Beyond Delicious: Same Title Challenge (sort of)

annaswirls

Pointy?
Okay it might be a little early for apple season, but take a look at the list of apple names below!!! There is absolutely one for you on the list....from Red Mutant sci fi to Pink Lady romance, there is a flavor for all tastes.

Guidelines:

1. Scan the list of apple names
2. Write a poem with the name as a title.
3. Submit them to literotica in the usual way, on July 5, so hopefully they all show up on the same day's New Poems list. *

Fine Print:

*If you will not have access to the computer on July 5th, you can submit it early along with a note to Laurel explaining that you would like the poem to be posted with the others in the challenge.

* The poem does NOT HAVE TO BE about apples at all. Just use the name to inspire you to write write write and have fun fun fun.

* When you submit, include the word CHALLENGE in the title so that we can easily identify and participants can try to leave comments on their fellow challenge member's poetry. You can also comment on your favorites right here on this thread. All participants wishing to get constructive crit. on their poems should try to post their poems here early, and save general comments for the public comments section-- this is not a contest, it is a party. The time to tell someone their zipper is down is before you get there...lets make this a fun challenge-- all styles and tastes and levels of experience welcomed and encouraged.

*If you are interested in joining in the produce partee, sign in on this thread... if you have questions or want to share drafts and ideas, post them here, if you want to hijack, please feel free, you do not even need to take off your shoes on the way in. Discussion welcome, bickering and whining not and name callers will be shunned and made to smell the shoes of those who decide to take their off on the way in.

*Any type of poem is acceptable and welcome. Illustrated might be fun. Crunching audio might be cool too, reciting the poem with a mouthful of fruit flesh...

*If you have an apple name that is not on the list, please feel free to use it as a title! No one is going to check.

Take a gander at these choices!

Abbondanza
Annie Elizabeth
Aport
Arkansas
Aroma
Baldwin
Belle de Boskoop
Belle de Boskoop Red Mutant
Ben Davis
Berlesch Pippin
Blenheim Orange
Boskoop
Bramley's Seedling
Calville Blanc
Cortland
Cox's (see Cox's Orange Pippin)
Cox's Orange Pippin
Crispin
Delicious
Discovery
Egremont Russet
Ellison's Orange
Elstar
Empire
Esopus Spitzenburg
Fuji
Gala
Glockenapfel
Gloster
Golden Delicious
Granny Smith
Gravenstein
Grimes Golden
Idared
Ingrid Marie
James-Grieve
Jonagold
Jonathan
King Davis
King Edward VII
King Pippin
Lady Williams
Lane's Prince Albert
Laxton's Superb
Lord Derby
McIntosh
Melrose
Monarch
Mutsu (see Crispin)
Newton Wonder
Northern Spy
Ontario
Pink Lady
Red Delicious
Reine des Reinettes
Rhode Island Greening
Rome Beauty
Royal Gala
Sekaiichi
Spartan
Stark
Starking
Starkrimson
Stayman
Stirling Castle
Sundowner
Tompkins King
Tydeman's Late Orange
Winesap
Winston
Worcester Pearmain
Yellow Newton
York Imperial

Last edited:
giggles, apples

I saw one said something about LIzzie? is it a bright red borden apple?

you get such grape I deas!!

I will do my best, put me down as a probbaly will, unless something gosh awful happens

:)

Maria2394 said:
I saw one said something about LIzzie? is it a bright red borden apple?

you get such grape I deas!!

I will do my best, put me down as a probbaly will, unless something gosh awful happens

:)

well I hope nothing gosh awful happens, but if it does, well hell, write a poem about it and slap an apple name on as a title :)

and well, you could slip a pineapple poem in and you know we would still love you :)

annaswirls said:
well I hope nothing gosh awful happens, but if it does, well hell, write a poem about it and slap an apple name on as a title :)

and well, you could slip a pineapple poem in and you know we would still love you :)

youre sweeter than any pineaple I ever tasted, anna

I wont slip in no pineapple poems though. I like pink ladies....;)

northern spy in the sky

I imagine it was designed by
some fucked up hellion employed
in some itsy bitsy office, in control
of an unmanned predator,
stalking insurgents over Iran

its inner design modified by analysts
with big ears and brothers even bigger
its peel instructed to implode on catact
with any traitor's lips

reducing them to applesauce
in form of tasty radar blips

Last edited:
Reading that list makes me want my grand's golden sourcream pie...
I've only heard of a few apples on that list, but it all sounds delish, so I'm in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not mine, but hey, it fits the title:

Gala
by The Waterboys

Gala hangs from the window frame
dressed in black and white.
Her face is colourless in the moonlight.
She turns around and her lips move
but the words just drop away.
She leans on the back of a chair
and her arms begin to sway.

She and I can hear voices
talking in the room next door,
saying things we used to say
that we can’t believe in any more.
We’ve seen too many castles crumble,
made too many innocent mistakes.
Who could have known that one house
could hold so much heartbreak?

And then the clockbell rings,
the wind blows in -
Gala makes for the door.
Her eyes blaze and her hands are shaking,
she opens her mouth and roars,

Gala doesn’t want,
Gala doesn’t need
She claws at her face
with her nails till it bleeds,
she runs down the stairs
in her poor bare-feet,
too woman to cry
or go down on her knees.

Then her mother is there
and her voice is soft.
She pulls Gala close.
She soothes Gala’s cuts
and gently chides,
and Gala knows...

That Gala shouldn’t worry,
she needn’t be afraid
because there are sailors on the sea tonight
in ships that God made.
Look, they cast out the line
with a heave two-three-four.
And they sing as they pull
our lost souls aboard.

Wonderful!

So far we have:
Maria (with one poem already written!)
Neonurotic
Liar (who did not actually say he was going to write one, but whose presence on the thread has volunteered him)
Sealace

Fruit Salad, yummy yummy

okay, I am confused does that mean you will be writing 3 whilst dancing?

I cannot believe you quoted the Wiggles. You are such a nerd :cool:

:kiss:

clutching_calliope said:
Actually, I thought it was a new dance craze. Bump da bump, bump dat apple! :nana: :nana: :nana: Do the fruit salad, bump de bump.

Fruit Salad, yummy yummy

the impatient double click finger syndrome

Last edited:
I know I'll kick myself but I'm in, anna. I'll come looking for you to dress the bruises later.

[besides, I was one of the moaners along with neo.) :eek:

I would like to. I always say this but feel pressure then back out because of the timing.

Since I took all my poetry down for the 100th time, can someone tell me how long it takes for the poem to be approved after being submitted? I haven't submitted any since Thanksgiving. Has anything changed? It was usually 12-24 hours before.

Thanks ahead of time.

indeliberate response

I'm going to try as well. I can't guarantee high marks, probably will get a lot of deleterious remarks as it seems I haven't the degree's or lit training. But I have an Idea, and I'm going to do my best to make it the best new thing on this world. Yeah, my ego ain't that much..., But living is butchery when the wolves want to feed. And I'll sign the Dragon on the wall for title impressions.

MyGuitar-1.jpg

Ceci n'est pas une pomme

Glockenapfel

It's an old and quaint tradition. Last day of school, leave a gift for teacher. David was not a sentimental kid—quite the opposite—so he viewed his gift as an ironic comment on the student-teacher relationship. On the other hand, he had really enjoyed Ms. Quint's class. She was quite a dish as well.

He was stunned when they slammed him against his locker and pinned his arms behind his back, shouting: Where's the gun? Where's the gun?

They ground his face into the door. Where's the Glock?

Later, his friend Albert said, They're too tart to eat, anyway.

Tzara said:
Glockenapfel

It's an old and quaint tradition. Last day of school, leave a gift for teacher. David was not a sentimental kid—quite the opposite—so he viewed his gift as an ironic comment on the student-teacher relationship. On the other hand, he had really enjoyed Ms. Quint's class. She was quite a dish as well.

He was stunned when they slammed him against his locker and pinned his arms behind his back, shouting: Where's the gun? Where's the gun?

If any of my children ask, I'm going to suggest a new pencil would be nice.

;)

Just looked at the list and for me this so poetic: Tydeman's Late Orange
I'm off to google so I can research this apple. And I do hope I'm not the only who researches everything to death for almost every freakin' poem I write.

saldne said:
I would like to. I always say this but feel pressure then back out because of the timing.

Since I took all my poetry down for the 100th time, can someone tell me how long it takes for the poem to be approved after being submitted? I haven't submitted any since Thanksgiving. Has anything changed? It was usually 12-24 hours before.

Thanks ahead of time.

I think it leans closer to the 24 hours side now. Either way, it is okay, the deadline is for submitting.... they should all come up on the same day if we all submit on the same day (should :) )

a fine example, Maria! I like how you mingled the more literal meaning with the apple-ette meaning :)

Maria2394 said:
northern spy in the sky

I imagine it was designed by
some fucked up hellion employed
in some itsy bitsy office, in control
of an unmanned predator,
stalking insurgents over Iran

its inner design modified by analysts
with big ears and brothers even bigger
its peel instructed to implode on catact
with any traitor's lips

reducing them to applesauce
in form of tasty radar blips

I think I shall write my poem about dressing your bruises sweet Tess.....

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Tristesse2 said:
I know I'll kick myself but I'm in, anna. I'll come looking for you to dress the bruises later.

[besides, I was one of the moaners along with neo.) :eek:

The Mystery Valiant said:
I'm going to try as well. I can't guarantee high marks, probably will get a lot of deleterious remarks as it seems I haven't the degree's or lit training. But I have an Idea, and I'm going to do my best to make it the best new thing on this world. Yeah, my ego ain't that much..., But living is butchery when the wolves want to feed. And I'll sign the Dragon on the wall for title impressions.

MyGuitar-1.jpg

oh now don't be silly, wolves dont eat apples, and no one has it out for you, really, although I might like a slice dipped in peanut butter and stay away from the ones that have fallen onto the ground...

what kind of dish was she? dumpling?

I am guessing a glock is a kind of weapon, I am so illiterate :)

Like this prose poem, Tzara, thanks for playing

:rose:

Tzara said:
Glockenapfel

Back