Deep Space (OOC - Recruiting for Group Game!)

HotCider

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
1,429
Deep Space (OOC - LF Female Captain and Engineer)

Deep Space

Seeking a female captain and engineer.

Inspirations: I was inspired to write this game by “Prometheus,” “Dead Space,” and “Aliens.” This game’s storyline will be similar to all three movies in that basically, everyone will be role playing a character on the rescue vessel Odysseus. There will be jobs outlined for you to claim. Everyone’s character will be important in this expedition. This will be a space erotica, so sensual writing can be expected. At the same time, there will also be—but of course!—science fiction.

The Story

It’s been ten years since the research vessel Galileo went missing in the Gaddis System. Oracle, a multibillion dollar corporation known for its scientific miracles, has volunteered to fund a rescue mission to locate the craft and its crew.

You are on the rescue shuttle Odysseus, which is pretty much a futuristic towboat. The mission is supposedly a search and rescue, but Oracle also desires an investigation be conducted to explain Galileo’s failure to return.

Your characters have been in cryosleep for two years and Odysseus’s AI will awaken everyone once it spots the dormant research vessel in the distance. The cryosleep capsules will be drained, life support will be removed, and it will be as though your characters are waking from a long sleep. You can also assume that their bodies were preserved for two years, and therefore, they hadn’t aged for two years. As soon as your characters awaken, they will head to the mess hall on the ship to have a nutritious meal and interactions can be made on the way. During mealtime, the Ship Director will brief everyone on why they are here (pretty much reminding them). He/she will also explain how they are going to board Galileo, any safety precautions such as wearing the space suit and helmet, and how not to wander off alone. Once that’s done, the investigation will begin, and as the GM, I will be dropping some interesting stuff to be investigated your way. Expect the unexpected!

In-Game Starting Date: December 25, 2094


Other Information

1. The Head Director a.k.a President of the Oracle Corporation is Dr. Calvin Denver. The guy doesn’t really care about the feelings of his employees. He just wants to see shit get done. So expect him to function selfishly if you see him in game.

2. I’m not going to write an elaborate description of the Odysseus. However, I will leave it up to you to describe it as you go. The IC will have a basic description, but if you invent any other areas of the ship, then they will be added to the front page of the IC. Also, if you invent a gadget that seems like a device everyone would have to use, it will be posted on the front page with a description also. I may also add a bestiary to keep track of the alien life-forms that will be discovered.

3. Now, this is a science fiction role play. There will be alien encounters, and I have added to the character profile a “yes” or “no” if you would be up for having your character infected or exposed to these alien’s naughty games. I will write down a list of outcomes that you can choose to have happen to your character. In your profile, when you come across this section, I want you to either write “N/A” (you won’t want anything alien to happen to your character) or the word in the list. Here’s the list:

a. Alien Pregnancy (if another character is infected and you have intercourse with him, then you may get something you didn’t want)
b. Tentacle Molestation
c. Chronic Arousal & Horniness (your character may get bitten or pricked and undergo such side-effects)
d. Mutation (your character is either (a) slowly being turned into an alien creature, or (b) becoming sexually enhanced such as gains larger breasts, penis, etc.)
e. Trapped (you may get lost or trapped in an area of Galileo with another crewmate and you will have to work together to survive the ship and its monsters)

If you come up with any to add or you want to make up your own, then be sure to just add that to your character’s profile with an explanation.

4. Dos and Donts: these are important because if there is any sexual action that you do not want to have happen to your character, then you need to fill this section out so other players will know.


Occupations

Ship Director (1) –the liaison working for the Oracle corporation who keeps Dr. Calvin Denver informed of the crews’ actions. He/she runs the rescue mission, and is above the captain.
• Captain (1) – He/she knows how to fly the ship and is knowledgeable of all of its functions. The captain is second in command on the ship since he is only an employee like the rest of the crew.
Helmsmen (2/2) – They assist the captain in flying the ship. They control other functions such as grappling hooks, controlling the power flow into different parts of the ship’s interior, and electronic security such as sealing chambers or hallways in cases of emergency.
• Scientists (∞) – If an alien life-form, strange artifact, or anything just plain weird is discovered, then it will be taken to the lab for the scientists to examine at their leisure. Scientists aboard the ship range from biologists, biochemists, geologists, archaeologists, etc. If you plan to have your character be a scientist, choose one of the sub-professions just explained.
• Doctors (∞) – If any crewmember becomes sick, wounded, or exposed, then the doctors will have to handle it. If the exposure is alien, then the doctors will have to cooperate with the scientists to handle the problem.
• Engineers (∞) – The engineers know how to operate machinery, hack into code locks, and pretty much fix any problems on the ship to the good of their ability. These guys and gals are very important.
• Security (∞) – They protect the crew and can be seen walking about totting heavy weaponry. You never know what might go down in space. If there’s ever a disturbance, they are there to deal with it. They will apprehend any crewmember who seems like a threat upon the ship and destroy anything that even tries to attack.

Whatever role isn’t filled out can be NPCed. You will assume that there are more personnel on the ship than there are that joined the game.


Character Sheet

Code:
Name: 
Nickname: (Optional; does your character have a nickname or preferred nickname?)
Age: (I expect everyone’s character to be older than 18)
Gender: 
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Visual Description: (Optional; you add a picture here, but if you can’t find one that matches what you envision, then I expect a very detailed written description to give a basic idea of what your character looks like.)
Written Description: (If your character has more details than what the picture describes such as tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, etc. You write all that here. You can even get creative. This is the future after all.)
Occupation: (Choose from the job list)
Personality: (Basic description of personality)
Likes: 
Dislikes:
Talents: (Cook, clean, fight, paint, etc.)
Psychological Quirks: (Have any social issues or noticeable habits such as distrust, short-temper, stubbornness, nail-biter etc.)
Brief Background: (Everyone comes from Earth, so if you want to explain where your character comes from. They can come from any country.)
Alien Encounter: (Yes or No; if Yes, add any from the list in the OOC, you can have more than one encounter/exposure)
Dos: (How you like your sexual play and what you’re okay with)
Donts: (What you don’t ever want to happen to your characters sexual wise)

If you like the character you made and want to add more information or even design his/her layout, then feel free. I was just giving you a basic skeleton.

Rules

1. Keep OOC in the OOC. No OOC bubbles in the IC please.
2. Respect each others’ dos and donts.
3. Stay in the illusion of the game. Please do not breech the barriers of OOC and IC.
4. Post at least 200 words or more.
5. Grammar and spelling to the best of your ability are a must.
6. Communication! Please, if you plan to leave on holiday, vacation, or if work is going to keep you busy for a few days, do not just inform your Rp Partner. Always keep the OOC up-to-date on your whereabouts because I WILL boot people that I feel are inactive from the game. I will PM you and give you four days to respond, if I get no response, then you’ll be booted from the game.
7. Tea parties. These are when two players choose only to RP with each other and ignore other players in the game. This is a group game. If you don’t want to RP as a group, then please leave and make a solo game. I don’t want my players feeling frustrated or ignored.
8. Have fun and be creative. As the GM, I can guide this game, but the game really shines when writers add their own imaginations to it and play their characters down to a T.
9. If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to share them with me, but in the end, whatever I say goes, so please respect that.
***10. Sex Scenes: If your sex scene is plot-related meaning its storyline related and you have something planned to happen besides just sex, then you MAY keep the scene in the IC. If your sex scene is NOT and it's just clearly a romp scene with one or however many partners, then you must make a separate thread. Once you have made the separate thread, you can post a link in the IC to it for those who want to read it and so that you can easily keep track of it. The reason why I'm asking you to do this is for "in-game time" reasons. Some sex scenes take a long time like (two weeks IRL time long) and so not to hold up the game waiting for John and Jane to finish, the game can continue on without consequence. While John and Jane are in a separate thread and time stream doing the do, those players not involved in adult play can go about their business. Also, the players involved in the separated sex scene, can resume role playing in the main thread so they aren't missing any of the plot. But plain and simply, this rule just puts sex scenes in their own time stream and they could have happened around any time in-game. This just allows players to enjoy the game without hold-ups or feeling like they need to rush.


Active Players
Victor Caldwell - Security - (HotCider) ♂
Katherine Reed - Security - (HotKittygirl) ♀
Adam Walker - Engineer - (kittenofdeath) ♂
Rex Lionheart - Helmsman - (BRIGHTWELL) ♂
Grace Weston - Doctor - (Nibbles_n_Tits) ♀
Rukka Nova - Scientist/Geneticist - (Carreira) ♂
Corcin Nacern - Helmsman - (Nordican) ♂
Nadia Pavelova - Scientist/Biochemist - (Sylnaeve) ♀
Colton Ford - Security - (Light Ice) ♂
Yelena Suvurova - Doctor - (emipet) ♀


Inactive Players
Ellen Kain - Captain - (Tight_n_ready) ♀
Rylee Scott - Engineer - (EuphoricDysphoria) ♀

Links

Deep Space IC: Odysseus

Deep Space IC: Galileo
 
Last edited:
I would definitely throw my hat into the ring for some fun sci-fi. The idea sounds really interesting. I will look over the character sheet and think up an interesting character idea.
 
Thank you for your interest. :) I am too going to write up a profile right now.
 
Name: Victor Caldwell
Nickname: Vick, Vic, Vicky (unless you want to die), or Ghost.
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Height: 6’2” (187.9 cm)
Weight: 215 lbs (77.5 kgs)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Grey


Written Description: Victor, upon first impression, looks like a man no one wants to mess with. His dark brows hang over stone-grey eyes in a natural frown and smiles rarely grace his lips, instead they come off as rather smug. His skin is creamy in complexion—a healthy pale that not only contrasts greatly with his hair, but gave him his nickname Ghost. His sideburns are military cut, a habit of his being a retired U. S. Marine. The hair on his crown is two-inches longer than the hair on the sides of his head and nape, and isn’t military cut.

The Marine is built for labor and toting around heavy equipment. He wears custom dog tags (not his original ones) that give his basic info yet include his nickname Ghost (also, one of the tags is a bottle opener), and sports a mood tattoo on his back in the form of tribal-designed, flaring angel wings, and on his left arm, tribal-designed flames. The tattoos only become visible when he’s in a certain mood and also the colors they glow determine his mood.

It is impossible to tell, but Victor’s right arm is artificial. It is a cybernetic arm that looks and feels like a normal, human arm but possesses other functions. It has a story, but Victor would have to like you to share it.

Occupation: Security

Personality: Victor normally keeps his opinions about people to himself, but if asked, he will gladly tell you what he thinks about the person or the mission. He’s self-confident to the point that he’s arrogant, and knows how to keep calm in the most tense of situations. He doesn’t like the idea of aliens, doesn’t believe in aliens, and while he’s in space, he doesn’t want to think about encountering aliens. It’s a simple search and rescue—go in and get the hell out.

The Marine isn’t afraid to compliment a woman and he’s rather indirect/discreet when he decides to hit on them—he thinks he’s so clever. He’s actually a little shy when it comes to directly hitting on a girl (he will try not to show it), but if she doesn’t instantly shut him down, he won’t be shy anymore.

Likes: A nice cold beer, beautiful women, sex, good food, arm wrestling (he swears he doesn't cheat), drinking games, working out, and getting a chance to use his plasma rifle for once.

Dislikes: People who call him Vicky, people who think they’re funny when they’re not, people who tell him what to do and they aren’t the higher authority, know-it-alls, and simply, people who get on his bad side.

Psychological Quirks: Victor is easily angered. He has a short temper thus he doesn’t take well to losing or people who try to crack even harmless jokes about him. If pushed enough, he would be the first to swing. He is a jealous man. He will deny it, but he is, and his jealousy may affect his relationship with his crewmates.

Talents: Expert Sharpshooter, Boxer, and a BBQ-man. He knows how to grill and make some mean BBQ.

Brief Background: Victor hails from Springfield, Missouri. He joined the Marine Corps at 18-years-old, and stayed in for seven years before he retired. He sought a job where an infantryman could transition into and his application was accepted by Oracle. What he thought to be a simple job as a security guard for some fany-smancy company wound up being something entirely unexpected. Nowhere on the job description did it talk about leaving the planet and two-year cryosleep!

Equipment:

Wilson G90 Assault Rifle: Victor’s favorite weapon. It is an assault rifle with a built-in particle accelerator that draws in and charges the particles in the air. Plasma is then discharged in a stream or in bursts of 90 rpm, which isn’t as amazing as the older technology, but it’s a sacrifice for having infinite rounds. As long as Victor remembers to charge/change its power cell, he won’t have any issues. Better yet, the longer he charges the particles the deadlier the discharge. Quantity: 1

Wilson Screamer: The pistol gets its name from the sound it makes when fired. The weapon when not silenced or “muzzled” makes a shrill noise for each shell of condensed plasma it releases. The playful phrase, “Pew, pew, pew!”can be associated with this gun. If the silencer is attached then it is frighteningly quiet. The gun's magazine holds up to 8 cells. Quantity: 1

Flower Grenades: The grenades are called flower grenades because of their explosive affect. Upon detonation, the blue plasma expands outward like a blooming flower seeking thermal equilibrium. They vary in size and for this mission, Victor went with the small ones that detonate up to 20 meters. Quantity: 3

Akamatsu Cybernetic Arm: It is a cybernetic arm that mimics an actual human arm. It looks real, feels real, but if you were to open it up you would not see bone or common muscle tissue. The arm gives Victor the look, feel, and function of a normal arm except that it still feels slightly different. Its heavier than his actual limbs and Victor must always keep in shape to wear it or suffer muscle strain. The arm alone is very strong and grants him the ability to lift 2 tons with ease. Victor’s arm also comes with a crushing grip that every now and then he likes to test on certain objects. He even throws bets to see how many things he can crush with it. The arm can overheat if it uses too much power to perform an action, which results in the skin melting and the gleaming-red metal being revealed underneath. Victor can feel things with the arm, but it carries no pain receptors.

Alien Encounters: b (possibly), c, d, e

Dos: Foreplay, flirting, dirty talk, biting/licking, dominating, spanking, tit play, twat play, giving cunnilingus, light hair-pulling, groping, man-handling, receiving head, cum shower, anal, and plain-old sex in its many possible positions (all these are possibilities but don’t have to happen if the other player isn’t comfortable with it).

Donts: Vomit, scat, golden showers, all that nasty crap that belongs in a toilet and nowhere else. Deliberately try to swallow cum, guy-on-guy love, fisting, and extreme BDSM.
 
Last edited:
Name: Ellen Kain

Nickname: Captain or Ma'am, anything else is likely to get you a cold and withering glare.

Age: 30

Gender: Female

Height: 5'8

Weight: 130 lbs

Hair colour: Black

Eye colour: Hazel

Written Description: Ellen has dusky, exotic skin, and a slender, though still curvaceous body. He hair is long, thick and lustrous and though she usually keeps it tied back it is her one vanity in life. Her body still holds the muscle from years of military training, the navy is just as brutal as the marines, perhaps more so because of the frequent exercises in zero G environments.

She has two tattoos, one on her left breast, a swooping eagle, her nipple forming it's eye, and one on her back, her right shoulder bears an intricate celtic swirl that stretches down to the base of her spine.

Occupation: Captain

Personality: Ellen is up front, she tells what she sees and damn the consequences, this has got her into trouble with her superiors more than once but somehow her honest nature and intelligence have pulled her through the worst of it. She's quite accustomed to the long deep space flights and tends to be unashamed sexually, she's always been honest and forefront and while that was curbed somewhat after her pregnancy she's not ashamed to search out sex when she feels the urge. She knows the power of good morale and often gets involved with the lower ranks drinking games and banter more than most other captains would.

Likes: Sex, strong rebellious men, drinking games, cards.

Dislikes: Irrational disobedience that threatens her crew, business, lying for profit, any dangers to her crew, disrespect.

Psychological Quirks: Temper, one of the reasons Ellen has almost been court-martialled so many times is her temper, she is liable to lose it when her crew is threatened without good reason, though in combat she is possessed by an almost ethereal calm, at least when she knows what she's facing she is.

Talents: Pilot, Martial Arts, Drinker

Brief Background: Ellen was in the navy for ten years, one of the best pilots in the fleet she rose in rank quickly, a few powerful friends ensured that she wasn't court-martialled for her frequent disciplinary digressions. But even they couldn't protect her when she became pregnant, her lover was one of the helmsmen of her vessel but when she refused to terminate the baby she was discharged from service. Two months before her son was born his father died putting down a rebellion in the outer colonies. When Luke was born she was already running out of funds, her limited pension could hardly support her and her baby and she was forced to take work again. Oracle was eager for captains with military experience and she was soon snapped up. She volunteered for the Odysseus mission, it was a long time, but the payoff was huge, if she got that then she would be able to spend more time with her son. The company would provide childcare till she returned, it's a simple mission, what can go wrong?

Equipment: Neural lace - A full cranial implant that enhances reflexes and co-ordination as well as allowing interface with a number of electronic system. Primarily military tech, all captains undergo this surgery as a matter of course, though it is far less common among civilian occupations. Though a few others on the ship may have one, Ellen is the only one capable of interfacing directly with the ships systems via hers.

Hellion Mk 3 - One of only two marks actually put into production the Hellion is one of the few remaining kinetic weapons in the armed forces. It has standard magazine capacity of 8, with each shell being a tiny, rocket propelled explosive that detonates when it penetrates the surface of the target. Though most prefer the more compact energy based plasma pistol, the Mk3 has remained popular thanks to it being the only sidearm capable of blowing a hole in your chest a foot wide.

Alien Encounters: A, B, C, D, E

Dos: Foreplay, flirting, dirty talk, biting, dominating/submitting, spanking, tit play, twat play, giving/recieving cunnilingus, light hair-pulling, groping, man-handling, giving head, anal and normal sex, some light bondage, girl on girl, group.

Don'ts: Any sort of scat, watersports vomit etc., serious BDSM
 
Last edited:
Name: Katherine Reed

Nickname: Kat

Age: 24

Gender: Female

Height: 5’9”

Weight: 139 lbs

Hair Color: Red with black streaks

Eye Color: Red

Visual Description: Kat

Written Description: The first thing one would notice about Kat was the odd coloration of her eyes, a bright and fiery red (see below). She keeps her hair relatively short though it isn’t without style, a mix of black streaks amidst her crimson locks offering a fetching contrast. Her skin is pale and creamy with few blemishes save the occasional scar. Her body is athletic and curvy, retaining a fair about of definition in her core and limbs from a physical lifestyle.

Occupation: Security

Personality: Kat was blunt and to the point. She had a wry, dry sense of humor that could best be described as dark. She was a glass half empty kind of person, though she always did her job to the best of her ability. She usually wore a smirk or a knowing smile, like she knew something everyone else didn’t and a joke or sarcastic comment was never far from her lips.

Likes: Jokes and off colored humor, smoking cigarettes, sex, sleeping.

Dislikes: People who take themselves too seriously, guard duty, most people in suits, cats, kids, and pickles.

Talents: Sharpshooter, enhanced vision, expert in hand-to-hand combat, good with her mouth (fellatio).

Psychological Quirks: Kat doesn’t trust many people and lets few get close. She is a constant smart ass that uses her sarcasm to hide her true emotions.

Brief Background: Kat had a very promising career as sharpshooter cut tragically short after she suffered damage in a artillery barrage in the field. Her eyes were damaged beyond repair in the blast and she received a honorable discharge. Kat thought she would spend the rest of her life as a cripple until an the corporation Oracle made her an offer she couldn’t refuse. For agreeing to work for them aboard the shuttle Odysseus they gave her the gift of sight in the form of a pair of cybernetic implants. The result left her with perfect vision (along with the limited ability to see in other spectrums), yet her eyes now had a rather unnatural red coloration.

Equipment:

Asymmetric Recoiless Carbine 920

The ARC-920 Railgun is a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike. Due to the heat generation of the rails the weapon can only be fired in semi automatic bursts to keep the weapon from overheating. Big and bulky, it can only be used with a servo harness attached to her armor.

MI-PP-R-01 Revolver

Based on the designs of old world revolvers, this pistol packs a wallop with explosive rounds that detonate on impact. It has a simple design and is easy to maintain and surprisingly light for its size. The gun’s capacity is 6 rounds.


Customized armor and helmet: Kat has her own suit of armor based off of the Rhea Space suit design. Of course it is more heavily reinforced and offers more protection than normal. Otherwise, it has all the same statistics unless otherwise noted. The color scheme is red on black with a smooth helmet reminiscent of a skull.

Concealed forearm vibroblade:

Built into the forearm casing of her armor, Kat can extend a that reaches a few inches past her outstretched fingertips. While razor sharp in its own right, it is actually a vibroblade capable of cutting through most materials with ease. The forearm compartment contained a compact ultrasonic generator, causing the blade to vibrate at an incredible speed, making even the slightest glancing blow become a gaping wound.

Vibroknife

Comparable to the concealed vibroblade of her armor but in a compact knife form. It vibrates at a far lesser frequency than the vibroblade, but since it is a knife it has its own powersupply that can last much longer than comparable knifes.

Oracle Corp Cybernetic eye array:

This is a state of the art cybernetic implant produced by the Oracle Corporation. While intended to enhance the user’s vision initially, it restored Kat’s vision completely after being blinded in the field. The implant offers the user perfect 20/20 vision as well as the ability to see into several other light spectrums.

Cybernetic targeting link:

This cyber-system provides a link between the gun and Kat’s vision. Sensors in the weapon determine exactly where it is pointed. This information is transmitted through a hookup in the palm of the user's hand and is displayed in the user's field of vision as a dot or small cross hair. The system also allows the user to know exactly how many rounds are left in the weapon's clip or magazine.


Alien Encounter: B, C, & E.

Dos: Foreplay, flirting, dirty talk, biting/licking, spanking, oral (giving & receiving), groups, men and women, anal, sex in every possible position.

Donts: Pretty much the same as everyone else. Nothing gross, scat, gore, vore, bondage, overly dominate or submissive situations (not interested in dominating or being dominated).
 

Attachments

  • Skull helmet.jpg
    Skull helmet.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Katt's Armor.jpg
    Katt's Armor.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Welcome aboard ladies. I added your characters to the active players list. Feel free to edit your profiles at your leisure or add more or less to your Dos and Donts. I see everyone is using bionics. I was going to use it for my character if he were an Engineer, but I chose against it. But I may go and add it any way.
 
I'd like to join the thread so long as you were ok on getting a character sheet from me around Saturday. Bout to head to Vegas for a few days but I love sci fi and a ship enviornment.
 
You know what this thread lacks? Engineers with re-purposed power tools, I intend to do something about that. I should have a character sheet up shortly.
 
Nordician: Sure. Thank you for keeping me up-to-date on your whereabouts. I hope to have enough people to start this game by Sunday (June 17th). Sunday will be my target start date for this game so expect an IC unless I post otherwise.

kittenofdeath: Thank you for your interest. :) I got the uncanny feeling that you're going to make an Isaac lol.
 
Nordician: Sure. Thank you for keeping me up-to-date on your whereabouts. I hope to have enough people to start this game by Sunday (June 17th). Sunday will be my target start date for this game so expect an IC unless I post otherwise.

kittenofdeath: Thank you for your interest. :) I got the uncanny feeling that you're going to make an Isaac lol.

What can I say, I have a thing for the judicious application of science.
 
Name: Adam Walker
Nickname: None, and quite dislikes any attempts to give him one.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Height: 6'3
Weight: 100kg
Hair Color: Dark Pink.
Eye Color: Gold.
Visual Description:
Him: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/353/9/e/reupload___Guy_by_flyingpeachbun.jpg
His skin suit: http://sieg-lancaster.deviantart.com/art/Exo-suit-Version-2-40237078?q=boost:popular exo suit&qo=146
His helmet: http://thenewcaferacersociety.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/helmet-as-art-bone-head-project-by.html
Written Description: Adam is tall and well toned from regular exercise, and notably pale from his extensive time away from natural light, with no visible blemishes on his skin bar the scar tissue on his legs where the cybernetics start. His visual appearance is quite at odds with who he is on the surface, a crazy hairstyle and colour, tattoos on his arms, you wouldn’t expect him to be as anti-social as he is, but in reality his hair is a precise mix of three dyes, cut and treated to an exact standard, and the tattoos on his arms are exact mirrors of themselves, Adams appearance is always deceptively orderly.
Occupation: Engineer
Personality: For a man with his issues, Adam is remarkably well adjusted, able to keep up his side of a conversation and even make the occasional joke, it doesn’t even seem forced unless you're skilled at reading people. To people he is comfortable around he is far more relaxed and honest about himself, and is actually more blunt with them rather than the very polite and formal attitude he uses for people he doesn’t know. In short, if hes nice when telling you you're wrong, he doesn’t like you that much, but if he admits that he thinks that what you did, and by extension you, are stupid, hes warmed up to you some.
Likes: Music, it has a lovely predicable order to it. Drinking, it takes the edge off his problems. Working on problems, finding solutions brings order to his life.
Dislikes: Nicknames, he has a name and so do you, you should use them. People who put his things out of order, he has better things to do than reorder it. Water, it never tastes clean.
Talents: Construction, demolition, mechanics, general science stuff, computer use, zero-G maneuvering, sneaky, basic combat skills, arranging things nicely.
Psychological Quirks: Phantom limb pains (his legs), Minor OCD (its small things, keeping doors closed, counting his footsteps, organizing his things a certain way ect ect) He does have medication for the problem though. He also loves drinking, but is a bit of a lightweight.
Brief Background:
Adam was a child prodigy, everything he tried came to him naturally, with the exception of social skills of course, academically he was years ahead of the other children, and he was quite accomplished in a local martial arts school, he was quickly rushed through schooling and was eagerly snapped up by the Oracle corporation as an engineer.

During transit to his first ship born posting, the shuttle suffered a critical failure, which vented atmosphere to half the shuttle, Adam was sadly on the side that was loosing air. He almost made the bulkhead before it closed, managing to slide most of his body under the door before it closed shut, removing both his legs at the upper thigh. This accident and the resulting recovery removed him from the corporations eyes as a wonder child, leaving him as a simple Engineer lost amongst the many employed by Oracle.

His posting to Odysseys wasn’t his choice, he just went where his bosses told him too, but he didn’t mind, its not like he had anything in his life outside of his work anyway.

Adam is objectively one of the best Engineers in the Oracle corporations employ, probably the best on the ship, his intelligence and aptitude make him over qualified if anything, but his issues occasionally come in to conflict with his performance, so he hasn’t made his way up the promotion ladder. He does have certifications to do everything he could possibly need to do on the ship though, from fixing a faulty light to stopping a catastrophic meltdown of the reactors, he has the credentials that say he can take care of it, so his superiors give him a workload above his pay grade, as well as certain allowances where his issues are concerned.

Equipment:
Union aerospace corporation R-EVA (Reenforced, Extra-Vehicular Activity) skin suit, Mk 4-E:
Essentially a lightly armoured, airtight bodysuit that is designed to be as unobtrusive as possible, allowing for it to be worn under other clothing, and to be as resistant to rupturing as possible, with systems to cut off breached areas in the case of emergency. While it can easily stand up to abrasions and offer impact resistance to the wearer, it is still a civilian version, and as such is a poor substitute for proper armour in any kind of hostile contact situation. As the engineer version (Mk 4-E) the suit is designed to be very resilient to dangerous environments such as reactor cores, and is fitted with exceptional zero-G maneuvering capabilities.

Union aerospace corporation ELMS (EchoLocation Mapping System) Gauntlet:
Designed to be compatible with all UAC EVA suits without compromising suit integrity, this glove device has a small emitter on the palm that broadcasts a directed sonic pulse of variable intensity (The UAC is not responsible for any ear damage caused by improper usage or tampering to the device.) that is used to map out areas as large as 6 meters away from the user. The most common use for an Engineer is to send a tiny pulse through a machine to map out its inner workings and check for faults rather than completely disassemble the item.

Tyrell Corporation Neural interface lace:
An upgrade from before his accident, when he was on the fast track to the top, and the reason for his gold eyes, the interface and its the corresponding display augmentation to his eyes are top of the line and allows interface with any computer system he has access to, though he doesn’t have the authority to plug directly in to the ships systems. Also is linked though his nervous system to improve reflexes and allow him to control his legs.

Omni Consumer Products Cybernetic locomotion replacement system:
This set of Cybernetic legs isn’t the prettiest, with just the most basic of shaping to look normal when covered, and doesn’t offer anything other than basic contact sense, but its effectiveness cant be denied, along with the cybernetic reinforcement of the rest of his lower musculature that was required to make them work, it gives Adam inhuman speed and leg strength. While he prefers avoidance to conflict, they can be quite useful when he is forced to defend himself.

Blue Sun 'Space Tape':
Also known as 'an engineers best friend' due to its ease of use and its universal applicability. Visually, Space Tape is similar to electrical tape from a hundred years ago, and it operates in much the same manner, only far far stronger, being both airtight and virtually impossible to remove without special equipment. Many engineers use this tape for everything, so ships usually have a good supply, but seasoned engineers still hoard the resource just in case, so much so that it is sometimes used in place of actual money when gambling occurs in the engineering sector.

Schofield Tools portable plasma welder:
Designed to be small and simple, the plasma welder has a decent battery life/materials consumption, and can easily cut through anything if given enough time, though something as thick and robust as a starship hull would take a very, very long time. Schofield Tools advises against improper calibration, as it is possible to cause the plasma to become unfocused and be projected at a dangerous rate and distance.

Other items are issued to him as his job requires.

Alien Encounter: B (maybe), C, D (maybe), E
Dos: If its not on the donts list, its here or I haven’t heard of it.
Donts: Scat, piss, guy on guy, gore. Thats all I can think of.



I'm not going to lie, its slightly based on Issac Clark, Dead Space one Issac to be precise, where he rather stoically does what he must, doesn't really speak, and stomps god damned everything. As for the skin suit, I imagine it as being close to today's Kevlar in its capabilities, perhaps slightly better, but a plasma rifle, or a chitinous scything talon of unknown origin is still going to make a mockery of it.
 
Last edited:
Helmsman/ Navigator

I dear say I love open ended space stories. If I may I would like to include one of my favorite charactors, Rex Lionheart. He would make for a great navigator. Will have a charactor sheet available shortly.
 
kittenofdeath: Yeah, Isaac is pretty awesome. I look forward to Dead Space 3 with the Co-op. I added Adam to the list.

BRIGHTWELL: Thank you for your interest. Helmsman, navigator, similar function but because you may be performing more than just a navigational duty, I just gave it some fancy, vague name.


I will say that some jobs won't be required to leave the ship because their duty is on the ship itself. So Captain, Director, Helmsmen, and Medical personnel may find themselves on the ship only, but don't think it's going to be boring. Let's just say, if a certain lifeform happens to "secretly" make its way on the ship, then yeah...all I'm going to say. :devil:

The reason why those jobs above won't be leaving is because they're monitoring the people who are exploring the Galileo and keeping communication. If shit goes down, you probably don't want some alien monster trying to get on the ship. It would jeopardize everyone.

But yes, expect on and off ship drama to put everyone in suspenseful and tasking situations. But before all this crazy stuff happens, there will be a sandbox period at the beginning of the game around the mess hall where characters can interact and see who they're going to like and dislike.

Already, I have a feeling Victor isn't going to like Adam and he would be the first to give him a nickname lol.
 
Doctor-

It looks like you have put together a great RP. If you are still in need of a doctor, I'd love to join the mission, and watch over the crew from the safety of the Odysseus while they bravely risk their lives in the name of humanity, science, and cold hard cash :)

-nibs
 
helmsman/Navigator

BRIGHTWELL: Thank you for your interest. Helmsman, navigator, similar function but because you may be performing more than just a navigational duty, I just gave it some fancy, vague name.


Ah,quite true. The basic differance between a helmsman and a Navigator is one is an officer and the other not. The navigator will be plotting the coarse of the ship. That means he needs to know Stellatograghy. A helmsman points the ship where he is told to, and it goes. And yes other duties, and studies will be required of the navigator. I look forward to our little ride amoung the stars.
 
Looks like we're getting some interesting people. Starting to shape up good. /success

Edit: I got a quick question. Any good resources for say equipment a character might have? I'm not to sure what kind of weaponry or armor Kat would have, or if something is standard issue, etc. So any help more experienced sci-fi goers might have is appreciated.
 
Rex Lionheart

Name: Rex Lionheart

Nick name: N/A

Age:28

Gender:Male

Height:6'2"

Weight: 195 Ibls

Hair color:Sandy(When in the sunlight) in a longish Military style(darkens when indoors)

Eye clolor:Hazel

Visual Description: Rough looking, backwoodsman type. Strong face with dreep cut lines. Looks dangerous all the time. His smile is closed mouth like he knows a good joke and its on some one else. Even when he relaxes he looks tense. .
Anglo-American/Moon, third generation 'Moonie"(born on Terren moon)

Occupation: Navagator/Helmsman

Personality:Seriously business like. Keen mind, doesn't suffer fools. Tends to be quiet. He listens, then speaks. Very steady at his job, and doesn't panic. All ways is aware of everything around him. Comfortable with weapons, rather fight with hands.

Likes: Loves all women, anything female catches his eye, though he prefers humans as bed mates. Drinks some, but not to excess. Likes bars and taverns for the games and the ladies.

Dislikes:No nose candy or vein runners, no drugs, he feels its too 20th century. Liers and theives. Layabouts(lazy).

Talents:Studious. Learns quickly. Good shot. Good understanding of tactics.

Psychological Quirks: Likes to read thing upside down. Has a tendance to look sideways at people over his shoulder.

Brief Background:Five years in miliatary flying scouts ships.(Spiders). 3 years back won the interplanitary race from Earth to Neptune with three second place finishes previosly.

Alien Encounter:A&B-no, C-ok,D-limited,E-ok

Does: straight sex, different places, negitive G, on planet surfaces in open air,ect

Don'ts: no same sex, scat, piss, blood
 

Attachments

  • Rex.jpg
    Rex.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks like we're getting some interesting people. Starting to shape up good. /success

Edit: I got a quick question. Any good resources for say equipment a character might have? I'm not to sure what kind of weaponry or armor Kat would have, or if something is standard issue, etc. So any help more experienced sci-fi goers might have is appreciated.

Well, going off the current equipment listed for players, standard weapons tend to be plasma based, so you cant go wrong with a generic phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range (which means a gun that shoots shiny stuff). This is based upon Victors load out, which is exclusively plasma based, and Ellens sidearm, which is noted as being unusual for being a slug thrower, even if it is an advanced one.

As for armour, nothing in the thread so far has really commented on the subject so far, Adams skin suit is noted as offering some protection but being inferior to proper armour. However its likely that as a security force, any armour would be similar to current security division designs, some kind of protective vest that secures at the sides, though clearly made of superior materials to what we have today.

This kinda makes me want to go hunt down examples, but if I start doing that I'll disappear for about 2 hours and get nothing done.

Name: Rex Lionheart

Just a checking that you posted the right picture, because its like, 2 pixels big right now and currently doesn't offer much in the way of description.
 
Back
Top