Crescent Ville (IC, check the open OOC)

Lily just grinned at David and gave him a lascivious wink. Then Morrigyn mentioned the peach cobbler. "You know I only keep it in the back because of you my dear, " she smiled and got up leaving her coffee on the table. "Whipped cream and butterscotch coming right up! "

She made her way to the back and began her usual rummaging around. Morrigyn wasn't too subtle about wanting some time with David herself, she woman should have just asked her to come back later. After all it had been David himself that had asked to talk to her. Sitting down for a moment she let her mind wander. She would only give Morrigyn ten minutes. And the damn cobbler.

Idly, Lily wondered what she should paint her nails while she was on vacation. She never got to do girly things like that. She coffee bungs always managed to rip her nails off... or burn her fingertips.
 
Caleb made sure that Echo was okay then sent her on her way and headed to his afternoon class. It was nothing special, but he had to keep up appearances and studying ancient Myths and Legends and how they fitted into the make up of actual society was a good way of doing it.

He actually enjoyed the class, and the debates got rather rowdy at times. They didn't just discuss the big Myths either like the Roman and Greek gods that everyone was familiar with and had become more popular with the release of the Percy Jackson books. Or the ever popular Vampires and Werewolves, God that one had been boring, so many Twihard fans it was a wonder they had got any serious discussions on that one.

They also discussed ancient Celtic legends and the Druids. Things like the Greenman and Gaia and actual Wiccan practices. That had hit close to home and he had had to bite his tongue and stay pretty quiet on that debate as most of the class had trashed his beliefs. The usual satanic stuff had come up, as had black magic, although some people had said the right things.

Today they were starting on the Viking gods, another favorite topic of his. Of course he wondered how many people were going to bring up the movie versions of them. He sighed, did no one read anymore or do any research. The reality was very different and he couldn't wait to put them in their place.
 
After waiting for about half a minute without any reaction, Jon dismissed the feeling as mild paranoia and continued walking back to the greenhouse. On his way there, his phone beeped due to a new text. It was from Jeremy and it said to set up surveillance on the lab. It also said to tell the others that they would be meeting tonight. Jon texted back with a confirmation and asked that someone watch Morrigyn. Then he texted the other Hunters and told them about the meeting.

After that was done, Jon arrived at the greenhouse and decided to take a quick nap since he didn't have another class for a few hours.
 
David cocked his head as Lily sauntered off, lost in thought for a brief moment until Morrigyn's elbow brought him back to his senses.

"Hmm? Ah, yes,..." he stuttered, regaining his composure. "Well, that went easier than I thought it might. As for our business, I wouldn't mind seeing you later this evening after the school day was done. Perhaps we could review some of the special students and perhaps offer some guidance as to their futures?"

He stood, straightening his jacket. "My townhouse would be better than my office of course."

He sighed, "In the meantime, I need to deal with the hooligan issue and review some other notes before our meeting."

He nodded politely to Morrigyn and made his way back toward the school.
 
Morrigyn nodded, "I can swing by your place later. I'd rather keep our business and school business separate whenever I can." She explained waving politely as he set off and relieved to see Lilly returning with the requested cheesecake.

"Oh, wow! A big slice too! Thanks, Lilly!"
 
Lily returned shortly after David left. She'd been staring at her watch for about ten minutes before deciding to go back to her best friend.

Sighing, she sat down next to her and picked up her now cold coffee, giving it a sip and sighed again. "Soooo guessing by the state of your wardrobe, you're going to cancel on me tonight again?"

She knew Morrigyn didn't go out often, not in the traditional sense, but the woman had been promising her a night out for months now. "My place just got trashed and I've got some extra work piling up - I guess its not really a good time now either."

She sighed again.

"The full moon is coming out soon... and all the crazies with it,"

Even normal people noticed there was something different around Crescentville when the moon rose each month. Some people just partied harder, some people had conspiracy theories and even other were so new agey that they did weird rituals under the light of the moon. She'd had many a college student stumble into her café with weird red paint on their faces and alcohol on their breath. In fact, the police and ambulance were quite used to being called to Moony's on nights like those.

"Soooo.... what reason are you using to blow me off now?" she grumbled, sticking a finger in her cold coffee then idly sucking on it.
 
Morrigyn sighed and wrapped an arm around her friend, kissing her cheek warmly. "I'm not blowing you off, Lily-love. It's not like that. I have extra work grading papers and a few other work related projects to attend to. Plus, of course, checking on grandmother. But, if it's not super late when I'm finished I can text you, see how you feel, and if you want to go out afterward. Would that be alright?"
 
Lily sighed.

"Well, alright I guess. I've got some stuff I've been putting off too." She looked around at the general disarray of her shop. Her staff were more than competent, but she was a hands on boss. When she didn't have other commitments.

"Well, let me know okay sweetie?" she gave her friend a hug and waved off the payment for Morrigyn's meal. And yes, cake is a meal.

Then, sweeping her hair back into a ponytail and putting on her game face, Lily moved off to be the boss she was meant to be and attend to her business as she should be doing.
 
Caleb sat in class and listened to the professor actually almost butcher the legends of the Vikings. God had he done any research himself. He described Thor and Loki almost like the movies did with a few actual facts thrown in. Odin was barely mentioned and he got his story about how he lost his eye and gained his Ravens, Huginn and Muninn wrong. He didn't even mention his wolves Geri and Freki or Sleipnir his eight legged horse.

His list of the gods was so short that he missed out half of them including Odin's wife Frigg, and Freya both important deities in their own rights. Heck Freya was the ruler of Fólkvangr every much as important as Valhalla. She got half of the slain warriors and took in the women who had died a noble death into her hall Sessrúmnir. She was also the one who supposedly trained and led the Valkyries.

There was so much missing that he was going to walk out in disgust but he just had to stay for the discussion to see if anyone else brought up his faults. Only a handful mentioned a few more of the gods he had missed and he had dismissed them as minor and that he did not have a lot of time so had glossed over them so he could discuss the main gods.

Finally Caleb had had enough. He raised his voice and called out "So where did you get this supposed information professor, the back of a cereal box or Saturday morning cartoons?"

A few people laughed nervously but the professor's face glowed red in anger. before he could talk however Caleb continued his attack. "Most of your supposed 'Research' is completely false and so much is missing that I would hardly call this a class at all. Seriously professor you didn't even talk about the fact that Odin brought writing to the Norse people in the form of Runes, or that he is behind the name for Wednesday, or did you not know that. Perhaps you did not know that Thor is also responsible for Thursday either. Pretty important facts are they not."

He glared down at the man from his seat disgusted at him. "What did you do, watch the Avengers movie and base your lecture on that. You described Loki as an evil god, yet he was a trickster plain and simple and often did good deeds as well. Sure he eventually does something evil but it is a one time thing so bad he is caught and punished for it."

Caleb has finally had enough and stood up preparing to walk out. "My god you didn't even talk about Ragnarok. What is the end of the world as the Norse believed it Not important enough for you, he shouted. "Your a fraud professor and I will be asking the board to investigate your credentials. I will not be returning to your class."

With that he stormed out and headed towards his house. God he had been enjoying that course as well. It had been distracting, but in hindsight he should have picked up on the fact that the guy had been bluffing his way through it. Damn now what was he going to do with his time?
 
Last edited:
Morrigyn hurried through her last lecture of the day and was more anxious to get to the lab part of class than even some of her students. It was a useful lesson and this was an advanced group. A small class of her twelve best students in junior year. They were clever and quick witted, and she enjoyed their thirst for knowledge.

Also, Flynn Dwyer, a partiicularly handsome young man, was flirtatious just to the point of near impropriety and he kept her on her toes, feeling lively and attractive every time they shared a double entendre or a sly grin.

Professor Jennifer Hadley had told Morrigyn that she'd had him once, had meaning they'd definitely been intimate. Jenny and Morrigyn didn't usually share secrets but it was upon accidentally ingesting a cookie baked with a temporary truth serum into the batch that Jenny had revealed this. The details of Jenny's sexual encounter with Flynn gave Morrigyn pause as he flirted with her now and she couldn't resist flirting back. She'd heard very good things about him...

Unlike the mundane humans in this school Morrigyn Lucimere had no rule of behavior stopping her from taking a lover of anyone she wished as long as they were not children or invalids. And, a witch's sex drive can be quite high. Half the staff of the school had been her lover at some point in time. Only those for whom respect ran too deep had it not yet come up despite sex, to her, being often just about release and not always an act of love.

She realized as she watched the class work on their herbal cold remedies and did the maths in her head, that she'd already fucked at least six percent of her students this year, men and women, both. Flynn looked up from his composed flask and winked at her confidently and she realized with a slow smile that he'd likely be next.

The class was over before she knew it and, alas, his phone rang and had his attention before she could decide what to do about the delicious tension between them...He was safe from her appetite for yet another weekend.

Finally, it was punch-out time! She had everything in her office ready to bring home to grandmother.
 
Last edited:
Initially he had intended on seeking Joseph out but on a second thought he had telephoned HQ requesting for surveillance cameras and undetectable weapons.
Jeremy glanced at his watch, 7:35, he was five minutes late from the scheduled time. He hated being late, assuming it was back in HQ, he would be shaking now as he approached the hideout. Fortunately as the oldest hunter in the school. (age is graded by years of experience ) he was in charge and had no reason to worry.
Deep in Rustlle woods not too far from Crescent high, a cabin stood in a large clearing that was rigged with traps and cameras.
Now on the porch with the box of gadget in his arms he knocked on the door, thrice with his feet. He stepped back a little, waiting for the little slide on the door to open to reveal someone that will request for the passcode.
As he waited, his thoughts drifted to Lily, to the possibility of them being together someday. Along the way he had considered what her colleague had said and he had come to a resolution, which was to fight for heart.
Maybe after the meeting, if the assigned tasks are not too time consuming, he might just be able to pay her a visit. even get lucky in asking her out.
 
Last edited:
Caleb walked into chaos as soon as he got home. His sisters were running around the house getting prepared for tonight as were the servants. His parents were holding some sort of party to celebrate an anniversary or something and a lot of the witching community was supposed to be coming. He however would rather be somewhere else. Caleb was not big on these fancy parties as his parents paraded him around like a trophy of some sort all because he was a Male witch.

One had not been born in several centuries, well not a natural one as strong as him anyway. At first he was a very big disappointment to his parents, a boy in a family of witches usually is. They had been hoping for a girl to round out their seven children and he had spoiled their plans. For the first ten years of his life he had been shunned by most in his family except his youngest two sisters. They had treated him like a proper brother no matter what their parents had said.

Of course he had been magical since the age of two and had secretly been teaching himself by watching what his sisters did and getting them to show him what they got up to in their Secret lessons. He found it came naturally to him and was quite easy even though his sisters said it was exhausting and hard work. At ten he was of course tested to see if he had any talent. His parents were going to forgo the tradition, after all he was male, but they went through with it.

Caleb debated whether to show them his true power but decided against it and just sent a trickle. His parents had thought the test flawed and had it performed five more times before they accepted the results. Of course then they paid attention to him. A male witch was something to brag about.

Now here he was again, expected to get dressed up and parade around in front of people like a good little puppy dog. Well not tonight. He knew the anniversary was important and all but he would rather it be respected and not turned into this farce.

He rushed up to his room and changed into his usual Jeans, black t-shirt, leather jacket and boots, before grabbing his spell book. Well spell book was saying a lot. It was basically a list of recipes and dates and scribbles that would not look like much to an untrained eye and it was only a notepad. To him it was just a reminder for the knowledge inside him. He knew most things by heart but the more potent spells he needed guides for. That is what his book was for.

He looked out his window and with a quick gesture he gently floated to the ground and made his way to the garage and the motorbike within.
 
Back
Top