Just the Six of Us

Daniel_Matthews

Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Posts
146
I had to vent a little, so here it is. :rolleyes:

This ain't an official thing but Mentalcase has lost his bearings. I admit that Just the Six of Us was one of the first Incest story I had read on this place.

I liked it very much. But then, he went awn and awn and awn with the series and has gagged and killed any remaining interest that I had in this story.

You can now remove one more reader from your fan-base.

Adieu Mentalcase, Adieu.


P.S. Just in case y'all are wondering WTF happened, I'll say he's one of the many lazy authors around here who promise a lot, but delivers a fart. I know that Authors here aren't under any obligations, but seriously, you gotta have some dignity to keep stretching such a piece.

My only words, if you're reading this MC:

Get over yourself.
 
I haven't read any of this, but Ch29 has a 4.85 average and 83 comments. If I got numbers like that, I wouldn't stop either.

FWIW, I don't like never ending stories, but it seems a frickin gazillion MentalCase readers do.
 
I had to look up the story as well and I haven't read it either, but when it comes to sex/erotic writing, going on to long doesn't do it for me either, but, his stories have great rating and he has a fan base, there is no reason to stop. It would seem to me (based on the ratings) he is doing one hell of a job with a very long story.

I can't tell another person what their opinion should be, but if you want him to write something new, you could suggest it to him in an email. He's entertaining people, so he is doing something right.

You know though, from this post, he may have lost one fan, but he's probably going to gain many others.
 
I lost respect for the series when MC outed himself, making a comment that his first editor zex wizard wasn't just editing, but just about rewriting everything. If anyone read Zex Wizards series before he pulled it you would see it was an identical writing style.

Since Zex left its taken 4 years to get 13 chapters, the writing has gone downhill and he is grasping at straws for plot devices, stealing ideas from other series and adding other characters who fuck their sisters:rolleyes:

In the span of a few chapters he has used the "coma" plot line twice, same thing...they are in a coma will they live?

The fact his die hard fans drool every time he tots out another copy and paste strokefest effort is more sad that the author is by far.
 
Well, that's bizarre. What was Zex getting out of the whole deal, then?
 
Well, that's bizarre. What was Zex getting out of the whole deal, then?

Not sure, but I'll tell you a little story I read Zex's series...ugh what was the name? Something machine...it was pretty good, but he did 5 chapters then took time off and then removed it.

I sent him feedback saying it was good, but he made a comment saying that he was taking time between chapters because he "had to" edit for MC and I asked why he would put another's work in front of his own.

He sent me a vile message that started with sounding like he was doing "god's good work" editing that series and told me I was a fucking cunt and I was lucky it was the internet or he would find me and straighten me out. BTW he knew full well I was a woman when he made that threat.

So I thought maybe he was MC, but that was kind of disproved because if he was he writing wouldn't have tanked so bad on six of us.

The series has the following it does because its pure stroke, a brother with four sisters then a friend who was fucking his sisters....if you read the comments...they make you feel bad for the readers that someone can be that gushing.

He also removes any comment that is not gushing. Total narcissist, you should check out his blog...spends all day talking about his characters, but not writing a damn thing.
 
Katt-Williams-Shock.gif


So... either it was the same guy with some weird kind of MPD or something, or it was really a different guy who believed editing someone else's nonprofit stroke material was "god's good work" and he needed to threaten someone else and call them a "cunt" for even seeming to questioning that. :eek:

* shakes head * That's... words don't... I don't even...
 
Katt-Williams-Shock.gif


So... either it was the same guy with some weird kind of MPD or something, or it was really a different guy who believed editing someone else's nonprofit stroke material was "god's good work" and he needed to threaten someone else and call them a "cunt" for even seeming to questioning that. :eek:

* shakes head * That's... words don't... I don't even...

A true example of "real man syndrome" and internet bravado.

I heard a rumor Allie has a gun and knows how to use it.:D
 
I lost respect for the series when MC outed himself, making a comment that his first editor zex wizard wasn't just editing, but just about rewriting everything.

That must have been OK with MC at the time (assuming those were two different people). The author is the one who submitted the story text, not the editor.
 
That must have been OK with MC at the time (assuming those were two different people). The author is the one who submitted the story text, not the editor.

Yes, and I feel they are two people because MC was never rude like that in a couple of e-mails I exchanged with him about his series or on his blog.

And like I said if they were the same the writing style would not have gone downhill in the series.

He of course knew, like you say he accepted what was given back to him and that's the point he was taking credit for a story that was not fully his.

How he outed himself was a fight scene that a lot of comments said wasn't done well and he posted that Zex writes those and writes in a not of other scenes

At that point, wouldn't you feel "co-author" would be a better title than editor?
 
I don't wish him ill. If this thread gave him publicity, so it be. (BTW, I'm sure most people will say the same thing as me after finishing all his chapters :D)

Back to the point:

I don't care who wrote what. If you can't write anymore, man the fuck up and just admit it. Jeez...how hard is that?

Oh wait, then he can't hear from the gushers anymore. :rolleyes:
 
I don't wish him ill. If this thread gave him publicity, so it be. (BTW, I'm sure most people will say the same thing as me after finishing all his chapters :D)

Back to the point:

I don't care who wrote what. If you can't write anymore, man the fuck up and just admit it. Jeez...how hard is that?

Oh wait, then he can't hear from the gushers anymore. :rolleyes:

My opinion is he fears to end it. This story is his legacy here he cannot write anything else and once its over he will no longer hear from all the gushers on his blog and feedback page.

I understand in a long series it can be hard to put the kids to bed so to speak. It took me 18 months to write SWB so for a year and a half those characters were in my head they became real to me, my kids.

And even though I gave full closure and wrapped up every loose end people still asked for more, they always will. But as an author we have to end when we feel it should be ended that is the only way to give a story its respect, tell it as it should be told.

If an author panders to the readers and just keeps going you get watered down crap. Problem here is he has the type of fans that are so gushing they will praise the watered down crap, its a vicious circle.

He claimed the next chapter is the last one...that was back in November so already 7 month have gone by. I have 50/50 he comes back and says nah, he keeps going. He is too concerned with reader happiness and ego stroking to actually put it to rest.
 
He sent me a vile message that started with sounding like he was doing "god's good work" editing that series and told me I was a fucking cunt and I was lucky it was the internet or he would find me and straighten me out.

Wow ... I mean, just wow. The thins you can learn about people on the forums.
 
Just checked his page....six months since the last chapter, nothing new yet, no surprise.

Clicked on the blog, the page has several questions "Chapter 30?" and his response is simply "still writing" "still writing"

It does not surprise me he can't wrap it up, people get writers block, personal things come up...anything can happen.

What gets me is his fans...this guy has managed 7 chapters in three years and a couple of them use the same exact plot device, yet when he finally posts they act like its manna from heaven. :rolleyes:

I need to find fans like that for my poetry
 
Register a whole bunch of accounts.

Took me a second to get what you meant, duh.

I've thought that, many of MC's overly gushing comments are anon and they seem very similar. Could explain his very high placing on the fav author list even though this series is all he has done


But I don't post my poetry here, I could be wrong, but don't feel there are a lot of people here who want to read spiritual poetry.

I have some books for sale....that's where I need to find those fans, and they can create as many accounts as they want as long as they pay:D
 
Devil's Advocate-ish

I find it odd that people are this angry over someone having fans on a long running series.

OK, so I get DirtyAllie being pissed because she's been treated poorly by someone associated with the work. I'd be pretty pissed too if I had someone write me an irate, off the wall reply. But many of the comments here have to do with the length, the comments section or the editing process.

Long stories build an investment in the reader. The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan took 23 years to write, included 14 books and the author died in the middle of writing number 12. Readers KEPT READING even though a younger author (Brandon Sanderson) was brought in to finish the series because they were invested in it.

A Song of Ice and Fire is almost twenty years old itself, has only 5 books which people ravenously consume and has spawned a television show that gets massive ratings and has a travelling exhibition just to show off stuff from the show. George RR Martin is a bit of a loon, in all honesty, and people KEEP READING.

I totally understand that some people don't want to read a longer series. That's great. I've seen many of you same people commenting in threads that this is Literotica, you can read and write what you want. Take your own advice; he has one series that gets high ratings whenever he expands it.

You want to complain about a long series? Try looking at the SciFi/Fantasy category. Thatawfulwowporno (yes, that is the user name) has been posting a few thousand words for the last hundred days on his WoW-based fanfic. Those stories are at the point they are getting under 2000 views a piece because so few people are keeping up with them. Mentalcase submits a chapter every once in a while, has been writing for four years and has a reader base. Good for him.

This is starting to turn into a bit of a rant, but I feel like crap IRL so it's happening. Apologies to anyone who takes offense, I'm attempting to target the arguments not the people making them.

The frustration over his readership/comments section seems like a bit of jealousy to me. As a writer, I know what getting a shitty comment can be like: You either laugh it off or you take it to heart, and sometimes you do a bit of both. I leave mine up, but right in your Submissions page there is a big blue tag beside every one that gives you the option to Moderate Public Comments.

Mad that people are cleaning out their Negs? Ask the site to remove that ability from authors. That's the only legitimate response, otherwise you are asking someone to ignore a function of the site because you want them to.

And so what if people are gushing over his stories/characters/plots/sex scenes? Does this bring down your own work? Probably not, in fact if people are enjoying his work they are ore likely to check out other stuff on Lit because he posts so infrequently. You, as authors, are getting readers because of this. Want to have a similar fanbase? Tap into the themes and styles he built his story around. Incest, harem, internal struggle. My main series is fantasy/magic based, with a strong harem theme. I'm tapping into the same readership as one of my favorite (disappeared) authors on Lit, Intrepid_Fate.

If Mentalcase is creating new users to give himself views/votes/comments, yeah it seems kind of annoying. But that's marketing. It's not against rules and it's also not effecting your stories or winning any competitions for him (edit - I went and double checked, he did win one monthly years ago. Not a huge deal). If posting some comments himself gets a buzz going, good for him.

Finally, if you didn't write it and you didn't edit it, what does it matter what the creation process was?

I never had the (pleasure?) chance to read Zex Wizard. I don't know how similar his writing was to the early chapters of Six of Us. In the end, I also don't care. The story was posted by Mentalcase and Zex Wizard didn't make any claims about it. This happens, particularly outside of genre-fiction, all the time. Movie scripts? Rewritten frequently, sometimes by completely different writers geting paid MORE than the original. Television scripts? Frequently a group effort, but credit goes to the 'main' writer. Ghost writers for novels, autobiographies and more. This is not a new concept, one person getting the credit and another remaining in the shadows for a considerable amount of work.

I'm not sure why this thread got to me so badly. I am not Mentalcase or Zex Wizard. I'm not a fanboy of the series, though I do enjoy it. I have never commented on a Six of Us chapter, I may not have even voted on one. Mentalcase is on my short list of favourites and Six of Us 1 is in my favs as well so I can track it every once in a while.

I guess the point of all of this was to try to knock some reality around. If you think the series has flopped in plot or writing, comment on that. Don't bash the readers or the author because they like his work and he revels in it a bit. Be good, critical authors; focus on the writing.
 
Last edited:
I find it odd that people are this angry over someone having fans on a long running series.

Hey, I'm with you too!

Anger isn't something that I'd expect from a reader. Frustration? Yes. Boredom? Yes. Excitement? Yes. But Anger? That's a wee bit overrated in mah opinion.

Long stories build an investment in the reader. The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan took 23 years to write, included 14 books and the author died in the middle of writing number 12. Readers KEPT READING even though a younger author (Brandon Sanderson) was brought in to finish the series because they were invested in it.

Ever wondered WHY they were invested in it?

Because they paid for this goddamn book that they happened to like at the same time.

I have no problem with the length of a story. Nada.

But if you're telling me to suck up obvious bullshits that are procreated by the author just to keep a story line going, you're obviously doing a fan-speak - blinded by the author's supposedly awesomeness.

A Song of Ice and Fire is almost twenty years old itself, has only 5 books which people ravenously consume and has spawned a television show that gets massive ratings and has a travelling exhibition just to show off stuff from the show. George RR Martin is a bit of a loon, in all honesty, and people KEEP READING.

Tell you a little secret here.

A Song of Ice and Fire didn't get famous until the show was launched. People started reading the book after watching the shows, just to know in advance where the plot was going.

Before that, it was eating dust.

I totally understand that some people don't want to read a longer series. That's great. I've seen many of you same people commenting in threads that this is Literotica, you can read and write what you want. Take your own advice; he has one series that gets high ratings whenever he expands it.

We, especially I, ain't jealous of his high ratings. I've no story here in the first place.

It's just that stringing people along isn't something that I can digest.

Personal opinion. Totally. ;)

This is starting to turn into a bit of a rant, but I feel like crap IRL so it's happening. Apologies to anyone who takes offense, I'm attempting to target the arguments not the people making them.

I totally understand.

Although the rest of your argument is to the point, I'm not going to comment against it because I didn't have a problem with the nit-grits of his story in the first place.

Anyways, Matey, I liked reading your post. It was thoughtful to boot. And don't be afraid of speaking your mind in here. Free speech is the motto around here, ya know. :D
 
But if you're telling me to suck up obvious bullshits that are procreated by the author just to keep a story line going, you're obviously doing a fan-speak - blinded by the author's supposedly awesomeness.

Twice in a few chapters (granted it took two years in between) the author used the same plot device exactly. an accident a character in a coma....will they survive?

Twice! And the readers? They are "OMG, oh no, oh I hope they don't die! Oh, what next?"

Its like they are too stupid to be insulted.

But the real magic of the series has nothing to do with talent, but all to do with....its a guy fucking his four sisters and the sisters? These girls get more kinks added to them every time....a reader says they want more kinks.

I will make a prediction. When the final(allegedly) chapter of this series posts which may or may not even be this year....

Then I give it a few months before we see the next series from the author, another all original masterpiece titled....

Just the six of us Too! Mike discovers he has four more sisters!

One trick pony and can't even turn the one trick.

Maybe he should find Zex and pay him to write the final chapter, after all he wrote most of the first half of it.:rolleyes:
 
I find it odd that people are this angry over someone having fans on a long running series.

[ snip ]

I guess the point of all of this was to try to knock some reality around. If you think the series has flopped in plot or writing, comment on that. Don't bash the readers or the author because they like his work and he revels in it a bit. Be good, critical authors; focus on the writing.

Good post that makes some very good points.
 
I think comparing Martin and his 800 page novels that feature who knows how many main characters and countless plot lines to someone who can't post more than one 20k story every six months is ludicrous.
 
I think comparing Martin and his 800 page novels that feature who knows how many main characters and countless plot lines to someone who can't post more than one 20k story every six months is ludicrous.

The point is the buy in, not the quality or quantity. The Simpsons hasn't been good for ages but people still watch it because they are invested in the idea of the show. Family Guy is the same way. Both of those television shows have had their moments for particular generations, but both have also produced complete tripe at other times.

Get people invested in a character, cast or concept and you can do some pretty rude things to them with your content.



Allie, you're wrong. Just the Six of Us Too will be about him and his many daughters that he's had with all of his sisters. And that one will end with him having Sister-Daughter-Wives. D'uh!
 
Allie, you're wrong. Just the Six of Us Too will be about him and his many daughters that he's had with all of his sisters. And that one will end with him having Sister-Daughter-Wives. D'uh!

Well....I can't argue with that and somehow "Mike" will still be a stud able to fuck nine times a day and all ten of them will sleep in one bed....and they'll have sleep overs with that character who was fucking his sisters too and now he has sister daughter wives.

I actually gave up on it when one of the sisters had a "voice" :rolleyes:

The Voice in Siblings with Benefits was better, that thing was pure bad ass
 
Back
Top