!

Just remember, some chains snap when you yank them

(FYI My chain is made of carbon-fiber)

I have to agree somewhat with EB and Lovecraft (they actually agree--how about that) on this one. I'm a smart-ass and a bit of a grammar Nazi, and I can be as guilty as anyone of making somewhat snide remarks in other people's threads for the sake of a cheap laugh, but I'm trying to dial it down a bit and take people's threads in the spirit with which they are offered. I have a thick skin and don't mind if someone gets sarcastic with me, but I realize not everybody is that way. Those of us who've been around for a while get used to a level of rough banter that newbies may not be prepared for. "Try a little tenderness" may be a good aphorism for responding to newbie-started threads.

So, @MrsIndianPeach , don't mind us. We're a lot more bark than bite, and most of the time the comments are meant well even if they may not always sound like it.

Now, if I start a thread, it's a different story. It's open season. Blaze away. I've got my Kevlar vest on.

General rebuttal: this is not the poetry forum. If somebody drops their prose (or whatever) into AH out of the blue like this, chances are good it's going to be taken apart by the resident wordsmiths. That's what we do, good or bad.

If you take the time to look at Mrs Peach's posting history, they are on the LitE forums to draw attention to themselves. (Like who of us isn't?) They seem to have achieved that objective, although probably not exactly in the way they were after.

To @MrsIndianPeach , the best way to publish creative efforts such as yours on Literotica is to use the regular author contribution channels. The Poetry category accepts short works. Here's a good place to start to learn how to publish: https://www.literotica.com/faq/publishing , and in doing so you will have a larger audience. Best of luck!

Bustin balls is a perfectly healthy way of incorporating a new person into a group, especially when they start very forwardly. It's not about ridiculing them or hounding them out, it's about testing their mettle. If they react with confidence, it's a bonding experience. I didn't see anybody here being cruel about it.

And writers especially need that thick skin.

Now, about that 2P POV... I don't remember doing any of those things. Have we met?

Wha happened?
Maybe they got upset at the oh, so warm welcome they received and removed the post because the post doesn't have any type of "moved because" discolaimer from the mod, and it still shows here which it wouldn't if Laurel removed it.

Referring to your other post about ball busting being the way to welcome someone, is it?

Because outside of the internet where assholes are safe to be assholes, in real life if some new guy wanders into one of my regular hangouts, they're not met with snark and insults because...well, you don't know the guy. They could laugh it off, or they could smack someone.

Rule of thumb with busting balls, and I am a master of sarcasm and insults as well as fuck your feelings, is you don't do it until you get to know them a bit, that shows "hey, you're one of us now...so open season"

Insulting and mocking someone you don't know at all is called bullying.

Good job, folks.

Bustin balls is a perfectly healthy way of incorporating a new person into a group, especially when they start very forwardly. It's not about ridiculing them or hounding them out, it's about testing their mettle. If they react with confidence, it's a bonding experience. I didn't see anybody here being cruel about it.

And writers especially need that thick skin.

Now, about that 2P POV... I don't remember doing any of those things. Have we met?
Shitty behaviour is shitty behaviour, don't try to put a spin on it.

It was her first post in the Authors's Hangout, and people could have taken her offering for what it was - well meant.

Mirrors, people; take a closer look.

As demonstrated by lustychimera, it's possible to tell somebody "hey, this isn't the right place for that content, try down the hall" without being snide about it. (I may well have failed at this in the past; it's not the kind of thing I always get right. But I'm trying not to be that person.)

The AH at its finest.

New person shows up and is mocked. Worth noting they are most like ESL, but let's not let that stop anyone from making fun of them.

Maybe put a disclaimer on the main page "You have to be this cool to post here."
Yep.

*click*
*click*

"Ah, she's from India, English is not her first language."

That wasn't hard.

As demonstrated by lustychimera, it's possible to tell somebody "hey, this isn't the right place for that content, try down the hall" without being snide about it. (I may well have failed at this in the past; it's not the kind of thing I always get right. But I'm trying not to be that person.)
Might be me, but I'm still not sure why their post was so wrong for the forum? I saw it as an introduction of sorts. This is a writing forum, here's a short (within the rules) little snippet. But yeah a simple "might get a better response here" and link another forum is the way I-and others-do it.

But before we got to the "not sure this is the right place" the clique here had to be snarky little twits.

71eHIo2DEJL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

The level of rank hypocrisy on this thread is just too much to take.

I’m sick and tired of the sanctimonious BS. Have fun. This forum was getting old anyway. This thread just confirmed how old.

Enjoy your preaching, there may be no one left to preach to eventually. But at least you’ll still feel self-righteous. That’s something.

Not giving up writing, but what’s the point of exposing yourself to over-reactive crap like this day-in-day out? I had already been thinking there was very little. Thanks for lifting the last scale from my eyes.

I might pop back to see just how even handedly the vigilantes mete out justice to others. But I think I already know how that goes. You do too.

Emily

@MrsIndianPeach

Your introduction to the AH wasn't fair. You came openly with a piece of writing, and you were vilified. I accept that I contributed. My intent wasn't to be cruel, but you didn't ask to be teased, so it's still on me.

As someone who loves writing, I've never understood why more people don't care for this ritual of crafting worlds out of words. I'd hate to think I dissuaded you.

Grammar and syntax can come with practice. Setting a evocative mood transcends that, and you were successful at capturing a sensual moment in time.

So I apologise. Keep at it!:cattail:

Might be me, but I'm still not sure why their post was so wrong for the forum? I saw it as an introduction of sorts. This is a writing forum, here's a short (within the rules) little snippet. But yeah a simple "might get a better response here" and link another forum is the way I-and others-do it.

But before we got to the "not sure this is the right place" the clique here had to be snarky little twits.
I took it as RP but you're right, could also have been interpreted as a writing snippet.

I confine my alcohol-indiced blurtophilia to another alt. Haven't logged in as him for a while now, I must be doing well.

My dear @SimonDoom, tenderness, you say! Tenderness, what is the tenderness thing you speak of? Using the whip less often, perhaps, not slapping them silly when they make a gaff? Keeping my snide remarks to myself, where is the fun in those things?
I have to agree somewhat with EB and Lovecraft (they actually agree--how about that) on this one. I'm a smart-ass and a bit of a grammar Nazi, and I can be as guilty as anyone of making somewhat snide remarks in other people's threads for the sake of a cheap laugh, but I'm trying to dial it down a bit and take people's threads in the spirit with which they are offered. I have a thick skin and don't mind if someone gets sarcastic with me, but I realize not everybody is that way. Those of us who've been around for a while get used to a level of rough banter that newbies may not be prepared for. "Try a little tenderness" may be a good aphorism for responding to newbie-started threads.

So, @MrsIndianPeach , don't mind us. We're a lot more bark than bite, and most of the time the comments are meant well even if they may not always sound like it.

Now, if I start a thread, it's a different story. It's open season. Blaze away. I've got my Kevlar vest on.

Back