four hundred photos of the three of them. It was hard to look at them, because it made her remember the hurt.

Running her fingers over the pictures as memories flooded her head, closing her eyes as she silently cried. Tears streaming down her face as she was brought back to when she found both dead. It almost destroyed her, but she knew she would lose Darcy again and she did not know what to do then. She knew the last man who became the crow was still alive, but she was the only one who knew it. She opened up her eyes as she sighed sadly, closing the photo album.

Eden walked over to her piano and sat down, she had not played in a very long time. But she kept it tuned and ran her fingers over the keys. Something deep down was pulling her, and she did not know what the hell it was. Right now it was something she did not want, she wanted to be with Darcy. But knew it was selfish to think such things, his wife was everything to her as well. And she began to play a tune on the piano, just something that came to her as she sang.

Song

"2am, where do I begin
Crying off my face again
The silent sound of loneliness
Wants to follow me to bed!

I'm the ghost of a girl
That I want to be most
I'm the shell of a girl
That I used to know well

Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again

Too afraid, to go inside
For the pain of one more loveless night
Cause the loneliness will stay with me
And hold me till I fall asleep

I'm the ghost of a girl
That I want to be most
I'm the shell of a girl
That I used to know well

To take my heart again

Broken pieces of
A barely breathing story
Where there once was love
Now there's only me
And the lonely...

To take my heart again..."

A few weeks later...

They had walked together for a couple of minutes, with Eden's car now a safe distance away, Darcy pressed himself against a brick wall. Several buildings away from the hideout, but now at the point where there was no turning back. The crow was perched nearby, near an abandoned window, watching over them as if it new they were near a tipping point. Which they were. Only the fair whistling of the air broke the silence near them; nobody for blocks aside from them. It was late evening. Or it could've been early morning the next day, Darcy wasn't sure.

What he was sure about was that they were approaching the gang's hideout. The people who had taken his wife away from him. The only reason they were together now, working in unison as they had during their scheming and plotting while trying to pit the city's biggest gang against the corrupt police force, ran by Eden's father.

It was the face of the crow that peered around the corner now. Darcy's face and hands were ghost-white; both due to the makeup he and Eden had put on it, and whatever supernatural forces had taken hold of him. His lips and eyes were as black as the crow that was perched above them now. Throughout their escapades, he'd felt himself getting stronger, better able to take punishment, more endurance...he could've sworn that he was able to take a bullet, too.

An ability that would have served him well that evening....

Darcy shook off his reverie, giving a hard, determined look to his partner. "Ready?" He gave her as reassuring a look as he could; the distance between them had settled over the past few weeks, even with as much time as they'd spent together, they weren't getting any closer. Something had changed that night that they'd kissed, and an uneasiness had settled in. They were still friends, they still loved each other but...something wasn't there. The physical contact had been uneasy; the glances and smiles loaded with something palpable and tense. Darcy bit back a sight; his skin was cold, and it wasn't the night, or the power of the crow.

It was the knowledge of what they were about to do. To finish this, let him have his revenge, leaving Eden with the easier, but still unenviable task of dealing with her father, one way or another.

Darcy gave another check of his weapon before holstering it. "Stay close." He whispered, instinctively grabbing for, and then not taking a hold of Eden's hand. Deliberately, and slowly, he lead the way to the sidewalk, towards the rough chain link fence that served as the 'entrance' to the gang's hideout. Darcy was hoping to avoid a shootout, but still knew that there would be death dealt that night...

Things were changing between them it was hard and now it was a fact that everything was going steady right now was a lot going on. Her heart beating quickly it was a moment in time that meant the world to her. Now as it was everything just seemed to be silent, her relationship with Darcy was different. She could feel something there and did not know what others would say, but as it was right now she was content. She took what he gave her and appreciated it, they would share looks and what not.

Everything was just so damn different now, her heart beating quickly as she could not help but because of everything she would not push him. Eden could since the power that was coming from Darcy, he was becoming more and more the crow and knew he could take bullets as long as the crow was safe. Looking up seeing the movements of the bird, but she felt something was wrong. Though was quite about it for a while, sighing a little as everything just seemed that much nicer and grinned.

But placing her hand on his chest to stop him, she leaned her back against the wall and closed her eyes. She could see what the crow could see, she saw the outline of the area and it was far from clear. She opened up her eyes and getting down low she headed for a computer that was in a cove so to speak. Standing up she motioned for him to keep a look out, smiling a bit as she began to hack it. She knew what she was looking for and had to do something, as her eyes scanned the area.

Then with a couple things she shut down all the security cameras which would help them, smiling a bit as she looked around. She took something out of her pocket, put it in the USB and grinned as it introduced a virus that she had. Now it was time to kick some ass she thought, and hearing people coming she got into the darkness, since she was wearing black. Her heart was in her throat beating so hard, she was worried, scared all sorts of things. In that moment in time she could not help herself.

Her heart was beating to the point where she wanted to pass out, but she stayed true to herself and grinned big time. Her eyes searching things and knew the man around had to be taken out, she quickly moved behind him covering his mouth, and pinching a part of the mans neck where he was out cold. And dragged him into the darkness, checking his pulse to make sure she didn't accidentally kill him. Her eyes scanning Darcy and smiled at him, putting her guard down a little bit sighing.

"What now?" She whispered.

"Nice work." he breathed. Darcy had seen some of Eden's computer work before, albeit not so up close and personal as she slid into an alcove. Despite the building's decrepit appearance on the outside, the gang *did* invest in its security and protect itself wisely. When he had went in, Darcy had paid no attention to subtlety or discretion; he'd been there to send a message. And that message had been sent, albeit without the result that he had hoped for when all was said and done. With one he never could have dreamt up even in his worst nightmares...

But to watch Eden gracefully and dutifully take the lead - first holding him back as they pressed against the wall; they'd just entered the building and Darcy had thought they were okay. Then, she'd slipped into the alcove, hacking the computer while Darcy and their bird companion had kept the lookout. She'd almost been done when Darcy had heard footsteps; he pressed against the far corner as hard as he dared, hoping Eden would strike when he did. A few seconds, a couple of steps. Hearing their breathing, expecting nothing up until the moment Darcy sprang out from hiding, hoping Eden was thinking the same thing he had been.

She'd moved efficiently, while he had...well, slamming his enemy's head against the wall and then punching him in the gut wasn't exactly the most delicate method of dealing with him, but it beat the alternative; one which had been hinted at with an elbow to Darcy's face. Darcy snarled quietly and smashed him again; feeling the man slacken, and then drop to the ground. As he pulled him to the alcove, he heard Eden's voice.

"What now?"

He knew this place like the back of his hand. "This way." He breathed, leading the way down the hall quietly. It was actually a short way up to the boss's office, but Darcy wanted to leave no stone unturned. No sense in offing the boss and then getting annihilated by his henchman. Still, a frown passed his face at the increasingly empty hallways, and after a beat (and no more guards), they made their way to the stairwell.

A 'service' stairwell, and he held the door for her even as the crow slid through. They walked up silently, and Darcy held the door open after they got up two more flights. He pressed his ear against the door, not hearing anything through it (and not really expecting to), before he grasped the door gently before throwing it open, gun drawn as he quickly looked to either side.

"Clear." They were on the boss' floor, even if a journey remained to his 'office'. Darcy knew that the boss would be there....

Eden felt so lost in how things were going, everything in her body just wanted her to blow up the whole building. When it came down to things she was rather scared, what would happen once the boss was destroyed? She knew she was selfish, thinking like this. She knew she was a terrible woman, because she was selfish and did not want him to die. And she knew she was terrible because she did what she did. It was so hard to think of things without the pain, and knew one thing.

She was only half a woman when Darcy was not with her, which was why she started to pray to his wife. Begging for her forgiveness with what she was wanting from Darcy, and knew that Darcy was torn. He said he loved her but there was loving and in love, it was really hard sometimes. It was really hard for her to think of such things, but in this moment she allowed the silence to come to her. Her heart beating louder and was thinking looking up at her friend.

Maybe it would've been easier.

Darcy looked down the hallway. There were several intersections criss crossing, but he wasn't about to make things complicated. Down to the end, left turn, and then further in. He drew his gun, giving a quiet, determined look to Eden, and the crow. "Don't move across till I do." He took a few paces forward, peeking around the corner, then waving Eden across. The crow did its own thing, darting too and fro in the somewhat darkened hallway, but Darcy didn't show his usual level of annoyance with the independent bird.

Another several metres, another corner. A slim motion forward, and Darcy frowned, taking a long look around. It wasn't as if this place was monitored night and day, with dozens and dozens of guards around, but.....he licked his dark lips, looking past Eden. "Something's not right." He ignored the odd taste in his mouth, the seeming thickening of the air. It was tense, uneasy, but he walked on to the far wall, pointing his gun right and left before motioning to Eden. A few deliberate, but less careful steps to the door. The same one he'd kicked down with a flourish that night....Darcy took a look at his friend, nodding at her before he grasped the door handle carefully. A moment taken to make sure she was ready for whatever laid beyond the door.

He thought they would be. Even if he got shot, the power of the crow would heal him, and Eden could return fire. That was the basic plan. But no plan survived contact with the enemy, and as he opened the door, he was reminded of that cruel, awful fact.

Because there was no enemy in the room. The boss's sanctuary; a large oak desk, extravagant furnishings, electronics of every kind in a room that always seemed to have cigar smoke in it. And it had some of it in there now. At no sign of activity, Darcy swung the door all the way open, daring in and pointing his gun to the left and right, looking for guards that weren't there.

There were two. But they were both sprawled on the floor, blood leaking from gunshot wounds that still looked fresh.

Which was nothing compared to the body on the desk. The boss. A middle aged, reserved man, acting only when he had to...and the wounds on him made it clear he'd missed something.

Darcy all but gaped at it, his guard naturally lowering as he realized that he had nobody to fight here. Even as the power refused to leave him.

Meaning his enemy had yet to show itself....he walked in, his gun lowered but still held as he looked around, another whisper on his lips as he turned to Eden.

"What happened here?" More a rhetorical question then anything.

Eden knew something was off about five minutes before hand, she was good with that kind of thing. She always had been, but right now things were not going very well. Her heart was relaxed but her body tense. Sometimes her body knew things before her brain did, it was just how she was. It maybe strange but she accepted her ability many years ago. Which was rather annoying but she lived with it every day, and right now perhaps it was good.

Having her powers could be good or bad, just depended on how things worked. If they worked against her, then she would thank the gods that her powers were with her. And if they worked against her, then she would curse the power. Kinda like when she saw the death of her friends, that was something she never wanted to see again. But she knew how she felt was nothing compared to what Darcy had been feeling, that much she knew for sure.

But as she watched him lead she nodded a bit, smiling thinking that they should have done this forever ago. Perhaps when he left his "boss" and wanted to go on the straight and narrow. She should have known something was up, that the man he worked for would never let him leave and live. Life was a real bitch as Darcy had known, as much as her father was a real ass hole. But the feeling she noticed Darcy feeling it to.

So taking her gun she had she kept it up and when he opened the door, no words, no sounds of metal against metal. There was nothing and that scared the shit out of her, that much was for sure. She was ready to fire yet there was no target to kill, her eyes looking around and put her gun down to her hip. And watched Darcy very closely, and walked in. Seeing the man dead, she had a feeling something was wrong here. They had missed something.

Eden saw the man dead and cocked her head to the side, she did not understand what had happened here. But she heard what her friend said, and had a feeling it was kinda his way to ask if she could try her ability. She looked around to make sure that everything was as it should be. Her heart beating even faster, but she did the one thing she could do very well. Putting her gun on safety then tucked it in her pants, she walked over to the body.

Kneeling down beside the body and closed her eyes a little, and knew she would get a vision from this. And she placed her hand on the man's shoulder and grunted seeing a lot of guns going off. It felt amazing. But she would be able to but she saw a man all in black that had shot Darcy's boss. Though she could not see his face, but the longer she held onto the vision, the more of a nose bleed she would get. It was silent for a moment, till she let the body go and she gasped a little.

Time seemed to freeze as Darcy watched her go to the boss' body. He started to raise his hand, to say that he hadn't intended for her to use her ability, but this wasn't just his venture. This was their escapade. They were both risking a lot coming here, even killing these men that nobody would miss, that even a corrupt police force wouldn't bother investigating, looking into...gang members died every day, unnoticed, and unmissed. He took a breath, trying to keep looking around even as he locked his gaze on the vulnerable Eden. His friend, but not quite his lover, and he wished that he could see what she was seeing.

As if it was listening in, the Crow obliged in flashes, and he shut his eyes for a second. Drinking, laughing...a door flashing open...gunshots...and one man getting the last shot. Then Darcy saw his face, hearing Eden gasp...and drew his weapon, leveling it at the door.

Because his target was there.

"Well, well...." The voice was all too familiar, and Darcy's gaze hardened as he threatened to pull the trigger...but stopped when he saw two others there. With guns, albeit not raised. Still, his ire was entirely focused on the center face, and he all but shook in rage.

The man who'd killed his wife. His black hair slicked back smoothly, a perfectly shaved face. And that smug, irrtating grin on his face as he looked at Darcy.

"I thought you were dead." smirked Lindsey, sporting a weapon of his own, although he was clearly in less of a position to draw it. Unlike his henchmen, and Darcy did nothing to keep the attention off of him. If they didn't notice Eden, or at least didn't consider her a threat....

"And I didn't know you had the stomach for this kind of move." snapped Darcy, keeping his weapon levelled at his tormentor.

"I didn't." He smiled. "Until a few weeks ago, when the boss started to make mistakes...sending people on errands and to investigate things that didn't make sense...." Lindsey turned his head in thought, scratching his chin as he looked at both him and Eden now. "That wouldn't have been you two, would it? Because if so, I owe you a debt."

Darcy didn't justify him with a response, but after a beat, Lindsey continued unabated.

"But enough of that." He pointed at Darcy's weapon. "I know you would probably like nothing more then to kill me right now, and you probably could...but not before we dealt with you." He nodded at Eden. "And your pretty friend there." They made no move, but Lindsey stepped forward almost invitingly. "After all, you might be fast...but you're only human." His smile disapeared. "And we can kill men like you."

Darcy's voice seemed to grow as his finger tightened around his weapon, hoping that Eden was thinking the same thing he was. And that she was a fast a draw as he hoped....

"LET'S SEE YOU KILL THE CROW." His voice wasn't a shout, only a menacing presence as he fired a body shot and Lindsey before trying to turn his weapon to the right guard. As he got off one more shot (not as good as his first one), he felt two bullets slam into his torso, and he fell to the ground; knowing he'd drawn their fire, but hoping Eden was okay.

And that she'd dealt with the last guard. Assuming Darcy had even hit the first one, anyways, and the walls of the room became the ceiling as he fell to the ground, his strength leaving him in waves...

Eden did not realize what danger lurked within the shadows, but deep down she was not stupid to it. She kept her guard up and it had always been like that, life was a mystery and right now it was terrible. Her heart was beating quickly as things just seemed so different. It took her only seconds to know that Lindsey was around, and now it was going to be time to do what she could do. Eden knew what her part of his life was now.

Everything seemed to hit her all at once, and things just seemed different. But knew that the battle to save each other was now, she heard him and did not even need to look up. She knew they were there in the shadows, and did not know what was going to do. But it was time to fight and not to run any more, running got you no where and it was something she was done doing. Now was the time to be as strong as she could be.

She was her mothers daughter, she was mostly Indian but it did not show. All because of her father, now she heard everything that was said. And when Lindsey looked at her for the first time. She slowly opened up her eyes and slowly stood up, looking at him. Lindsey had no idea who he was fucking with, because she was more then she seemed. Eden had powers that were not big of a deal really.

But her powers would save their lives and right now that was what was needed. Grinning a bit as she looked at Darcy and gave him a look like she was saying "It's okay" She said with such a great smile on her face, now was time to not be afraid. Now was the time to be pissed off, but she was far from worried. But then when Darcy said what he did about going against the crow. She knew that was a mistake.

Eden moved quickly and with a grace that helped her move the way she did, her heart beating so loudly it was almost hard to think. But with the last guard down she had her hand on her gun inches from the targets head. Everything now would end up deciding if they both would get out of this alive. In that moment she was so into killing the man before her. She had no idea what was going on to Darcy.

Till now.

Something in him made him aware of what was going on even as he felt his strength leaving him. That she was safe. That *they* were safe, even as the word was used somewhat questionably on him now, that Eden had dealt with the remaining guards. Darcy almost blacked out, but eventually felt his wounds healing, the bullets forced out by the supernatural force that was the reason for him being alive. His hands that had been forced on the wounds were still a little black, slick with the blood that wasn't really blood anymore, and he coughed a bit of it.

"Remind me not to do that again." Finally, a smile as he looked at her, a sad smile as he knew that it was supposed to be his time to go. Still he extended his hand to her, needing help to his feet. Even as Darcy knew the crow was helping him heal, he also knew that the power was leaving him, and he looked at his fallen foes, saving one last scornful glance for Lindsay, and a sad shake of his head. "It didn't have to be this way..." A smile, a sad one as he turned to Eden. "But we can't always get what we want."

It was then his eyes met those of the crow...and it seemed to zoom in on the bird, and then everything flashed in his mind at once.

Meeting Nadine for the first time. The first deal he'd ever done for the gang. The last time he'd set foot in a church to pray. Growing up with Eden. Protecting her at school. Having her over thanksgiving and christmas. The wedding. The gunshots. The-

A white light enveloped him, but Darcy knew it was all in his mind, and he could feel the crow's thoughts. Intended for him.

SOMETHING GREATER IS HOLDING YOU HERE NOW. YOU CAN'T LEAVE UNTIL YOUR JOB IS DONE..

Great...

His eyes opened, and he was back in the room. He could see his skin was no longer white, his body not - for the moment, anyways - bearing any of the markings of the crow. He knew why this was, and while he felt a bit weak still, he had enough to stand on his own two feet, and he leaned a bit on Eden.

"Let's go home." He said weakly. "I don't think I'm done here just yet...." Turning towards her, he continued. "I think the crow wants me to help you deal with your father."

Lost in everything was that this was the first time he'd touched her in weeks. Ever since that night...and he barely noticed the charge that passed when he touched her skin again. Nor was he repressing the physical hunger he was starting to feel.

Eden took his hand as he helped her out and it was just kinda strange, this whole thing was something to not trust. Perhaps in seven years she would accept it, when one is considered officially dead. There was just something about all this that made things hard, but now came something else. It was quite for a while, looking at Darcy she knew that someone was talking to him. But looked at the crow and sighed a little bit, and everything just seemed so different now.

Something seemed off and right now she just shrugged her shoulders, but something seemed wrong with Darcy tired perhaps. So she got him back to her cabin and was thinking about what her "people" would tell her. She knew she was the keeper of the crow so to speak. She started a fire and sighed a little bit, she had never done it and did not know if she should try it. But she had to know something, something that the crow could give her.

Looking at Darcy she smiled. "There is something I can do it would force my ability to work with the bird, to see what the bird knows. Normally its done in there language but I remember the song both in the Cherokee language and in English. I want to try it to see what the hell is going on. We cannot go in blind we have to know what is going on" She said softly.

She moved the bird to perch over the fire place in a way where the bird wouldn't be effected by the warmth. She sat on her knees and looked at the fire and she did not know what she was doing. But part of her wanted to do it she had to, because something was off about her father. Something she had to find out, she felt the warmth surrounded her by the fire. Smiling a little as she opened up her eyes and began as a soft melody escaped her lips.

"There was a smoke that came at night.
In the garden of my dreaming.
black water crashing in our face.
craving this deep obsession.
Cover me with sweet possession.

Are we breathing?
Fire And Brimstone.
Have The Angels.
Left Us On Our Own?
If The Soul Can Survive.
Even in Death.
Hold Your Breath.

In the mirror we can't see anything.
Drowning in soft illusion.
With Every Breath.
The stakes have come to this
I can see the demon in disguise
I can see a killer in these eyes.

Are we breathing?
Fire And Brimstone.
Have The Angels.
Left Us On Our Own?
If The Soul Can Survive.
Even in Death.
Hold Your Breath.

Are we breathing?
Fire And Brimstone.
Have The Angels.
Left Us On Our Own?
If The Soul Can Survive.
Even in Death.
Hold Your Breath."

As she sang the haunting melody she got flashes into her head, looking at the crow as she saw her mother. How beautiful she was, she did not realize that she looked a lot like her mother. She missed her but then seeing herself at the age of five, she heard her mother fighting with her father. She wanted to return back to her people, she wanted a divorce. She heard the screams and the sound of someone smacking her hard.

Closing her eyes as tears fell down her cheeks, seeing her mother beaten and cut all over. And something in her seemed to snap, remembering her mothers blood on her and as she realized what she did, the fire place seemed to just explode with fire. The fire was her rage at what he did. She opened up her eyes and realized just how monstrous her own father was. The tears dry on her face as she looked into the fire, finally speaking.

"He killed her...." She muttered.
"He killed my mother..."

Fire And Brimstone Song.

Last edited:
Darcy was reclining on the couch as she sang. Her melody was haunted, enchanting, beautiful. But Darcy was no longer surprised by anything Eden did anymore. She'd always been spontaneous, a bit random, spur of the moment. It was what had drawn him to her, made them friends the way they were. Darcy had always been so controlled, and he enjoyed seeing someone so free, so alive, and so vibrant. A hint of sadness came over him as he found his thoughts drawn, as they always seemed to be, to Nadine, as she'd been the same way. But it was different this time. He wasn't comparing them side by side, but on different pedestals.

Eden always spoke from her heart. But Darcy saw her stop, and he moved to her - at least until the fire flared up. He wasn't sure of the extent of her powers, and he drew in close to her, wrapping her and encircling her with no thought as to the distance he'd been trying to keep. Fuck distance and fuck being proper. Eden was hurting, and had never had anyone in her life to love her, to care for her and nurture her. His chin pressed into her shoulder, and he tried to speak softly.

"We'll get him, Eden." He murmured. "We'll get him together." For the moment, the fire flickering was the only sounds in the room aside from their breathing, and he nestled in closer to her on the carpet. The warmth of her against him - not only the fire - comforted him, and he hoped he was comforting her.

It was hard sometimes to just relax and be who she was, and right now she was to the breaking point. She had no idea what to do with herself any more, and right now she grew unsure of herself. Right now she was terrified of the monster her father had become, seeing things that she had not seen. And right now she felt like her heart was breaking, she had never been betrayed really. Darcy was a man who would not betray her, she trusted him more then any other man dead or alive.

Only person she had in her life was Nadine, Darcy and her mother. But in that moment where he just died on her, as well as Nadine, her mother. She felt cursed and now she did not know if she should keep loving Darcy. What would happen once her father was dead? He would find the peace he craved and leave her. Love was so hard and it felt like her damn heart was ripped from her chest. God how life was so damn unfair, right now she just wanted to be with Darcy.

But she felt his body to her, smiling a little as he seemed to comfort her. Which felt very nice really, it scared her how much one person could love another. Knowing that in the end she will out live him, and that ripped her. But right now there was nothing that could be done, right now she just silently sat before him, holding him against her. God she did not know what the hell to do any more. Everything in her told her to fight him, but what if she chocked under the pressure.

"I dunno if I can pull the trigger on him" She said sadly.

"I dunno if I can pull the trigger on him."

They continued to sit silently, cuddling as he wondered what to say. Not wanting to burden her but with something aching to be said from him, too. Wondering what the best way to draw her out would be, eventually settling with another whisper. "Why, Eden? You've....killed before." He hesitated, not wanting to label her as someone dark, someone evil. Someone like him. "And you know he deserves it. For some people, there is no chance at redemption." He wanted to let her respond, let her get everything out, but Darcy kept talking after her, despite her, and because of her.

"I think you're afraid, Eden." He moved to her other side, keeping his body pressed against her as he continued. "Afraid that after he dies, and...after I..." He shook his head. "...that you'll have nothing to live for. Nothing in life worth fighting for, with your friends and enemies all gone."

The fire kept flickering, the crow hovering over them, and Darcy gave him a look. Hope this is okay, buddy. He leaned in to her again, his voice dropping as if to hide his intent.

"I think I could give you something to live for."

Eden looked into the fire and she heard what he said to her at first, she did not say anything as he moved to her other side. Looking down as he continued to talk to her, he was a very smart man, so many people saw him nothing more then an ignorant contract killer. Or what ever he was labeled as. Closing her eyes she just wanted to scream, beg him to never leave her not until she was about to join him in death. But in the back of her mind, she knew she did not belong to him.

Right now she was just terrified about what would happen now, her eyes scanning the area and looking up at the bird she felt a tear fall down her cheek as she closed her eyes. "Your right once my father is dead you will die. And I will have lost you all over again, Father is the only blood relation left that I have. The man has always been selfish and power hungry, but if I kill him what makes me better then him?" She said rather sadly, so much sadness could be heard in her voice.

Hearing what he said about giving her something to live for. "And what could you give me Darcy?" She said rather sadly. But the tears in her eyes showed him such heart break, sometimes she wished she was just a normal person. Someone with no gifts, someone who was just one hundred percent her. But she was an instrument to protect the crow and to protect Darcy. Eden had no children and figured she never would, she looked up into his dark eyes smiling weakly.

"And what could you give me Darcy?"

This wasn't the right time. Just like the last night they'd been close wasn't the right time. Just like the evening he'd walked out on her wasn't the right time. Just like when he'd grown up with her, been friends with her, had started dating Nadine...it was never the right time. Something Eden had probably suffered through with more men then just him, Darcy wondered. But now, as he stared into her broken, dark eyes, pleading with him to not be toying with her, to not be lying to her, he realized the one truth that had been haunting him ever since he came back. There was never a right time, a right place, or a right moment.

But it wasn't about making things right. Nadine's voice came to him now, whether through the power of the raven, or from the depths of his mind, it was as clear as day through the darkness of the evening. I love you, Darcy. And I loved her, too. Whatever you decide...I'll understand. I know what you're facing, what you're feeling for her...and what you want to do.

He turned so that he was perpendicular to her; Darcy wasn't even aware of how long it had been, and while he longed to explain to her what he wanted to do, the larger part of him wanted to just show her. Still, he had enough presence of mind to say a few words as he ran his hand tenderly down her cheek. "Eden....." Her name was dark, husky, and full of desire as it came out of his lips. This was wrong, it was all wrong, and it could never work.

To hell with that.

Darcy leaned in to kiss her. It was a loving kiss, but not a gentle one, like the one he'd teased her with before, the night he'd explored her body. As one hand on her torso became two, with him leaning more and more into her, it was the kindling of a fire that had been burning in him since their first night together. Their lips melded, merged, and he pulled away long enough to say only a few more words.

"....let me love you. Maybe just tonight, maybe just now, but let me show you the affection you've never been shown..." He leaned in again, his body nestling against hers to see how she would respond...

Life had a way of making everything that much harder, and right now she was beyond frustrated with life. But she did the best that she could, for the time being everything was as they should be. She missed her friend even her mother now, she knew however once her father was dead she would lose everything. Life without love wasn't something she wanted, she knew Darcy had always loved her. Not the love she wanted, the love of a very dear friend, that was the kind of love she knew he had for her.

Eden felt like a bitch as she remembered feeling jealous of Nadine once, when they had gotten married. She had loved Darcy for so long, but she always buried her feelings. And would just nod her head showing she was okay. And had a feeling though that Nadine knew how much she truly did love her husband. But she would never dare or have the heart to do something so cruel as to try and hurt her in any way. Her feelings just seemed so damn buried in that moment, but then she heard it.

Her eyes looked up into his as he said her name clear as day, she did not know what he had to say but right now? She did not give much of a shit since she wanted him to love her and did not think it would ever happen. Her heart was pounding so loudly it almost made her very deaf. And watching what he was doing, she was kinda confused at first but watching him move closer, feeling his breath against her own. She did not know what was to happen but she trusted. And watched.

Feeling his lips on hers shock seen on her face with the kiss, she kissed him back in return of course. She never would have the pain to hurt him again, to betray him. Something she never liked to do. But right now she had a feeling something was to happen. When he broke the kiss and with what happened she heard what he said. It felt like a dream one that would never ever happen in her life. But knew this was no dream and right now that he appeared to what to do this for her.

But those words that he wanted to love her even if it was just for tonight, she did not know what she did to deserve this. But she was afraid to love him and have him being taken away, he was everything she ever cared for. Tears could be seen in her eyes as she tried not to shed the tears, enough tears had been shed since this had happened to the man she loved very much. She was so damn lost with everything. Right now it felt like that only one night was what they had and nothing more.

"Forgive me Nadine" She thought having no idea that the bird could hear what she was thinking about, her tears finally fell down her cheeks as she kissed him deeply allowing herself to open up to him fully and to be loved the way she had always craved. Flesh was a weakness of the human spirit that she knew all to damn well. Right now however she was just worried about what was going to happen now. Now was the time where things were as they should be, her heart in her throat as they kissed.

Her lips were sweet, pleasurable, and wet against him. Darcy pressed his tongue into her, not content with just exterior contact anymore. He moved further over her, his hands running roughly down both sides of her face. Not tenderly, but with want and desire, as they moved to her shoulder. Squeezing the layers she had on as his lips pressed harder into her. Wanting everything she could give, not taking no for an answer, even as he knew she would never refuse him. She loved him. And now she knew that he loved her, but it was emotion that could never find expression.

Until tonight.

He'd changed since their excursion earlier, not wanting to stay in combat gear, now in a comfortable white t-shirt, blue jeans, and a black collared shirt worn over it, unbuttoned. As his hands moved over her, he wasn't as concerned with what he was wearing then with what Eden was wearing. And he wanted it off of her.

Darcy had seen the scars on her body earlier, and didn't care. Eden was beautiful. And it wasn't just her spirit, the kindness she showed her friends, and even her enemies, in a twisted way. She was a better person then Darcy was, and he wanted to reward her for being that person. To give her something that he could never give anyone else.

When he'd exposed her before, he'd asked for permission. This time, he didn't, as desperate hands reached for fastenings on her top, wanting to see her, to explore her, to pleasure her...every inch of her. Every part of her body.

It was different what was happening here she had no idea what was to happen to them, but right now she had faith that he would never hurt her. And the way he kissed her was incredible, she felt it there a kiss he had never given her before, nothing like this and it was incredible. She wished she had a sign from Nadine a sign that would show her that Nadine wasn't angry or disappointed in her, because really she felt like a monster. She loved her husband and now she was getting her wish, but to what cost?

Flashes of the past started to flood her mind it was rather hard to see any more, feeling his hands all over her chest, she helped him where he needed it as she unclipped her bra so that her breasts were free. He made her comfortable with the body that she had, the marks that showed the hell she knew all to well. Right now everything was as it should be, it made everything wonderful as she moaned into the kiss. She let him do what ever he wanted with her as she kicked off her shoes.

Running her fingers against his chest once it was exposed her hand against his bare chest, they were exploring each other knowing what the other wanted. Skin exposed in a fury of lust and love right now she no longer hated her body. She did not even think really and right now it was so different, her heart beating quickly. She moaned when she kissed him again, everything in that moment was beautiful and perfect. Right now life seemed to just freeze for them, it was nice to feel this way.

"I love you Darcy" She said softly.

Her moan only drove him further, his hands carelessly unbuttoned her shirt, he could hear one or two of the buttons popping as he pulled it apart, seeing her torso. The scars showed what she'd been through, and he looked at them in wonder, as they showed what she'd endured, what Eden had been made to suffer through. She unclipped her own bra, and Darcy pushed the bra and shirt off of her shoulders to the floor, taking her in as her breathing was more prominent, her moans exciting him. Arousing him that he was causing that kind of reaction in her.

Eden's shoes soon followed, as she pulled his shirt over his head. It was the way he wanted it, them exploring each other as if they only had one night together. Which might be the case. Live for today, because tomorrow might be the day they confronted her father. Things felt like they were reaching a peak, and he undid the button on her pants, pushing her down so that he could pull them off of her body. Her socks went with them, and Darcy let her do the same to him. Her fingers were so delicate, so gentle against him, yet so eager to explore his body.

Another moan escaped her as they kissed, and he pushed her back a little so he could slide her panties off of her slim, athletic legs. Darcy leaned back for a moment, taking in Eden's naked body. It wasn't like Nadine, but in her own way, she looked just like an angel to him.

And she was his.

"Perfect." He breathed, almost lost enough to realize that there was more they still had to do, wondering if she'd let him do it...

Life had a way of making things different and right now she was just really content, but all in all right now she just did not know what to do with herself, the way he looked at her and the way he touched her made her moan even louder. Her body was not use to kindness, since kindness like this had never happened. But she was just glad everything was going okay, closing her eyes as she felt his touch even more. It amazed her just how wonderful this whole thing was, and right now? She just did not know what would come next.

But feeling how her body was getting more and more naked, it made her curious as to what would happen next. She loved the way things were and right now she just did not seem to care to much. "Darcy" She murmured out happily and it truly was remarkable how he made her love him. The way he walked and even spoke showed strength that he had. That was one of the many things she respected from him. Right now however? life was just that more special it was just nice.

But hearing perfect coming out of his mouth made her curious, she would let him do what he wanted pretty much. Faith and trust was something that had never left her, she enjoyed the way his dark eyes looked at her. Taking in every inch it was amazing just how much she loved him it came to the point where she did not worry about anyone or anything. Right now this was there night to shine. And shine she would, no one was going to make her feel terrible about herself that she knew.

"mmm" She moaned.

Back