It's almost time for ... NaNo!

I've signed up for NaNo for the first time ever! I'm intimidated but excited. I am taking 2 college courses, working full time, raising 2 kids, and playing on 2 sports teams, but, what the heck! lol

Well you should have plenty of time for it with all the slacking off you do;)

I'm encouraged by the interest! I'll see what I can do about setting up a thread in the NaNo forum/lounge. Or I'll ask Lynn to do it for me. ;)

I'm in.

I thought about starting a thread.

You can begin a thread for Lit members in the NaNo forum. Erotic Fiction is the genre lounge we used in the past.

Well, I've signed up on NaNo for this year, with a novel photo and excerpt and everything. But I can't figure out how to start forum thread. Lynn? Help? :)

Well, I've signed up on NaNo for this year, with a novel photo and excerpt and everything. But I can't figure out how to start forum thread. Lynn? Help? :)

In the past, we made a thread in the Erotic Fiction Lounge, using Lit (or Literotica) in the title. The beginning post can be brief. Welcome fellow Litsters and anyone else replying. Simple works.

Ok, I think I've got it.

I started a thread in the genre lounge, in the erotic fiction section, called Literotica Hangout. Pop in when you feel like it.

Just FYI, the NaNo name I write under is ehut24

Ok, I think I've got it.

I started a thread in the genre lounge, in the erotic fiction section, called Literotica Hangout. Pop in when you feel like it.

Just FYI, the NaNo name I write under is ehut24

:cool:

Ok, NaNo Litsters!

Has everyone signed up? Everyone found the thread I started in the Forums?

I'm trying to find an even better way to encourage each other as a group, more like the NaNo Summer Camp cabin that we enjoyed so much in July. AMoveableBeast may be helping me out on that.

Here are the people I am counting on for encouragement and sanity checks (or insanity checks) come November 1st:

sheablue (me, obviously)
PennLady
Lynn
LoveCraft
JagFarlane
VanessaNelson (welcome!)
TxRad (C'mon, you're retired, what else you got to do? ;))
callmeismael

That's a great group! I have one or two friends from Real Life doing it as well, but I need as much motivation and friendly competition as possible to keep me going. I'd love to see a few more names on this list.

I wrote a NaNo How-To seven years ago!

http://www.literotica.com/s/complete-nanowrimo

'Complete' as in 'How To Complete the NaNo Challenge', not complete=everything abour NaNoWriMo.

My 12 Chapters of Flawed Red Silk were my 2003 NaNoWriMo success. I set myself an additional challenge - to write the 50,000 words as a set of linked Literotica stories, edit them, and have them posted on Literotica BEFORE the end of the NaNo month, even allowing for delays in posting. I achieved that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, I'm in and I found the Lit forum. Not sure if this will work, but here's a link to the nanomo forums. I found the Literotica Hangout on the second page. Have fun everyone!

Excellent! I'm glad you found the forum and the Literotica Hangout. It took me a while to figure that out.

Adding BuckyDuckman to the prestigious list.

What about you, Ogg? Are you going to participate this year?

Excellent! I'm glad you found the forum and the Literotica Hangout. It took me a while to figure that out.

Adding BuckyDuckman to the prestigious list.

What about you, Ogg? Are you going to participate this year?

Me? Unlikely but I am aiming to complete some of my part-finished stories during November.

My minimum target is a new story submitted each week in November. My maximum is the equivalent of one a day = 30 during November. It can't be one each day because there are several very busy days in my diary for next month. On some of them I won't be able to turn my computer on.

I might reach 50,000 new words if I submit 30 stories. But I see NaNoWriMo as a challenge only for me. I know I can write 50,000 words a month. I proved it to myself in 2003. Some months I have written far more than 50,000 but not all of those words were for Literotica.

Me? Unlikely but I am aiming to complete some of my part-finished stories during November.

My minimum target is a new story submitted each week in November. My maximum is the equivalent of one a day = 30 during November. It can't be one each day because there are several very busy days in my diary for next month. On some of them I won't be able to turn my computer on.

I might reach 50,000 new words if I submit 30 stories. But I see NaNoWriMo as a challenge only for me. I know I can write 50,000 words a month. I proved it to myself in 2003. Some months I have written far more than 50,000 but not all of those words were for Literotica.

I totally get it. However, if you'd like to participate with out little group, using your own parameters as a goal, you would be a most welcome addition.

Ok, NaNo Litsters!

I'm trying to find an even better way to encourage each other as a group, more like the NaNo Summer Camp cabin that we enjoyed so much in July. AMoveableBeast may be helping me out on that.

Here are the people I am counting on for encouragement and sanity checks (or insanity checks) come November 1st:

sheablue (me, obviously)
PennLady
Lynn
LoveCraft
JagFarlane
VanessaNelson (welcome!)
callmeismael

That's a great group! I have one or two friends from Real Life doing it as well, but I need as much motivation and friendly competition as possible to keep me going. I'd love to see a few more names on this list.

Encouragement from me? :eek: I might have managed a thousand words (total) over the past few weeks.

I did it a couple of years ago (successful) and I'm still editing and rewriting it all. What a chore!

Not sure I'd do it again, but I'd recommend it as a good discipline, particularly for a novel writer.

Duh, I made plans for Saturday morning without thinking about the date. My normal routine is to go without sleeping the first night to give myself a decent word count for day one. :rolleyes:

Duh, I made plans for Saturday morning without thinking about the date. My normal routine is to go without sleeping the first night to give myself a decent word count for day one. :rolleyes:

LOL I'm actually figuring I won't really be able to start until next Tuesday. Kids home over the weekend of course, and things to do, and my parents coming up Sunday night to stay until Monday, and they'll watch the kids while we go to meet with teachers. Tuesday the kids get their flu vaccine.

So, I'm guessing I can't really start until Wednesday.

There are ways to catch up, PL, you can do it.

I'm going to have the kids on my own all day Saturday, but I am angling for some Saturday night writing time.

Or some kids zoning in front of the TV eating Halloween candy writing time.

LOL I'm actually figuring I won't really be able to start until next Tuesday. Kids home over the weekend of course, and things to do, and my parents coming up Sunday night to stay until Monday, and they'll watch the kids while we go to meet with teachers. Tuesday the kids get their flu vaccine.

So, I'm guessing I can't really start until Wednesday.

Good luck with all the activities, including the vaccines.

I am Nano-ing again this year, but on day one suffering after a big night before and i seem to have lost most of words, lol. Oh well 29 more days to catch up :)

Took forever and a password change to get my camp NaNo name back.:(

But I'm in and going to try and add more to the story I was writing then. I do hope that unlike the summer one this doesn't burn me out as bad.

I didn't want to write for about a month.

But then the weather has turned and I'm not working out in the heat now. Which helps.

MST

Ok, NaNo Litsters!

sheablue (me, obviously)
PennLady
Lynn
LoveCraft
JagFarlane
VanessaNelson (welcome!)
callmeismael

Happy First Day of NaNo!

I'm glad to see more names on the list of participants. Here is the current list. Is everyone still in?

sheablue (me, obviously)
PennLady
Lynn
LoveCraft
JagFarlane
VanessaNelson (welcome!)
callmeismael
BuckyDuckman
Megias
elliebabe
MSTarot

I wish there were some way other than the forum for us all to chat and commiserate, like there is in the summer NaNo, but for now we call all encourage and vent here, on in the forum thread.

If anyone wants to share what name they are writing under, I'd love to add you to my writing buddy page. I'm writing under ehut24, if anyone wants to add me.

Happy Writing today!

My minimum target is a new story submitted each week in November. ...

First story just submitted - 16th chapter of Shelacta.

Back