The Stephen King fanwrites thread

I know and with good reason. He eventually cames to terms with having his work butchered because in the end, his books were his books and the movies he had no hand in making did not change his books.

I know. The movie did not even include what I thought was the scariest part of The Shining: when those snowy animals in the maze came alive and started going for the kid. Maybe that was for the best. :cool:

I know. The movie did not even include what I thought was the scariest part of The Shining: when those snowy animals in the maze came alive and started going for the kid. Maybe that was for the best. :cool:

Kubrick couldn't be bothered with those because he was too busy incorporating tits and ass into the scary scene that for some reason didn't send Jack Torrence fleeing from the hotel. :rolleyes:

Currently getting pummeled with 8 to 10 inches .....

.... of snow.

Might be a good day to put in the 4 1/2 hour version of The Shining.

Or Storm Of The Century.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ..................

Currently getting pummeled with 8 to 10 inches .....

.... of snow.

Might be a good day to put in the 4 1/2 hour version of The Shining.

Or Storm Of The Century.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ..................

You have my sympathies. Our foot of snow from last week is finally melting away.:cool:

I have a Stephen King story for you. eagleyez and I lived right near Bangor, Maine for years. Bangor is a small city so if you live there your chances of a Stephen King sighting are pretty good (though I think he mostly lives in Florida now). My eagleyez was, among other things, an arborist and he sold Stephen King a bonsai tree at Christmastime once. He said King walked up to the little tree and examined it closely (in his typically creepy way), and asked "Is it alive?" So I'm guessing he just thinks that way. :D

You have my sympathies. Our foot of snow from last week is finally melting away.:cool:

I have a Stephen King story for you. eagleyez and I lived right near Bangor, Maine for years. Bangor is a small city so if you live there your chances of a Stephen King sighting are pretty good (though I think he mostly lives in Florida now). My eagleyez was, among other things, an arborist and he sold Stephen King a bonsai tree at Christmastime once. He said King walked up to the little tree and examined it closely (in his typically creepy way), and asked "Is it alive?" So I'm guessing he just thinks that way. :D

If he mentions bonsai trees in anything of his I read, I'm going to wet my pants.

If he mentions bonsai trees in anything of his I read, I'm going to wet my pants.

You know Dysart's Truck Stop & Restaurant? I think he mentions it in a bunch of books. It figures prominently in The Tommyknockers. We used to eat there often and when we did I'd always think an alien was about to come in and take over my brain. And I'd have to make him eat their pancakes to outsmart him. They do have great pancakes there.

Yeah I like Stephen King, too. :D

You won't feel a thing

I'm going to rip 1922 from "Full Dark, No Stars" at the library, and then I'll paste something up here in a few days.

Last edited:
[Library account] I have Drake, Rosemary's Baby and Minority Report checked out at the same time. I actually have no idea what the story is about anymore, but I remember part of it. So I procrastinate, ok? "A few days"

Oh, "Wikipedia" duh. Edit: it's about murder and death, etc.

Last edited:
I am at the library on a super-secret mission. I am speaking with volunteer coordinators to do group reading and games. The Asian people are all helpful, although I do not speak Japanese or Korean, so we are just smiling like idiots.

Shifting Panes Of Glass At Happy Hills

You never get old, so take a moment and ask yourself why I could give a fuck about the game
A tender bolt slides into place and clicks softly through its own motion
Silver white light pierces forward to greet your friends and enemies
You breathe sense into sinners and provide a tasty snack that dries tacky on a creaking floor

You've reached your stop!
And happy as the one who knows about the peace you left for others
Why don't you find yourself a seat where we can all find you
Please inhabit and drink from the pool that spills like the morning sun

A life no less, you find yourself without a home
An unwanted guest who curses your existence and salivates at the misery you bring others
A winding clock with broken hands finds a single home for the dead and tastes the dryness in the air as the fragrant earth accommodates to lash them tight into the prison of your mind

The Pulse

Nothing short of fatal
Error in corporate scheming
Marketing ploy bent on manipulating
Masses with subliminal advertising
Buried within a seemingly harmless signal
Radiating from cell towers
Beaming to middle and upper classes
Transmitted through fiber optic pathways
The technological plague passes

And in a singular vibrational screaming
With all the harmony of a fax machine
Mankind isn't just infected

It is made clean

Perfected

A new superior race of homo sapiens

Rejected
Their old defective logics erected
Over tens of thousands of years
Erased
Grey matter overwritten with new directive
Personalities defaced within seconds
In the time taken to ask,
Hello?

Consciousness is reborn anew

Humanity is torn in two

Soon to be one
Without distinction as the unaffected flee
Persecution
Extermination

Extinction
:confused:

Brah, and what do you mean what's up. That's some serious shit brah.

I was just addressing your confusion, My Little Bronie.

CELL was some serious shit and I'm still waiting for the damn movie to come out.

I was just addressing your confusion, My Little Bronie.

CELL was some serious shit and I'm still waiting for the damn movie to come out.

was a good one

i have a problem with almost all of his books-made-film. i love his books and see his characters so clearly that it all feels wrong when i see the films. plus they're generally made sooooooo dreadfully cheesy. really really cheesy. :mad:

was a good one

i have a problem with almost all of his books-made-film. i love his books and see his characters so clearly that it all feels wrong when i see the films. plus they're generally made sooooooo dreadfully cheesy. really really cheesy. :mad:

Fermented Cheesy! :mad:

I just don't feel like writing right now.

002.jpg

Since I started this thread, I've watched

The Shining
The Shining - the miniseries
Carrie
Carrie - the miniseries
Rose Red
The Langoliers

And today's matinee will be

Salem's Lot - the 2nd miniseries

I like to have the TV on while I draw.

The Langoliers is about the biggest load of horseshit I've ever seen in my life. I can't believe you watched that.

They keep looking out the window and shit, and it's just like a blank screen with a storm. And that's the entire movie. I'm sure he was really proud.

Back