007 Challenge

Three consonants

For Micah B.
The aspirated years that starved a love
Lung deep in pockets only mapped by veins
Rise up, insurgent, forcing breath to move
Three consonants from phantom to a name.
Coordinates can find a love once voiced.
They've apps to fashion flame to rocket flare.
For years the static past enough gave noise
Enough to carve from who a when and where.
Twitch! Snitch. Betray the hand, the torch it grips.
Allow the bed to blaze against the night
Enchanted to sustain the cold eclipse
That snuffed the we we were the we we might
Have been. A promise thawed recalls its aim:
That I and You remained, yet we became.

Last edited:
Four score

Years ago I joked
Wild posts
Random relentless
Ravenings.
I apologize
To those who,
Years later, clutch shawls
Against the memories.
It was not so bad, really.
Was it?

Five cards

Half a pinochle deck
A table down at the
Three faced liar
And fresh hoseradish
Make euchre day.

Every day should be euchre day.

Last edited:
I have never played canasta, but I love card games. 😁

I havent played since I was a kiid and strained my memory for a sense of the rules, i got nothing bu t the sense of it being a time when I could connect with adulys with out being beaten senseless or being something alien to them.

It was one of the only times in my life where I was able ti compete on a level playing field and sometimes even win against the adults in my life

Last edited:
@todski
Cards gave me a chance to be seen as a human being by men. Not just a prize or an opportunity for defilement when I was a teen. Later I made friends this way. It was the rare occasion for a woman to employ other than social strategy.

@todski
Cards gave me a chance to be seen as a human being by men. Not just a prize or an opportunity for defilement when I was a teen. Later I made friends this way. It was the rare occasion for a woman to employ other than social strategy.

Warning higj level subjective interpretation and probably outright biased representation of thw above statement, if offense is given, please geel free to respond with "go fu"% yourself"

Theres a lot of cynicism in this, I dont know how other men have treated you, but if its any consolation, women didn't find me human till I had a bank account, a house and things that proved I had status.

I dont know how old you are and the matters in todays society from what is normalised even when I was a kid, I mean men didnt hate themselves when I was a kid. Didnt cow tow to political correctness or blind obedience to not being offensive.

So from my view you had sexual market value because of your looks, it got you sexualised attention from guys you thought were your equal not above you in status so it made you feel less than human, but guaranteed the right guy, the right status the right in your eyes value and it would have been welcoomed sexualised attention. As opposed to outright attempts at dehumanization. Cards were a ways and means for you to compete and prove they were less than you.

I had a strong back, a massive work ethic and a wallett
Brought my first house at 20 and was the head of security at one of the most dangerous nightclubs in the state I live in. And that brought with it a slew of sexual harrassment, chicls grabbing my ass, my cock, sticking their phone numbers i n my pocket, basically i won the female lottery because I had something that gave me value. The dehumanized me for my wallett and social standing.

Two thumbs up for equality :D

Now in my above post theres a small amount of sarcasm, but in the most part its all relative to how fucked up we are as a species, thinking we are above our biological make up.

The thing with male status and market valie he is born broke he has to earn and fight for every second of it, so to get anywhere in life with members of the opposite sex, he has to climb the heirarchial ladder until hes desirable. Guys who dominate sports etc and excell at high end xompwtitions have highly viewed status so they get the attention of women.

A woman is gifted with an abundance of sexual market place value until she's 30, then it plummets.

with a metric fuck tonne of social engineering we've managed to get these things on more of a level playing field, which is from my perspective sparked a lot of male female tensions and divides

But wjat would 0I know Im just a neanderthal hack who writes bad poetry.

I think you are right that it goes both ways. We should recognize each other as humans first. Then we can figure out mutually agreeable social roles. Neither men nor women should be forced into the confines of stereotype. Men are good parents. Women are good soldiers. Not always, but often. It is essential that we listen to one another's truths. I feel ever privileged to listen to yours.

Seven Decades

Scant actuarial data
Informs the timeline
Which is more river than clock,
Carrying silt, fish, whispers
Over rocks and wreckage
Steadily. Rivers lace bends
With all the flotus pasts
Sideways spun 'til caught
In sandy branch embrace
Insolvent markers on the bank
Where this life ran this year.
Wind and twist as I might,
The ocean drinks us all. It's merge
Or dry.

Seven Decades

Scant actuarial data
Informs the timeline
Over rocks and wreckage
In sandy branch embrace
Or dry.

One thing about cards:
it was not about proving men were less. One friend told me, cheerfully, that he had lost more games than I had ever played and won more than he lost. It was not that. It was just the chance to sit at the table rather than serving it. The chance to learn and struggle and be seen as one person who could play and talk and listen and laugh. And lose, inevitably, but lose graciously.

Seven Decades

Scant actuarial data
Informs the timeline
Over rocks and wreckage
In sandy branch embrace
Or dry.

One thing about cards:
it was not about proving men were less. One friend told me, cheerfully, that he had lost more games than I had ever played and won more than he lost. It was not that. It was just the chance to sit at the table rather than serving it. The chance to learn and struggle and be seen as one person who could play and talk and listen and laugh. And lose, inevitably, but lose graciously.

So the bomd of comraderie, the inclusiveness of a group that has a common goal, the banter, the false boasting/back and fourth of potential victory or defeat?

A certain inclusivity in the competition at the centre focus.

I have a question because I an seriously lacking in most forms of ettiquette; but is there nothing of that type within female groups, or is it simply different?

I have never wanted to sit with a group of my wifes friends while they chat and drink, quite often serving the table and running the alcohol, but to want to belong in that group has never entered my mind, nor have I ever cared how they saw me,

Fuck I need a bullet

Bullets accomplish little offscreen.
Understanding those least like us
Builds unimagined depth--
The greatest wealth.

Least Cost Travel in the Material World

Inertia will only get you so far
before friction stops you cold.
Use the force to keep your
momentum and apply side
vectors for course correction
rather than starting again
from a full stop.

Sole Soul

I
once
thought that
you were my soul mate
until I realized that our
joint passion for a specific salt water flatfish
cooked in meuniere sauce was not sufficient to maintain a long lasting relationship.​

bonsai at tree line
frost pruned branches reaching
to infinite sky

Last edited:

Humpday, such a crude term
for the third day of a five day
week or the fourth entry
in a seven day challenge.
In either case, fewer remain
than have been ticked off
and yes I haven't been H'd
for a while.