🧘🏼‍♂️🤾🏻‍♀️Getting Sweaty Again: The 3rd Circuit 🚴🏼‍♂️🏋🏼‍♀️

Found out I’m going to have to get knee surgery in a week and a half. That’s been discouraging and has definitely slowed the spring workout routine.

I guess I work on the upper body for a while instead. 💪

I feel your discouragement.

I've got a new hip coming on Thursday ... so I've gotten some stuff to make immediate recovery better, and will be rearranging the dumbbells and resistance bands to continue doing SOMETHING while waiting to heal enough to go back to the gym.

I feel your discouragement.

I've got a new hip coming on Thursday ... so I've gotten some stuff to make immediate recovery better, and will be rearranging the dumbbells and resistance bands to continue doing SOMETHING while waiting to heal enough to go back to the gym.
Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly and recovery is quick.

I haven't done anything in over a week. Grief has taken its toll mentally and physically and I just don't feel well. I'll be on a liquid/soft food diet starting next Monday after an oral surgery so I'm giving my body some rest. Later next week I have my first meeting for roller derby and I am looking forward to that. I have to keep something positive in mind to look forward to because it's just been a mess here.

Good luck to those going through upcoming procedures as well. Looks like we've got some healing ahead of us.

I haven't done anything in over a week. Grief has taken its toll mentally and physically and I just don't feel well. I'll be on a liquid/soft food diet starting next Monday after an oral surgery so I'm giving my body some rest. Later next week I have my first meeting for roller derby and I am looking forward to that. I have to keep something positive in mind to look forward to because it's just been a mess here.

Good luck to those going through upcoming procedures as well. Looks like we've got some healing ahead of us.
Get well sparrow I think roller derby will be fun.

When away I tried an indoor climbing gym. I really liked it & am thinking of joining a place here back home. You use ever muscle plus ones you didn't know existed.

I just started PT yesterday for my shoulder. At the time it seemed easy but I am much more sore this morning than I expected to be.
Yeah, PT can sneak up on you.
I have a fairly high pain tolerance in an immediate moment. When I was doing PT after a broken humerus, the therapist warned me about trying to do MORE than the resistance or weight, the number of reps prescribed or (worst of all) number of sessions in a day. I got distracted one day and went for "extra" on a wall climb exercise. And that night, I woke up in pain when I rolled over, and could not get back to sleep while my arm was throbbing.
The PT departments are at least as difficult to get into as the MD programs. I'm now a believer in their advice.

Yeah, PT can sneak up on you.
I have a fairly high pain tolerance in an immediate moment. When I was doing PT after a broken humerus, the therapist warned me about trying to do MORE than the resistance or weight, the number of reps prescribed or (worst of all) number of sessions in a day. I got distracted one day and went for "extra" on a wall climb exercise. And that night, I woke up in pain when I rolled over, and could not get back to sleep while my arm was throbbing.
The PT departments are at least as difficult to get into as the MD programs. I'm now a believer in their advice.
Yea, nobody gave me the same warning you got lol. I figured a few more reps than they told me to do wouldn't hurt. 🤷‍♂️
Well, now it hurts 😆

Found out I’m going to have to get knee surgery in a week and a half. That’s been discouraging and has definitely slowed the spring workout routine.

I guess I work on the upper body for a while instead. 💪
Good luck! You’ve got this. Hope your surgery goes smoothly. You can think about working out once you recover. One day at a time my friend 😄

My knee is aching, so that always limits me. Hoping it's better before baseball practice today. Can't have the coach limping!

Hang in there, feel better

Back