Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization


Here is a article that seems to add fact to the discussion.:) ( Hi AC.)

The researchers who work with cannabis, the cannabinoid system and cannabis science often refer to cannabinoids as working like “grease” and facilitating transitions from one state to another, and as allowing change. Certainly, more study in these areas is desirable, and necessary. But the federal government systematically blocks such studies.

Whereas clinical researchers can get permission from the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to grow or create restricted compounds like LSD, MDMA or psilocybin in the lab, they are unable to do so when it comes to marijuana.

The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) currently is funding a nearly $2 million study in an attempt to find a link between marijuana use and domestic violence, even though a recent study published by the journal Neuropharmacology has found that cannabinoids may reduce aggression and improve social interactions.

Maybe you should be high to post on this thread? Aggression much?
 
What a wonderful post, JackLuis, thanks so much for adding it. I must agree that smoking pot makes me less aggressive and more social. I also tend to drive the speed limit (or a little slower). LOL

I suppose the powers that be would rather have a bunch of angry, aggressive individuals instead of peaceful, loving ones for some reason. Maybe, it is our dependence on war and all the hardware we manufacture to keep this country afloat, instead of the desire to get along with others.

Even the Republicans can't agree and they are in the same political party. There is too much aggression driven by too much alcohol in this country (IMHO) and it does not seem to be slowing down, at all.
 
It would be wonderful if everyone checked their facts before posting, but then it would no longer be LITEROTICA, aka FREE FOR ALL, in more ways than one.

I thoroughly enjoy a good discussion, and try not to spout too much knowledge on here for that very reason. Someone always takes offense.

Luckily, I have developed a thick skin for this site, and do not let the jabs get me riled up, because that just makes the naysayers feel important, which they are not. I have no need to be agreed with, but if in disagreement, it is nice to back it up with something more than smoke and mirrors.

THANKS to everyone, who posted intelligent remarks here.

A+ beautiful :D
 
Being in the UK, this discussion does not affect me much. When we have had a real
debate on the subject, a few questions have been answered by the more serious newspapers, but not a lot. I do know that a lot of research is going on into 'cannaboids' [?] , but mostly for medicinal purposes (Altzheimers, Parkinsons, etc.).

When there was a 'reduced tobacco' urge a few years ago, the government of the day declared that the cost of 20 fags would be unchanged, despite there being 30% less tobacco (the rest was cellulose). This was probably the main reason why the whole thing failed. The cigarettes were made by a normal commercial firm.

But the question needs to be asked, I fear. If the Weed is legalised, would there be a federal move to control the dose in 'domestic' fags, or would they leave folks to get their own from where they can (as they do now, I guess).

"Camels; the cigarette with 10% cannaboids. Helps you relax after a hard day."
 
Why not just let people grow their own? Allow the sale of clones under 14" and Hydroponic/outdoor grow kits. Even the strains that provide the most "High" can't kill you. Of course Monsanto may develop a "killer weed" but it is unlikely that they'd make too big a dent in the market.

The key to 'good weed' is in the curing after the cutting. I'd put my money in the curing kits not the weed production. A good vacuum curing kit would be worth it weight in weed.:)
 
JackLuis, good curing methods are most essential, but in my book it is all about the strains, and some of mine are heirlooms. I have had them for longer than 10 years and they are doing just great. Everyone knows the infamous Arcata Train Wreck and the other beauty is the 95 World Cup Cannabis winner, White Widow. I try to visit the cloning masters in Oakland every spring, just for some new varieties, and this year the Inferno OG Kush is most impressive.
 
JackLuis, good curing methods are most essential, but in my book it is all about the strains, and some of mine are heirlooms. I have had them for longer than 10 years and they are doing just great. Everyone knows the infamous Arcata Train Wreck and the other beauty is the 95 World Cup Cannabis winner, White Widow. I try to visit the cloning masters in Oakland every spring, just for some new varieties, and this year the Inferno OG Kush is most impressive.

I have to agree AC. It's all in the strain, or genus, whether sativa or indica.
I have 3 strains that I grow, Master Kush, Purple Kush(original strain) and Great White Shark. I trade off some of it to other med users for some sativa, so I can sleep and eat better.

The blends they are making these days is all about getting high and nothing to do with medical uses. They want fast production and turnover and that's killing it for us med users.

Most people are put off by the smell of it growing, but I love it. I go into my grow rooms and bask in it. I gave a sample to my doc for testing and he said it was an excellent strain and knew I wasn't in danger of poisons on the plant, like leaf mould and improper fertilization. I know some who have now got lung problems from smoking 'street' dope and have to ingest it instead.

Diligent research into it will start producing some amazing findings and the Gov't will have to back down on how they schedule it now. The time has come for it and it won't be held back any longer, no matter what some groups objections to it are.
 
For some people, the "getting high" blends are a low dose alternative to regular intake...
 
Royce, I recognize all those strains and I do prefer the sativa heavy blends overall. I agree with you that the time has finally arrived for this antiquated kind of thinking to go the way of the Dodo, and I am glad I lived to see it happen!

But I must disagree about the cloning geeks in Oakland. They always make sure they create great medicine for folks like us to grow and smoke. Many of the strains work so well, I now keep them for yearly production, along with the heirlooms.

The one really important issue for me is being able to grow my own. I don't ever want to lose that. Being able to control the soil, additives and strains is what it is all about, and I am completely organic. I also make incredible edibles, ranging in strength from nighty-night right now to a one doobie kinda high that lasts 4 fours. I love experimenting with my leaf material. Almost nothing goes to waste around here.
 
Royce, I recognize all those strains and I do prefer the sativa heavy blends overall. I agree with you that the time has finally arrived for this antiquated kind of thinking to go the way of the Dodo, and I am glad I lived to see it happen!

But I must disagree about the cloning geeks in Oakland. They always make sure they create great medicine for folks like us to grow and smoke. Many of the strains work so well, I now keep them for yearly production, along with the heirlooms.

The one really important issue for me is being able to grow my own. I don't ever want to lose that. Being able to control the soil, additives and strains is what it is all about, and I am completely organic. I also make incredible edibles, ranging in strength from nighty-night right now to a one doobie kinda high that lasts 4 fours. I love experimenting with my leaf material. Almost nothing goes to waste around here.

Just to correct myself, the strains I was talking about, are ones the illegal grow ops design for production and harvest. that's just about money.

I agree with the growers who look at each plant's qualities and design one for a certain illness. The Stanley's out in Colorado are growing strains with almost no THC, but vey high in CBD's. It does nothing for the 'high' but a tincture has shown to stop epileptic seizures with a few drops placed under the tongue.

I saw a report on a man with melanoma, who used nothing but a poultice of marijuana on it for several weeks and it was gone and pink healthy flesh was there, showing a complete remission and removal. One of the hardest things to imagine is Asthma suffers actually getting cured by smoking pot. A friend of mine was an inhaler addict and then smoked pot as a teen, his usage of inhalers dropped and eventually gone all together. He finally told his doctor the truth and he was stunned.

Everyone is looking in tropical jungles for the magic cure-all plant and it's been growing under our feet all this time. Imagine that.;)
 
Royce, yes, the medicinal uses of cannabis are wonderful and I was very pleased that Dr. Sanjay Gupta changed his tune and apologized for being duped by the government studies of its ineffectiveness. If we listen to the wrong folks, we can be lead astray. I know how well it has worked for me and I have many older baby boomer friends that feel the same way. I have always had a challenged liver, so drinking alcohol was not really an option for me. Pot relaxed me without the horrible side-effects that booze always brings.
 
C:: Other Side of Things

So even though the thread is pretty much done, I came across a nice illustration.

The uproar was all about CO but no mention of states where it's still criminal possesion::

So I found this bit from NY state, neighbor to the mostly fine state of NJ.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WITH ZERO REGULATION, LEGAL OR NOT::

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) said:
–*New York City police said a 3-year-old girl was found in school Friday with more than a dozen bags of marijuana in her backpack.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09...onnection-with-marijuana-found-on-young-girl/

Yeah. A+ 4 Chris Christie and his middle ground here in NJ.
 
PayDay, I really don't think you can blame the governor nor the eased-up laws on marijuana for this incident. It seems to be a case of someone other than a family member stashing their stuff in the little girl's backpack for safety and then totally forgetting about it in the morning before she left for school. There are lots of incidents of stupidity among dealers. Look at what they did to the show Weeds.
 

Farmers in California may finally begin growing industrial hemp under a new law signed Wednesday by Gov. Jerry Brown.

Lawmakers have been discussing the proposal since 1999 to allow approved residents to grow hemp for industrial purposes by reclassifying the plant as a fiber or oilseed crop.

The law defines the crop as the nonpsychoactive types of the Cannabis sativa plant containing no more than 3/10 of 1 percent of THC, the psychoactive chemical in marijuana.

I just wonder how Eric Holder will react to this? If there is no reaction, then Kentucky will jump on it too!
 
PayDay, I really don't think you can blame the governor nor the eased-up laws on marijuana for this incident.

mybad. Not the intent I was intending:

I was merely commenting on the fact that a lack of regulation and(or) poorly planned regulation will always lead to the same ends.

ASIN:: Kids with guns or trash in the park after the party.
I'm all 4 a gov who keeps his word and fights for it.

It seems to be a case of someone other than a family member stashing their stuff in the little girl's backpack for safety and then totally forgetting about it in the morning before she left for school. There are lots of incidents of stupidity among dealers. Look at what they did to the show Weeds.

That would be a perfectly reasonable explaination, quite similar to 5 minute trips to someone's house and back in the middle of the night.
 
Last edited:
I just wonder how Eric Holder will react to this? If there is no reaction, then Kentucky will jump on it too!

"But U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has said the federal government won’t interfere with states that permit the possession or regulation of marijuana."

It's become quite obvious to me that this guy has no idea about anything to do with anything. I thought every1 knew that states were not permitted to regulate federal law....

Almost as if he's practicing law w/o a degree or something very similar to a set-up, perhaps even on purpose.

Granted, I haz no proof of this, but hey, stranger things have happened....

Oddly enough it was the Gov that granted this one. That makes no sensey (or it does).

Federal 2 state 2 local. Duh... and I'm not even a lawyer.
 
Last edited:
JackLuis, that is excellent news. Hemp is such a wonderful substance that can be made into comfortable clothes and building materials more sturdy than the usual, like hempcrete, for instance, which is much stronger than concrete. My son did a school report on how a person could build an entire house from hemp products. Hooray for Jerry Brown. He was great when I was a young woman and is just as wonderful now that I am older.
 
Hmmm, when you consider Rick Simpson's video, Run From The Cure, explaining how marijuana can provide an effective treatment/cure/preventative for cancer and the fact that industrial hemp is more productive than trees for producing paper and an excellent oil crop for biodiesel, do you really have to wonder why it was made illegal?

I do hope this trend toward legalization continues. It's absurd that it was ever listed as a hard drug in the first place. The medicinal value alone is necessary for health. The industrial hemp needs to be cultivated and used to replace a portion of the oil we import from the Middle East.
 
Even though hemp production is a side-thread, hemp cloth is superior to cotton in my opinion. Cotton is one of the world's worst, environmentally speaking, while hemp provides a cloth more than equal to the task, without the harm to the planet. But, the 100% cotton ads in the fashion magazines do a fine job of brainwashing the American public.

In regards to this thread, I find it interesting that we were called "Flower Children" back in the day. We not only grow our own "flowers," but also smoke them and mix them into wonderful edibles. My flowers are putting on the most colorful fall display and it warms my heart to just gaze at them in all their crystal glory. What a beautiful and tasty medicine it is. It beats the heck out of castor oil.
 
The gov't of Steven Harper has now become dope dealers. They recently introduced legislation to disallow licences to grow personally, but set up a network of their own licenced growers and have given them the chance to force an increase in price and control, by stating they can sell it at what the 'market' will bear. For those of us who grow our own, we are now being forced to buy inferior quality herb from them and pay dollars more per gram for it.
Where now, it casts me $2-$3 per gram to grow and I get exactly what I need, in terms of grow method, strain and amounts, I'm now going to have to pay upwards of $10-$15 per gram and grown whatever way they want. Plus, I have to wait for delivery and delays, not to mention making what I do public knowledge.

This is tantamount to a parent giving their child the exact medicine they need and then refusing to give it to them, so they can save money giving them inferior quality medicine to save money.

Legal is one thing, greed is another.
 
The issue is fraught with greed on many sides. There are plenty "off the grid" growers that want to keep it that way, the Mexican Cartel wants to keep it illegal, and the smokers-in-the-closet would rather not fess up. So many with their own hidden agendas and none to do battle against the big guys with all the pull. That is why I am so glad California was not the first to make it recreational. We patient/growers will watch and see what they do to our rights to grow our own very carefully. This is my 13th year as a patient, that must mean something, and I am far from alone on this.
 
Hmmm, when you consider Rick Simpson's video, Run From The Cure, explaining how marijuana can provide an effective treatment/cure/preventative for cancer and the fact that industrial hemp is more productive than trees for producing paper and an excellent oil crop for biodiesel, do you really have to wonder why it was made illegal?

I do hope this trend toward legalization continues. It's absurd that it was ever listed as a hard drug in the first place. The medicinal value alone is necessary for health.

"The non-hallucinogenic parts of cannabis seem to be potentially highly effective anti-cancer drugs, according to a new study."

Take a look HERE.
 
Back
Top