Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-26-2017, 01:36 AM   #2526
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

For supper we finished off most of the T-day leftovers, all the elk, venison, and goose. Urp. All washed down with V8, the vegetable course of the feast.

Tomorrow's promised breakfast includes avocado omelet and pumpkin pie. But no coffee for me, not till the cardiologist says so, and she's on vacation.

Upcoming schedule:

* These weekend days: rest.
* Monday: Run to town for critical supplies, like whipped cream for all the pie. And finally get around to restringing the mandola.
* Tuesday: There's fresh bear poop under the fig tree so I'll pour laundry bleach into the can when I haul trash to the road for pickup.
* Wednesday: Drive to Sacramento for more shopping and my next laser eyeball surgery. Try to avoid high-speed police chases.
* Thursday and onward: Suffer. No wine. No coffee. Suffer more.

I bought a fresh set of earplugs to block horrible XMas 'music' spewing from many shops. I prefer to hit a few jazz chords and sing my own holiday song: It's XMas Eve, Let's Fuck Like Gerbils Tonight.

For the more flamboyant of you guys, there's (to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland) that old classic, Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear. Make that accordion wail, Gretchen!

I'll murder for coffee soon.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:31 AM   #2527
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
For supper we finished off most of the T-day leftovers, all the elk, venison, and goose. Urp. All washed down with V8, the vegetable course of the feast.

Tomorrow's promised breakfast includes avocado omelet and pumpkin pie. But no coffee for me, not till the cardiologist says so, and she's on vacation.

Upcoming schedule:

* These weekend days: rest.
* Monday: Run to town for critical supplies, like whipped cream for all the pie. And finally get around to restringing the mandola.
* Tuesday: There's fresh bear poop under the fig tree so I'll pour laundry bleach into the can when I haul trash to the road for pickup.
* Wednesday: Drive to Sacramento for more shopping and my next laser eyeball surgery. Try to avoid high-speed police chases.
* Thursday and onward: Suffer. No wine. No coffee. Suffer more.

I bought a fresh set of earplugs to block horrible XMas 'music' spewing from many shops. I prefer to hit a few jazz chords and sing my own holiday song: It's XMas Eve, Let's Fuck Like Gerbils Tonight.

For the more flamboyant of you guys, there's (to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland) that old classic, Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear. Make that accordion wail, Gretchen!

I'll murder for coffee soon.

Good Luck with that eye-watering stuff.
I prefer your song to that smaltzy Holiday rubbish.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 11-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #2528
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

I was up early. Took my meds. Made the coffee. Got lured back to bed.

Does the first cup of coffee after noon have the same affect as the first one in the morning? Not that it really matters. I wouldn't miss the fun and games for anything.

Lunch, lunch, lunch, is next on the agenda. Cereal under a blanket tent. That could be fun.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #2529
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Any opinions out there on Fuller's London Pride Ale? I bought a four-pack yesterday but won't break into it until Tuesday.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Pixie in the Rain.
Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 11-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #2530
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Good luck with the eyeball surgery!

I have done all the work for the day already, except folding laundry. Dinner is even in the crock pot. Rest of the day is about rest, coffee, reading, writing, wine. Munchkin in the tub now.

Trying to put a positive spin on a couple rough days and find the right light to look at things in. It'll all come out in the wash and things will be renewed.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks.
Playgrounder #426

Old 11-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #2531
ishtat
Literotica Guru

Very distinctive complex flavour. No head. Drink coolish but not cold. Suggest no more than two bottles a session per person. If you like it, graduate to Fullers ESB - but be careful.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #2532
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Any opinions out there on Fuller's London Pride Ale? I bought a four-pack yesterday but won't break into it until Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtat View Post
Very distinctive complex flavour. No head. Drink coolish but not cold. Suggest no more than two bottles a session per person. If you like it, graduate to Fullers ESB - but be careful.
Broadly speaking, I concur.
Don't pour it too fast

There was a time [within living memory] when about the only 'London' beer was Watneys (unless you really knew where to look)
See here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLhfbBt1Lc.
I the opinion of my mates & I, the best that could be said of it was "It does not travel very well".

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Last edited by Handley_Page : 11-26-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #2533
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Oops. Then I'll get it out of the fridge and keep it in the garage. Thanks.

Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 11-26-2017, 08:18 PM   #2534
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Evening all, The coffee is refreshed and the kettle is hot.

I got some writing done and most of an edit done. I really should be working on the second chapter of the western but... I still haven't decided whether to do it for Lit or mainstream. I guess I could do a Lit version and then edit it for Mainstream consideration.

That would please my editor and her husband. Especially the husband. I get a thank you card from him every time I send her a piece with the Lit stuff still in it.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #2535
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Oops. Then I'll get it out of the fridge and keep it in the garage. Thanks.
Well, it's beer nite tonite and a wild assortment it is in the house of Chloe's Ancestors. We have local craft beer, we have Aussie beer (Fosters, VB and 4X), we have Budweiser, we have some Labatts from Canada. We have Newcastle Brown Ale, we have Castle from South Africa, corona of course, Heineken and some Belgian stuff to blow your socks off. Vodka and Slivovitz for those like my pops that like it a little stronger. Everyone except me is knocking it back but I'm driving tomorrow so I'm passing. Told my guy to go for it. He can sleep it off tomorrow.

One large coffee for me. The war stories are gonna start any minute now...
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 11-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #2536
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

For the next eight days it will be Murphy's Irish Stout or possibly Guinness. I'll be in Dublin for about eight days and then in Vienna for three and down the Danube for eight. What will I be drinking, besides glüwein? Who knows or cares? See y'all back about the 18th.

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 11-27-2017, 12:07 AM   #2537
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary_manque View Post
For the next eight days it will be Murphy's Irish Stout or possibly Guinness. I'll be in Dublin for about eight days and then in Vienna for three and down the Danube for eight. What will I be drinking, besides glüwein? Who knows or cares? See y'all back about the 18th.
I have an idea the Danube won't be very blue this time of year. Have a good time and enjoy your time away from the stormy PNW.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #2538
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
I have an idea the Danube won't be very blue this time of year. Have a good time and enjoy your time away from the stormy PNW.
Amen to that.
Have a good trip, Bear.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 11-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #2539
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Morning HP, Yes it is still morning somewhere.

Fresh coffee all around.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #2540
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Morning all,

The coffee is ready.

I forgot to get cereal yesterday when grocery shopping, so I'm having oatmeal cookies for breakfast.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #2541
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
The word is "Cellar cool" (50-55 F).

Meanwhile, it's time for another coffee, before making another aerial for a pal of mine.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Last edited by Handley_Page : 11-28-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #2542
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post

Meanwhile, it's time for another coffee, before making another aerial for a pal of mine.
One cuppa coming up.

I finished off the last of the turkey for lunch.

Now for a little writing time.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #2543
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
I'll be trying it tonight. The last time I checked it was a little warmer than 50-55F, but the outdoor temps have dropped since then, so maybe it'll be close.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #2544
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
I'll be trying it tonight. The last time I checked it was a little warmer than 50-55F, but the outdoor temps have dropped since then, so maybe it'll be close.
A lot of folk (notably visitors, the young, inexperienced or the very aged) seem to think there's something rather strange about a good English Beer, and that it is 'warm' and characterless (in that there's no head [well not one like soap, anyway]), and that Beer should be bloody freezing (there was joy in some parts when one brewery got the temperature of what was poured down to Zero degrees C).

Wrong ! Dead Wrong !!

English Beer (particularly Bitter) should be cool (a choice restorative on a hot summer afternoon). And it should have a distinct 'flavour' (usually different in each part of the country).

Pressure by organisations like CAMRA (CamPaign for Real Ale) and general opposition to a real crap 'lager' resulted in more 'craft' breweries, and main brewers getting the message and thus the Beer in their pubs.

The message is still spreading - if somewhat slowly.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 11-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #2545
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:

Pressure by organisations like CAMRA (CamPaign for Real Ale) and general opposition to a real crap 'lager' resulted in more 'craft' breweries, and main brewers getting the message and thus the Beer in their pubs.

The message is still spreading - if somewhat slowly.
In my town we have four micro-pubs and five micro breweries. Only two of the breweries are competent so far. They're learning.

We have Shepherd Neame beer. In the past draught Shep's could be awful if the publican wasn't skilled in handling it. Now they are all well-trained by Shep's.

But I prefer draught Greene King but again the landlord has to know what he is doing.

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

“The inimitable stories of Tong-King never have any real ending, and this one, being in his most elevated style, has even less end than most of them. But the whole narrative is permeated with the odour of joss-sticks and honourable high-mindedness, and the two characters are both of noble birth.”
― Ernest Bramah, Wallet of Kai Lung

Old 11-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #2546
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Murkans drink flabby 'beers' like Coors ice-cold to numb taste buds so they can't tell how insipid is the weak fairy piss. Back when I was allowed beer (before a month ago) I kept bottles of ales, IPAs, Anchor Steam etc, in cartons on the floor beside the kitchen table. Room temp is right. Icy sucks.

What else sucks: My recent cardiac restart lasted just 12 days. I'm back in deep a-fib now. Tomorrow, I visit the laser-wielding retinologist. Day after, I see the cardiologist. It's time for the conversation about what's next: ablation, stent, pacemaker, or what? If I stop posting here, send contributions to the California Native Plant Society.

Enough of that. No comments are necessary.

Ah, winter has arrived here in the central Sierra Nevada range. We were dusted with snow yesterday. No bear tracks, so I didn't fear schlepping the trash can out to the dirt road for pickup. The wild turkey flocks have migrated downhill. It's rutting season for deer but only a few gangbangs in our meadow so far.

I'm rationalizing my axes i.e. deciding which 'ukuleles to buy next. Likely another concert 'uke strung linear instead of re-entrant. And a tenor 'uke restrung to emulate a mandola. My current mandola is okay but cheap and the good one I want will cost about US$1200 next time I'm in Albuquerque, so a tenor and strings for $55 seems bargain-ish.

I'll discuss my current obsession with modern steam-powered cars later. Hopefully.

PS: Oh shit, my partner just brewed a pot of fine Guatemalan. The scent is torturing me. Again. Go on, sip you mochas and pity me. I can take it...

Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #2547
NotWise
Snipe hunter

So I got into the Fuller's London Pride. A thermometer set next to the bottles read 57 before I brought it in, so I set it in the fridge for a few minutes to bring the temp down a few degrees. I poured gently into the one-pint Mikasa crystal ale glass that my daughter gave me for Christmas last year and developed no head at all.

The beer has a beautiful reddish-amber color and a very clean nose. I thought the flavor was surprisingly mild, though the hops showed well on the back end.

I wondered a little about Ishtat's warning about servings so I checked the ABV value on the label. It was 4.7%. I think a typical US lager (not 'Lite') runs about 4.5%. I have maybe a dozen varieties of craft beers in the fridge and their ABV was all 5.2% or more (lowest being a Belgian-style White ale). The Scottish-style beer I had before dinner (brewed in Connecticut) had 8.5% ABV. So the Fuller's was the least alcoholic beer on hand.

Many US craft beers are very "in your face" when it comes to flavor. I draw a line someplace on this side of anything that Stone Brewing makes. The Fuller's was pleasantly drinkable.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 AM   #2548
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
In my town we have four micro-pubs and five micro breweries. Only two of the breweries are competent so far. They're learning.

We have Shepherd Neame beer. In the past draught Shep's could be awful if the publican wasn't skilled in handling it. Now they are all well-trained by Shep's.

But I prefer draught Greene King but again the landlord has to know what he is doing.
I think that sums up the whole thing, Ogg. Too many licencees (I won't call them publicans) are merely 'ale vendors' who know little or nothing about what they are selling. Even A good German bier needs some care !

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #2549
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Good morning.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #2550
ishtat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
So I got into the Fuller's London Pride. .

I wondered a little about Ishtat's warning about servings so I checked the ABV value on the label. It was 4.7%. I think a typical US lager (not 'Lite') runs about 4.5%. I have maybe a dozen varieties of craft beers in the fridge and their ABV was all 5.2% or more (lowest being a Belgian-style White ale). The Scottish-style beer I had before dinner (brewed in Connecticut) had 8.5% ABV. So the Fuller's was the least alcoholic beer on hand.
The danger of London Pride isn't the alcohol level which compared with others is not that high. The danger is that it is a fairly mild flavour and it's very easy to think - oh just one more, mebbe two. And if you do pick up the ESB that is quite a bit stronger. A few years back it was about 6.2% but I think in recent times they reduced it two or three points. But as with 'London Pride', it is very 'easy' drinking.

Og's recommendation of Greene King is excellent. When I lived in UK I loved their 'Abbot Ale' - Unfortunately, it did not love me!