Club Experiences

MechaBlade

irrumatio king
There's a power exchange near me. I'm planning on checking it out soon, but I was wondering if there's any sort of etiquette expected. I've been to a fetish club once, but I think this experience is going to be a little different.

Some help/experiences?

Non-BDSM related sex/fetish club comments are welcome.

There's a power exchange near me. I'm planning on checking it out soon, but I was wondering if there's any sort of etiquette expected. I've been to a fetish club once, but I think this experience is going to be a little different.

Some help/experiences?

Non-BDSM related sex/fetish club comments are welcome.

I think the general "don't touch it if you don't have permission" basic litter box training approach should do you just fine.

If you see people doing something really stupid, tell the staff, don't insert yourself into it, tempting as it may be to scream "what the hell are you DOING going for a darwin award????"

I think the general "don't touch it if you don't have permission" basic litter box training approach should do you just fine.

If you see people doing something really stupid, tell the staff, don't insert yourself into it, tempting as it may be to scream "what the hell are you DOING going for a darwin award????"

How does one ask for permission?

For example, when I went to the fetish club, I was dancing with my lady and another couple suddenly began grinding with the woman's back grinding against mine. I was okay with it since all I had to do was move away, but in this case they touched before making any verbal communication.

For example, when I went to the fetish club, I was dancing with my lady and another couple suddenly began grinding with the woman's back grinding against mine. I was okay with it since all I had to do was move away, but in this case they touched before making any verbal communication.

People do that in all clubs, wait till they grind the front. Personally I don't like it, strangers get off.

Intentional contact without permission like that wouldn't be okay in our club, but they make it a point to create an environment where no one feels pressured.

If you're interested in someone, I'd suggest starting a regular, friendly conversation, then asking things like how long they've been in the scene, what they enjoy most, etc. If that's going well, you can politely ask if they'd like to do XYZ with you, then negotiate the terms of that activity from there.

If it's something simple like dancing, say hi, introduce yourself, and ask if they'd like to dance.

Being friendly and interested in them as a whole person is the key to not coming off as creepy, IME. When people go in looking for easy sex, they're usually disappointed and guys with that attitude often do come off as very creepy.

Does the club near you have a website? If so, does it talk about rules and etiquette? Or, do they have an orientation for new people, or someone you can contact to ask what's generally accepted and frowned upon?

Apart from getting permission to touch, drugs and alcohol (including coming in under the influence), doing edgier activities (fire, knifeplay, blood and watersports, etc.) without asking/notifying a staff member, pestering people/not taking "no" for an answer, treating people poorly, and other common sense things like that are often frowned upon. Having excellent personal hygiene is always important too, of course.

I've never heard of a club that doesn't have staff on hand to answer questions about the rules and etiquette, so provided you ask questions, obey the rules and are your usual friendly self, you should be fine. You might want to treat your first time as solely a learning experience, rather than expect to jump right in and participate. Observe and get a feel for everything so you can be more comfortable and have fun in the future. :)

In addition to what others have stated I suggest finding out what the clubs fluid contact policy is - latex, glove, condom, blood & pee play, etc. Some clubs allow NO fluid exchange chances even between fluid bonded couples.

Also what about clothing/lack of clothing policy? Some clubs allow naked men to wank while watching from a reasonable distance (with fluid collection covering safely in place) - are you ok with that?

We want stories posted later, please. :D

:kiss:

The only place I've been was Hellfire in NYC, back when it was along 9th Ave in Chelsea. My suggestion is: OBEY ALL POSTED RULES. If you didn't bring it with you, and it isn't dead or otherwise non-living, don't touch it. Just because somebody is doing something in a place that you can see doesn't mean they are inviting you to participate. Always, always, always be respectful, and follow the Golden Rule. If they have a website, make sure you check out the rules BEFORE you go, and if you have any questions, CONTACT THEM!

Oh, and don't take your junk out 10 seconds after you arrive. Cuz seriously, that weirded me out more than anything else. It was vaguely cool to know I had that power over men - that I was attractive and made them want to beat off - but it was also a little disturbing to see a bunch of guys with their junk hanging out in a public place.

Don't wear your finest leathers. Dress respectably, but not like a snob. Don't dress like a grubby slacker either. Look nice. It'll make sure you're allowed back, if nothing else!

Also, clubs vary on alcohol policy; Hellfire didn't serve any at the time. Their policy will be included with their rules sheet, follow it.

I wish I knew if Hellfire was still around. I heard it closed, but then I heard it reopened. I heard it was much better than Paddles, which I never went to, but which is also a big NYC fetish thing.

I ask permission by saying "may I, do you mind?" or screaming it, if it's loud and pointing.

A lot of people don't know or don't care. I had to deal with this coked up nymphette inserting herself into my shit badly at one point, and it was very awkward. It's one thing to think "I'll kick anyone's ass if they do that" and it's another when someone is kind of pushing pushing and is now suddenly oh shit, way past your boundaries.

It's wise to be much more explicit than you would be in a vanilla drunken party setting and much less hinty.

Does the club near you have a website? If so, does it talk about rules and etiquette? Or, do they have an orientation for new people, or someone you can contact to ask what's generally accepted and frowned upon?
They have a website, but it doesn't give information like that.

I've never heard of a club that doesn't have staff on hand to answer questions about the rules and etiquette, so provided you ask questions, obey the rules and are your usual friendly self, you should be fine. You might want to treat your first time as solely a learning experience, rather than expect to jump right in and participate. Observe and get a feel for everything so you can be more comfortable and have fun in the future. :)
Makes sense.

In addition to what others have stated I suggest finding out what the clubs fluid contact policy is - latex, glove, condom, blood & pee play, etc. Some clubs allow NO fluid exchange chances even between fluid bonded couples.

Also what about clothing/lack of clothing policy? Some clubs allow naked men to wank while watching from a reasonable distance (with fluid collection covering safely in place) - are you ok with that?

:kiss:
I don't plan on stripping down or exchanging fluid unless I see others doing the same, and still I just can't see myself getting that lucky on my first night there.

As for stories, it depends how well it goes.

Oh, and don't take your junk out 10 seconds after you arrive. Cuz seriously, that weirded me out more than anything else. It was vaguely cool to know I had that power over men - that I was attractive and made them want to beat off - but it was also a little disturbing to see a bunch of guys with their junk hanging out in a public place.
I'm not that type of guy. Unless I see you, Etoile. Then I'm gonna whip it out and slam it like I've never slammed before.

Don't wear your finest leathers. Dress respectably, but not like a snob. Don't dress like a grubby slacker either. Look nice. It'll make sure you're allowed back, if nothing else!
I've never been told I dress too well, so I will be wearing my Saturday night finest, with a touch of leather.

Also, clubs vary on alcohol policy; Hellfire didn't serve any at the time. Their policy will be included with their rules sheet, follow it.

I wish I knew if Hellfire was still around. I heard it closed, but then I heard it reopened. I heard it was much better than Paddles, which I never went to, but which is also a big NYC fetish thing.
NY sounds cool. All I know is that they do serve alcohol, but since I'm driving there, I won't be drinking.

I ask permission by saying "may I, do you mind?" or screaming it, if it's loud and pointing.

A lot of people don't know or don't care. I had to deal with this coked up nymphette inserting herself into my shit badly at one point, and it was very awkward. It's one thing to think "I'll kick anyone's ass if they do that" and it's another when someone is kind of pushing pushing and is now suddenly oh shit, way past your boundaries.

It's wise to be much more explicit than you would be in a vanilla drunken party setting and much less hinty.
Gotcha.

I got to the club and found out it was not a sex club at all. No fluid exchange. Just spanking and nudity. I was sad to see the women weren't very nude, only some were topless. A few nude guys.

I wandered around, munching free snacks, checking out the different rooms. During the day, this place has dom and subs for hire. They also promised to have subs wandering around tonight, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell who was working and who was just a sub that knew everyone. One girl dressed as a dude (called herself a "schmale" or something) told me that's how it's supposed to be. Damn lying website.

My first experience should have been horrifying, but I was so curious I didn't mind. A guy and girl recruited me to watch the show, which I should have been wary against when they wouldn't say what it was about. It was the fetish I have hated since I discovered it. That's right, sounding. This guy blew up his cock to MonsterCock® proportions using some sort of dick pump and then inserted things into his urethra. I just watched in astonishment and talked with him until he prepared for an encore show. I got the fuck out.

From then on all I did is basically watch people whip and beat and tie up each other. It was pretty cool, I tried to learn new techniques that I'll maybe use years from now when I have a girlfriend who's into this stuff.

Mostly it was frustrating because I didn't know how I could get involved. I considered asking this one girl if she wanted to try the pillory, but luckily moved too slow. She turned out to be dommy. I took food off of the semi-naked girl and asked a house girl if I could tickle her (as someone else already did), but I was not allowed.

The highlight of the evening was watching these guys put a hot ass sub in the pillory. They didn't know how to keep it closed, but I had been looking at it earlier, so I helped them put in the pillory's bolts. However, the wrist holes were too large. So one guy needed to hold her hands while someone else held her feet. I volunteered to hold her feet and with three guys holding her down, a fourth guy whipped her and rubbed her cooch through her panties. It was awesome because I was right behind her ass and had a great view and loved holding her down when she would struggle after a vicious hit.

Still, I didn't know where the boundaries were. The other guy holding her leg started to feel her leg up and it felt creepy and unwanted. She said "I don't like being touched there" around this time, but I think this is when the main dude was rubbing her pussy. I didn't know who she was talking to, and they both stopped. Of course, at this time I thought the main guy was her boyfriend or something (wrong) and that it wasn't likely him that she was talking to. It was all very confusing and I wanted to touch more but, me being raised as a gentleman, never did.

All in all, I enjoyed spending time and talking to like minded people, but the frustration of looking without touching makes me think I might not go there again. I did get a number out of it, but I have no idea what to do with it.

What was interesting is how doms dressed. Most of the girls dressed the same: corsets if they were dommy, panties and pasties if they weren't. Sub guys dressed up like sissies or shirtless or leather-y. But guys that I surmised as dominant dressed either in regular clothes, or leather in the case of this one switch, or punk. One guy was dressed in a black on black suit. I have to admit he looked awesome, but he stuck the wall and didn't talk to anyone, so that took a little away from his dom factor.

And that's basically it.

Last edited:
I got to the club and found out it was not a sex club at all. No fluid exchange. Just spanking and nudity. I was sad to see the women weren't very nude, only some were topless. A few nude guys.

I wandered around, munching free snacks, checking out the different rooms. During the day, this place has dom and subs for hire. They also promised to have subs wandering around tonight, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell who was working and who was just a sub that knew everyone. One girl dressed as a dude (called herself a "schmale" or something) told me that's how it's supposed to be. Damn lying website.

My first experience should have been horrifying, but I was so curious I didn't mind. A guy and girl recruited me to watch the show, which I should have been wary against when they wouldn't say what it was about. It was the fetish I have hated since I discovered it. That's right, sounding. This guy blew up his cock to MonsterCock® proportions using some sort of dick pump and then inserted things into his urethra. I just watched in astonishment and talked with him until he prepared for an encore show. I got the fuck out.

From then on all I did is basically watch people whip and beat and tie up each other. It was pretty cool, I tried to learn new techniques that I'll maybe use years from now when I have a girlfriend who's into this stuff.

Mostly it was frustrating because I didn't know how I could get involved. I considered asking this one girl if she wanted to try the pillory, but luckily moved too slow. She turned out to be dommy. I took food off of the semi-naked girl and asked a house girl if I could tickle her (as someone else already did), but I was not allowed.

The highlight of the evening was watching these guys put a hot ass sub in the pillory. They didn't know how to keep it closed, but I had been looking at it earlier, so I helped them put in the pillory's bolts. However, the wrist holes were too large. So one guy needed to hold her hands while someone else held her feet. I volunteered to hold her feet and with three guys holding her down, a fourth guy whipped her and rubbed her cooch through her panties. It was awesome because I was right behind her ass and had a great view and loved holding her down when she would struggle after a vicious hit.

Still, I didn't know where the boundaries were. The other guy holding her leg started to feel her leg up and it felt creepy and unwanted. She said "I don't like being touched there" around this time, but I think this is when the main dude was rubbing her pussy. I didn't know who she was talking to, and they both stopped. Of course, at this time I thought the main guy was her boyfriend or something (wrong) and that it wasn't likely him that she was talking to. It was all very confusing and I wanted to touch more but, me being raised as a gentleman, never did.

All in all, I enjoyed spending time and talking to like minded people, but the frustration of looking without touching makes me think I might not go there again. I did get a number out of it, but I have no idea what to do with it.

What was interesting is how doms dressed. Most of the girls dressed the same: corsets if they were dommy, panties and pasties if they weren't. Sub guys dressed up like sissies or shirtless or leather-y. But guys that I surmised as dominant dressed either in regular clothes, or leather in the case of this one switch, or punk. One guy was dressed in a black on black suit. I have to admit he looked awesome, but he stuck the wall and didn't talk to anyone, so that took a little away from his dom factor.

And that's basically it.

I'm amazed that sounding was the show.

To be honest, I like *doing* it now, and even I had to leave the room pronto the first time I ever saw guys doing it. No matter how liberated from the sexual hegemony you think you are, the first time you see some wide metal thing go in a dickhole you will probably feel a bit ill.

As for the hot-weird-hot factor of your 4 way on the pillory, that sounds about par for the course of a lot of casual public play I've done. It's more fun than a lot of things, but not the hottest thing in the universe. What is nice about going to these kinds of things is that if you put in some face time and meet some people and gather a couple of phone numbers you'll eventually get invited to the *good* parties which are private, often thrown by prodommes with their own spaces, often thrown by cool non-pro people who do eventually burn out on throwing them.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention things that you guys may find interesting.

For one, there were a surprising amount of black people there. We're notoriously unkinky I think, but there were a few couples, and they didn't all come together.

Then there were a couple of protocol breaches. One guy was doing fire play in a dark room and one of the employees turned on the lights suddenly (as doing things in the dark was against the rules), but several people got mad at her as evidently that was dangerous. I don't get it, because light should only help you see better, but some said the fire play guy could have burned his mate.

Then a guy was carried out. I didn't see what he did, all I heard was drunken babbling as two guys quickly walked/dragged him to the exit.

What is nice about going to these kinds of things is that if you put in some face time and meet some people and gather a couple of phone numbers you'll eventually get invited to the *good* parties which are private, often thrown by prodommes with their own spaces, often thrown by cool non-pro people who do eventually burn out on throwing them.
That would be nice, to go to some private parties, but I feel very shy and uncomfortable about bringing my bdsm identity outside the safety of the club. Which is why I may not call the number I have.

That would be nice, to go to some private parties, but I feel very shy and uncomfortable about bringing my bdsm identity outside the safety of the club. Which is why I may not call the number I have.

I'm not sure I understand this. The club is safer than doing it in private? I'm not giving you grief at all, just honestly confused.

Personally, I did, and do, way more in private settings than at parties, and those have more going on that I would be willing to do at a club. Admittedly, my victim lives with me, but still, my comfort level is private is vastly higher than in public.

Me? I'd call that number.

Yes, but you're easy. Slut.

You say this like it is a bad thing?

And I'll have you know that I've not collected that many phone numbers. Okay, a few, but I haven't called many. Okay, most of them, but still...

You say this like it is a bad thing?

And I'll have you know that I've not collected that many phone numbers. Okay, a few, but I haven't called many. Okay, most of them, but still...
Not at all! It was a compliment!

Correct me if i am wrong but the sudden flash of light in the fire play scene could have f'ed up the Tops vision and caused his "aim" to be off...hence the bottom getting burned.

Clubs like this have no appeal for me, but it sounds like you had an interesting time.

I'm not sure I understand this. The club is safer than doing it in private? I'm not giving you grief at all, just honestly confused.
Yes. If someone goes out of bounds, big angry men will carry that person out of the club. No penetration expected or allowed. It's much safer in every way. Maybe not as fun.

Correct me if i am wrong but the sudden flash of light in the fire play scene could have f'ed up the Tops vision and caused his "aim" to be off...hence the bottom getting burned.

Clubs like this have no appeal for me, but it sounds like you had an interesting time.
That's what I thought, but one of the guys who was upset said that wasn't the only reason.

I did.

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier Mecha.

This reminds me so much of my first "sex party" experience. I think I posted about it some time ago, but I can't find it.

As you've discovered, there are a lot of different kinds of "sex parties".

I attend this one, this one and this one regularly and this one whenever they hold it.

Each one of those parties is very different, with it's own general etiquette and possibilities. As far as general advice goes, I think you've gotten a lot of good advice in this thread. I will add a few more things:

1. Be careful about the impressions you make. The kinky community is much, much smaller than it looks at first appearance. I've been going to these parties for a few years now, and I'm noticing more and more of the same people. I've been to fetish parties in other cities and states and been shocked at how many people I recognize. Because of this, I offer two sub-recommendations:

1a. Don't be a pussy, but don't be an ass either. Try your best to know who you're talking to. It pays to be nice to some people. I made the mistake of insulting people who I figured to be inconsequential, only to later find out that so and so was a hugely influential person in the scene. Be careful who you hook up with. Just because she says it's ok and her man says it's ok doesn't always mean it's ok, if you get my drift. Use your judgment.

1b. Don't kiss and tell! When you do start collecting some hook up stories, keep them to yourself!! There is nothing that will keep a girl away from you more than knowing that whatever she does with you will become public news. Discretion will get you to the real freaky shit!

2. Talk. A lot. But also know when to shut up. Keep in mind that A LOT of the people at these kinds of parties are just as lost, nervous and uncomfortable as you are. Don't be afraid to go up to a girl wearing nothing but a Karada harness and have the same conversation you would have at a 'nilla club. The amount of pressure that people are dealing with to "be sexy" at these kinds of parties can border on ridiculous. Some relaxed conversation is often incredibly welcome. At the same time, don't forget to be flirtatious and dish out lots of compliments. Most women are fighting A LOT of insecurities to get naked at these parties, and they need to hear they look good. If she's making eye contact, staying close, but not yapping her head off... it's time to speak body language.

3. Be friendly. Show love and appreciation indiscriminately. Show people you're having a good time and they will be drawn to you. There's nothing wrong with looking good, being confident, etc., but sex parties are not the place to "be cool". Smile lots. People who get laid smile a lot and people who smile a lot get laid.

Finally, call the number dude. You got it for a reason, right? Decide what you want to do with the girl BEFORE you call.

Yes. If someone goes out of bounds, big angry men will carry that person out of the club. No penetration expected or allowed. It's much safer in every way. Maybe not as fun.

Erm, okay. I guess I see it differently. I find an environment that I personally control to be safer. When I play in public, the rules of the space are an omnipresent modifier to my actions. Still, public play has its' own set of advantages, so I accept it.

And that's basically it.

We went to Power Exchange in San Fran. A LOT of t-girls and crossdressers. Also plenty of sub guys. The couples floor was lame for the most part upstairs. I think two couples had sex with each other but were just exhibitionist (and not good. Fuck in better lighting for god sake)

In the basement the "seedier" elements rained (I like seedy elements) but there was a huge lack of females down there and not that much to see.

Did a scene in a club on Friday, and was thinking about this thread on the drive home. In retrospect, I can see how you would feel safer in that environment. It is a different kind of safe though. Less intimacy, basically, so greater emotional safety.

I also forgot to mention things that you guys may find interesting.

For one, there were a surprising amount of black people there. We're notoriously unkinky I think, but there were a few couples, and they didn't all come together.

It is the "Obama Phenomenon"

Slowly, I think we are just seeing how diverse and embedded we are across culture. Kinda like its weird Obama is supposedly getting more middle and upper class primary support while Hilary gets blue collar and low income.

When I've been to clubs I've never had that "fly on the wall" feeling. I see more black/white couples than black guy and girls though. I did note that.

But overall, I see at least 10-25 percent black attendance at swinger, sex club and BDSM clubs I've been too.

And that's basically it.

Take meeeeeeee!!!!!!

Back