Gentlemen Only

"No matter their shape or size... position or wealth... they all dream of the temptress. The irresistible... unapproachable Venus... who quickly turns pliable maiden when they've had a hard day." -Dangerous Beauty

It really is quite simple. We want to get out of bed, go forth and kill something, take a nap under a tree while a woman butchers and cooks the carcass, eat said carcass. Bask in her praise of our manly prowess during said eating. Following a good belch, we will mount her to demonstrate our other manly quality. Then to sleep, perchance to dream. Repeat.

Explain all the cowards.

Here's a few things....

If you cook for me, do it cuz you love me and want me to eat and enjoy your cooking

If you want sex with me, don't just lay there and say do me, find out what I like and try it at least and try to keep it fresh, ( a girl in lingerie has done at least minimal effort imo )

If you want love, then act like you love me

If you argue with me, remember you love me too

If you respect me, remember what for

Forgive me my petty faults, and even a few of the bigger ones

Count on me when things are tough

Let me be the man I am, not so much the one you want to turn me into

I am a man, not some sissy to push around, you want that, you got the wrong guy

I want you, believe it

When I display courtesy to you, believe it, I mean it, its for you and you alone

When I want to kiss you with enthusiasm, respond in kind

Talk to me, be interested in the things I do, at least some of the time

leave me alone when I want to be left alone, 90% of the time it has nothing to do with you and I need that space and time

Forgive my crude humor, its a man thing

I am me all the time, you are you all the time, we are us all the time, the three don't always coincide

Be yourself exclusive of me

Notice and appreciate where appropriate all of the above that I do for you

there's more I'm sure, but you get the idea

bah, someone here will likely tell me what an dumbass I am anyway, have fun darlin ;)

Like.

I want a Lady in public and Satan's daughter in bed.

I want a reasonable job, a good strong cold drink, a nice house and a welcome when I get to heaven.

Right now I want the gumption to do stuff, so I guess someone who will push me? Light the fire under my ass that you /shouldn't/ have to do for an adult. Because doing shit that you shouldn't have to do, because you know your partner's limits, without completely hating them for those imperfections, is, I guess, a big component in love?

I am no Gentleman, but I'll play along.

I have met precious few Ladies that seem endowed with the ability to accurately articulate what they want.

Yet, a lot of Ladies seem to have a certitude about what Gentlemen want.

My favorite F-to-M projection is that "A Gentleman appreciates a Lady that is hard to get." False.

"A Lady appreciates a Gentleman that she perceives as aloof." True.

Some things are universal. Everyone needs to be validated and appreciated. No one likes to be taken advantage of or taken for granted.

A trusted partner. Given that all else falls into place.

Ishmael

It really is quite simple. We want to get out of bed, go forth and kill something, take a nap under a tree while a woman butchers and cooks the carcass, eat said carcass. Bask in her praise of our manly prowess during said eating. Following a good belch, we will mount her to demonstrate our other manly quality. Then to sleep, perchance to dream. Repeat.

I know, with absolute certainty, that I am descended from men who lived that life, and I envy them.

I know, with absolute certainty, that I am descended from men who lived that life, and I envy them.

We are all descendants from humans who lived that life.
And I bet, if you lived that life, you would desperately want to come back to this one.
Things are not always as they look like in fantasy novels.

We are all descendants from humans who lived that life.
And I bet, if you lived that life, you would desperately want to come back to this one.
Things are not always as they look like in fantasy novels.

You could very well be right, Kat, but I can't help but think about the fact every single one of those ancestors of mine lived full lives, which included surviving childhood and managing to find a mate and having at least one child. Every single one. And you're right, females included. So it must not have been that bad. I'm thinking it was pretty good, actually, all things considered. I should have been a caveman. :)

Women are shrewd horse traders and instinctively know everything about any man, but mostly they know your financial worth, down to cents, and know your lifetime income potential. They'll settle for a pauper, for sex and companionship, but are always looking to trade UP for better income. THIS AINT PERSONAL, DEAR, ITS BUSINESS.

You could very well be right, Kat, but I can't help but think about the fact every single one of those ancestors of mine lived full lives, which included surviving childhood and managing to find a mate and having at least one child. Every single one. And you're right, females included. So it must not have been that bad. I'm thinking it was pretty good, actually, all things considered. I should have been a caveman. :)

A lot of them didnt survive. It doesnt take so many to maintain the specie. They lived short lives full of fear and hunger. It wasnt that bad from their perspective but it would be very bad from yours. I bet you are not even aware how much a product of your civilization you are and how horrible it would be for you to lose some of those benefits you dont even know you have now.

I used to date a history professor who had a pastoral caveman syndrome. Even though he knew quite well what it was like, in theory, he failed really badly in practice. I lived with nature and animals many years, and most laws of nature I observed (which our ancestors lived by) a modern man would find immensely cruel and unbearable.
Mind you, I dont care about living in past, I just love the nature :D

Not all men are the same. I want the following-

Someone who doesn't see the point of keeping secrets from me or playing passive-aggressive head games.

Someone who will respect me enough not to yell at me, threaten me, or hit me.

Someone who will either be faithful to me, or at least be honest and tell me when the relationship is over.

Someone who actually wants to talk to me, often, about any topic under the sun.

Someone who wants to spend time with me.

Someone who wants to touch me and be touched by me.

Someone who shares the dreams I have and will work with me to make them happen.

Someone who will be my friend and trusted confidante.

Someone who understands that my imperfections will not disappear over time, and that she cannot change me. You have to take the bad with the good. I'm not perfect and never will be.

Someone who is independent enough to have her own space, her own friends, and her own life outside of just me all the time.

Someone who understands I'm not interested in small chat with strangers among crowds of people, and that most social settings include this behavior. I don't want to participate. I'm quirky like that.

A lot of them didnt survive. It doesnt take so many to maintain the specie. They lived short lives full of fear and hunger. It wasnt that bad from their perspective but it would be very bad from yours. I bet you are not even aware how much a product of your civilization you are and how horrible it would be for you to lose some of those benefits you dont even know you have now.

I used to date a history professor who had a pastoral caveman syndrome. Even though he knew quite well what it was like, in theory, he failed really badly in practice. I lived with nature and animals many years, and most laws of nature I observed (which our ancestors lived by) a modern man would find immensely cruel and unbearable.
Mind you, I dont care about living in past, I just love the nature :D

I'm aware of everything you're saying, but there's still the fact every single one of my ancestors, male and female, and every single one of yours, male and female, did survive, and did prosper. Even those that were born and lived their lives in caves tens of thousands of years ago, in what is now Croatia, and elsewhere in what is now Europe. And I doubt they all lived short lives. I know none of them lived too short a life to experience sex and reproduction. They all succeeded in that. And I'm guessing most of them fell in love, and I'm guessing all of them experienced many of the good things in life. The best things in life, actually. Sex, food, laughter. You know the list. And I'm sure most of them were brave, and they must have been strong. Men and women alike. I admire them as well as envy them. I could go on, but I'm sure I've said more than you want to hear. :)

And I doubt they all lived short lives. I know none of them lived too short a life to experience sex and reproduction. They all succeeded in that.

Average lifespan of a Paleolithic male was 35 years, 30 for female. You dont need a long life to reproduce. Mice reproduce too ;)

Here's a few things....

If you cook for me, do it cuz you love me and want me to eat and enjoy your cooking
it is kinda exciting when you're cooking for someone, even better when you're feeding them very sensual.

If you want sex with me, don't just lay there and say do me, find out what I like and try it at least and try to keep it fresh, ( a girl in lingerie has done at least minimal effort imo )
sad to say there are men who want you to just lie there. I was with this one guy briefly who would come the instant I moved or did anything. It was the most frustrating sexual experience.

If you want love, then act like you love me

If you argue with me, remember you love me too

If you respect me, remember what for

Forgive me my petty faults, and even a few of the bigger ones

Count on me when things are tough

Let me be the man I am, not so much the one you want to turn me into hello, we pick a guy who shows the potential to be the man we want him to be.

I am a man, not some sissy to push around, you want that, you got the wrong guy it would be more convincing if you didn't need my help to even pick out what clothes you should wear. It's really annoying when men (or women) want to be treated like independent responsible adults but refuse to behave as such.

I want you, believe it
show me, but since I'm also pretty aural, tell me, frequently.

When I display courtesy to you, believe it, I mean it, its for you and you alone it's nicer if you're courteous all around. not just nice to me and an asshole to everyone else. I don't buy that bad boy turned good for me fantasy.

When I want to kiss you with enthusiasm, respond in kind
stoke my fire and I will consume you as well

Talk to me, be interested in the things I do, at least some of the time

leave me alone when I want to be left alone, 90% of the time it has nothing to do with you and I need that space and time this!!

Forgive my crude humor, its a man thing
COLOR="red"]forgive my dark and twisted humour, it's a 'me' thing.[/COLOR]

I am me all the time, you are you all the time, we are us all the time, the three don't always coincide

Be yourself exclusive of me this!

Notice and appreciate where appropriate all of the above that I do for you

there's more I'm sure, but you get the idea

bah, someone here will likely tell me what an dumbass I am anyway, have fun darlin ;)

Not all men are the same. I want the following-

Someone who doesn't see the point of keeping secrets from me or playing passive-aggressive head games.

Someone who will respect me enough not to yell at me, threaten me, or hit me.

Someone who will either be faithful to me, or at least be honest and tell me when the relationship is over.

Someone who actually wants to talk to me, often, about any topic under the sun.

Someone who wants to spend time with me.

Someone who wants to touch me and be touched by me.

Someone who shares the dreams I have and will work with me to make them happen.

Someone who will be my friend and trusted confidante.

Someone who understands that my imperfections will not disappear over time, and that she cannot change me. You have to take the bad with the good. I'm not perfect and never will be.

Someone who is independent enough to have her own space, her own friends, and her own life outside of just me all the time.

Someone who understands I'm not interested in small chat with strangers among crowds of people, and that most social settings include this behavior. I don't want to participate. I'm quirky like that.

So basically, you don't want me.

We want to fuck you. All the time. Every day. It's really not all that complicated.

Everyone of you? Even the gay ones? Oh my!

Try cooking for someone 2 meals a day 17 years, and not just someone but two more small someones you produced together.
You kinda stop feeling all excited about cooking for some reason....

I think the same things as women want. To connect. To feel attractive. To feel interesting. To feel sexually dynamic and validated. There's obviously no one script for ALL men, and I think that cultural conditioning has either taught some of us to want unhealthy things, or to be unsure of how to get what we DO want. But I also don't think Maslow's Hierarchy is differentiated by gender. We're all just people, you know? We're all just trying to be happy.

You referenced the hierarchy of needs. :) I agree, irrespective of gender, self actualization is what we all want and hence being appreciated counts far more than a host of other things. For all the men want beer/sandwich and/or sex jokes, the physiological needs are at the base of the pyramid.

Idk, I could really go for a big fat 6 carat overpriced diamond and platinum ring that puts you in debt for 2 years that truly shows you love me forever.
With me it's a diamond and platinum ring that would cost the same as a house but you could afford to buy it for me anyway. Like JBJ said, it's just business.

Appreciation, trust, and a user manual.

I can fetch my own beer, and if I make the sandwich myself, I get it the way I like it.

Like. I appreciate a man who knows his way around the kitchen. And while you're in there, can you also make me a sandwich?

A manly thread started by a manly guy.

Skiddles, you hairy hoor, where have you been? I've missed you. I was worried you'd abandoned me for some new female impersonator.

A trusted partner. Given that all else falls into place.

Ishmael

A partner who can't cook, isn't attractive and feels like a dead fish when you fuck them and is fine so long as you can trust them?

Women are shrewd horse traders and instinctively know everything about any man, but mostly they know your financial worth, down to cents, and know your lifetime income potential. They'll settle for a pauper, for sex and companionship, but are always looking to trade UP for better income. THIS AINT PERSONAL, DEAR, ITS BUSINESS.

Of course in the good ole days i wanted the muscled brute who could protect me from all the beasties but if I have money I can hire help to take care of all my needs so I just need to find someone who has the money, because I am a woman. On the other hand men are noble beings, who never let their actions, especially when it comes to picking partners, be influenced by anything as sleazy as money. Nope, not man, just us women.

Try cooking for someone 2 meals a day 17 years, and not just someone but two more small someones you produced together.
You kinda stop feeling all excited about cooking for some reason....

I'm not talking about cooking as a daily chore but one where the food is kinda foreplay.

I don't do foreplay, everything before the sex is foreplay for me. So, dinner, dancing, movie, talking is foreplay.

I'm not talking about cooking as a daily chore but one where the food is kinda foreplay.

I don't do foreplay, everything before the sex is foreplay for me. So, dinner, dancing, movie, talking is foreplay.

What if you have sex every day... would you still cook every day?

Tho I do think male ideas of cooking for them include maybe less foreplay and more actual feeding.

Me, I only have beef with dishes.
And I like to include kissing in foreplay now and then too. Its kinda cheaper.
If my husbands had to spend on dinner, movies and dancing every time they wanted sex I would be the first one to nag about the pointless budget wasting.

Back