!

I believe you'd get a better response in the role play forums. This is a good prompt for that. Unless you mean it to be a word game?

"Mesmerisingly watch" - totally get it. The gaze is hypnotic.

"sinusuidal" -- a mis-spelling I didn't notice (I make hundreds in every story), a portmanteu word that emanates suicide and saris

Once again, I need a phone that can tell when I’ve had too much red and shuts down keyboard access 😬.

What might seem funny to the inebriated, is seldom so funny to others. My apologies.

Emily

Once again, I need a phone that can tell when I’ve had too much red and shuts down keyboard access 😬.

What might seem funny to the inebriated, is seldom so funny to others. My apologies.

Emily
Try living with Witzelsucht. Even without alcohol, it's impossible to stop yourself from being funny witty.

The AH at its finest.

New person shows up and is mocked. Worth noting they are most like ESL, but let's not let that stop anyone from making fun of them.

Maybe put a disclaimer on the main page "You have to be this cool to post here."

Last edited:
Reminds me of the saying, "Hate to see you go, but love to watch you leave." One of life's pleasures.

To the conversation in general, I admit to having this visual.

Some of the forum members. "I wrote a dark story! Its dark cause I say so myself!"

Me: "Aww, isn't that cute."

funny that

I believe you'd get a better response in the role play forums. This is a good prompt for that. Unless you mean it to be a word game?
First off, there's a hilarious irony in the first half of your post. There's a lot of roleplaying here.

To the second part, this is a writing forum, I know it's hard to believe it's not just a place to flirt and post memes, but it is called the "Author's Hangout" so someone coming here and posting a couple of lines isn't out of place.

You'd be lonely all by yourself, though.
Please, you're the one that plays follow the leader here all day.

This is the second time I've seen you making fun of someone you don't know because someone else did first.

Back to the dogs at the park analogy.

Please, you're the one that plays follow the leader here all day.

This is the second time I've seen you making fun of someone you don't know because someone else did first.

Back to the dogs at the park analogy.
And where am I making fun of anyone? Unless you mean my response to you? You don't seem to have any difficulty commenting on everyone else's behaviour here, so perhaps you should try being a little less precious when someone replies in kind.

First off, there's a hilarious irony in the first half of your post. There's a lot of roleplaying here.

To the second part, this is a writing forum, I know it's hard to believe it's not just a place to flirt and post memes, but it is called the "Author's Hangout" so someone coming here and posting a couple of lines isn't out of place.

Yes, but what do they want out of it was my question? This was very vague.

I am glad for EB's reaction. I criticized this kind of response towards new people many times. I understand that people often feel the desire to make a pun out of everything, and while it's okay when you do that with AH regulars, it can seem hostile and unwelcoming to potential new forum members. Maybe measure the response by who the OP is? Be those kids who let the new kids play with them rather than chasing them away with rocks.

I believe that most times it's just about people being unable to stop themselves from playing with someone's words for the sake of humor, but in a forum such as this one where some newcomers could feel embarrassed by the very nature of the place, it can be too much.

Back