So, all you Moonies .....

jaF0

Watcher
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Posts
36,082
Gonna be watchin' the big spectacle Sunday?


They say it's gonna be orange. Like we need another orange ass.


Pretty sure it'll be cloudy over me. Usually is. Not silver either.
 
I seriously thought you were referring to this guy's funeral. See the date:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Hi_Pak

Bo Hi Pak (August 18, 1930 – January 12, 2019 in Korea. Korean: 박보희/朴普熙) was a prominent member of the Unification Church. ("Moonies")

**

But yeah, I think we're supposed to have big time cloud cover, which is unusual for us.
 
I know I can look this up, but this seems easier. What time is totality? I forgot, sometime after midnight CST.
 
Mostly cloudy with snow showers may eclipse the eclipse.
 
I seriously thought you were referring to this guy's funeral. See the date:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Hi_Pak

Bo Hi Pak (August 18, 1930 – January 12, 2019 in Korea. Korean: 박보희/朴普熙) was a prominent member of the Unification Church. ("Moonies")

**

But yeah, I think we're supposed to have big time cloud cover, which is unusual for us.

Reverend Moon died?! That man loved a big wedding.
 
Snow flurries with 95% sky cover, possibly dropping to around 85% by midnight. Not much chance of being Mooned.
 


Sunday, 20 January - Monday, 21 January



Double Feature Lunar Eclipse and Supermoon This Month Simultaneously



by Anthony Watts


"The 'supermoon bloodmoon lunar eclipse' is coming to North and South America, as well and the UK and parts of Eastern Europe this month. The total lunar eclipse will start late on Sunday, Jan. 20, and finish early on Monday, Jan. 21, and because it occurs during a 'supermoon', it will appear about 14% bigger than normal.

It will also be one of the few times when you’ll be able to photograph the moon and stars simultaneously. While it will be a deep blood red, the contrast difference will be low enough that cameras will be able to pick up stars in the background..."




lots more...


"What's New" from Harvard Smithsonian Astrophysics




 
I may get Mooned after all. Sky is nearly clear for the moment and there is a huge bright disc up there.
 
And so it begins.

Clouds are filtering through partially blocking. It's high in the sky over the house making it hard to see by looking out a window and I'm not going out in 20 degree weather to look up.
 
We had clear skies (and temps that hurt your face). We stepped outside a few times to watch though. It looked like blood on the moon. Glad I have the day off so I could stay up late and see it.
 
I froze my ass off in a leather skirt, but the kids and I enjoyed the spectacle under clear skies. The moon had a nice reddish tint around totality. 🌹Kant👠👠👠
 
Back
Top