Lestat's New Companion (Closed for celestialdragon)

Lestat smiled, reading her thoughts, before pulling her onto his lap, treating her much like a little girl, as be brushed his fingers through her hair. "I was born in Frence, on November 7th, 1760. I come from a titled family, actually. I was turned early in life, as you can tell. I have been immortal for the better part of 3 centuries. You are a vampire now. One of the strongest. You'll be able to walk in the sun, have telepathy, and maybe a few other abilities. You'll be stronger than mortals, faster, quicker, and won't age. One of the things that will be a detriment is your feeding. You experienced it earlier. The hunger. It will control you, unless you control it. I can help you with that if you are willing," he said, pausing as he collected his thoughts.

"I know that you might seem confused. I was lonely. The last fledglings I created were killed, or committed suicide by walking into the sun. I yearned for company. When I walked down the street, the smell of your blood drew me. Each person smells differently. There was a quality to yours that immediately piqued my interests. From there, it seemed natural for you to become my companion," he said, still stroking her hair as he let everything sink in.
 
Katherine listened to Lestat, and the more she listened, the more everything made sense, and she gave a soft smile. She felt happy, and she could feel the happiness and the worry radiating off of him. She could tell he hoped that she wouldn't be like the other fledglings, and she vowed she wouldn't. She wouldn't let being a vampire control her.

She had a couple more questions, though.

"You said some fledglings committed suicide by walking into the sun; yet you say I can walk in the sun. How is that possible?"
 
Lestat ran his fingers through his hair. "As I went through the years as a vampire, I took the blood of other vampires when they offered it. It allowed me certain abilities. One such thing was to walk in the sun. Now my fledglings and I can do that. Other abilities, I'm not so sure of," he said, looking intensely at Katherine.
 
Katherine nodded, the pieces of the puzzle in her mind connecting. She looked up at him and gave a soft, warm smile. She then rested her head against his shoulder. "How often will I need to feed?" she asked him softly.
 
Lestat smiled. "It will lengthen as you "grow" older. Now, I only feed once a month, and I am sated. You will probably go once every few days to maybe once a week, depending on how strong you are already," he said, running his fingers along her face, learning her contours.
 
Katherine smiled. She liked that idea, of being able to go for days without blood. She relaxed as she felt his fingers on her face, gently caressing it, and she welcomed it.

"Can you feel other's emotions?" she asked softly. "It's something I noticed when I woke up after feeding."
 
Lestat thought for a moment. "I don't know if it's emotions. I can read people's minds though. That generally tells me what they are feeling though," he said, shrugging.

"Can you only sense what I am feeling, and not what I am thinking?" he asked, curious as to what Katherine's powers were.
 
Katherine tried to read Lestat's mind, but it didn't do anything, didn't make sense. She did sense how curious he was though, and thoughtful. Interested.

"It only seems to be emotions. I can't read your mind, not really, it doesn't make sense. But the emotions come across very strong and clear," she said.
 
Lestat smiled, before shaking his head. "Remind me not to feel too horny around you," he said with a chuckle, before standing. "Since you are sated, lets have more coffee, and you can ask me any questions you like. Oh, now that you are a vampire, your tastes for mortal food will be stronger. This is why I brew my own coffee. I taste too much burnt coffee in most coffee joints," he said, fixing two cups and settling back down in his chair, waiting for her questions.
 
Katherine took the coffee, and inhaled the scents and the taste. It did taste even better than just a few hours ago, when she was mortal.

"I'm afraid you answered a lot of my questions," she said. "I can't think of any other questions right now, but I will let you know if one pops up." She gave another warm smile and after she finished her coffee she stretched.
 
Lestat smiled. "Let me answer yours from earlier. You can still be with your friends. You won't have to end your life with them. When you feel hungry, find me so we can control it. Otherwise, you can still attend your classes. I just expect you to come back here after them. You live with me now as my fledgling, unless you really do want to leave," he said, unsure of her answer.
 
Katherine chuckled and shook her head. "It would be best if I did not see my friends, and dropped out. There would be too many questions, questions I can't answer," she said softly. "The friends I do have, they have been with me since birth. They would know something is up, and it would hurt us."
 
Lestat nodded, understand it. "I am here for you to help you as you need it. As you are my companion, I am yours," he said. He wanted it to be different from what he and Louis were like, but he wasn't going to force it. He was tired of that now. If it came, it would be natural.
 
Katherine smiled. "Thank you," she said softly. Still feeling unbelievably tired, and seeing the sunrise peek through the curtains, she gave a soft growl and looked at Lestat. "Where's the bedroom?" she asked.
 
Lestat looked at her uncertainly. "Mine, or another?" he asked, unsure if she meant for them to sleep together or not. He was trying not to read her thoughts though, as it felt like he was invading her privacy.
 
"I'm going to assume that there's only one bedroom," Katherine said dryly. "Besides, I don't think it matters on whether or not we use the same bedroom. We're companions, aren't we?" She gave a smile that was warm and reassuring, sensing his uncertainty.
 
Lestat smiled and took Katherine's hand, guiding her back to his bedroom. He smiled as he offered her the bed. "I still have a few things to finish up, but I'll join you shortly," he said, smiling and kissing her on the cheek softly.
 
Katherine smiled and returned the cheek peck. Sliding out of her blouse, she folded it neatly and walked over to the plush bed, where she immediately sank down into the soft covers. It didn't take her long to fall back asleep.
 
Lestat moved over to his computer, happy to have learned how to use them, and use them thoroughly. He quickly got rid of Katherine's life traces. To anyone looking, she would appear as a nobody, much like him. She could setup an alias as she pleased, and he could supply her with whatever she needed for the time being. Once that was done, he smiled, powered the computer down, and then slid into the bed behind Katherine, wrapping his arms around her as he drifted off to sleep.
 
Katherine woke up slightly when Lestat slid in behind her, but she smiled a little as she absently snuggled into him. Except for the thirst, she supposed being a vampire wasn't that different from being human. She gave a sleepy yawn as she curled up and fell back asleep in Lestat's arms.
 
Lestat smiled as he read her thoughts. Being his fledgling wouldn't be too different than being human, but if she had been a regular vampire, the daylight would have been her enemy. He closed his eyes, joining Katherine in sleep.
 
Katherine woke up a few hours later, sunlight falling on her and Lestat. She gave a soft hiss, feeling the heat a little bit more than when she was human. She gently got out of bed and walked over to window, shutting the curtains. Stretching, she gave a soft yawn and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Her blonde hair looked much better long than it ever did when she was mortal, and her green eyes sparkled brilliantly. The fangs didn't look too out of place in her mouth, either, and she licked them, feeling how sharp they were. Her body had thinned out some, but gave her a womanly shape, and she grinned. She liked the new body.
 
Lestat awoke when he felt Katherine moving. He stayed in bed though, relaxing and enjoying these types of moments. He was always one for lounging and taking time to relax. It had been part of his lifestyle to enjoy the moment, and that was what he planned to do.

He knew that it would take a little while for her to adjust to all of the changes she was undergoing, but he could already tell that he had made the right choice in making Katherine his companion.
 
Looking back over at the bed, and thinking Lestat was asleep still, Katherine removed her tank to further admire her body. She really liked the way her waist narrowed and she had a slight flare in her hips. She peeked down below, and found that she was shaved smooth, much smoother than she would've gotten with her razor, and she beamed. She felt it, and found no stubble.

Damn, she thought, continuing to look at herself in the mirror, now wearing the skirt and her black bra that held and pushed up her ample breasts. I look good. . . .

She returned to the bed and Lestat, and snuggled back down under the covers. She just liked being close to him.
 
Lestat smiled, happy that Katherine at least liked the physical changes that came with being a vampire. He was smiling even more, thinking about what she would do when she found out how strong and fast she now was. He was surprised that she was so excited about not havinghair down below, but then again, he was always happy that he didn't have to worry about body hair.

When Katherine snuggled back down against him, he just smiled, and pulled her closer, happy to not be alone anymore.
 
Back
Top