🪢 All tied up today 🪢

Moochienanu

Kintsugi
Hi, I’m Moochie!

attachment.php

I’ve been self-tying since November 2018, and usually share my ties in my own ampic thread.

attachment.php

But, as I wrapped my rope around for my usual self-tie this week (usually on Tuesday, because there’s a ring to it), I got to thinking that I can’t be alone in this, right? There must be other people who like to tie themselves up, tie up others, or be tied up here on lit, right?!

attachment.php

So here I am, asking you to join me.

Sure, I want to see your rope,
But I also want us to talk about it too.

I want us to have conversations about tying.
I want us to contribute resources (via links to the site please) for us to enjoy.
I want us to learn from and teach each other.
I want us to share our rope dreams.

attachment.php

Let’s get tied up together today!

Last edited:
This week, I think we should just do a role call, to see if anyone is interested in this thread.

Tell us what you’re into! Are you a rope top/rigger or a rope bottom/bunny? Or are you the ever elusive rope switch/both?!

What an absolutely wonderfull idea! I am a bit of a novice to this. In a picture thread I had on here a long time ago (we are talking years ago) I had a few self tied pictures which were a bit clumsy. Today I would love to get back into the game... though the issue of privacy for this rather secret kink is also a factor.
I absolutelt adore the pictures you shared here... will be watching and hopefully contributing.

Love,

Thom

Last edited:
Moochie

Very much a rookie, but a rigger. My current partner enjoys but I am still learning. I have not had one who is/was interested in returning the fun. I will look forward to learning from a pro! Ropes and poetry.

Haven’t done any of it at all but love to look and interested to learn more. Its beautiful!

Excellent idea Moochie, you cant be the only one on Lit who is involved in rope ties whether self or involving a third party.

I shall be watching from the sidelines as I do love to see the ties and the after marking, but never been involved, and now too stiff and slowly losing strength in my fingers to be able to.

:D Good morning Mooch

My one and only post in here is to let you know I’m a fan of yours :rose:

I really dig your poems and Lit persona and ability to share well with others. It felt intrusive to comment on some of your other threads with words as in my mind you where going through Your artistic process in them. No explanations wanted or needed. I totally get it.

Lastly your talent organizing your threads and thoughts that you share are as artistic as are your word choices when you decide to share with the masses.

Keep on living your best life , sharing and creating

FF

Last edited:
Hi, I’m Moochie!

attachment.php

I’ve been self-tying since November 2018, and usually share my ties in my own ampic thread.

attachment.php

But, as I wrapped my rope around for my usual self-tie this week (usually on Tuesday, because there’s a ring to it), I got to thinking that I can’t be alone in this, right? There must be other people who like to tie themselves up, tie up others, or be tied up here on lit, right?!

attachment.php

So here I am, asking you to join me.

Sure, I want to see your rope,
But I also want us to talk about it too.

I want us to have conversations about tying.
I want us to contribute resources (via links to the site please) for us to enjoy.
I want us to learn from and teach each other.
I want us to share our rope dreams.

attachment.php

Let’s get tied up together today!
Hi Mooch. This looks really cool and creative. I really know noting about tying or bring tied. I am interested in learning about it and seeing all of the creativity.

First off, as always your ties are impeccable. Absolutely spot on. And this is a great idea for a thread.

I like to think of myself as an Apprentice Rigger. I learned my knots...in the Boy Scouts. I just didn't know at the time what I would be using a true lovers' knot for (makes a great "happy knot" when tied in a karada harness). Rope marks leave me weak in the knees; more so if I made them. I have self-tied once or twice to get feel for a new knot (most recently it was a modified handcuff knot that won't loosen and cannot be pulled out if anchored to the waist). I would love to hear and see new techniques or old techniques for that matter.

I will not be posting much content. My subject is camera shy.

What an absolutely wonderfull idea! I am a bit of a novice to this. In a picture thread I had on here a long time ago (we are talking years ago) I had a few self tied pictures which were a bit clumsy. Today I would love to get back into the game... though the issue of privacy for this rather secret kink is also a factor.
I absolutelt adore the pictures you shared here... will be watching and hopefully contributing.

Love,

Thom

Thom,

Welcome, and thank you so much for sharing. I (and I’m sure others) would love to see your tied up pics from the past. Privacy is a pretty tough one, but you would be surprised about the things you can hide your rope under *wink wink*
I hope you find some of that “you” time and can share the outcomes here.
Do you still have your rope? If not, there’s lots of cheap starter ideas I can share.

💜 Moochie

Very much a rookie, but a rigger. My current partner enjoys but I am still learning. I have not had one who is/was interested in returning the fun. I will look forward to learning from a pro! Ropes and poetry.

Very cool, Awaywego! I’m so happy for you that you have a partner willing to be tied. What kind of ties have you done so far?

... oh, and just for the record, I am not a pro. At all. That’s kinda the reason why I wanted to start this thread: I don’t know much at all and want to connect with other people who enjoy rope so we can all learn together. :cattail:

Moochie you are absolutely gorgeous and so creative. I love your poetry and artistic photos.

Excellent idea Moochie, you cant be the only one on Lit who is involved in rope ties whether self or involving a third party.

I shall be watching from the sidelines as I do love to see the ties and the after marking, but never been involved, and now too stiff and slowly losing strength in my fingers to be able to.

Please do watch, Todger. And you should certainly pipe up with any experience nuggets you can feed us! 😋

:D Good morning Mooch

My one and only post in here is to let you know I’m a fan of yours :rose:

I really dig your poems and Lit persona and ability to share well with others. It felt intrusive to comment on some of your other threads with words as in my mind you were going through Your artistic process in them. No explanations wanted or needed. I totally get it.

Lastly your talent organizing your threads and thoughts that you share are as artistic as are your word choices when you decide to share with the masses.

Keep on living your best life , sharing and creating

FF

Thank you very much, FF. 🌷

I’m particularly happy you caught that I try to be meticulous with the organization of my threads (well, here in ampics anyway). Many people don’t appreciate a good index the way I do ;)

Will you not join in on the rope fun here?

Hi Mooch. This looks really cool and creative. I really know nothing about tying or bring tied. I am interested in learning about it and seeing all of the creativity.

I’m so excited you’re here to absorb and hopefully give it a go, hotoldrguy! 🌷 Are you interested in tying a partner? Yourself? Maybe both?!? :D;)

I’m so excited you’re here to absorb and hopefully give it a go, hotoldrguy! 🌷 Are you interested in tying a partner? Yourself? Maybe both?!? :D;)
I do not have a partner so guess it would be me if I give it a try. I want to start by checking out all the posts and learning about it.

First off, as always your ties are impeccable. Absolutely spot on. And this is a great idea for a thread.

I like to think of myself as an Apprentice Rigger. I learned my knots...in the Boy Scouts. I just didn't know at the time what I would be using a true lovers' knot for (makes a great "happy knot" when tied in a karada harness). Rope marks leave me weak in the knees; more so if I made them. I have self-tied once or twice to get feel for a new knot (most recently it was a modified handcuff knot that won't loosen and cannot be pulled out if anchored to the waist). I would love to hear and see new techniques or old techniques for that matter.

I will not be posting much content. My subject is camera shy.

Yay! TAN is here! You have so much knowledge to share on this subject and I think it would be greatly appreciated in the future... like maybe now?...because that handcuff tie sounds delightful :cattail:

You could describe your ties for us. I completely understand anyone being camera shy.

Thank you! I’d have no idea where to start.

I guess the first step, is to see if you even like the feel of rope/constriction.

My recommendation would be to go get some rope and find out. If you have a craft store near you, buy about 15-30 feet of 6mm (1/4 inch) rope. I wouldn’t get anything scratchy to start, but they should have cotton and might even have it in cute colours. You could also do a quick search for the size rope on shopping sites like Amazon.

Once you have some rope in hand... then the fun starts!

I do not have a partner so guess it would be me if I give it a try. I want to start by checking out all the posts and learning about it.

I wasn’t sure, and who knows? Situations change. Once upon a time in the (super duper) distant past, my husband tried to tie me to the bed. We quickly realized there was no fun for either of us because I could always get free from his ties and he always knew I could. That’s why when I picked up tying this time, I’ve kept it (mostly) just me self-tying.

I hope you find some inspiration and join in at some point. 💜

Thank you, Shenanigans 🌷

Will you be joining for some tied up time?

I will definitely be following this thread. I am amazed that you are self tied in a couple of those pictures. I am curious how much time you have invested in this art?

So far..

Very cool, Awaywego! I’m so happy for you that you have a partner willing to be tied. What kind of ties have you done so far?

... oh, and just for the record, I am not a pro. At all. That’s kinda the reason why I wanted to start this thread: I don’t know much at all and want to connect with other people who enjoy rope so we can all learn together. :cattail:

We have done some very basic while learning different kinds of rope. I managed to make a cross chest, breast piece but I can't find the pic it took for her.

Yay! TAN is here! You have so much knowledge to share on this subject and I think it would be greatly appreciated in the future... like maybe now?...because that handcuff tie sounds delightful :cattail:

You could describe your ties for us. I completely understand anyone being camera shy.

The handcuff knot i like is based on an old knot used to hobble horses so they can't bolt. I don't think that is done anymore. The knot is related tot he Prusik and Klemheist knots used by climbers or ascend / descend a standing rope (belaying or abseiling).

I took this series of pics of a simplified version of the handcuff knot for the ABC thread a while back (the first "K is for Knot).

First, you need rope. This is heavy cotton braid. I would use a thinner cord for my "in person" ties (10mm / 3/8" cord either braided or twisted mostly in nylon or silk)

nJmON9g.jpg

Take three or four round turns (that's all the way around) around your fingers

XQBukRd.jpg

pY8L7hI.jpg

You can use a couple more, if the cord is very slippery (this works on friction). It will start to get unwieldy around nine or ten round turns. Take a bight on one of the free ends (a bight is just a 180° bend in the cord)

p0Xu9xs.jpg

Pass the bight through the round turns until it comes out the other side

gRPc0Fr.jpg

Repeat that with a bight on the other free (referred to by knotting nerds as a "bitter" end) end of the cord

4kfMzj7.jpg

Dress the knot (carefully pull it part-way tight, ensuring that there are no unwanted twists or "hockles" where the rope twists back on itself and forms a small loop.

gLJVeH8.jpg

You can see that five or six round turns would work well

Apply the knot to the wrists

zIZqW2G.jpg

If you pull on the two ends, the knot will tighten.

gLJVeH8.jpg

If the person being tied (the subject for lack of a better word) tries to pull the wrists apart, the knot will not come loose.to remove, grab the middle and squeeze slightly to open up the interior of the knot and allow movement. If you anchor the free ends by say tying them around the waist, knotting it behind, the knot cannot be untied by the subject at all. It could also be anchored by tying a pair of half-hitches around the loop on either side.

Thank you TANSTAAFL58, this is very informative. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to explain.

Back