Loving Wives

Monogamy - or rather the family structure - is all about synergy. Families have proven to be the most efficient way of organising humans, and that's why it has grown so popular. Monogamy plays an important part in this since sex is essential for keeping the family healthy.

People form bonds for all kinds of reasons, and terminate those bonds when the parties no longer serve the purpose of the bond.

Generally speaking, couples bond for children, sex, companionship, security, and cooperation. But plenty bond for other reasons.

Why all this drama over one story type?

I just don't read the stories.

-Mr. Falcoln

How very sensible of you. :) I think this discussion, though, is just more about the types of stories, who reads and writes them and why. That can be interesting even if you don't like the subject matter. (I don't like or read such stories either.)

I am very sorry to admit that I have not read all this thread and I wish to direct this post at one isolated comment
incidentally for all you cuckolding fans, the chances of divorce among those who voluntarily share their spouses are several times higher.
How could anyone know that? Who collects statistics on happily married couples who don't tell others about their kinks? How will we ever know how many perfectly secure relationships have involved casual sex at one point in the past and moved on with no more than a "been there, done that" attitude?

In fact I can confirm that some people have been there, and may indeed have done several years of sharing without buying the t-shirts or writing the book. And a few years further on the only lasting effects are some happy memories.

However if you were talking of a situation where one side was not fully aware of what was going on, then I have no frame of reference and you're all doomed.

Interesting thread!

But a woman who decides to be unfaithful because she lusts and because she made a conscious decision to give in to that lust - can be quite compelling, if the moralizing is left out. (at least in my opinion.)

I think that angle can be very compelling, at least it is to me. Even though I would not want to be cheated on in real life, I'm a big fan of these cheating stories and I don't look at them from the perspective of really relating them to my own life and projecting my personal feelings onto the scenario to the point that I feel spiteful of the fictional woman and then want to see her caught, shamed, and punished later in the story. Rather than that, I'm in to the story aiming for the sexual peak, even if it means it's unrealistic fantasy. I do want things such as the characters' personalities and the broader scenario the story takes place under to be realistic enough so you could imagine it being feasible but mainly I prefer the emphasis be that it was just so hot and good that she couldn't resist. It doesn't have to be something that's so easily (physically) attainable: she's a busty bombshell cheating with a fit/muscled guy that has a 10" dick, etc. I like stories that emphasize it's the hottest, best sex ever while scandalously letting them get away with it and hinting that they'll be back for more.

I mean it is kind of conflicting. On one hand what attracts me to the topic is the thrill of the scenario and the feelings of anger, jealousy, guilt, and lust that it stirs within me as I step into the characters' mindsets but on the other hand it's this detached, voyeuristic pleasure of watching two people have amazing sex, significant others and society be damned. It's not nice or fair or ethical and for those reasons it's not something I'd have a positive attitude towards when it comes to reality and actual relationships but god damn is it an overwhelming turn-on that makes for a great erotica topic.

If I had to dig deeper and try to explain my reasoning further, I'd say that what appeals to me about it boils down to this: I have lots of fetishes when it comes to erotic sex stories but I've noticed what some of the top few of them that really drive me wild have in common is that they're about women having fantastic sex within a taboo context that openly highlights their sexuality. Don't get me wrong, romantic vanilla sex is great, but it's insanely hot to me to think and read about a beautiful woman having dirty, illicit sex that both thrills her and satisfies her completely. There's something incredibly arousing about it. I just can't get enough.

A shameless hottie seducing a guy who's in a committed relationship? Yes, please.
A teasing older sister flirting with and going after her younger brother? Yes, oh yes.
A naughty daughter pursuing her father with the intent of him fucking her? Yes, god yes.
A college sorority chick dressed in a slutty outfit hunting for casual sex at a party or club? Yes.
A sexy succubus who tempts unsuspecting men into bed where she thoroughly drains them? Yes!
A sexually-neglected mother taking a keen interest in her son that has her catering to his every need? YES!
A nominally-satisfied girlfriend inadvertently cheating on her boyfriend with a hung stereotypical bad boy? Y-*explodes*

I am very sorry to admit that I have not read all this thread and I wish to direct this post at one isolated comment

How could anyone know that? Who collects statistics on happily married couples who don't tell others about their kinks? How will we ever know how many perfectly secure relationships have involved casual sex at one point in the past and moved on with no more than a "been there, done that" attitude?

In fact I can confirm that some people have been there, and may indeed have done several years of sharing without buying the t-shirts or writing the book. And a few years further on the only lasting effects are some happy memories.

However if you were talking of a situation where one side was not fully aware of what was going on, then I have no frame of reference and you're all doomed.

Some babies have 2 heads, too. No one disputes the flukes, deary.

I think that angle can be very compelling, at least it is to me. Even though I would not want to be cheated on in real life, I'm a big fan of these cheating stories and I don't look at them from the perspective of really relating them to my own life and projecting my personal feelings onto the scenario to the point that I feel spiteful of the fictional woman and then want to see her caught, shamed, and punished later in the story. Rather than that, I'm in to the story aiming for the sexual peak, even if it means it's unrealistic fantasy. I do want things such as the characters' personalities and the broader scenario the story takes place under to be realistic enough so you could imagine it being feasible but mainly I prefer the emphasis be that it was just so hot and good that she couldn't resist. It doesn't have to be something that's so easily (physically) attainable: she's a busty bombshell cheating with a fit/muscled guy that has a 10" dick, etc. I like stories that emphasize it's the hottest, best sex ever while scandalously letting them get away with it and hinting that they'll be back for more.

I mean it is kind of conflicting. On one hand what attracts me to the topic is the thrill of the scenario and the feelings of anger, jealousy, guilt, and lust that it stirs within me as I step into the characters' mindsets but on the other hand it's this detached, voyeuristic pleasure of watching two people have amazing sex, significant others and society be damned. It's not nice or fair or ethical and for those reasons it's not something I'd have a positive attitude towards when it comes to reality and actual relationships but god damn is it an overwhelming turn-on that makes for a great erotica topic.

If I had to dig deeper and try to explain my reasoning further, I'd say that what appeals to me about it boils down to this: I have lots of fetishes when it comes to erotic sex stories but I've noticed what some of the top few of them that really drive me wild have in common is that they're about women having fantastic sex within a taboo context that openly highlights their sexuality. Don't get me wrong, romantic vanilla sex is great, but it's insanely hot to me to think and read about a beautiful woman having dirty, illicit sex that both thrills her and satisfies her completely. There's something incredibly arousing about it. I just can't get enough.

A shameless hottie seducing a guy who's in a committed relationship? Yes, please.
A teasing older sister flirting with and going after her younger brother? Yes, oh yes.
A naughty daughter pursuing her father with the intent of him fucking her? Yes, god yes.
A college sorority chick dressed in a slutty outfit hunting for casual sex at a party or club? Yes.
A sexy succubus who tempts unsuspecting men into bed where she thoroughly drains them? Yes!
A sexually-neglected mother taking a keen interest in her son that has her catering to his every need? YES!
A nominally-satisfied girlfriend inadvertently cheating on her boyfriend with a hung stereotypical bad boy? Y-*explodes*

I have a story due out tomorrow or Saturday that's a whole new twist on cheating. I expect the LW crowd will shit or go blind and not know who to root for. Like a Philip Marlowe tale where the dead guy isn't dead.

Why all this drama over one story type?

Of all the Lit categories, Loving Wives stands alone as an object of continuing fascination for Lit writers, whether they have ever submitted a story to it or not.

[The Loving Wives readers constitute a substantial portion of that fascination. ;)]

It is a good way to organise humans, however you could argue that families should not be created from people who fancy the look of someone. Looks are the first thing that most partnerships start from. But they are not key in anyway for a lasting partnership.

In principle I agree, but in todays world looks is a form of currency. Good looks open doors and generally gives you an easier ride in life - and they also enables you to catch a more attractive spouse. This can be "attractive" as in good looks but it can also be "attractive" as in lots of money (hot chicks with ugly rich guys).

Yeah I know - money can't buy happiness but they can be a darned good approximation... ;)

I suppose I should not have posted in this thread. No matter which side of the "issue" one is on, someone like Me posting in this thread is not unlike a doubted suddenly appearing in your Church and openly voicing doubts during the service.

Apologies.

-Mr. Falcoln

I'm not sure of the point. I think he or she was simply disputing that anyone had collected data on swingers to the point of knowing that divorces rates are higher with swingers.

It certainly was not a question in our census so how would anyone know the divorce rate?

Strangely enough you CAN find those stats on wikipedia and they are WAY LOWER than the general population. Once you swing you find it easy to cut through all those bullshit religous and social mores that tell you to be ashamed about sex, body and desires and really start communicating with your S.O. Increased honest communication leads to happier marriages.

Strangely enough you CAN find those stats on wikipedia and they are WAY LOWER than the general population. Once you swing you find it easy to cut through all those bullshit religous and social mores that tell you to be ashamed about sex, body and desires and really start communicating with your S.O. Increased honest communication leads to happier marriages.

No. Check with a few Marriage therapists.

Marriage therapists only see the small percentage that went wrong. If I followed that logic marriage itself would be seen as a failure. (maybe it is)

Marriage therapists only see the small percentage that went wrong. If I followed that logic marriage itself would be seen as a failure. (maybe it is)

All I know is what I've experienced and been told by others. My best friends wife killed herself after he coerced her to swing and dumped her for another woman. That doesn't sound happy to me.

I know plenty of couples talk smack about swinging but I've not met any happy swinging couples.

All I know is what I've experienced and been told by others. My best friends wife killed herself after he coerced her to swing and dumped her for another woman. That doesn't sound happy to me.

One couple does not define a trend that involves about 5% of the population these days.

I know plenty of couples talk smack about swinging but I've not met any happy swinging couples.
Pleased to meet you :)

Why do I write LW stories

Quite simply it is a rich source of emotional turmoil. That is what is important to me.

Sometimes I'll put a story in Romance if that is the main theme of the story. To tell the truth my stories rarely fit one particular category and LW seems to be my catch all.

Getting angry comments is quite easy. All you have to do is write a story where the husband is not a Charles Bronson type but also not a willing cuckold. Many readers demand direct punishment. They find it difficult to accept that moving on and living a good life is the best form of revenge.

One couple does not define a trend that involves about 5% of the population these days.

Pleased to meet you :)

Its much larger than 5%; fully 73% of Americans sleep around. We're disposable and boring.

As an horny wife, I agree. I am a loving wife to everybody.

Thanks for bumping this thread; it predates my LIT membership and I'm glad to see it now.

I have written exactly two LW stories. One is told from the POV of a woman who's cheated all her life, and gets away with it -- that story's vote is just above 2.0. The other has the cheaters obliterated by a flash flood -- that one won a Red H. My conclusion: LW readers like punishment.

Alert eyes may note that most of my early series were Group Sex and most of my recent tales are Incest-Taboo. I am not an Incest fetishist, and I don't read that many Group Sex stories any more. The cat that draws me is, and long has been, Loving Wives. The best stories there are just more dramatic than tales in other cats. I'm trying to work out how to write stories with enough drama to do well there without indulging in egregious and nauseating BTB cliches.

Much of LIT's best storytelling is in LW. The trolls drive the dynamics. Curious...

EDIT: This is my post #3000. Huzzah.

Last edited:
Back